Author Topic: [IC] GMK First Love - Final Updates (8/23/19)  (Read 55089 times)

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
Re: [IC] GMK First Love (Poll updated!)
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 09:08:54 »
Soo... umm...the real question is... NE Icon mods avail?  :p
I'll try to see if I can get a render with icon mods. Aren't you guys getting sick of it enough thou? With Wavez, Mizu and 8008 all having icon mods back to back...

Why would anyone get sick of superior mods? ;)

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 10:27:08 »
I'll try to see if I can get a render with icon mods. Aren't you guys getting sick of it enough thou? With Wavez, Mizu and 8008 all having icon mods back to back...

They're not completely icon mods tho, bottom row remains text. And that looks a bit weird tbqh. Have you considered going full icon mods, even for Ctrl/Alt/...?

Offline upas

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 10:34:53 »

They're not completely icon mods tho, bottom row remains text. And that looks a bit weird tbqh. Have you considered going full icon mods, even for Ctrl/Alt/...?

Usually when people do icon mods, they do icon mods + bottom row text.

I like the standard mods, similar to all the sets on o.co. So many sets are doing Icon mods, I like the variety.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 10:44:14 »
Icon mods plus bottom text is my personal favorite. It reminds me of the classic IBM model F keyboards with the lock symbol on caps lock.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 10:47:18 »

Offline dk4one

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 10:59:47 »
Wonder what the poll turns out to be like. Actually text mods look pretty dank too..

Offline trg1234

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 16:22:26 »
+1 to changing the color of spacebars to the ones on esc and enter

Offline Namkhanhv

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 11:19:51 »
Voted for custom black. I love lilac so I'd totally in when GB happens.  :-*

Offline edasaur

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 12:13:31 »
really digging the purple color. So far, I haven't seen a purple set that I've really liked yet (I've liked renders on some, but they never turn out the way I thought they would)

Here's to hoping that this set will also be just as nice as the renders ^^

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 18:53:45 »
Nice purple set. I’m down.

Offline jortzii

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 01:24:36 »
This set might win the rights to be what goes on my Jane CE. Looks great man!
Volcano660 | Satisfaction75 | Think6.5 | TGR Jane V2 CE | Preonic | IC Kira | Drop ALT

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 04:11:48 »
Text mods best mods.

Custom gray looks so much better.

Apologies if I missed it, but is there a timeline established for gb at this point?

Offline slimydog

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 12:55:44 »
Great color set.  2U shift would be a great privilege please.  Thanks.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 18:08:06 »
Purple dis? Purple yes!

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 20:30:57 »
I'm looking forward to updates on this too.

Offline diorite

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 06:22:03 »
I'm loving this set!

I would definitely go with the gray alphas. It looks way better and helps to further differentiate this from black lotus

Also, I like icons as much as the next guy, but I think text mods are the way to go with this set.

Best of luck. Hope to see it in GB soon.

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #116 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 06:13:16 »
excuse me sir where is gmk goth gf

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 09:23:01 »
When will the GB probably start?
Gonna have this set.

Offline leexy

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 10:14:46 »
love u long time

Offline Viking_Robot

• Flickr
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 17 June 2019, 17:06:04 »
Love this set.  Will definitely pick it up once live.  Great work.
Current Keyboards - TGR Jane CE WKL Blue Grey | TGR Jane v2 CE | TGR 910 RE | TGR 910 SE | TGR Alice/Police | TGR Tris | Keycult No2 TKL | Keycult No2 65 | Duck Octagon v3 Black | Duck Orion v3 WKL Silver |

Flickr

Offline MajorShy

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 17 June 2019, 17:48:38 »
Let me in!  :eek: :eek: Will pick this up, great work!  :thumb:

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
All updates were posted here on the first page. Please head over  :)

Offline LXVRGS

really unfortunate to see the original mods go any way to get those back in a separate kit?

Offline OtherAndrew

really unfortunate to see the original mods go any way to get those back in a separate kit?

this tbh

i can't be the only one who liked the look of text + icon mods on this set

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
That was definitely the hardest decision I had to make. At the end of the day, I think icon mods just go nicer with the icon novelties while not making anything to look out of place. I'm trying to keep the kit sizing as small as possible, so I'm afraid there will be no separate mod kits. My apologies. I know this will be the toughest decision I had to make at that moment when I decided to pull it off. I wish there was something else I could've done to please everyone, but I've looked at all the possibility and couldn't think of any that would help me to keep the sizing of the set (and eventually cost) down while still pleasing everyone. I personally think all the changes I've made will benefit the majority of the people who were interested in the set given the circumstance, and I take full responsibility for it. Really sorry man. I really am.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 June 2019, 13:10:46 by otanishock »

Offline LXVRGS

yeah i understand you can never please everyone with these sets its just unfortunate that its the case on a favorite colorway.

Offline maltedsoyamilk

That was definitely the hardest decision I had to make. At the end of the day, I think icon mods just go nicer with the icon novelties while not making anything to look out of place. I'm trying to keep the kit sizing as small as possible, so I'm afraid there will be no separate mod kits. My apologies. I know this will be the toughest decision I had to make at that moment when I decided to pull it off. I wish there was something else I could've done to please everyone, but I've looked at all the possibility and couldn't think of any that would help me to keep the sizing of the set (and eventually cost) down while still pleasing everyone. I personally think all the changes I've made will benefit the majority of the people who were interested in the set given the circumstance, and I take full responsibility for it. Really sorry man. I really am.

I agree with the choice of using icon mods, it is really hard to satisfy everyone's taste and the keep the kits simple and have a reasonable price. The novelties are like the best thing about this set, it would be such a shame to not use them if they don't match with text mods as nicely. Well done brother on such an amazing set  :-*
OTD 356 Mini V1 Black | OTD 356.2 | KMAC Happy | Kmac 2 | TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | Matrix v2.0 | TGR-910 SE | Keycult No.1 Alu Silver & Blue | Keycult No.1 Rev 1 Navy | Keycult No.2 Rev 1| Volcano V660|

Offline SolidCactus

Glad to see this set moving again! I will be grabbing a set so thanks for the kit updates and timescales!

Offline euphxenos

Would it be possible to add R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn?  They're used in some 65% layouts (Massdrop Alt, Tada68, Whitefox, Uniqey C70).

Offline Yeoh

Dang, icon mods. A little overdone these days imo, and another step closer to black lotus.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
Icon mods!!! Def in for a base + novelties now :)

Offline sevenseacat

ne colemak avail ;_;

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
Icon mods!!! Def in for a base + novelties now :)
Awesome! Thanks for the support. As this set is a remembrance of a good memory of mine, I plan to not release any second run of the set. Will only drop once and for good this September, so I'm glad you are in for something special  :)

ne colemak avail ;_;
Really sorry, but I'm afraid not. I think the size of the drop is just too small to offer support to all layouts. That was a hard decision too, but as a responsible designer I just don't want to force my vendors to buyout all the extra kits to meet MOQ that would probably still not going to move post groupbuy. I did put your concern into consideration, and I really hope you
understand the decision I made. Really sorry man.

Offline sevenseacat

All good. Might be in regardless, we'll see :)

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 13:52:19 »
What a disappointment. I am happy for the people who are getting what they want but I am no longer interested.

I don't feel the vibe of icon mods on this set to be honest. This set supposed to have a classic vibe, so I think icon+text mods would be best.

Edit: I also would like to point out that the rule of thumb for icon mods is that they only work well against highly contrast alphas/mods set (like beige/carbon gray on Bone, sky blue/dark navy on Mizu, etc.). Dark purple and black does not have that strong of a contrast to throw in icon mods, if that makes sense.

What happened to this? What happened to the classic vibe and the point about contrast (both completely true).
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 17:40:03 »
What a disappointment. I am happy for the people who are getting what they want but I am no longer interested.

I don't feel the vibe of icon mods on this set to be honest. This set supposed to have a classic vibe, so I think icon+text mods would be best.

Edit: I also would like to point out that the rule of thumb for icon mods is that they only work well against highly contrast alphas/mods set (like beige/carbon gray on Bone, sky blue/dark navy on Mizu, etc.). Dark purple and black does not have that strong of a contrast to throw in icon mods, if that makes sense.

What happened to this? What happened to the classic vibe and the point about contrast (both completely true).

What can I say? He saw the light and converted, I have faith that you one day will have your soul salvaged and see the light as well. :cool:

In all seriousness, I am happy that you revised your initial decision Otani - I feel like this set really benefits from the Icon mod change. It was going to be a great set regardless, but this really upped the ante and projects a whole new vision. You can count on me when this comes around to GB, it will be one of my personal greats!

Just understand that you can never please everyone. A decision will always make some people happy, while others will be deterred (or act that way, then come around regardless). Just do what you think is right for the set and have faith in yourself - you have a good eye for design as obviously shown with gmk hatsukoi!

Let's get it! ;)

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 17:49:10 »

Good point, now with the set being even closer to Black Lotus, it will be tough to justify picking this one up.

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 21:07:01 »

Yeah I mean there is clear demand for the origin style. So I really don't understand not even trying to offer a separate kit. But again I'm not the designer but I can vote with my wallet so I'll save some money in this situation.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 00:16:44 »

Yeah I mean there is clear demand for the origin style. So I really don't understand not even trying to offer a separate kit. But again I'm not the designer but I can vote with my wallet so I'll save some money in this situation.

Agree with this.  Love theme seemed more closely aligned with the classic vibe.  Icon mods also puts this closer to Black Lotus which is a minus.  I was thinking this and that, but now I'm thinking this or that.

Can we go back?  How big of a deal is this for Icon mod lovers?

Offline NaturalPack

• NaturalPack's Website

Offline fleeceman

Love it!

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
Banderole/Box Art

Deskmat

Offline euphxenos

Would it be possible to add R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn?  They're used in some 65% layouts (Massdrop Alt, Tada68, Whitefox, Uniqey C70).

Otanishock,

Asking again since I saw replies to other questions, just in case this request was overlooked.  Would it be possible to add an R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn?

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ

Otanishock,

Asking again since I saw replies to other questions, just in case this request was overlooked.  Would it be possible to add an R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn?
Sorry might have missed your request earlier. I think the kit is locked as of right now. Can you do R2 Pg Up, R3 Pg Dn and R4 Fn instead? That's more in line with the standard 65% layout.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
Icon mod <3
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 July 2019, 08:21:34 by otanishock »

Offline sevenseacat

I love the icon mods, but the inconsistency of half icon mods and half text mods just kills me.

Offline vicissitude

Gonna grab a deskmat.
Wish GB coming soon.

Offline asianfork

• Alice
Haha love that wine bottle novelty