Author Topic: [IC] SA Symbiosis R2 - Group Buy Coming Soon  (Read 109807 times)

Offline shensmobile

Re: [IC] SA Symbiosis R2 - Returns with a new design
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 15:30:22 »
Wow, those are great kits.  I am absolutely in!

Offline Evilocity

« Reply #251 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 10:00:46 »
I'm out of the loop here. When's this happening?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline online

« Reply #252 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 10:43:31 »
Is this GB going to happen? I'm deciding which one to join... GMK or SA? OR BOTH :eek:

Offline befbef

« Reply #253 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 13:06:35 »
Both of course!

Offline alisonica

« Reply #254 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 15:06:29 »
Is this GB going to happen? I'm deciding which one to join... GMK or SA? OR BOTH :eek:

Both :))

Offline online

« Reply #255 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 15:16:50 »

Both :))
Ordered GMK, most likely will join the SA GB.

Well, my right kidney has to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #256 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 17:14:41 »
I love the Emacs novelties. Being an Emacs user myself, I can definitely relate to this set!

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #257 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 19:48:57 »
Super excited for this.
Will the sublegends in alpha kit also be doubleshot?

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #258 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 06:09:47 »
I'm out of the loop here. When's this happening?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Soon(tm)  :p

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #259 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 06:13:03 »
I love the Emacs novelties. Being an Emacs user myself, I can definitely relate to this set!

Thanks for your support!  ;D

Super excited for this.
Will the sublegends in alpha kit also be doubleshot?

Yep, all legends will be double shot.

Offline Taques

« Reply #260 on: Sun, 05 August 2018, 03:41:41 »
Really enamored with the space cadet themes coming out - it was a bit before my time but they look really nice.

Also love the all R3 set to pieces! That allows me to support both the SA and GMK group buys with the CADR kit and the assembly kit respectively. Oh and of course the novelties from both!

I must admit I selfishly wish there were R3 Roman numeral keys in white font in the choices kit to go with the CADR kit, but I don’t know how the logistics of that shakes out. Either way, great job on setting this up and I can’t wait to join.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #261 on: Sun, 05 August 2018, 05:08:37 »
I must admit I selfishly wish there were R3 Roman numeral keys in white font in the choices kit to go with the CADR kit, but I don’t know how the logistics of that shakes out. Either way, great job on setting this up and I can’t wait to join.

Thank you for the support!  :D

There are numerous combinations of colors/profiles, considering we have white/black legends at different rows as the Space-Cadet is, and sculpted/all R3 flat versions. It's hard to put the keys with proper color legends and profiles into one kit to fit both sculpted version and flat version properly. Given that the sculpted version usually has more buyers nowadays, the design leans to the sculpted version. So you might notice most add-on kits are designed to work only with the sculpted base. And the CADR kit only provides a nude all in one kit for flat profile enthusiasts.

As for the choices kit you mentioned, I think it's a way to fulfill your request by adding a all R3 choices kit with only R3 white/black legends, but the MOQ still is an issue. You know 7bit's R6 has these white on blue Roman numeral and hands keys in R3. I have no idea how many CADR buyers would buy this R3 choices kit as well.
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 August 2018, 05:12:59 by hhkbp2 »

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #262 on: Sun, 05 August 2018, 13:25:21 »
Hi hhkbp2,

Have you evaluated the possibility of running this buy with the new SA-P tooling from SP?

https://pimpmykeyboard.com/whats-new/

Thick PBT but no doble shot though. But could be interesting.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #263 on: Sun, 05 August 2018, 15:53:46 »
Hi hhkbp2,

Have you evaluated the possibility of running this buy with the new SA-P tooling from SP?

I'm afraid I don't know much about SA-P tooling, and haven't evaluated the possibility to use it. Seeing this short intro, I guess it's not ready/suitable for this project. I thought about the other options like DSA, or dye-sub when I started this project at the beginning, but at the end of the day I concluded that double shot ABS SA from SP is the best for this design.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #264 on: Sun, 05 August 2018, 15:53:55 »
Hi hhkbp2,

Dye sublimation is darker legends on lighter colors.  SP has no way to use a light color on darker keys ("reverse dye sublimation"requires to start with a white keycap and dye all 5 sides of the key).  SP has no current way to do this type of dye sublimation, so the currently proposed colorway would not work.

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #265 on: Sun, 05 August 2018, 17:08:44 »
Hi hhkbp2,

I'm afraid I don't know much about SA-P tooling, and haven't evaluated the possibility to use it. Seeing this short intro, I guess it's not ready/suitable for this project. I thought about the other options like DSA, or dye-sub when I started this project at the beginning, but at the end of the day I concluded that double shot ABS SA from SP is the best for this design.

Thanks for the quick response. Seems that SA-P is basically a thick PBT version of their current SA profile. But yeah, limited to sublimination. GLWGB!

Hi hhkbp2,

Dye sublimation is darker legends on lighter colors.  SP has no way to use a light color on darker keys ("reverse dye sublimation"requires to start with a white keycap and dye all 5 sides of the key).  SP has no current way to do this type of dye sublimation, so the currently proposed colorway would not work.

Understand, thanks a lot for the good info.

Offline bcbishop

« Reply #266 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 14:12:56 »
After a review to the legends, I think it's nice to merge what's present on the SC kb into a current layout by using "META" instead of "ALT". And "RUB OUT" will replace "BACKSPACE". Good idea!

Would you consider offering a regular "BACKSPACE" key as well? Having most of the modifiers in line with current keyboard legends makes the "RUB OUT" stand out in a way that I don't know that I love. (I'd probably feel differently if it was in the caps lock position, per the actual symbolics board.)

I'm definitely interested in the option of using RUB OUT as BACKSPACE, but seems a shame to have it be the only choice?

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #267 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 14:48:40 »
After a review to the legends, I think it's nice to merge what's present on the SC kb into a current layout by using "META" instead of "ALT". And "RUB OUT" will replace "BACKSPACE". Good idea!

Would you consider offering a regular "BACKSPACE" key as well? Having most of the modifiers in line with current keyboard legends makes the "RUB OUT" stand out in a way that I don't know that I love. (I'd probably feel differently if it was in the caps lock position, per the actual symbolics board.)

I'm definitely interested in the option of using RUB OUT as BACKSPACE, but seems a shame to have it be the only choice?

The problem with "RUB OUT" in "CAPS LOCK" position, IMO, are 1. the meaning doesn't fit, since just very few people would actually use this key as "RUB OUT" indeed today; 2. then there is a duplicated "BACKSPACE"(Space-Cadet keyboard doesn't have "BACKSPACE", so it doesn't have such problem).

It will become a cost issue, if more choices are provided. You know "BACKSPACE"(so was "RUBOUT" as currently it's) exists in the Modifiers kit as 2u, Non-standard kit as 1u, 1.5u, Numpad kit as 1u, and 40s kit, planck it and so on. They should use the same legend for consistency. If we decide to add a "BACKSPACE" besides "RUBOUT", it adds the cost of many keycaps into all kits, which IMO is not worthy.

It's similar situation for other replacements, e.g. replacing "ALT" with "META"(which is rarer in current keysets/keyboards IMO. Really a hard choice to made). The best act is to just have one version. We could usually rollback to the previous version to provide only normal legends "BACKSPACE" and "ALT". But do we have a good way to absorb the old legends into modern keyboard layouts? Or do you think it's the best to have all normal legends. Plus one R3 1.75u "ROB OUT" in the Modifiers kit?
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 August 2018, 14:58:47 by hhkbp2 »

Offline quaddepos

« Reply #268 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 14:50:22 »
Quick question; Just saw this here, will it be row 3 again or sculpt?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #269 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 14:56:58 »

The answer is both. You should read the first thread post before asking this question.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 August 2018, 14:59:58 by hhkbp2 »

Offline quaddepos

« Reply #270 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 15:00:51 »

The answer is both. You should read the thread post before asking this question.

Sorry i should indeed, Tapatalk does render the images on the bottom.

Would you he up for adding Row2 2u backspace for Pearl support?

Offline bcbishop

« Reply #271 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 15:28:43 »

The problem with "RUB OUT" in "CAPS LOCK" position, IMO, are 1. the meaning doesn't fit, since just very few people would actually use this key as "RUB OUT" indeed today; 2. then there is a duplicated "BACKSPACE"(Space-Cadet keyboard doesn't have "BACKSPACE", so it doesn't have such problem).

It will become a cost issue, if more choices are provided. You know "BACKSPACE"(so was "RUBOUT" as currently it's) exists in the Modifiers kit as 2u, Non-standard kit as 1u, 1.5u, Numpad kit as 1u, and 40s kit, planck it and so on. They should use the same legend for consistency. If we decide to add a "BACKSPACE" besides "RUBOUT", it adds the cost of many keycaps into all kits, which IMO is not worthy.

It's similar situation for other replacements, e.g. replacing "ALT" with "META"(which is rarer in current keysets/keyboards IMO. Really a hard choice to made). The best act is to just have one version. We could usually rollback to the previous version to provide only normal legends "BACKSPACE" and "ALT". But do we have a good way to absorb the old legends into modern keyboard layouts? Or do you think it's the best for you to have all normal legends. Plus one R3 1.75u "ROB OUT" in the Modifiers kit?

First off, thank you for being so thoughtful with all the elements of this! Obviously whatever the community likes best should win out. Speaking for just myself personally, I really like the way the kits are currently laid out. I've grown used to swapping in one legend for ALT, or vice versa, so that all makes a ton of sense to me. What I'm bumping on is the idea of using this keyset on a 60/65%. As laid out, all of the modifier legends would be standard (or common enough subs, in the case of Meta for Alt). The one standout would be that R1 RUB OUT.

On a full-size keyboard, or if someone had a numpad hooked up alongside their normal board, it wouldn't be an issue because you'd then have "rub out" in two different locations — it would feel more like an intentional, cohesive choice. The only scenario it would bump me would be in that 60/65 scenario. All of which is my way of saying that I'm not suggesting you roll back the RUB OUT inclusion across all kits. My particular aesthetic concern would be solved with just the addition of an R1 2u BACKSPACE to the standard Modifiers kit, for any 60/65 users that wanted that layout to feel as cohesive as possible. :-)

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #272 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 15:29:59 »

The answer is both. You should read the thread post before asking this question.

No problem. I wish everyone would read the post in details and give feedback if necessary on anything, like layout/legends, etc.

I don't know much of Pearl, actually I'm not even a 40s user. Could you give more info for it, especially the layout with key profiles and sizes. I will look into this.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 16:58:02 »

First off, thank you for being so thoughtful with all the elements of this! Obviously whatever the community likes best should win out. Speaking for just myself personally, I really like the way the kits are currently laid out. I've grown used to swapping in one legend for ALT, or vice versa, so that all makes a ton of sense to me. What I'm bumping on is the idea of using this keyset on a 60/65%. As laid out, all of the modifier legends would be standard (or common enough subs, in the case of Meta for Alt). The one standout would be that R1 RUB OUT.

On a full-size keyboard, or if someone had a numpad hooked up alongside their normal board, it wouldn't be an issue because you'd then have "rub out" in two different locations — it would feel more like an intentional, cohesive choice. The only scenario it would bump me would be in that 60/65 scenario. All of which is my way of saying that I'm not suggesting you roll back the RUB OUT inclusion across all kits. My particular aesthetic concern would be solved with just the addition of an R1 2u BACKSPACE to the standard Modifiers kit, for any 60/65 users that wanted that layout to feel as cohesive as possible. :-)

So you would like to put "RUB OUT" in a 104 keyboard but just want "BACKSPACE" in a 60 keyboard? I'm afraid the I don't understand what wrong with "RUB OUT" in 60/65. Personally I don't think "RUB OUT" is not cohesive.  ;D

If "standard" legends are what you are suggesting, I could understand, because not all prefer to the Space-Cadet legends. And the "standard" legends precisely include "ALT", "BACKSPACE". It leads to the solution that I mentioned previously: all normal legends("ALT", "BACKSPACE") plus one 1.75u r3 "RUB OUT".

I guess just very few people would like to use different legends on the backspace key when they switch to different layouts. It doesn't make much sense to provide two legends. So almost all keyset designs just come with one legend on this key. I think we go either way: normal legends("BACKSPACE", "ALT"), Space-Cadet legends("RUB OUT", "META"), it's just a preference choice. But not both.

Current layout has other control keys(for example, "HYPER"), as Space-Cadet keyboard has. In either way you should be free to swap all "ALT" with some others.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 August 2018, 17:02:45 by hhkbp2 »

Offline bcbishop

« Reply #274 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 17:41:58 »
So you would like to put "RUB OUT" in a 104 keyboard but just want "BACKSPACE" in a 60 keyboard? I'm afraid the I don't understand what wrong with "RUB OUT" in 60/65. Personally I don't think "RUB OUT" is not cohesive.  ;D

If "standard" legends are what you are suggesting, I could understand, because not all prefer to the Space-Cadet legends. And the "standard" legends precisely include "ALT", "BACKSPACE". It leads to the solution that I mentioned previously: all normal legends("ALT", "BACKSPACE") plus one 1.75u r3 "RUB OUT".

May sound crazy, but yeah -- the one-off RUB OUT for backspace on a 60/65 seems a little random to me. There's no context without any other matching keys. Would be like having a Godspeed set with regular legends on a 60/65, and then "CUTOFF" as the only option for backspace. A totally valid stylistic choice for an end user to make, but would prefer it be that — a choice for the user — rather than the only option available in the entire set. (Bottom row legends don't bother me nearly as much as my hands are always covering them up when I'm typing, so personally I'd be fine with either ALT, or META, etc. -- but everyone's got their personal preferences there, too. Hence my reluctance to suggest going to standard legends across the board.)

In any case, thanks for talking this one out!  :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 August 2018, 18:10:44 by bcbishop »

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #275 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 20:13:53 »

May sound crazy, but yeah -- the one-off RUB OUT for backspace on a 60/65 seems a little random to me. There's no context without any other matching keys. Would be like having a Godspeed set with regular legends on a 60/65, and then "CUTOFF" as the only option for backspace. A totally valid stylistic choice for an end user to make, but would prefer it be that — a choice for the user — rather than the only option available in the entire set. (Bottom row legends don't bother me nearly as much as my hands are always covering them up when I'm typing, so personally I'd be fine with either ALT, or META, etc. -- but everyone's got their personal preferences there, too. Hence my reluctance to suggest going to standard legends across the board.)

In any case, thanks for talking this one out!  :)

Got it. That makes sense, not crazy at all. Previously it has two sets of Modifiers, like what's in Godspeed: one only contains standard legends, with "BACKSPACE"; and the other contains Space-Cadet legends, with "RUB OUT", "NETWORK", etc. But later only the standard Modifiers kit is left to simplify the kits. And then I tried to take in "RUB OUT" for the standard Modifiers, in a way that I though worthy a try. It led to the current layout.

Thank you for your feedback! It's a good point. I will rethink about the way to turn to standard legends.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #276 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 12:09:15 »

Hence my reluctance to suggest going to standard legends across the board.

The layout pictures have been updated to the style of standard legends in the first thread post. Please let me know if you have any other feedback.

Offline bcbishop

« Reply #277 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 13:13:25 »
The layout pictures have been updated to the style of standard legends in the first thread post. Please let me know if you have any other feedback.

I won't lie -- I LOVE the options this offers! Hope others feel the same, and thank you for being so open to discussion! I imagine I'll be using that stepped RUB OUT for capslock myself!  :D

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #278 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 16:11:16 »
Let's get this beauty in the GB page.

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #279 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 01:45:41 »

No problem. I wish everyone would read the post in details and give feedback if necessary on anything, like layout/legends, etc.

I don't know much of Pearl, actually I'm not even a 40s user. Could you give more info for it, especially the layout with key profiles and sizes. I will look into this.

The 40s Kit lacks an R2 backspace key to support one of the Pearl's layout which has a 2u Backspace. Since the backspace key is on the same row as QWERTY, the 40s kit should have an R2 2u Backspace key to accommodate the layout, shown here:

* Screen_Shot_2017-10-15_at_4.23.54_PM.png (200.81 kB. 2605x931 - viewed 198 times.)

No one seems to be willing to do it because it needs a new mold but if you can make it happen future keycap sets can include this option and every Pearl user will be happy.
b o a r d s

Offline quaddepos

« Reply #280 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 01:52:45 »

The 40s Kit lacks an R2 backspace key to support one of the Pearl's layout which has a 2u Backspace. Since the backspace key is on the same row as QWERTY, the 40s kit should have an R2 2u Backspace key to accommodate the layout, shown here:

(Attachment Link)

No one seems to be willing to do it because it needs a new mold but if you can make it happen future keycap sets can include this option and every Pearl user will be happy.

Im pretty sure there was a plan to make it https://i.imgur.com/WvXuV2i.jpg But it didnt make it sadly! Start the trend! this set would be so good on a Pearl!

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 06:21:28 »
(Attachment Link)

Im pretty sure there was a plan to make it https://i.imgur.com/WvXuV2i.jpg But it didnt make it sadly! Start the trend! this set would be so good on a Pearl!

Looking at the Pearl layout, these keycaps are needed to add for a perfect full coverage: R2 2u BACKSPACE, R3 1.5u TAB, R4 2.25u SHIFT. I'm afraid it will increase the price by $10 more at MOQ 50, which will be too pricy. I guess price is the reason why SA BY THE SEA removed some keycaps in its second attempt in GB. But it still didn't make it to production. We could understand why most SA keysets don't include them.

In this case I prefer not to add them. Since we have a flat CADR kit this time, I think maybe you guys could consider buying it(pay more but get more keycaps for even 60 or 87 keyboards) to make a good coverage. How would you like that? You know in such a small keyboard, the sculpted curve doesn't make that much difference comparing to the flat version.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 August 2018, 06:23:53 by hhkbp2 »

Offline bcbishop

« Reply #282 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 08:54:51 »
One more thought hhkbp2 — would do you think about adding a R4 “IV” key (with black legend) to the Choices kit?

I plan on using this on a CA66, and it would be awesome to have a series of I / II / III / IV keys on the far-right column that match the sculpting profile of the rest of the board, instead of a Home/End/PgUp/PgDn/etc combo. That board is obviously pretty niche, but I can think of several 65/68/+ boards that have similar layouts where that kind of option would be desireable.

R1 “I”, R2 “II”, and R3 “III” are already included, so it would just take that last key to pull it off!

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #283 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 10:06:54 »
One more thought hhkbp2 — would do you think about adding a R4 “IV” key (with black legend) to the Choices kit?

I plan on using this on a CA66, and it would be awesome to have a series of I / II / III / IV keys on the far-right column that match the sculpting profile of the rest of the board, instead of a Home/End/PgUp/PgDn/etc combo. That board is obviously pretty niche, but I can think of several 65/68/+ boards that have similar layouts where that kind of option would be desireable.

R1 “I”, R2 “II”, and R3 “III” are already included, so it would just take that last key to pull it off!

It should do the job by changing current R4 "III" to "IV". Since it's not necessary take "III" as "UP". What do you think of that?

-----------------

I think this should work to match both legend and color:

201618-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 August 2018, 10:34:41 by hhkbp2 »

Offline bcbishop

« Reply #284 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 13:40:39 »
Love it! Thanks, hhkbp2!

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #285 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 03:18:39 »
When playing around these Space-Cadet keyboard legends, I think we should add a kit like this:

201775-0

to provide Space-Cadet keyboard specified legends for all layouts.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 August 2018, 03:20:30 by hhkbp2 »

Offline Taques

« Reply #286 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 09:23:55 »

It should do the job by changing current R4 "III" to "IV". Since it's not necessary take "III" as "UP". What do you think of that?

-----------------

I think this should work to match both legend and color:

(Attachment Link)

Very nice, that will look so sharp on the CA66!

Offline befbef

« Reply #287 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 09:34:43 »
What CA66 color will you take?

Offline Taques

« Reply #288 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 14:12:05 »

I really want the black one, but with R2 starting next week I probably won’t be able to afford it after buying GMK Space Cadet and the Input Club Kira :(

Offline online

« Reply #289 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 14:59:39 »

I really want the black one, but with R2 starting next week I probably won’t be able to afford it after buying GMK Space Cadet and the Input Club Kira :(
IMO, CA66 > Kira
 :))

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #290 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 19:29:04 »
Just playing about Colemak and Dvorak layout this weekend. Because we have to reuse the legends of Alphas kits, each alphabet character is bound with one fix APL legend no matter what layout. In Colemak or Dvorak layout, the APL legends look random, out of order. Luckily most of us don't use these APL legends any longer. I think we will live.

201804-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 August 2018, 19:33:44 by hhkbp2 »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #291 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 20:19:49 »
Just playing about Colemak and Dvorak layout this weekend. Because we have to reuse the legends of Alphas kits, each alphabet character is bound with one fix APL legend no matter what layout. In Colemak or Dvorak layout, the APL legends look random, out of order. Luckily most of us don't use these APL legends any longer. I think we will live.

(Attachment Link)

Does the same SA legend tool work for any row?  If not, I think Dvorak and Colemak layouts would look much better with APL legends in order (as close as possible).  Like the kit in Oblotzky's current GMK drop.

« Last Edit: Fri, 10 August 2018, 21:06:11 by dvorcol »

Offline stolenweapon

« Reply #292 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 20:20:58 »
nice
OTD 356CL Black | 2x OTD 356CL Gunmetal | OTD 356.2 Factory Gray Ano 1/2 | 2x OTD 356.2 Blue Grey | 2x OTD 356mini Military Green | 5x OTD 356mini Red | OTD 356mini Black | 9x OTD 360C Apple Silver | 2x OTD 360C Hyper Grey | OTD 356L | 2x OTD 356N MKII Black | OTD 456GT Pink & Black | 3x OTD 356 Pad (2x Black, 1x Military Green) | 2x OTD Koala WKL Silver & Black | OTD Koala WK Silver & Black

TGR Jane V2 Pink Prototype 1/1 | TGR Jane V2 1/2 Brushed Toblerone Weight | 8x TGR Jane V2 | 6x TGR Jane CE V2 | TGR 910RE | TGR 910 VKC | TGR Alice Purple 1/5 | TGR Alice Red | TGR-03 | TGR Tris

LZ-SE | 3x LZ-RE | LZ-CP | LZ-MP SE

Keycult No.2 Stainless Steel | 2x KMAC Happy | 2x DK Saver MX & Alps

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #293 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 05:22:09 »

Does the same SA legend tool work for any row?  If not, I think Dvorak and Colemak layouts would look much better with APL legends in order (as close as possible).  Like the kit in Oblotzky's current GMK drop.

Yep, SP could do different profile for one legend. It will cost a lot if we create new legends just for the APL legends to be in order, which will raise the price so much that it's hard to reach MOQ.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 August 2018, 06:20:41 by hhkbp2 »

Offline Taques

« Reply #294 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 01:25:22 »

IMO, CA66 > Kira
 :))

Agreed 100%. The CA66 would probably be my endgame board... it is a tough decision but I would hate to miss out since it is the final round. Then it would be hard to choose between a black (for SA Pulse and GMK Laser) or grey case (for SA Carbon and SA Symbiosis).

One thing is for certain though, sign me up for CADR, Spacebars, Cadet, and Choices! Or with any luck a bunch of CADR buyers will start clamoring for an R3 choices kit ;) (hey, a guy can hope!). So excited  :D

Offline t8c

« Reply #295 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 04:11:33 »
When playing around these Space-Cadet keyboard legends, I think we should add a kit like this:

(Attachment Link)

to provide Space-Cadet keyboard specified legends for all layouts.
Very cool! Thanks!

Offline eas

« Reply #296 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 11:42:33 »
I would love a couple CADR kits

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #297 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 23:56:23 »

Agreed 100%. The CA66 would probably be my endgame board... it is a tough decision but I would hate to miss out since it is the final round. Then it would be hard to choose between a black (for SA Pulse and GMK Laser) or grey case (for SA Carbon and SA Symbiosis).

One thing is for certain though, sign me up for CADR, Spacebars, Cadet, and Choices! Or with any luck a bunch of CADR buyers will start clamoring for an R3 choices kit ;) (hey, a guy can hope!). So excited  :D

It's out of the topic for this thread, but CA66 also caught my eyes. I was tinkering the idea to make a keyboard kit to bring back one of  Symbolics keyboards, I found CA66 when doing research. Its case has round front and back, straight sides just like Space-Cadet keyboard case(and many IBM old school keyboards' cases). Maybe I would get a CA66 in white color to match the coming Symbiosis keyset, since the Space-Cadet keyboard has a white case.  ;D
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 August 2018, 08:28:43 by hhkbp2 »

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #298 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 18:11:19 »
This might have been brought up already but can we please have eu proxy for this set? Btw, love your hard work hhkbp2 <3

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #299 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 23:42:06 »
This might have been brought up already but can we please have eu proxy for this set? Btw, love your hard work hhkbp2 <3

Thanks! Will try to get the proxy.