Author Topic: [IC] GMK Wavez GB IS LIVE !!  (Read 128268 times)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [IC] GMK Wavez HUGE update : 10/31/2018
« Reply #350 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 15:38:29 »
For all of you guys that are thristy of updates (sorry I’m trying to do things as best as I can so It’s long) the numpad will be split, sorry for the lack of updates I’m comming asap with a bunch of news !

Real thirsty and hungry.
Let's get this dropped!

Offline godinjointform

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #351 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 23:33:47 »
Was keen on joining the buy for this set earlier on, but will probably skip based on how things were handled with Leviathan and massdrop.

Offline prototype26

« Reply #352 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 00:00:46 »
After all that outrage and calling dibs if you're not going to do GB for SA profile of this in the near future, you know what people will think of you.  ;D

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #353 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 00:10:06 »
For all of you guys that are thristy of updates (sorry I’m trying to do things as best as I can so It’s long) the numpad will be split, sorry for the lack of updates I’m comming asap with a bunch of news !

Ooof! Thats great news! :thumb:

Offline leexy

« Reply #354 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 09:37:54 »
tbh just in for the RAMA Wavez GID(?) cap

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #355 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 09:56:06 »
So this isn't happening on Massdrop???
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline ddnomad

« Reply #356 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 10:43:13 »
So this isn't happening on Massdrop???

Dono, Massdrop poll went pretty well I recon

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype
« Reply #357 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 11:08:47 »
Boycotting a set because of something one person said affects a lot more people than that one person. Please don’t make rash decisions because everyone else is. Enjoy will not be “running the groupbuy”, but rather just designed it. After that, the project will be handed over to many others to handle all the logistics and labor work to actually make the set happen. Those are the people you will be  affecting.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 February 2019, 11:16:54 by GarrettSucks »

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #358 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 11:18:18 »
Boycotting a set because of something one person said affects a lot more people than that one person. Please don’t make rash decisions because everyone else is. Enjoy will not be “running the groupbuy”, but rather just designed it. After that, the project will be handed over to many others to handle all the logistics and labor work to actually make the set happen. Those are the people you will be  affecting.

So this set is running/was going to run on DixieMech?  :dafoe:

Offline hamilton

« Reply #359 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 11:56:37 »

I'm not sure the logic really makes sense here. Enjoy acted out, unwarranted and the community doesn't want to support that. No one is trying to boycott every person that has been involved with this set, but it makes sense for everyone to be skeptical of Enjoy running this groupbuy and supporting him in the community. It's unfortunate that other people may be affected by this, but that doesn't mean the rest of us have to take a risk.

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #360 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 12:48:40 »

I'm not sure the logic really makes sense here. Enjoy acted out, unwarranted and the community doesn't want to support that. No one is trying to boycott every person that has been involved with this set, but it makes sense for everyone to be skeptical of Enjoy running this groupbuy and supporting him in the community. It's unfortunate that other people may be affected by this, but that doesn't mean the rest of us have to take a risk.

What he’s saying is that Enjoy is simply the designer, the vendors are the ones who will be running the actual buy. The risk you’re taking isn’t with Enjoy, it’s with the vendors who will be running it. Aside from making color decisions, Enjoy won’t be handling your money or ensuring that you receive what you buy, the vendors handle that.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #361 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 12:56:41 »

huge agree on this one

people aren't boycotting the vendors, they're boycotting the designer

the vendors just happen to be caught in the crossfire

not our fault that they choose to work with someone that acted out and caused this reaction against themself
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline t0ch

« Reply #362 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 12:59:27 »

What he’s saying is that Enjoy is simply the designer, the vendors are the ones who will be running the actual buy. The risk you’re taking isn’t with Enjoy, it’s with the vendors who will be running it. Aside from making color decisions, Enjoy won’t be handling your money or ensuring that you receive what you buy, the vendors handle that.

And I think that some people (myself included) see that even the "simple designer's" words and actions can effect the success of a group buy. Sucks for the partners but business is business and the designer's images effects the general image of the product just as much as the vendors would.

Offline dohmain

« Reply #363 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 13:10:03 »

I don't think people are too concerned about who is running the buy/handling the money, but more about supporting a designer and their actions. When you support a designer and their keyset you are bringing their hard work and vision to life. If you are a aspiring keyset designer then I imagine that it would be a big deal to have one of your concepts actually come to life and have hundreds of people enjoy it.
In this case, Enjoy has taken away OCM's chance at realizing that goal with Leviathan and supporting Waves means you are doing so at the expense of Leviathan.

Offline hamilton

« Reply #364 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 13:15:58 »

I understand that Enjoy isn't going to be the vendor, but I don't think it makes much of a difference. Enjoy is still going to be involved in the process and that's the risk. Any number of things could happen and the rest of us would suffer.

EDIT:
Not to mention I think the main problem people have is not wanting to support the kind of behavior that Enjoy did
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 February 2019, 13:17:42 by hamilton »

Offline MrFurrior

« Reply #365 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 13:22:51 »
Oh give it a rest, are people STILL dragging this out, the original parties have both commented to say they've put it to bed, so leave it at that.

Offline cjt9000

• Beige Man
« Reply #366 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 13:58:48 »
Who's ready for some GMK Razer! :):p
B E I G E

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #367 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 14:20:48 »

It’s different supporting MD and Enjoy

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #368 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 14:32:05 »

MassDrop isn’t the vendor for this though...

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #369 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 14:32:49 »
Oh give it a rest, are people STILL dragging this out, the original parties have both commented to say they've put it to bed, so leave it at that.

Things like that don't just "go away".  The dude lashed out at another designed and totally shelved another project a lot of people were starting to gain interest in.  That's not just forgotten and moved on from.

There are consequences to your actions in life, and this is one of them.
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline prototype26

« Reply #370 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 21:20:55 »
Well, boycotting and demanding shelving of a similar keyset also affect the vendor involved, not just the designer. What about the Leviathan vendor that was going to be part of the supposed GB?

I guess this is the consequence of collabing with a whiny designer. You reap what you sow. It's a loss for you, but it's a bigger loss for those affected by SA Leviathan set in terms of vendor, designer AND potential buyers.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #371 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 23:03:18 »

Seriously, can we get this thread back on track to the actual topic of discussion? GMK Wavez. Not SA Leviathan. And not some thread on reddit. I don't know why the mods were so quick to mess around with the holy gsus threads and not this one. I'm more interested in things like cost, coverage, kits, novelties, and color-matching. This is an interest check thread about the design of a gmk set, not a biopic of the OP.

Coming in here just to complain about the designer and declare your choice to no longer participate in the group buy is borderline thread crapping.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 February 2019, 23:05:48 by fatpolomanjr »
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline BserLarry

« Reply #372 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 23:37:31 »
I agree w the above post. I really wish we could go back to discussing on this kit instead.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #373 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 23:46:32 »
I just snagged a b-stock lime green TKC1800 from thekey.company, so I'm hoping it will work with this set!

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #374 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 23:50:23 »

MassDrop isn’t the vendor for this though...

MD is just the example. Doesn’t really matter what vendor it it is. Nothing changes about that

Offline mimalik

« Reply #375 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 08:59:30 »
Folks, I think we are over reacting here. Both impacted parties have had a heart to heart. Not sure why everyone is still hung up on it. There was no guarantee that SA Leviathan would have made it in the end. Even though we may miss SA on this colour scheme, who knows in future both of these designer could collaborate for SA drop?  Lets take a step back, many of us werent even aware of the SA IC and participated in this one, lets not kaibosh the designer and set to failure if both parties at stake have burried the hatchet. Enjoy may have lashed out not to everyones liking, but who hasnt made similar mistake when feeling something they poured their heart in may be copied by someone else. Not agreeing with how it was handled, but its understable and again THE AFFECTED PARTIES HAVE ALREADY CLEARED bad blood amongst themselves.

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #376 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 09:08:05 »
Folks, I think we are over reacting here. Both impacted parties have had a heart to heart. Not sure why everyone is still hung up on it. There was no guarantee that SA Leviathan would have made it in the end. Even though we may miss SA on this colour scheme, who knows in future both of these designer could collaborate for SA drop?  Lets take a step back, many of us werent even aware of the SA IC and participated in this one, lets not kaibosh the designer and set to failure if both parties at stake have burried the hatchet. Enjoy may have lashed out not to everyones liking, but who hasnt made similar mistake when feeling something they poured their heart in may be copied by someone else. Not agreeing with how it was handled, but its understable and again THE AFFECTED PARTIES HAVE ALREADY CLEARED bad blood amongst themselves.
None of that helps the fact that the community is missing out on a set because Enjoy thinks he has a patent on bright green.

The fact that the leviathan creator is being a stand up person and acting like it is no big deal doesn’t change the fact that enjoy has no right to tell them they can’t design a set. Wavez reminds me a lot of toxic or terminal or nautilus nightmare but none of those designers are going off on enjoy about running a set.

Enjoy needs to get off the high horse and do the right thing and let them run leviathan until then I don’t see why we should let enjoy off the hook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ocm

• Formerly OneCreativeMind
« Reply #377 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 09:29:25 »
Hey all, just wanted to reach out and let you guys know that Enjoy and I worked this out privately and I received his blessing to run Leviathan. The audiences for these sets are different, and I think we can all agree that we have acted out based on emotion at some point or another in our life. Let us get this thread back on track and give Wavez the love it deserves. A ton of work obviously went into it.

Much love to Enjoy and the rest of this god-damn beautiful community.

Offline prototype26

« Reply #378 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 09:31:00 »
Even though we may miss SA on this colour scheme, who knows in future both of these designer could collaborate for SA drop?

Ahahaha, with that kind of attitude of claiming everything for himself, that's just a farfetched dream. If he had the slightest intention to do that, he would have done it instead of picking a fight and ruining it for the community. Hell, he could have done it by now which is after he has calmed down. But the fact remains that he didn't.

Looks like he has granted permission to bring back Leviathan. Ignore what I said then.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 February 2019, 09:35:56 by prototype26 »

Offline Starston3

« Reply #379 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 09:31:49 »
None of that helps the fact that the community is missing out on a set because Enjoy thinks he has a patent on bright green.

The fact that the leviathan creator is being a stand up person and acting like it is no big deal doesn’t change the fact that enjoy has no right to tell them they can’t design a set. Wavez reminds me a lot of toxic or terminal or nautilus nightmare but none of those designers are going off on enjoy about running a set.

Enjoy needs to get off the high horse and do the right thing and let them run leviathan until then I don’t see why we should let enjoy off the hook.

If only you had checked reddit before posting this you would have seen that Leviathan is back as an IC — https://reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/aqxb02/ic_leviathan_rises_from_the_deep_sa_leviathan/

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #380 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 09:33:56 »

If only you had checked reddit before posting this you would have seen that Leviathan is back as an IC — https://reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/aqxb02/ic_leviathan_rises_from_the_deep_sa_leviathan/
Excellent glad to see that enjoy made the right decision.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #381 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 09:41:39 »
Enjoy...still awaiting updates, new renders (if possible), pricing and drop info.

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #382 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 09:51:45 »
I’m flying back home, Ill post updates tonight/tomorow ;)

Offline ddnomad

« Reply #383 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 10:04:00 »
Looking forward! Glad I can get both of the sets after all :)

Offline blizzara01

« Reply #384 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 12:34:37 »
Atlast, here we come   :D

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #385 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 12:00:53 »

Let's go!

Offline RamenTechMech

« Reply #386 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 16:57:33 »
After catching up on this thread, glad everybody is at peace  :thumb:

Can't wait for the drop Enjoy  ;D 

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #387 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 03:37:47 »
Just got back home, I wanted to post the updates but some important informations will most likely come Monday, I want to group all news and not spreading them ! Comming soon guys ! Almost everything is ready to be posted :)

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #388 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 06:41:51 »
Just got back home, I wanted to post the updates but some important informations will most likely come Monday, I want to group all news and not spreading them ! Comming soon guys ! Almost everything is ready to be posted :)

Yes. Waiting so long.  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Kawamashi

« Reply #389 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 10:03:23 »
Can't wait !  :)

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #390 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 12:40:27 »
So looking forward to GMK Waves. Let's go!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #391 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 13:43:58 »

Nice, can we drop it in February? haha Cannot wait

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
« Reply #392 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 21:54:59 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 February 2019, 22:01:05 by MoarCoffeePlzzz »

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
« Reply #393 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 21:57:11 »
Still hyped for this set..

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #394 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 17:32:51 »
Hey guys it's Enjoy here! It's been a while since I last made any official announcement. I have a few words and updates that I know some of you have all been waiting for. Let’s get started!

Preface

First, I would like to officially announce that Massdrop will no longer be the vendor for this set as originally intended. It pains me to see it turns out this way, but unfortunately Massdrop and I could not find a common ground in our final agreement, and hence this is the way it must go. It has been a blast to work with them during these past couple months, and I wish Yanbo nothing but the best in his endeavor and future projects!

With that out of the way, I would like to credit and acknowledge all the help that has been involved in this project. I would like to thank Biip and Janglad for the tremendous amount of quality work they put in this project. Thanks to Otanishock for all his support and contribution to kit revising and format editing. Thanks to David from CandyKeys for being the vendor and for all his work waiting ahead post Group Buy in order to bring this set to you. But above all, thanks to all of you – everyone, especially all those who were here since day one when this set was just a conception. Thank you for all your contribution and suggestion! This set could not be nowhere near where it is today without all your unconditional help and support. I really appreciate everything! 
Without further ado, let’s get to the part where everyone is most excited for 😊.

Base Kit :
I have decided to configure the base kit with Icon Mods/Text Mods bottom row with basic ISO support. I feel this configuration truly captures the minimalist theme of the set which I am hoping for while stilling maintaining decent coverage for most popular layouts!

Numpad :
The Numpad! Yes I made the final call to split the numpad away from the base kit. This was not an easy decision, but I feel this would serve the best benefit to our community.

Novelties:
It is unfortunate that since this set is no longer available on Massdrop, I have to cut corners towards the novelties kit. Some of the extra keys from original novelties mockup have been removed in order to keep pricing in bound. 

Kobe:
Similar to the novelties situation as explained above, it is impossible for me to offer both alpha kits in this drop due to pricing and MOQ issues. My apologies to all the folks who voted for the Gaijin kit, but Kobe pulled ahead in the poll and so this is where it has to be.

Spacebar :
I don’t feel any modification towards the spacebar kit is necessary so it would remain as is.

Artisans :
And in addition to all of that, depending on the general consensus, I will propose 2 rama keycaps, one made out of aluminum with green infill, and the other one made out of mercury PVD brass without infill. Let me know what you guys think!

Ortho/Ergo/40% :
My sincere apologies to all the ortho/ergo/40% users! Unfortunately, I cannot offer support for your layout due to MOQ issues. As I do not want to put the strain on the vendor and force them to forebuy all these kits to push MOQs, I have decided to cut them entirely from the drop. Believe me that was a very hard decision to make, but I hope you will all understand.

Conclusion :

So here you go guys, that’s it! We’ve come far, and now it’s time to let it shine! Please let me know if you’d want to see any final change before we wrap up and move on to the Group Buy phase. Thank you so much for your support. You guys have always been my motivation for this project, and it has been a blast for me working on it ever since. Cheers to everyone! 😊
-Enjoy

Vendors:

EU : Candykeys
US : Dixiemech
ASIA : TBD (possibly ZFrontier ?)
AU : TBD (possibly Daily Clack ?)

NB : What do you think of this possible packaging  ;D ?

« Last Edit: Mon, 11 March 2019, 22:41:48 by EnjoyMyInSec »

Offline biip

• @biipmk
Re: [IC] GMK Wavez UPDATED : 02/18/2019
« Reply #395 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 17:37:28 »
👀

Offline RamenTechMech

« Reply #396 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 17:39:49 »
The box looks amazing! And I would like to see both versions of Rama caps if possible :) I don't think you would run into any MOQ issues there. And are you going to be running Nano.Wavez as well?

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #397 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 17:41:11 »
The box looks amazing! And I would like to see both versions of Rama caps if possible :) I don't think you would run into any MOQ issues there. And are you going to be running Nano.Wavez as well?

Of course Nano wavez will happen ! :D

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #398 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 17:52:30 »
In for a few sets of Base, Novelty, and Spacebar!

Offline click clack jack

« Reply #399 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 18:03:03 »
Exciting update!! You know I'm in!!