Author Topic: Need help fixing dz60-rgb-ansi-v2  (Read 3259 times)

Offline TheNandoo

Need help fixing dz60-rgb-ansi-v2
« on: Fri, 31 December 2021, 12:27:16 »
Hello, I have recently built a tofu60, but I think I have deleted the programming off of the dz60 pcb.

I was trying to flash  a qmk keymap onto my keyboard, but it said that there wasn't enough space on my disc, so I went onto the disc (I think the dz60, I'm really bad with computers so I'm not sure) and made a copy of what was on the disc. I then deleted everything on the disc, thinking it was safe as I had made a copy and now it doesn't work or connect to the computer.

Can I get this to work again or do I need a whole new pcb?

any help is great thanks.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Need help fixing dz60-rgb-ansi-v2
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 31 December 2021, 13:43:27 »
The PCB is fine but your lack of knowledge makes it hard to know what went wrong to advise how to fix it.  For starters what firmware were you trying to flash and what were you using to flash it?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline TheNandoo

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 05 January 2022, 10:24:13 »
Hey, sorry it took so long to reply.

I was using qmk firmware and I was using qmk toolbox to flash it onto my keyboard.

Not sure if this is what you meant but I hope it helps.

Thanks for replying

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 05 January 2022, 11:54:44 »
It's your board, if you're in no rush nor am I :)

The only way to "delete" something from a keyboard running QMK would be to issue an "erase" command and I don't see that option in QMK toolbox.  You could easily flash the wrong firmware which will "work" but it wont type anything as it's not configured correctly.

The DZ60 uses the atmega32u4 so whatever state the board is in you should be able to select that and your hex file (I've attached the default which should be good enough for testing if there's any doubt about the file you have) then press the button on the back of the PCB and press "flash".  If you get an error please post it as it might say something meaningful, if it says "success" you need to unplug and re-plug the USB to make the chip restart running the new firmware and it should work.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline TheNandoo

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 06 January 2022, 05:30:46 »
Thanks for the reply,

I have done what you said, however I had to use dz60-rgb-ansi-v1, as qmk toolbox said "Only firmware files in .bin format can be flashed with this bootloader!", I then flashed it but I was met with "IO ERROR: “dztech_dz60rgb_ansi_v1_default_4485B0B4.bin” couldn’t be copied to “KBDFANS  ”, but it still said complete after this message, however I still can't type anything. I am currently using Mac so I don't know if this effects anything, if it does I should be able to use a windows computer in a couple days time.

Offline TheNandoo

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 06 January 2022, 05:42:40 »
Forgot to say this in my other reply, but qmk and my laptop recognise when I disconnect my keyboard, however they don't seem to recognise it connecting again until I press the reset button on the pcb.