Author Topic: QFR Unbranded? QFR Customization?  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Narcix

QFR Unbranded? QFR Customization?
« on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 09:05:39 »
Heya, I'm still looking for a qfr to replace my qfire pro, and while searching on ebay i found an unbranded one with blues for about 85€ shipping included. But I'd also like to customize it: nothing to fancy, just some nice keycaps...problem is that i dont know which ones are compatible with that keyboard, and i wouldnt like to buy stuff i cant use....also, is there any eu website that sells keycaps or i have to rely on us ones? thanks in advance
Keycool 87 Grey PBT with mx blues

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: QFR Unbranded? QFR Customization?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 10:26:40 »
QFR has a very standard layout. Most sets out there should fit. If you have any specific sets you're concerned for you can ask here.

As for EU suppliers I have no idea.
I love Elzy

Offline Narcix

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 10:40:02 »
QFR has a very standard layout. Most sets out there should fit. If you have any specific sets you're concerned for you can ask here.

As for EU suppliers I have no idea.
1 more question: are qfr leds bright? i'd like to put a transparent/backlit key on the scroll lock button, but i dont know if leds are bright enough to light it up....the ones on the qfire pro are almost invisible
Keycool 87 Grey PBT with mx blues

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 10:48:48 »
They're pretty bright.
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 17:00:51 »
Have a look here for our list of keycap vendors.

There are a few in the UK.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ