Author Topic: KBT Pure Pro questions  (Read 6269 times)

Offline mrsone

• Recovering Rubber Dome User
KBT Pure Pro questions
« on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 20:48:11 »
Hello, Geekhackers! I just got my shiny new KBT Pure Pro in the mail today, and I am liking it so far. I have a few questions about usage for anyone who has owned this keyboard for awhile. Thanks very much if you can answer any of these questions for me.

- Does anyone use this keyboard with a Mac? If so, have you been able to get either the DIP switch functions or the FN layer functions to work? I am sure the DIP functions work but I have no need to use any of them at the moment.

- I cannot find a manual specific to the KBT Pure Pro that I have (white with cherry mx red, non-backlit). What is the Pn button for? Again, does it do anything on the Mac?

Thanks!
Keyboards currently in my possession:
Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Brown 104 key, Unicomp Spacesaver 104, Rosewill RK-9000RE (Cherry MX Red), Leopold 660C Mini Capacitive keyboard, HHKB Type S, Logitech Illuminated Keyboard

Keypads:
Leopold 210TP Mechanical Keypad (Cherry MX Red), Leopold FC210TP/NB Mechanical Keypad (Cherry MX Brown)

Other Keyboards I have tried:
Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Red, Leopold  FC500RR/AB Linear Touch Cherry MX Red, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition, Realforce 103U/UB, Realforce 103U Black All 55g, Noppoo Choc Mini 84 Mechanical Cherry MX Black keyboard, Noppoo Choc Mini 84 Mechanical Cherry MX Red keyboard (white and black color versions), PLU G3000 NKRO keyboard (white w/ Cherry MX Red switches), Dell 101AT (black Alps switches), Mattias Mini Quiet Pro (modified white Alps switches), KBT Pure Pro, (2)Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2, Leopold FC210TP/CB Tactile Click Cherry MX Blue Tenkey pad

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: KBT Pure Pro questions
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 20:59:09 »
Pn just ends the Fn programming. Really stupid. Doesn;t actually provide another layer

Offline mrsone

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 04:30:06 »
Thanks for providing that clarification. I searched everywhere and I could not find anything telling me why this key is needed, and that is probably why.
Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Brown 104 key, Unicomp Spacesaver 104, Rosewill RK-9000RE (Cherry MX Red), Leopold 660C Mini Capacitive keyboard, HHKB Type S, Logitech Illuminated Keyboard

Keypads:
Leopold 210TP Mechanical Keypad (Cherry MX Red), Leopold FC210TP/NB Mechanical Keypad (Cherry MX Brown)

Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Red, Leopold  FC500RR/AB Linear Touch Cherry MX Red, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition, Realforce 103U/UB, Realforce 103U Black All 55g, Noppoo Choc Mini 84 Mechanical Cherry MX Black keyboard, Noppoo Choc Mini 84 Mechanical Cherry MX Red keyboard (white and black color versions), PLU G3000 NKRO keyboard (white w/ Cherry MX Red switches), Dell 101AT (black Alps switches), Mattias Mini Quiet Pro (modified white Alps switches), KBT Pure Pro, (2)Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2, Leopold FC210TP/CB Tactile Click Cherry MX Blue Tenkey pad

Offline GreeDyloO

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 05:11:21 »
The Pn button activates the programmed macros.
You can add keyboard macros for pretty much everything.

The correct way to do that, as sated in the manual is to:

- Activate the programmation with Fn + Pmode (r-ctrl)
- Press the key to macro on
- Type your macro on the keyboard
- End the programmation pressing Pn

Then you'll activate your macro by pressing Pn + the key you programmed.

Offline mrsone

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 16:06:13 »
Oh thanks for that explanation. The manual that I got was in Chinese, so I cannot read it, nor can I find one online. Do you happen to know if there is an english manual somewhere online that I can read to help me get started with this?

Keypads:

Offline GreeDyloO

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 16:40:49 »
I will try to scan my Manual for you tomorrow.
I'm using the French layout, but the programming examples could help you.

Also, the manual states that the DIP switches have these functions:
SW1 inverts Caps and Left Fn functions.
SW2 Sets the right ctrl as "~" key.
SW3 does nothing at all.
SW4 locks programming function.

Also, I noticed that when you press Fn + W, the caps and shift buttons are inverted, which is not stated in the manual.

Offline mrsone

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 17:09:46 »
Oh thank you! That would be wonderful! I also see there is a way to switch the backspace and delete keys on the KBT pure (not pro model). Is there a way to do that on this keyboard. That would make it perfect for me.

Keypads:

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 20:38:07 »
Pn just ends the Fn programming. Really stupid. Doesn;t actually provide another layer

Yes it does. You need to read your user's manual again.

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 20:40:25 »
Hello, Geekhackers! I just got my shiny new KBT Pure Pro in the mail today, and I am liking it so far. I have a few questions about usage for anyone who has owned this keyboard for awhile. Thanks very much if you can answer any of these questions for me.

- Does anyone use this keyboard with a Mac? If so, have you been able to get either the DIP switch functions or the FN layer functions to work? I am sure the DIP functions work but I have no need to use any of them at the moment.

- I cannot find a manual specific to the KBT Pure Pro that I have (white with cherry mx red, non-backlit). What is the Pn button for? Again, does it do anything on the Mac?

Thanks!

You can use this keyboard on a Mac. I do.

Here is a scan of the English version of the manual:

* User's manual - KBT Pure Pro.pdf (183.09 kB - downloaded 532 times.)

Offline mrsone

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 20:52:33 »
Thank you for posting the manual. I have saved it for future reference. I did not know there were so many neat features on it; I got it mainly for the reduced size! I will be exploring these later.

Keypads:

Offline GreeDyloO

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 03:03:13 »
Since the manual I was going to scan is exactly the same as SpiceBar's reference, I will pass scanning it :)

I don't know why this FN + W function is here, it sets the shift button as a second caps lock.
If anybody has info about it...

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 09:27:03 »
Since the manual I was going to scan is exactly the same as SpiceBar's reference, I will pass scanning it :)

I don't know why this FN + W function is here, it sets the shift button as a second caps lock.
If anybody has info about it...

Yes I had scanned the manual several months ago, upon receiving my first Pure Pro.

The Fn-W does what it says. The Shift becomes a dual-role modifier:
- Shift-letter produces the letter in uppercase.
- Shift alone does Caps Lock until you press Shift again (some typewriters work like that).