Author Topic: [IC] MW HERESY 🩸[SAMPLE PHOTOS]  (Read 46856 times)

Offline Afresh

Re: [IC] MW HERESY 💀
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 07:53:52 »
Won't be able to resist this.
Yes, give in and join the cult  ;D

Offline jeimuzu22

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 22:07:57 »
This is such a great concept. Can't say I'll buy them unless I have a particular idea with what to do with them tho, the style is def distinctive! On the other hand, I've been looking for a deskmat and that church on fire one just jumped to the top of my list.

I do agree with some others that the legends are a little off in places - the misalignment is super clear between the G and H keys, for instance.

Offline Afresh

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 00:35:30 »
This is such a great concept. Can't say I'll buy them unless I have a particular idea with what to do with them tho, the style is def distinctive! On the other hand, I've been looking for a deskmat and that church on fire one just jumped to the top of my list.

I do agree with some others that the legends are a little off in places - the misalignment is super clear between the G and H keys, for instance.

Thank you for your kind words. Overall the placement of 'g' and 'h' is by design aligned that way to avoid inconsistencies while adding the same look of alignment as uppercase letters. Thank you for your feedback!

Offline cthalupa

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 20:15:55 »
I still really want black metal band font alternate legends

Offline Afresh

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 25 September 2021, 06:14:58 »

I know :'(

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 25 September 2021, 07:13:28 »
That would be more appropriate as a WoB set...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline Dinerenblanc

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 26 September 2021, 05:45:50 »
Kinda odd that the GB isn't till November, missing that crucial Halloween window.

Offline Afresh

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 26 September 2021, 07:30:52 »
Kinda odd that the GB isn't till November, missing that crucial Halloween window.

I could do that but I wanted to get some feedback first.

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 26 September 2021, 09:01:12 »
Not like they would arrive in time for this Halloween, but I get your point and agree the GB should overlap the holiday at some point.

Offline ZeroZeroOne

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 26 September 2021, 16:29:40 »
I think you got the right } key wrong in the renders, it has } twice instead of one } and one ]

Offline cthalupa

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 26 September 2021, 18:26:31 »

I have some test designs around such a WoB set, but need to get samples of a few different fonts to find one that won't come across as ultra scuffed once printed. And thematically it would have to be pretty close to this, so I was hoping Afresca could fit it in  ;D

Offline Dinerenblanc

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 26 September 2021, 20:36:18 »
Any chance there will be artisans for this set?

Offline Afresh

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 27 September 2021, 03:34:58 »
I think you got the right } key wrong in the renders, it has } twice instead of one } and one ]

Good catch, will fix!

I have some test designs around such a WoB set, but need to get samples of a few different fonts to find one that won't come across as ultra scuffed once printed. And thematically it would have to be pretty close to this, so I was hoping Afresca could fit it in  ;D

Yeah hopefully we can do that in the future, so far red on black is the first version.

Any chance there will be artisans for this set?

Working on it ;)

Offline Keeb_Archive

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 28 September 2021, 20:04:33 »
Noob question, where can I see the profile for this set? Thank you in advance!

Offline Afresh

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 01:45:22 »
Noob question, where can I see the profile for this set? Thank you in advance!

It's a cherry profile.

Offline Afresh

Re: [IC] MW HERESY 💀 Updated renders
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 06:41:14 »
Updated kitting and board renders!

Offline Carcha

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 06:49:42 »
The Envy kit has a key with:
:

It should be:
;

R4, fifth key from the left.

Offline Afresh

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 07:52:29 »
The Envy kit has a key with:
:

It should be:
;

R4, fifth key from the left.

Good catch, fixed!

Offline Keeb_Archive

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 17:00:45 »
Is this somewhere I am missing or just something I always should ask? Thank you!

Also, this set is made from pbt?

Offline Keeb_Archive

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 17:03:42 »
Is this somewhere I am missing or just something I always should ask? Thank you!

Also, this set is made from pbt?

Nvm, found it in the information. Thank you anyway!

Offline WarlordGorguts

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 30 September 2021, 12:29:04 »
The De... Afresh made me buy it.

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 02 October 2021, 06:30:44 »
ISO Enter and Numpad Enter are the only icon mods while the rest of the mod use text only, not sure if it's deliberate or an oversight.

Offline inceptive

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 02 October 2021, 17:54:50 »
Is there a story to the last deskmat?

Offline oestrogen8r

• I SERVED 2 TOURS OF DUTY IN THE LEMURIAN TIME WAR
Add left-hand and right-hand of Baphomet please!
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 02 October 2021, 22:42:20 »
Huge missed opportunity not to have the left and right hands of Baphomet as novelty keys.

276734-1 

This gesture by Baphomet is the "as above, so below" with huge significance for a variety of esoteric and occult schools of thought. Anybody who is sufficiently familiar with Western esotericists like Aleister Crowley would recognise these as symbolising the dichotomy between two complementary modes of magick, the left-hand path and right-hand path. The left-hand path is, very loosely speaking, about violating convention and order, embracing chaos, and destabilising hierarchies, whereas the right-hand path is about forming order out of instability, recreating conventions, and taming the chaotic.

They'd just make for absolutely fantastic raise/lower or pageup/pagedown or volume up/down or arrow keys, and would complement the goat-head novelty brilliantly.

Edit: I just made a silly mockup of what it could look like because I was bored. I'm sure you could come up with a much better illustration than this one, this was just quick and incredibly low-effort (and they should probably be R4 for raise/lower or something but you get the idea):
276739-3
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 October 2021, 10:31:02 by oestrogen8r »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 03 October 2021, 01:19:55 »

Huge missed opportunity not to have the left and right hands of Baphomet as novelty keys.

[...]

They'd just make for absolutely fantastic raise/lower or pageup/pagedown or volume up/down or arrow keys, and would complement the goat-head novelty brilliantly.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 03 October 2021, 12:25:03 »
Replace arrows with crosses in the regular or space bar set?

Offline JohnYYZ

• KanataKeys.co
Re: Add left-hand and right-hand of Baphomet please!
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 03 October 2021, 15:12:41 »

This gesture by Baphomet is the "as above, so below" with huge significance for a variety of esoteric and occult schools of thought. Anybody who is sufficiently familiar with Western esotericists like Aleister Crowley would recognise these as symbolising the dichotomy between two complementary modes of magick, the left-hand path and right-hand path. The left-hand path is, very loosely speaking, about violating convention and order, embracing chaos, and destabilising hierarchies, whereas the right-hand path is about forming order out of instability, recreating conventions, and taming the chaotic.

Edit: I just made a silly mockup of what it could look like because I was bored. I'm sure you could come up with a much better illustration than this one, this was just quick and incredibly low-effort (and they should probably be R4 for raise/lower or something but you get the idea):

LMAO, insane amount of effort!

Offline meowlinda

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 03 October 2021, 18:28:19 »
Please, the left hand path and right hand path idea from @oestrogen8r is such a good idea. And an R1 goat head! I would use it for sure on an alice board with the extra keys on the side!

Offline oestrogen8r

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 03 October 2021, 21:23:21 »
LMAO, insane amount of effort!

Aw shucks, it was just 20-30 mins in Photoshop. I already had these pngs of the left- and right- hand floating around because I used to use them as emojis on Discord  :cool:

They were just so perfect here that I couldn't pass on the opportunity to suggest them x)
This kit is gonna have no trouble selling the novelties since the alphas themselves are already a novelty, and there are just so many things that would make for great novelties.

Offline Afresh

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 04 October 2021, 02:00:01 »

Thank you for your feedback! I'm currently working on that idea to see how it will fit :)

Offline WarlordGorguts

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 04 October 2021, 03:57:56 »
Damn, this idea sounds cool af!

Offline oestrogen8r

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 04 October 2021, 04:12:57 »
Thank you for your feedback! I'm currently working on that idea to see how it will fit :)

Thanks for considering the idea! Let me know if I can help at all. Big fan of this set!

I basically just recolorised the hand PNGs from above for my mockup, but I also found I had to tweak the right-hand a bit more to give it a bit clearer definition. Not sure whether you wanted to completely reillustrate them yourself from scratch or pilfer them from this classic illustration like I did, but this depiction of Baphomet due to Éliphas Lévi is entirely within the public domain so you could just do that too if you wanted.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 October 2021, 04:17:49 by oestrogen8r »

Offline Afresh

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 04:06:28 »

Thanks for considering the idea! Let me know if I can help at all. Big fan of this set!

I basically just recolorised the hand PNGs from above for my mockup, but I also found I had to tweak the right-hand a bit more to give it a bit clearer definition. Not sure whether you wanted to completely reillustrate them yourself from scratch or pilfer them from this classic illustration like I did, but this depiction of Baphomet due to Éliphas Lévi is entirely within the public domain so you could just do that too if you wanted.

Yeah atm I have a problem with the lower hand, not sure if I like how people immidelty say "sheee" when they see it  :))

Offline Ravenhar

• Merely an observer
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 05:33:08 »

this was just quick and incredibly low-effort

"low effort" and makes a fantastic looking mockup that could absolutely pass for the original.

But seriously you did a phenomenal job on this. I'm all for this idea!!

Offline oestrogen8r

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 06:18:51 »
Yeah atm I have a problem with the lower hand, not sure if I like how people immidelty say "sheee" when they see it  :))
Show Image

The fingernails are an interesting touch, this illustration looks like a lesbian's worst nightmare LMAO

Offline Afresh

« Reply #85 on: Sun, 10 October 2021, 06:28:18 »
Show Image

The fingernails are an interesting touch, this illustration looks like a lesbian's worst nightmare LMAO

Well, I might scrap it in that case.

Offline oestrogen8r

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 10 October 2021, 08:59:07 »
nooo I didn't mean it was bad lmao, just that these fingernails look like they could kill

Offline Afresh

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 13 October 2021, 08:27:14 »
nooo I didn't mean it was bad lmao, just that these fingernails look like they could kill

Yeah, just not sure if people should get this kind of vibe from novs tho :D

Offline oestrogen8r

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 13 October 2021, 23:35:26 »
Yeah, just not sure if people should get this kind of vibe from novs tho :D

fair. would you be opposed to a more conventional-looking version of them, like the Éliphas Lévi illustration I posted above, or do you not feel like it fits the vibe enough?

Offline mikestah

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 14 October 2021, 18:05:00 »

Such a good idea. Would fit this set and theme well

Offline oestrogen8r

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 14 October 2021, 19:41:36 »

I also think some crosses would look sweet, even just as novelties if not as a full arrow set. Not sure how I feel about the idea of sideways crosses but I think a normal cross and an upturned cross would be neat. Basically my stance on this kit is just that I'd love to see more novelties in general involving cool real-world symbolism

Offline Afresh

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 17 October 2021, 15:03:38 »

I also think some crosses would look sweet, even just as novelties if not as a full arrow set. Not sure how I feel about the idea of sideways crosses but I think a normal cross and an upturned cross would be neat. Basically my stance on this kit is just that I'd love to see more novelties in general involving cool real-world symbolism

After considering all the options and trying this and that, I won't add any new novelties to the kit. I can't seem to place them so they actually fit the theme. Thank you for your feedback anyway guys!

Offline oestrogen8r

« Reply #92 on: Sun, 17 October 2021, 19:58:42 »
After considering all the options and trying this and that, I won't add any new novelties to the kit. I can't seem to place them so they actually fit the theme. Thank you for your feedback anyway guys!

Ah well, thanks anyway Afresh! Big fan of your designs and taste in colourways.

Looking forward to see what you come up with next. Art, Terror Below, and this have all been solid bangers imo.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 October 2021, 20:17:31 by oestrogen8r »

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 17 October 2021, 20:01:16 »

Understandable, thanks for looking into it.

Offline Afresh

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 25 October 2021, 03:15:24 »
Heresy x Keyrelic
ruthenium coated bronze

Offline Dinerenblanc

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 25 October 2021, 13:40:41 »
Need the hand with the nails as an artisan tbh

Offline Afresh

Re: [IC] MW HERESY 🩸
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 16:51:38 »
GB DATE: November 26th (Friday)

Offline Totoro

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 03:44:12 »
Show Image

MW PBT HERESY

Show Image

EMBRACE THE CULT NOVEMBER 26TH
I WANTED A BADASS SET WITH BLACKLETTER TYPEFACE, SO HERE WE ARE

SHIPPING DATE: 03.2022

IC FORM

Prices

base "greed" - 95$ USD
numpad "sloth" - 25$ USD
spacbars "lust" - 23$ USD
novelties "gluttony" - 25$ USD
40s "wrath" - 30$ USD
norde "envy" - 30$ USD
deskmats "pride" - 20$ USD

Vendors
US - MECHS&CO
EU -
CN - MILKYWAY
CA - KANATAKEYS
SEA - KIBOU
OCE - SWITCHKEYS
UK - PROTOZOA

Kits

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Renders

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Collabs

heresy x keyrelic
Show Image

Info

Cherry profile
PBT
reverse dye-sub
Legends look sharp
3-4 months wait time
I have full set of MW PBT 02 and I have to say it looks great, no problems with it.
I'm aiming to get a full set of Heresy before group buy starts so I can post some photos here. Overall I'm very happy with this manu and qc :thumb:

Show Image

Show Image

Thank you to ImperfectLink and Konstantin for help with that set.
Boards rendered: Paragon, Haus, Whimsy (15 more days), Cypher, m65-a, D60_Lite, 8XMK2

Signature:
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=114631.0][img width=300 height=120]https://imgur.com/yqrZK69.jpg[/img][/url]
oh,red! i want it

Offline Afresh

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 04:24:13 »
Added EU vendor: CANDYKEYS

Offline Afresh

Re: [IC] MW HERESY 🩸[SAMPLE PHOTOS]
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 07:35:37 »
Also added sample photos:

Full set in the production atm, should get it before GB starts  :thumb: