Author Topic: [IC] GMK | Aurora Polaris | NOW LIVE!  (Read 100690 times)

Offline nvh2092

Re: [IC] GMK | Aurora Polaris - GB December 1st
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 15:22:08 »
set looks nice, filled out a form. would like a 2nd base kit that includes those gradient mods!
I second this :), otherwise people who want the gradient mods will have to buy it separately, resulting in a redundant mods base with no alpha to use....

Offline S3LQ

• Designer and keyboard enthusiast
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 15:55:49 »
set looks nice, filled out a form. would like a 2nd base kit that includes those gradient mods!
I second this :), otherwise people who want the gradient mods will have to buy it separately, resulting in a redundant mods base with no alpha to use....
I don't think we will be offering a second basekit, regarding we'd need a full gradient basekit with 6-8 colors, the price would be fairly high and we'd probably have to base at a higher moq which results in it being hard to sell out, when we run two bases at the same time.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 16:12:50 »
I don't think we will be offering a second basekit, regarding we'd need a full gradient basekit with 6-8 colors, the price would be fairly high and we'd probably have to base at a higher moq which results in it being hard to sell out, when we run two bases at the same time.
Since it's hard to reach MOQ, I recommend put the 2 base kits in IC form and let people vote. Both are beautiful but only one can be made which is very sad....

Offline beigeandbrown

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 16:21:05 »
Most people would probably prefer the gradient in the base kit, also it will stop the wasabiterminalmidnighthammerhead problem haha.

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 16:23:49 »
whew boy, big fan of the minimalistic look  :thumb:

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 16:35:35 »
whew boy, big fan of the minimalistic look  :thumb:
Thanks! Appreciate the help with rendering  :thumb:

Offline v4lkism

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 15:01:48 »
I am hoping that there is the modifiers kit (bottom half of the base kit) as well with just the green/black combo

Offline leexy

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 02:01:32 »
Thanks for taking your time to to some investigation and bring out some feedback! This feedback will be taken into consideration!

Please keep the R3 PgUp & R4 PgDn keys in base kit

Offline Zaprey

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 11:30:03 »
I really like this!!
Consider UK-ISO, 40/ortho kit, and  maybe putting the colourful mods in base as i think they look nicer? thanks!

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 11:45:11 »
Thanks for taking your time to to some investigation and bring out some feedback! This feedback will be taken into consideration!

Please keep the R3 PgUp & R4 PgDn keys in base kit
Hey! All the kits have been updated now, and R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn are still in the updated kit! We got rid of the duplicated tilde and duplicated pipe key in the base kit. We got rid of the additional spacebars in the gradient mod kit, and we also added a 1u FN r4 with bottom row color. And in the novelty kit, we were only going to update 1 key since it was too advanced for GMK, but we ended up doing some more changes which resulted in the kit being more related to the theme.

Offline asciisii

Re: [IC] GMK | Aurora Polaris - Novelty Update | GB December 1st
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 15:02:39 »
Looks clean. Gonna watch this, been looking for a nice dark/black set to hop on

Offline break

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 16:48:42 »
Congrats on this IC and GB announcement. :)

For a set themed after a celestial phenomenon, I would have expected celestial-themed Enter novelties. I think of Enter novelties as thematic centerpieces, but your use of mountains and trees feels more appropriate for sets like Alpine, Ursa, Coniferous or Botanical.

If you're open to a bold suggestion, I'd also consider running the mods with gradient legends as your base kit mods. It would further emphasize the theme and offer something truly unique, since there are lots of neon-on-dark sets floating around (Metro, Pulse, Phosphorous, Miami/Vice Nights, etc). Also, it's arguably more on-theme than the current color scheme, since aurora borealis seems to be predominantly green with fluorescent highlights.

Then again I know it can be challenging to make radical changes to a keyset at this point. Just a thought, though!
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 October 2020, 11:54:05 by break »

Offline Kajoler

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 09 October 2020, 13:24:22 »
love the colors
>:0

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 13:26:34 »
Congrats on this IC and GB announcement. :)

For a set themed after a celestial phenomenon, I would have expected celestial-themed Enter novelties. I think of Enter novelties as thematic centerpieces, but your use of mountains and trees feels more appropriate for sets like Alpine, Ursa, Coniferous or Botanical.

If you're open to a bold suggestion, I'd also consider running the mods with gradient legends as your base kit mods. It would further emphasize the theme and offer something truly unique, since there are lots of neon-on-dark sets floating around (Metro, Pulse, Phosphorous, Miami/Vice Nights, etc). Also, it's arguably more on-theme than the current color scheme, since aurora borealis seems to be predominantly green with fluorescent highlights.

Show Image

Then again I know it can be challenging to make radical changes to a keyset at this point. Just a thought, though!
Appreciate the feedback, we are still working on this. We are checking the possibilities regarding the gradient basekit, if this is something we are able to run for a decent price. More updates will come soon, regarding this, and other exciting stuff!

Offline Buburoo

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 13:53:45 »
Very nice but where is the ISO-UK?

:peperee:

Offline stein3

« Reply #115 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 14:13:02 »

+1, the mountains and trees enters are nice, but I just don't see the connection. Would much prefer something more like the 1u aurora novelty.

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 10:35:36 »
Came here to +1 Break's comment. I think some people like the clean look, but they're going to be the minority here. I would really only be interested in buying a base kit that combines the colors of the alphas with the colors of the current alt mods. Think of the way Metro was kitted. If you want the midnight look, there's a kit for that, but what makes the kit distinctive is the color combos in the base kit.

Looks fantastic and with this change and some improvements to the novelties, I'd be in.

Also...do you think Rensuya would be willing to share the Inuktitut alpha legends for an alt alpha sublegends kit? There's no need for this to be a weeb set but I think Inuktitut sublegends would be on-theme and gorgeous.

Offline S3LQ

Re: [IC] GMK | Aurora Polaris - Update! | GB December 1st
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 13:45:56 »

Checking for interest for this gradient basekit, this would be switched out for the current basekit, and we would most likley cut the additional mod kit in that case.

Colors used for this Gradient Basekit is following:

From bottom to top:
- TU1 for the two bottom rows
- TU2 for the two mid rows
- Pantone 339 for the two top rows
- 339 as accent

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 13:53:59 »
Also...do you think Rensuya would be willing to share the Inuktitut alpha legends for an alt alpha sublegends kit?

Inuktitut legends don't exist in GMK afaik. If you're talking about vectors, KAT Mizu isn't typographically compatible with the Cherry font.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 13:55:30 »
I miss mg1 v4 and the other mod kit colors

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 13:58:28 »
I miss mg1 v4 and the other mod kit colors
Those would not be in the basekit regarding price. The more colors we use for a kit, the higher price. And we want to make an affordable kit for you guys.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 14:22:23 »
I hear you. 10 color handarbeit at 150 MOQ was 155$? But if it was gonna be an expensive base kit...how was it a mod kit?

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 14:35:06 »
I hear you. 10 color handarbeit at 150 MOQ was 155$? But if it was gonna be an expensive base kit...how was it a mod kit?
The mod kit was way fewer keys. For us to run that kit we would base it at a higher MOQ or even cut some margins to make the mod kit fairly priced.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 16:16:06 »
Show Image

Checking for interest for this gradient basekit, this would be switched out for the current basekit, and we would most likley cut the additional mod kit in that case.

From bottom to top:
- 339 as accent

It's less vibrant than the original green-black base but there are color transition. It needs a light red-ish tone imo.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 October 2020, 16:21:19 by nvh2092 »

Offline Shaoraa

[IC] GMK | Aurora Polaris - Update! | GB December 1st
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 17:01:59 »
Show Image

From bottom to top:
- 339 as accent

I gotta say, I love the new gradient base kit! Imo after seeing it, Im not sure if id buy the "old" kit. But its also a pitty that the mod pack wouldn't make it to the GB since i really liked the other colors. If Id have to chose between the old base kit and mod kit or the gradient base kit, id definitely go with the new base kit.

Also, I'm not sure if its just me but i think the colors of the novelties would need a slight update in combination with the gradien base kit.

Edit: After thinking about it a little longer, i think i like the old base kit more. But id only buy it if the mod kit would make it to the GB as well.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 October 2020, 14:29:42 by Shaoraa »

Offline stein3

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 10:48:34 »
I think I prefer the original base kit with the gradient mod kit (ideally as one kit).

The top to bottom gradient just... doesn't say aurora borealis to me.

Offline proelio

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 11:59:28 »
I really like the theme but prefer the original set idea with the legends in all green/teal.

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 12:39:40 »
This looks great.  The renders that caught my eye were the base kit with the additional mod kit - I know there is a current trend towards sets with a variety of colors on mod legends (Oblivion/Dracula/etc) but for this set I think that would make a stronger base kit than the all-green or the variant version.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 13:33:14 »
I think I prefer the original base kit with the gradient mod kit (ideally as one kit).

I feel the same way. I think it'd be best if you made a form put it down to a public vote between: 1) old base bundled with mod kit; 2) old base and separate mod kit; 3) new proposed gradient base.

Offline aadk5

• AKA: feeebleminded
« Reply #129 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 00:34:41 »

I feel the same way. I think it'd be best if you made a form put it down to a public vote between: 1) old base bundled with mod kit; 2) old base and separate mod kit; 3) new proposed gradient base.

+1 definitely this. I did prefer the green alphas with the gradient mods. It just seemed a bit more colorful. Would definitely be interested to see a poll

Offline Raptor_N60

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 15 October 2020, 04:43:28 »
I have a different opinion: the ALPHAS in the newly proposed gradient base + MODS in the old mods (reddish-blue separate one) best represent the Aurora theme for me.
Either way, I too agree that a form should be put forwards for people to vote on :thumb:

Offline Southerntitan

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 15 October 2020, 12:05:00 »
Agreed -- I haven't heard anyone dislike (old) Gradient mods. IMO, axing the gradient mods, which included the pinks and purples, would cost you potential customers. Essentially the keyset becomes just hues of blues/greens at the point, and less interesting.

As a compromise.... how about:

Base kit = Mint alphas + gradient mods [combination of old kits]
+ add-ons:
-Gradient alphas
-Novelties of mint green mods/images
-Spacebar kit

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
« Reply #132 on: Thu, 15 October 2020, 21:52:16 »
I like this. it looks a lot like superuser and other sets but it's still unique enough
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline yui

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 00:50:44 »
Agreed -- I haven't heard anyone dislike (old) Gradient mods. IMO, axing the gradient mods, which included the pinks and purples, would cost you potential customers. Essentially the keyset becomes just hues of blues/greens at the point, and less interesting.

+ add-ons:
-Gradient alphas
-Spacebar kit
i do agree that visually your idea sounds good, but price may not be, already with the base gradient i am worried that it may end up out of my budget but even more colors i do not even have any sort of hope. and to be honest i like the gradient base and old base equally but although i find the colored mods nice i would not have gotten them for my project, as i think it would not go well with the case i plan to use, and with my budget.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #134 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 06:21:10 »

+ add-ons:
-Gradient alphas
-Spacebar kit
i do agree that visually your idea sounds good, but price may not be, already with the base gradient i am worried that it may end up out of my budget but even more colors i do not even have any sort of hope. and to be honest i like the gradient base and old base equally but although i find the colored mods nice i would not have gotten them for my project, as i think it would not go well with the case i plan to use, and with my budget.
We are still working on a soluition that please the most people. An update will be posted soon, regarding this and projects with collaborators!

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 08:21:25 »

+ add-ons:
-Gradient alphas
-Spacebar kit
This is being taken into considiration!

Offline S3LQ

Re: [IC] GMK | Aurora Polaris - Rama Cap! | GB December 1st
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 08:24:46 »
GMK Aurora Polaris x Rama

Offline Ciantha

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 14:18:13 »
Show Image

From bottom to top:
- 339 as accent

I guess I'm a minority but I absolutely adore the gradient basekit.

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 11:46:29 »
Show Image

From bottom to top:
- 339 as accent

I guess I'm a minority but I absolutely adore the gradient basekit.
There is a lot of people wanting that, but the majority wants the original base kits + the additional gradient mod kit. So we'll have to decide what we'd like to offer for GB!  :thumb:

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 14:01:05 »
IN PROGRESS

- Got an illustrator working on the 2nd deskmat design
- Deciding upon which kits to run, this being heavily affected by the audiences shown interest in public and votes. (So make sure to fill the form)
- We are pretty set on the current collabs. Always open for more collabs, so if you have any suggestions, or if you want to provide anything please let us know!
- We are also waiting for some more collaborator product pictures, so we can provide you guys with that.
- Quotes to GMK has arrived, so we are working on setting a fair retail price.
- Last of all we are working on getting more realistic themed renders done.

Offline Shinigamii

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 14:05:53 »
Really like the colors, good luck with the buy!
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 October 2020, 14:09:14 by Shinigamii »

Offline break

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 14:53:36 »

Great update! Are you quoting all of the kits under consideration?

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 03:35:35 »

Great update! Are you quoting all of the kits under consideration?
All the different kits have been quoted, so we have the prices for everything. But we won't reveal any prices before we've decided which kits we're going with!  :thumb:

Offline udller

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 04:03:51 »
are you planing on doing an O rama aswell ? or just the X ? i personally like having both.

Offline segami

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 05:24:31 »
I AM INNNN

Offline RobbyRobsen

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 03:35:55 »
I'd also opt for the original color kit :) That green tone is super nice.

Are the kits already finalized, e.g. a NORDEUK won't be coming?

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #146 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 04:20:06 »
The gradient base kit is the one I like the most.  Interested.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #147 on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 07:38:30 »
I'd also opt for the original color kit :) That green tone is super nice.

Are the kits already finalized, e.g. a NORDEUK won't be coming?
The kits are indeed finalized. We won’t add more kits, rather cut off a base. This will be announced in the next update!

Offline BuddhaBen

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 11:39:54 »
Is the RAMA going to be Brass or Aluminum?

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 11:40:59 »
Is the RAMA going to be Brass or Aluminum?
The Rama is black PVD Brass with Pantone 339 infill, same infill as the legends color on the keycaps