Author Topic: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!  (Read 1403706 times)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!
« Reply #5300 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 20:37:24 »
(Attachment Link)

Nice clean setup. Love the speakers too, I'm sure they sound great!

Thanks  :) they're the Kanto Yu5's if anyone is wondering

Ahh, thanks. Those were the ones on Massdrop, right?

Yup, definitely worth it imo

Nice. I was just taking a look at the Yu3's with the sub, also looks like a pretty nice set. Just a little too big for my current desk setup.

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #5301 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 15:47:10 »

Work in progress.

I really should've cleaned up more.

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #5302 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 07:59:34 »
New cans  :p

23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5303 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 09:34:06 »

Offline Lansky

• Realest motherthocker
« Reply #5304 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 11:29:14 »
Norbaforce (88UB, BKE Heavy, silenced), Noxary XRF (stock 87UB, 55g) Singa R2 (retooled MX Blacks w/ 68g catweewee springs), LZ GH V2 (V1 Zealios 67g), RAMA U80-A (Holy GSUS)

Offline superbia

« Reply #5305 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 14:15:41 »

Show Image

Is that France  ;) ?
Keebio Iris 2.8 (Alps) X Colemak Mod-DH

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #5306 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 14:56:06 »

Show Image

Is that France  ;) ?

Yep, why?

Are those from a MD drop?  They look familiar.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/fostex-x-massdrop-th-x00-purpleheart-headphones?mode=guest_open

No, it's a pair of Denon AH-D5000.  :p

What he said.  :)

Though, both the x00 and the D5K where made by Foster Electric Co, hence their really similar look. I'm pretty sure the structure and leatherette are identical actually.
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline iri

« Reply #5307 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 16:42:18 »
135504-0
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline RobotMalcolmX

• hackerman
« Reply #5308 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 08:31:21 »
Work setup. I feel like I just live in the dark as I think about how dark my photos have been looking recently.

We removed most of the lights above where we sit. No regrets.

Offline superbia

« Reply #5309 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 15:02:36 »

Show Image

Is that France  ;) ?

Yep, why?

Are those from a MD drop?  They look familiar.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/fostex-x-massdrop-th-x00-purpleheart-headphones?mode=guest_open

No, it's a pair of Denon AH-D5000.  :p

What he said.  :)

Though, both the x00 and the D5K where made by Foster Electric Co, hence their really similar look. I'm pretty sure the structure and leatherette are identical actually.

now i realize why you sold all those azerties  :)

Offline avantdark

« Reply #5310 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 05:41:59 »
My uncleaned desk today.

Gesendet von meinem D5803 mit Tapatalk

Offline superbia

« Reply #5311 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 08:25:29 »
My uncleaned desk today.
Show Image

Gesendet von meinem D5803 mit Tapatalk

Got more of those aekiis to sell?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5312 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 18:23:57 »
(Attachment Link)

You don't seem like the type of guy who would drink from a cat cup :P
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Altis

« Reply #5313 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 21:05:30 »
Secretly this is my favorite thread on the forum to lurk, but I haven't really posted in it.

I'm living in a rather temporary setup, and so I haven't really set anything up properly, but it's working for now. I'd love to actually mount my RGB LED strip (rather than just lay it there), but at least I can't see it while I'm using the computer. I didn't really bother to implement any kind of cable management, either, and the art work on the wall isn't mine.

My setup is as follows:

Desktop PC (right):   i7 4790K, GTX970 Gaming, 16 GB RAM, 240 GB SSD + mass HDD. Connected primarily to ASUS VG248QE (144Hz, 1ms) and to the Dell U2713HM next to it. Windows 7. Used for gaming, photo editing, music production.

Laptop (Left):   Mid-2010 17" MacBook Pro, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD. Connected to the Dell U2713HM (also connected to the PC). Dual boot with OS X El Capitan and Windows 10 (Bootcamp). Used for daily browsing, school, programming, office, and on the go (naturally).

The desk on the left is a sit/stand desk from IKEA that raises/lowers by crank in about 60 seconds, which is very, very nice to use. It's also nice having both computers attached to the Dell 27" IPS 1440p display since the PC is way more powerful for photo editing. Both desks have extra-large desk mats. Oh, and there's an iPad first generation  :cool:

I only just got the MacBook Pro 17-inch last week and I'm loving it so far. It's almost six years old, which makes it pretty much the gramophone of computers, but it doesn't feel it at all for what I use it for. The screen is easily the best TN display I've used, and 17" 16:10 1920x1200 is positively glorious on a laptop -- tons of space and no scaling issues at all. Best part is it was very afforable compared with any of the newer ones (especially in Canada right now); it's in flawless shape, battery still gives over 5 hours, and back then the keyboards were a bit better.

WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #5314 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 21:14:27 »
Secretly this is my favorite thread on the forum to lurk, but I haven't really posted in it.

I'm living in a rather temporary setup, and so I haven't really set anything up properly, but it's working for now. I'd love to actually mount my RGB LED strip (rather than just lay it there), but at least I can't see it while I'm using the computer. I didn't really bother to implement any kind of cable management, either, and the art work on the wall isn't mine.

My setup is as follows:

Desktop PC (right):   i7 4790K, GTX970 Gaming, 16 GB RAM, 240 GB SSD + mass HDD. Connected primarily to ASUS VG248QE (144Hz, 1ms) and to the Dell U2713HM next to it. Windows 7. Used for gaming, photo editing, music production.

Laptop (Left):   Mid-2010 17" MacBook Pro, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD. Connected to the Dell U2713HM (also connected to the PC). Dual boot with OS X El Capitan and Windows 10 (Bootcamp). Used for daily browsing, school, programming, office, and on the go (naturally).

The desk on the left is a sit/stand desk from IKEA that raises/lowers by crank in about 60 seconds, which is very, very nice to use. It's also nice having both computers attached to the Dell 27" IPS 1440p display since the PC is way more powerful for photo editing. Both desks have extra-large desk mats. Oh, and there's an iPad first generation  :cool:

I only just got the MacBook Pro 17-inch last week and I'm loving it so far. It's almost six years old, which makes it pretty much the gramophone of computers, but it doesn't feel it at all for what I use it for. The screen is easily the best TN display I've used, and 17" 16:10 1920x1200 is positively glorious on a laptop -- tons of space and no scaling issues at all. Best part is it was very afforable compared with any of the newer ones (especially in Canada right now); it's in flawless shape, battery still gives over 5 hours, and back then the keyboards were a bit better.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Love the lighting, setup looks awesome man!

Offline Altis

« Reply #5315 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 21:54:29 »

Thanks! I should set it up properly. I love aqua/purple/red LED lighting.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #5316 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 22:10:31 »
Man I need to up my game, but my interior decorating skills are complete crap

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #5317 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 22:20:22 »

Thanks! I should set it up properly. I love aqua/purple/red LED lighting.

Do it!

Offline vito687

« Reply #5318 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 22:45:04 »
I never realized how hard it would be to take a pic that includes everything.  I work standing up which is why everything is elevated

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5319 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 23:18:35 »

My setup is as follows:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

;-; this is beautiful. I would love a new desk! You've given me some ideas now for sure. OuO

Offline Altis

« Reply #5320 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 07:48:42 »
;-; this is beautiful. I would love a new desk! You've given me some ideas now for sure. OuO

Thanks! The sit/stand desk is the IKEA SKARSTA. It's incredibly solid, quick and easy to move up and down, and it only cost CAD$260 (there's a bigger one for CAD$280).

I highly recommend it. One thing I like about it is the desk is effectively free-floating since the pillars are in the center rather than the corners, letting you get in and out more easily.

Offline iri

« Reply #5321 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 07:59:57 »
(Attachment Link)

You don't seem like the type of guy who would drink from a cat cup :P
that's my favourite kitteh!!!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Perfex

« Reply #5322 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 16:45:04 »
137061-0

Of course it isn't always that clean :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 May 2016, 16:47:50 by Perfex »

Offline jonnyyxo

« Reply #5323 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 10:12:45 »
My setup is finally done, just need a new chair!

Further images are here:

http://imgur.com/a/fx1E1

Regards
jonny :)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #5324 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 10:46:08 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Further images are here:

Regards

So when is the 7G going? :))

Offline jonnyyxo

« Reply #5325 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 11:09:36 »
I hope soon!
Searching for a clean keyboard atm, can't really decide :/

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #5326 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 14:11:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Further images are here:

Regards

Very nice, very clean :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #5327 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 14:19:01 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Further images are here:

Regards

Nice setup, thank you for sharing, I should have one similar to yours, soon.

Offline the_marsbar

« Reply #5328 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 15:09:28 »
Cool set up jonnyyxo. I have the same Corsair case. Mine is full of Noctua fans though.

Offline gabba-gool

« Reply #5329 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 09:06:08 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Further images are here:

Regards

Nice and clean. Jealous.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5330 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 05:32:37 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Further images are here:

Regards

I like this setup very much :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #5331 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 07:01:41 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Further images are here:

Regards

I love those L shaped desks.  Nice Alien Workshop poster.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #5332 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 12:25:18 »
138359-0

The keyboard i use i switch out almost on a daily basis but trying to rekindle my love of the HHKB.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #5333 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 12:29:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Further images are here:

Regards

How are those speakers man? I've been considering those or a pair of Micas.

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #5334 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 13:33:05 »
My office is being redone as a nursury for our upcoming little one.  Had to make due with a corner of the dining room.  At least I am now on the bottom floor (of 4), so the temperature will be much better during the summer. 

« Last Edit: Sun, 29 May 2016, 13:34:41 by Badwrench »
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #5335 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 22:57:40 »
My office is being redone as a nursury for our upcoming little one.  Had to make due with a corner of the dining room.  At least I am now on the bottom floor (of 4), so the temperature will be much better during the summer. 
Show Image

Show Image

I, too, am familiar with the Dad Corner.

Offline Suruga Devil

« Reply #5336 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 10:13:03 »
More
Show Image

Show Image

I, too, am familiar with the Dad Corner.

I couldn't do it, the dinner table would have to accommodate me. My current desk takes up a literal quarter of the room, pics incoming when I get home from traveling in a few weeks.

If I can reach the other side of a desk, it's too small!

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #5337 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 16:10:41 »
new setup who dis

138710-0
138712-1

yes, the pantry is right behind me

Offline zombiegristle

« Reply #5338 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 16:19:28 »
I've downsized from my old NORAD-array setup, to just a nice Asus PB298Q and a mountain of input devices. I replaced all the extra displays with a VR headset, because Virtual Desktop is awesome.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5339 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 16:23:35 »

@workkk
I love Elzy

Offline iri

« Reply #5340 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 18:42:02 »
Show Image

@workkk
Oh, you've so much work to do.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5341 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 18:48:58 »
Show Image

@workkk

Yeah that's a lot better than my work.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #5342 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 19:14:42 »
Show Image

@workkk

I wish I was that productive at work!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5343 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 19:20:17 »
but... that's literally my job I'm working very hard :\
I love Elzy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5344 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 19:39:59 »
but... that's literally my job I'm working very hard :\

I would work so ****ing hard in that job. You are literally living the dream dude.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5345 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 20:42:07 »
Show Image

@workkk

How do I submit my cv
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #5346 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 20:46:38 »
Show Image

@workkk

How do I submit my cv

^^ This. It must be good to be Sifo!

Offline vincentalpha

« Reply #5347 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 11:20:40 »
Show Image

@workkk

Do you mind sharing what keyboard is that? Look almost like a ZZ96 or RS96.

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #5348 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 11:48:07 »
Show Image

@workkk

Do you mind sharing what keyboard is that? Look almost like a ZZ96 or RS96.

iirc it was a lightsaver v2

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5349 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 13:41:06 »

My desktop is pretty simple.  :-[
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 June 2016, 13:54:01 by reaper »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli