Author Topic: [GB] UniGo66 -- The Ultimate Wireless Ergo (Shipping in process)  (Read 73521 times)

Offline nuclear_wizard

Re: [GB] UniGo66 -- The Ultimate Wireless Ergo (Shipping in process)
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 21:07:05 »
Mine finally came in today, but mad struggling with how to program it properly. Im basically stuck at the step to turn on the darn thing so that the receivers recognize it

Show Image

Same here. Really happy with the build quality, but there could be better instructions on the usability and software side of things. I'm following the email sent out just before I received mine. Here's the text in that:

Hi everyone:
       Your UniGo66 are on the way. Unfortunately, I forgot to pair some of your boards with the unifying receiver so the board may not work once you receive it. You can pair with the following steps:
1.     Install the logitech unifying app.
2.     Plug one of the unifying receiver directly into the usb port of your pc.
3.     Open the app and follow the pairing guide. Turn on one of your boards(left or right) and pair it with the receiver.
4.     Plug in the other one of the unifying receiver and pair it with the other hand of the board.
5.     Plug both the receiver into the U2U dongle and plug the dongle into the usb port of your pc.
6.     Enjoy your board.

I'm stuck on steps 2/3. One of the unifying receivers I got isn't recognized by my computer and when I go through the pairing process with the one that does work, neither of the boards will pair. I'm totally guessing which side is "on" and "off" for the power switches on the boards, but I've tried it in all combinations I could think of. Maybe the batteries have run out? I don't know if there are any indicator lights to show that the board is powered on, so it's kind of difficult to know how to troubleshoot from here.

Please let me know if you got yours going, or any tips from anybody else!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline Sleepertimbre

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 23:36:03 »
Mine finally came in today, but mad struggling with how to program it properly. Im basically stuck at the step to turn on the darn thing so that the receivers recognize it

Show Image

Same here. Really happy with the build quality, but there could be better instructions on the usability and software side of things. I'm following the email sent out just before I received mine. Here's the text in that:

Hi everyone:
       Your UniGo66 are on the way. Unfortunately, I forgot to pair some of your boards with the unifying receiver so the board may not work once you receive it. You can pair with the following steps:
1.     Install the logitech unifying app.
2.     Plug one of the unifying receiver directly into the usb port of your pc.
3.     Open the app and follow the pairing guide. Turn on one of your boards(left or right) and pair it with the receiver.
4.     Plug in the other one of the unifying receiver and pair it with the other hand of the board.
5.     Plug both the receiver into the U2U dongle and plug the dongle into the usb port of your pc.
6.     Enjoy your board.

I'm stuck on steps 2/3. One of the unifying receivers I got isn't recognized by my computer and when I go through the pairing process with the one that does work, neither of the boards will pair. I'm totally guessing which side is "on" and "off" for the power switches on the boards, but I've tried it in all combinations I could think of. Maybe the batteries have run out? I don't know if there are any indicator lights to show that the board is powered on, so it's kind of difficult to know how to troubleshoot from here.

Yup pretty much exactly describes my experience. At least we know the receivers work with the software, it definitely recognizes when its plugged in and it appears to be permanently seeking each hand.

I think it's worth opening up and checking if the batteries are dead. I forget the exact kind of batteries it takes and I haven't had the time with work lately but it was definitely my initial plan. Let me know if you try this out to any luck!

Offline nuclear_wizard

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 03:23:25 »

Show Image

Hi everyone:
3.     Open the app and follow the pairing guide. Turn on one of your boards(left or right) and pair it with the receiver.
4.     Plug in the other one of the unifying receiver and pair it with the other hand of the board.
5.     Plug both the receiver into the U2U dongle and plug the dongle into the usb port of your pc.
6.     Enjoy your board.

Yup pretty much exactly describes my experience. At least we know the receivers work with the software, it definitely recognizes when its plugged in and it appears to be permanently seeking each hand.

I think it's worth opening up and checking if the batteries are dead. I forget the exact kind of batteries it takes and I haven't had the time with work lately but it was definitely my initial plan. Let me know if you try this out to any luck!
I got mine opened up and surprise; no batteries... I found some documentation for these things pinned on the Alf discord server on the unigo 66 channel that really helps explain things though. The batteries are CR 2032 ones, so once I get some in from Amazon, I'll continue through the process of pairing the boards with the receivers.

Offline Sleepertimbre

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 21:08:42 »

Show Image

Hi everyone:
6.     Enjoy your board.

I got mine opened up and surprise; no batteries... I found some documentation for these things pinned on the Alf discord server on the unigo 66 channel that really helps explain things though. The batteries are CR 2032 ones, so once I get some in from Amazon, I'll continue through the process of pairing the boards with the receivers.

Would love to see that documentation if possible! I remember trying an old expired link to said discord channel and couldn't come across anything unless you'd be willing to provide that

Offline nuclear_wizard

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 23:09:32 »

Show Image

Hi everyone:
6.     Enjoy your board.

Would love to see that documentation if possible! I remember trying an old expired link to said discord channel and couldn't come across anything unless you'd be willing to provide that

Here ya go.

Offline Sleepertimbre

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 20 November 2019, 08:18:13 »

Offline ELLIOTTCABLE

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 13:32:01 »
Anybody know how to flash this thing? (Again, no documentation included. Build-quality is _amazing_, but Alf or Sirius should probably hire someone to write a small website or something for their next product – hunting through Chinese "docx" files that won't even open on my Mac for basic instructions on how to even turn on my $400 keyboard is, uh, less-than-ideal.)

Offline nuclear_wizard

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 13:39:47 »
Anybody know how to flash this thing? (Again, no documentation included. Build-quality is _amazing_, but Alf or Sirius should probably hire someone to write a small website or something for their next product – hunting through Chinese "docx" files that won't even open on my Mac for basic instructions on how to even turn on my $400 keyboard is, uh, less-than-ideal.)

I attached the english documentation (.docx file) two comments above this one...

Unfortunately, I think that's the best you're going to get as far as documentation, but Sirius has been very easy to contact via Discord/email for me, so if you have specific questions, try hitting him up (nicely, I would suggest).
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 December 2019, 13:41:34 by nuclear_wizard »

Offline Jignoni

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 15:53:56 »
Hope this makes a R2, dream keeb. But I joined the hobbie to late

Offline Gohan

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 17 March 2021, 09:21:01 »
Hope this makes a R2, dream keeb. But I joined the hobbie to late

^^^ this

Offline upintheclouds

Re: [GB] UniGo66 -- U2UHub screw
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 18:48:58 »
I ended up replacing the USB jack on my U2UHub PCB after the original bent complet-ely off, and the replacement seems stronger on account of using the little post holes in the PCB and having no gap between end of PCB and end of USB plug. It connects and identifies as Unigo66 very easily now, however I managed to lose the little screw that holds the PCB onto the aluminum block.

Can anyone help me figure out what size this screw is supposed to be?

Where on discord would I find Sirius to ask if no one else knows?

edit: turns out m.2 drive screws work just fine. I had to replace the batteries too, but the whole board works great now!
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 June 2021, 11:32:25 by upintheclouds »

Offline joric

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 27 February 2024, 00:31:40 »
Oldcat, Sirius, just wondering, how did you manage to use Unified firmware on a custom PCB long before it was reversed or dumped? Did you just resolder the nRF24LE1 chips from Logitech K230 to Unigo66 PCB?
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 February 2024, 00:38:25 by joric »