geekhack Community > Input Devices

[Modding] CH Products Trackball PRO - BUSMOUSE to USB (Completed)

<< < (2/5) > >>

GuilleAcoustic:

--- Quote from: meow a cat on Sat, 16 May 2015, 03:49:33 ---Nice project! I'm jealous, I love CH gear. I use their stuff exclusively for flight simming. Really well made stuff!

I'd love to own a CH trackball, but they're hard to find, and when they do come up they're expensive. The programming software is amazing though!

--- End quote ---

Thanks a lot. This trackball didn't cost me too much, $60 delivered from the US to France, which is great considering it was in Mint condition. The DT225 is more expensive and doesn't pop-up that often.

It's a real pleasure to use this trackball. It certainly doesn't have an high Dpi sensor, but it works well even with two 1280x1024 screens.

meow a cat:

--- Quote from: GuilleAcoustic on Thu, 21 May 2015, 02:11:21 ---
--- Quote from: meow a cat on Sat, 16 May 2015, 03:49:33 ---Nice project! I'm jealous, I love CH gear. I use their stuff exclusively for flight simming. Really well made stuff!

I'd love to own a CH trackball, but they're hard to find, and when they do come up they're expensive. The programming software is amazing though!

--- End quote ---

Thanks a lot. This trackball didn't cost me too much, $60 delivered from the US to France, which is great considering it was in Mint condition. The DT225 is more expensive and doesn't pop-up that often.

It's a real pleasure to use this trackball. It certainly doesn't have an high Dpi sensor, but it works well even with two 1280x1024 screens.

--- End quote ---

Ah, I didn't look carefully enough; I thought this was the DT225. That's the one I have my eyes on. You did get a good price, especially with the international shipping! Great project.

Their stuff really does last forever, I have a Flightstick Pro and a yoke from sometime in the 90s. They still work fine (almost as good as new!), once I used a gameport to USB adapter. I also have some of their new stuff (Fighterstick, Pro Pedals, Pro Throttle) and it still has the same great quality. It's a shame all of their stuff is tough to get outside of the US. I live in Canada, and still had a tough time finding their gear.

GuilleAcoustic:
From what I understand, the DT225 and the Trackball Pro are the same. CH Products rebadged the Pro into DT225 for the OEM when they discontinued the trackball activity for the end users.

One thing for sure, this trackball could sustain a nuclear war lol.

VoteForDavid:

Congratulations.  This is quite a feat.

CPTBadAss:
Damn....DAMN. This is really really cool. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I always wondered if you could convert old trackballs to USB :D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version