Author Topic: Mensa  (Read 17748 times)

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
Re: Mensa
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 00:04:39 »
A month or so ago, my company mandated that all employees take an IQ and personality test online...

What!? I'm surprised that something like this is even allowed O.o

It's a private sector job...

As far as I know, around here it's only allowed when you apply for a job, but once you signed it's a "bought as seen" situation,
any further evaluation has to be based on your work, and even this is somewhat restricted because of "equal treatment" laws.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:05:49 »
Never understood some of these job regulations.

Equal treatment - does it mean you give equal consideration to everyone, including people who patently don't qualify for the job.

A month or so ago, my company mandated that all employees take an IQ and personality test online...

What!? I'm surprised that something like this is even allowed O.o

It's a private sector job...

As far as I know, around here it's only allowed when you apply for a job, but once you signed it's a "bought as seen" situation,
any further evaluation has to be based on your work, and even this is somewhat restricted because of "equal treatment" laws.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:07:33 »
I'd be curious to know if we have any members here.

I was admitted two years ago or so, I believe. I don't think I've renewed because I haven't found any time to go spend at meetings and have heard generally negative things about other members by a psychologist I used to visit.

but what did the shrink have to say about you! :eek:

also did you get the stuff i sent you?

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 12:54:58 »
I'd be curious to know if we have any members here.

I was admitted two years ago or so, I believe. I don't think I've renewed because I haven't found any time to go spend at meetings and have heard generally negative things about other members by a psychologist I used to visit.

but what did the shrink have to say about you! :eek:

also did you get the stuff i sent you?

Lots and lots.  :D

And I think that it came in, but USPS probably delivered it to the wrong address. :(
I'm going to go and check with them, because the shipping label says it's been delivered a while ago.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.