Author Topic: Topre Boards with 60% + Numpad?  (Read 3479 times)

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
Topre Boards with 60% + Numpad?
« on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 13:03:40 »
Hello all,

The main reason for me posting here is I'm looking for what board I should use with my computer, I recently switched from laptops as I'm just a fan of them, to my new computer and everything is complete besides my keyboard, currently using some random wireless logitech computer that is so old it barely registers key strokes, I have realized you mizewell just buy the best right at front, I have experience with blacks and I hate them, I like browns/clears, but can't seem to find any 60% + numpad keyboards except the lightsaver which seem impossible to snag? I'm also from Canada which also limits my options I noticed.

Any help/ideas?
In the process of my custom Zombie board
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: Topre Boards with 60% + Numpad?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 14:41:15 »
there aren't any topre 60% with only numpad

get a hhkb or 660c plus the hard af to get topre numpad

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 14:42:42 »
If you like browns or clears, you could get a 60% MX board and then a numpad. If you can't find keyboards that come with clear switches, there are people you could pay to mod your board if you're not comfortable doing it yourself.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 14:48:42 »
You can get the FC660M in clears and you can get the FC660C for Topre w arrows. They're both a tad wider than a 60% then get a tenkeypad I like the 210 from Leopold

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 14:53:08 »
If you like browns or clears, you could get a 60% MX board and then a numpad. If you can't find keyboards that come with clear switches, there are people you could pay to mod your board if you're not comfortable doing it yourself.

currently in the market to get this done, i have a leopold 10key in blues coming to my doorstep today (OOS on browns). Looking to get a mixture of greens and clears put on it. Does anyone know if i can get leds soldered to the rest of the switches? or does it only support that single led?
sell out and eat ass

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 14:56:53 »
I'm going to really have to figure out what I want then.. I might just pick up the new das 4, till I figure out what my plans are for real keyboard use, to many options, hopefully the user I PM'd gets back to me so I can figure out what other options I got are...

Keyboarding is definitly a love/hate relationship hate only because of the wallet.
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 14:59:07 »
currently in the market to get this done, i have a leopold 10key in blues coming to my doorstep today (OOS on browns). Looking to get a mixture of greens and clears put on it. Does anyone know if i can get leds soldered to the rest of the switches? or does it only support that single led?

Think the Leopold keypad doesn't support full back lighting. There was a Keycool keypad that came out earlier this year that had it but I forget the part name.

OP, there's an LZ board that has the layout you want but I forgot the name of it as well :(

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 15:22:15 »

Think the Leopold keypad doesn't support full back lighting. There was a Keycool keypad that came out earlier this year that had it but I forget the part name.

OP, there's an LZ board that has the layout you want but I forgot the name of it as well :(

yeah MK has the keycools in stock, i just like the look of the leo's better. Thanks for the info dude!
sell out and eat ass

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 15:28:17 »
yeah MK has the keycools in stock, i just like the look of the leo's better. Thanks for the info dude!

Ah those aren't the ones I was thinking of. There was one with a multicolored LED backlighting. Here it is, this is the one. But anyways, you're welcome. :D

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 15:35:26 »
I'm going to really have to figure out what I want then.. I might just pick up the new das 4, till I figure out what my plans are for real keyboard use, to many options, hopefully the user I PM'd gets back to me so I can figure out what other options I got are...

Keyboarding is definitly a love/hate relationship hate only because of the wallet.

dude, WTF? 

You came in here saying you "mizewell just buy the best right at front" (which is the correct way to proceed), and then you say you're going to just buy a Das 4 (which is the worst way to proceed).  I know you're a nub, so I want to try to help.  If I misunderstood you, then I apologize, but I think I have to clear some things up for you.

First:  Please, DO NOT BUY Das 4.  It's a waste of money for you at this point.

Second:  I'm not sure you know what a 60% keyboard is.  A true 60% keyboard is the HHKB Pro 2 or the Poker X.  60% keyboard has only the Alpha keys + number row + space bar + bottom row modifiers.  A 75% keyboard has the same keys as a 60% + F-row + arrrow keys + partial nav cluster.  An example of a 75% would be the Noppoo Choc Mini.  The Leo FC660 is kind of a hybrid.  I guess you could call it a 67% keyboard?  I dunno.  But anyway, you get the point.  Regardless of how you define a 60% keyboard, the 60% keyboard has no numpad.

Third:  You can buy a separate numpad, like the Leo FC210:  https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,tenkeypads&pid=fc210tpnb

Fourth:  I think NCIX is the easiest place for Canadians to shop for Keyboards.  But the only interesting 60% keyboard on NCIX is this Filco Minila with MX reds (at least IMO): http://products.ncix.com/detail/filco-majestouch-minila-cherry-mx-b5-80715.htm  The Minila isn't technically a 60%, b/c it's another hybrid-size, I guess you could call it a 65% or something.

Fifth:  the best 60% keyboard in the universe is the HHKB pro 2.  https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=pfu_keyboards,hhkbpro2&pid=pdkb400w.  elitekeyboards charges some big bucks to ship to Canada from what I've heard, but it's the most reliable place to get the HHKB.  Maybe you can use that French website googlé to find a another reseller. 

I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 16:53:08 »
Sounds like you would like something like the Plum96 then if you are after something smaller but still with numpad?

It is available in brown, but I do not think it was produced with clears. Of course modding is always an option. Model isn't always easy to find though, will likely need to find someone that can import it from China via TaoBao.

There is also the similar CM TK.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 March 2014, 16:55:34 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 21:22:21 »
Sounds like you would like something like the Plum96 then if you are after something smaller but still with numpad?
Show Image

It is available in brown, but I do not think it was produced with clears. Of course modding is always an option. Model isn't always easy to find though, will likely need to find someone that can import it from China via TaoBao.

There is also the similar CM TK.

I do like the lots of that keyboard you posted, I may purchase 2 seperate boards at this point.. I did read about ordering from TaoBao if need be however as I am a nub I'll probably wiat.

@eth0s - Thanks for the advice, I understand what a 60% board is due to my research, I just seen the lifesaver by Ducky and it was a beautiful board, just don't think anyone is willing to part with there's or if they are I can wait for that.

I was looking at the Code from WASD in the clears so that may be my temp board, and at the Das comment, I'm just a little impatient but I'll have to be patient for now I guess, I'll definitly continue to lurk the forums, as I do a lot of typing and having the perfect keyboard sounds like something enjoyable.
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 23:45:40 »
You can get the FC660M in clears and you can get the FC660C for Topre w arrows. They're both a tad wider than a 60% then get a tenkeypad I like the 210 from Leopold

Nice FC660C! Now where's your HHKB, "pro"?
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 23:49:51 »
I'm confused. Does the OP want topre or browns/clears? Title says topre but description says <X

Offline tbc

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 03:45:49 »

dude, WTF? 

You came in here saying you "mizewell just buy the best right at front" (which is the correct way to proceed), and then you say you're going to just buy a Das 4 (which is the worst way to proceed).  I know you're a nub, so I want to try to help.  If I misunderstood you, then I apologize, but I think I have to clear some things up for you.

First:  Please, DO NOT BUY Das 4.  It's a waste of money for you at this point.

Second:  I'm not sure you know what a 60% keyboard is.  A true 60% keyboard is the HHKB Pro 2 or the Poker X.  60% keyboard has only the Alpha keys + number row + space bar + bottom row modifiers.  A 75% keyboard has the same keys as a 60% + F-row + arrrow keys + partial nav cluster.  An example of a 75% would be the Noppoo Choc Mini.  The Leo FC660 is kind of a hybrid.  I guess you could call it a 67% keyboard?  I dunno.  But anyway, you get the point.  Regardless of how you define a 60% keyboard, the 60% keyboard has no numpad.

Third:  You can buy a separate numpad, like the Leo FC210:  https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,tenkeypads&pid=fc210tpnb

Fourth:  I think NCIX is the easiest place for Canadians to shop for Keyboards.  But the only interesting 60% keyboard on NCIX is this Filco Minila with MX reds (at least IMO): http://products.ncix.com/detail/filco-majestouch-minila-cherry-mx-b5-80715.htm  The Minila isn't technically a 60%, b/c it's another hybrid-size, I guess you could call it a 65% or something.

Fifth:  the best 60% keyboard in the universe is the HHKB pro 2.  https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=pfu_keyboards,hhkbpro2&pid=pdkb400w.  elitekeyboards charges some big bucks to ship to Canada from what I've heard, but it's the most reliable place to get the HHKB.  Maybe you can use that French website googlé to find a another reseller.

how is the minila not a 60% board?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.