Author Topic: [IC] SA Jadeite (GB: Sept 14 - Oct 16)  (Read 39668 times)

Offline tinyumbrella

Re: [IC] SA Jadeite
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 16:21:26 »
Include international/Nordic with Ð and Þ, and I would be more than just interested.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 17:22:25 »
Include international/Nordic with Ð and Þ, and I would be more than just interested.

i have bingo
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 12:33:17 »
International kit unlikely.
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline fluxlab

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 19:01:05 »
Beautiful set!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 01:04:36 »
Not sure if it’s intentional, but the KBDFans hyperlink 404s now.

Offline Hellenic94

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 15:54:33 »
Not sure if it’s intentional, but the KBDFans hyperlink 404s now.

Yeah saw that too.

Offline adamdehaven

• Adam DeHaven | UX Designer & Developer
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 18:45:41 »
Did I miss something? The KBDfans link appears to no longer be live?

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 12:23:28 »
I was going to come back with a major update before anyone noticed that the KBDFans IC was no longer present so I guess I will provide a minor update.

The quotes we received from Maxkey were unreasonable. Unreasonable being the cost of the alphas kit, which would have (in return) caused prices to be higher for any layout for you. We know it was unreasonable because we also asked SP to run a quote on the exact same kits and the pricing for the alphas kit was significantly less.

We are moving to switch to SP SA and are reorganizing our kits to better suit SP SA. Some kits may be removed, sadly, since the cost may be too high for certain individuals in those categories (IE: Ergodox kit).

Again, we are still weighting our options on kits, but we will be back with more news are we finish things up (new kitting, vendors, etc.).

Thank you.
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 12:33:03 »
I was going to come back with a major update before anyone noticed that the KBDFans IC was no longer present so I guess I will provide a minor update.

The quotes we received from Maxkey were unreasonable. Unreasonable being the cost of the alphas kit, which would have (in return) caused prices to be higher for any layout for you. We know it was unreasonable because we also asked SP to run a quote on the exact same kits and the pricing for the alphas kit was significantly less.

We are moving to switch to SP SA and are reorganizing our kits to better suit SP SA. Some kits may be removed, sadly, since the cost may be too high for certain individuals in those categories (IE: Ergodox kit).

Again, we are still weighting our options on kits, but we will be back with more news are we finish things up (new kitting, vendors, etc.).

Thank you.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate :(

This is still an exciting update though! I look forward to the re-org and future updates you have to share!  :thumb:

Offline riterdando

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 17:13:13 »
I hope for the ErgoDox kit, that was my interest in this GB.
Hopefully things can be sorted out.

Offline amperrsand

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 22:17:13 »
But I gotta say the cabbage novelty looks like grandpa's wrinkly ****. The source material is stunning, but I don't think it translates.

lol this

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 12:32:03 »
But I gotta say the cabbage novelty looks like grandpa's wrinkly ****. The source material is stunning, but I don't think it translates.

lol this
It's hard to turn a multicolor cabbage into a one color cabbage, we'll see what we can do about that

Offline pedroz

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 23:43:23 »
What’s the ETA on this group buy? I am super excited for this gradient

Offline Kings

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 23:55:42 »
What’s the ETA on this group buy? I am super excited for this gradient

Same. Can't wait for this.

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 13:13:33 »
All vendors announced
GB month chosen, dates TBD
Pricing TBD
New kitting up
Waiting on revised keyboard renders (some keys are different between SP and Maxkey)

If anyone missed the reasoning why we moved away from Maxkey, it is because the quote we received back were awful. The cost of alphas + anything you would need to fill out a board would have been equal to SP SA pricing.

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
Re: [IC] SA Jadeite (GB: September 2020)
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 16:21:29 »
Exciting! Looking forward to this set! Is it going to be PBT? Is see that the color swatches you have are SA PBT. I missed that if so (and colour me interested, as I haven't had a chance to try SA-P yet)!

I had a note about the Ortho/40s kit too -- the default Planck layout has an R4 enter (since the key at the end of R3 is usually the ' " key), but this kit only has the R3 enter. I might grab the kit depending on pricing, and it seems an odd omisson, especially with all of the different configurations of Tab and Esc available.

I was also surprised to see both "Return" and "Enter" -- the ANSI key is Return but the ISO one is Enter, and the Ortho/40s kit has both an Enter and a Return of different sizes. Is this deliberate?

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 18:14:02 »
Exciting! Looking forward to this set! Is it going to be PBT? Is see that the color swatches you have are SA PBT. I missed that if so (and colour me interested, as I haven't had a chance to try SA-P yet)!

I had a note about the Ortho/40s kit too -- the default Planck layout has an R4 enter (since the key at the end of R3 is usually the ' " key), but this kit only has the R3 enter. I might grab the kit depending on pricing, and it seems an odd omisson, especially with all of the different configurations of Tab and Esc available.

I was also surprised to see both "Return" and "Enter" -- the ANSI key is Return but the ISO one is Enter, and the Ortho/40s kit has both an Enter and a Return of different sizes. Is this deliberate?
It's going to be ABS, but chose to use PBT colors since they worked the best in terms of standard colors we could use (no color matching required, SP already said they could color match PBT colors).

I will look into the R4 enter, the Return and Enter in different sizes is deliberate (40% uses a weird mix of sizes for that key) and the use of Enter vs Return is just for looks (they perform the same function; however, they're 1 character different).

Edit: Return vs Enter = based off of preexisting molds we have seen out in the wild.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 July 2020, 18:19:17 by HoodrowThrillson »

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 18:57:06 »
Thanks for clarifying!

Weird, I guess I never noticed the Return vs. Enter thing on my other caps! I think the other SA sets I've gotten are pretty consistently "Return", but now that I check I see at least one has something weird going on where the renders say Return and the kit diagrams say Enter on the same ANSI key :))

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 19:19:38 »
Thanks for clarifying!

Weird, I guess I never noticed the Return vs. Enter thing on my other caps! I think the other SA sets I've gotten are pretty consistently "Return", but now that I check I see at least one has something weird going on where the renders say Return and the kit diagrams say Enter on the same ANSI key :))
Renders are being redone because there are some differences between Maxkey and SP molds.

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 22:05:31 »
Thanks for clarifying!

Renders are being redone because there are some differences between Maxkey and SP molds.

Oh sorry, I wasn't commenting on your renders! I was talking about weird renders from another different set lol.
And I figured these were going to change, since they still have the distinctive Maxkey arrows :)

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 08:01:45 »
Thanks for clarifying!

Oh sorry, I wasn't commenting on your renders! I was talking about weird renders from another different set lol.
And I figured these were going to change, since they still have the distinctive Maxkey arrows :)
SP SA has molds for arrows (and we like them better than the words so we're going with them)
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 July 2020, 08:55:09 by HoodrowThrillson »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 19:00:17 »
Thoughts on new kitting:
  • Looks good overall. It's obvious that some thought has gone into it.
  • Not sure how useful a 1.75u LShift (green) would be; probably not very much. Is this key supposed to be 2u?
  • R1 PgDn and End can be moved to the Numpad kit. See below for details.
  • Spacebars: It'd be nice to have a 1u spacekey in here as well.
  • 40s: Typo in R3 1.25u white Ctrl legend.
  • 40s: Is R3 1.5u Win instead of Super intended? Is it supposed to double as a 1.5u Ctrl key? If so, maybe Code would be more appropriate?
  • 40s: A 6.25u spacebar might be a worthwhile inclusion.
  • 40s: Perhaps two 1.5u spacekeys might be more useful than two 1.25u spacekeys? (for Atreus, Lily, Crkbd etc.)

Re R1 PgDn, End: If you recall, at the start of the IC I suggested moving these keys from Extension to Numpad. In this post you made a good point that those keys were better suited for Extension. However, since the Extension kit is no longer around, I now claim that these keys would be better in the Numpad kit instead of Mods so that people who don't use numpads don't need to pay for them (again, they are only used on boards that have numpads: 1800/CP/96-key).
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 July 2020, 19:13:15 by konstantin »

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 08:29:52 »
Thoughts on new kitting:
  • Looks good overall. It's obvious that some thought has gone into it.
  • Not sure how useful a 1.75u LShift (green) would be; probably not very much. Is this key supposed to be 2u?
  • R1 PgDn and End can be moved to the Numpad kit. See below for details.
  • Spacebars: It'd be nice to have a 1u spacekey in here as well.
  • 40s: Typo in R3 1.25u white Ctrl legend.
  • 40s: Is R3 1.5u Win instead of Super intended? Is it supposed to double as a 1.5u Ctrl key? If so, maybe Code would be more appropriate?
  • 40s: A 6.25u spacebar might be a worthwhile inclusion.
  • 40s: Perhaps two 1.5u spacekeys might be more useful than two 1.25u spacekeys? (for Atreus, Lily, Crkbd etc.)

Re R1 PgDn, End: If you recall, at the start of the IC I suggested moving these keys from Extension to Numpad. In this post you made a good point that those keys were better suited for Extension. However, since the Extension kit is no longer around, I now claim that these keys would be better in the Numpad kit instead of Mods so that people who don't use numpads don't need to pay for them (again, they are only used on boards that have numpads: 1800/CP/96-key).
  • 1.75U LShift is being swapped to 2U
  • R1 PgDn and End is being moved to numpad, since if people are using an 1800, they'd need to pick up a numpad.
  • Typo being fixed.
  • 40s kit keys being fixed (Win to super, 2 1.5U)
  • There is a 6.25u spacebar in the Alphas kit, which they will need to pick up regardless.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 17:22:57 »
  • 1.75U LShift is being swapped to 2U
  • R1 PgDn and End is being moved to numpad, since if people are using an 1800, they'd need to pick up a numpad.
  • Typo being fixed.
  • 40s kit keys being fixed (Win to super, 2 1.5U)
:thumb:

• There is a 6.25u spacebar in the Alphas kit, which they will need to pick up regardless.
Yep, you're totally right, I overlooked that. Thanks for the sanity check.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 July 2020, 18:10:57 by konstantin »

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 12:43:15 »
SA Jadeite
Signature Plastics SA

Collaboration between HoodrowThrillson and OneCreativeMind
Interest Check here

GB Date: September 2020

Show Image

RAMA WORKS U80A + SA Jadeite Alphas and Modifers

What is Jadeite?
Jadeite is one of the two mineral species that fall under the classification of jade (the other one is called nephrite).

And the theme?
This past winter, I had the opportunity to travel to Taiwan with my S/O as well as my Taiwanese friend and his S/O. During that time, I got to experience all there was to do in Taiwan. One of the most memorable places we got to go to was the National Palace Museum. I was fortunate enough to see the Jade Cabbage, which this set is based off of. Yes I did IC KAM Jade but this set will probably replace that.

The image I took of the Jade Cabbage is below.

Show Image

Colors

Signature Plastics PBT Colors
Show Image

From left to right: VS, VAZ, VCB, WAN

Vendors? Pricing?

NA: Novelkeys
EU: Mykeyboard
Asia: Monokei
OCE: Daily Clack

Alphas: $xx
Modifiers: $xx
Numpad: $xx
ISO: $xx
40s + Ortho: $xx
Spacebars: $xx
Treasures: $xx

Kits?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Renders
As always, done by Abec13

U80A
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Think 6.5
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Neuron
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 14:26:49 »
this is berry nice

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 15:05:45 »
this is berry nice
I clearly ****ed something up  :))

OP has been updated with new kitting, updated renders.

We will be using selectric arrows because OCM and I like them better than triangles or words.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 15:15:27 »
Updated kitting looks good ;) And arrows are nice.

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 20:13:27 »
Will indeed be on the lookout for this GB. Love the design, the medium green and light green on the modifiers/alphas could have one more row of keys each shaded, but other than that, love it.

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 11:10:04 »
Do i need another green SA set ? maybe not. But that one is looking so good, i dont think i can resist.

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 12:43:42 »
Do i need another green SA set ? maybe not. But that one is looking so good, i dont think i can resist.

Yes, the answer is yes you need another one ;)

Offline Billizard

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 03:26:09 »
I am in

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 17:01:55 »
Stoked for this.
Has an actual date been announced or are we still at 'sometime in september?'

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 17:03:52 »
Stoked for this.
Has an actual date been announced or are we still at 'sometime in september?'
Waiting for a few more things before I do one last update before GB.

Offline NoxNoxNox

Re: [IC] SA Jadeite (GB: Sept 14 - Oct 16)
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 17:13:27 »
I just saw that this is now SP.  Big hype train!

Offline fail

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 12:25:59 »
currently divided between this and KAT Iron. may i request a render on an e-white/white keyboard?

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 10:54:24 »
The Final Update.

GB date - set
Pricing - set
Kits - set
Vendors - set (I added a CA vendor because people wanted it)

We're all clear skies till GB launches.

Offline MIXO Cables

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 22:59:08 »
this is looking good, gonna cop this tmr