Author Topic: [IC] Besides Studio Alu Metal Keycaps set - GB 23rd July 2021  (Read 67749 times)

Offline well_cooper

• Turn metal in to typing machine
    • Thocc Supply
Sound test is a lot better than I thought an all metal caps set would sound like!

Thanks Boba! Glad you like my potato sound recording setup :D

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
You will have something truly special if you can offer this at the price point you say you will

But it does lead to a lot of questions on my end on what "the catch" is in how you will be achieving this price point. Will you be machining the keycaps or through metal injection molding/casting? What bead blasting level will you be using? How are you doing the anodization? What's the tolerance level you will be achievement? What does "easily adjustable stem" mean (from the look of your stems, they don't seem that much different from typical alu keycap stems). I'm going to guess you mean that typical house tools will allow one to tighten or loosen the stem to fit different stems.

I realize the questions I ask may seem slightly conflict of interest-y but as someone in the same space, that price point seems too good to be true other than if you:
1. Own the CNC machines + anodization (which seems possible considering
2. Literally just paying for material cost
3. Operating in a crazy high volume (which doing the math at 100 sets, doesn't seem super high)
4. You're running your own fulfillment and logistics
5. Not using vendors to help you sell

Anyways. You don't need to answer my questions if you feel you're revealing too much.

Again, if you can pull this off at the price point, I would be incredibly impressed. And I root for you the entire way.

I would be incredibly impressed if you can maintain the alpha sets at $200 dollars. Manufacturing quality metal keycaps is not cheap, especially in high tolerances. I am curious how you're able to maintain such a low price point?

Accounting for machining, sandblasting (which I believe you have), anodizing, and other treatments, that's quite low of a cost per keycap.

I am guessing you are doing all of this in house, which can keep costs low.

Appericate your support on our project! Since I saw that video on Linus Tech Tips showing a full metal caps board really made me wanted one, I mean who wouldn't if the price is reasonable. That has been the starting point for this project. Discussing with multiple manufactures and optimzing the machining process started at the start of this year, the whole process was long and frustrating. Some designs seen on other metal novelty caps have to be left out to control cost (engraving on the inside) although I'm hoping to include in the future group buys.

To shed some light in your questions:
  • We are planning to run fulfillment and logistics by ourselves, keep marketing to the minimum and overheads to the lowest possible
  • Hight volume does allow us to have more leverage with manu to ensure adequate production time frame
  • No vendors for this project since we cannot afford vendor commission at this price point
  • ALL caps regardless its size will be CNC machined, sand blasted then anodized
  • We are thinking about tweaking sand blasting level to give it a slight rougher surface texture but I'm very happy with the proto set I'm currently typing on
  • Stems are easily adjustable with house tools (I've been using small piler and flat head screw driver), we are designing a specialized tool (optional purchase) to be released during GB phase to tighten and loosen stems
  • Anodizing colours are chosen to show off its metallic property hence no E-white or other crazy colours available at this point (will be offered in the future)

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
I must succeed with the heaviest board in existence. GIMME GIMMEEee

Super keen to see your proto!

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
You will have something truly special if you can offer this at the price point you say you will

But it does lead to a lot of questions on my end on what "the catch" is in how you will be achieving this price point. Will you be machining the keycaps or through metal injection molding/casting? What bead blasting level will you be using? How are you doing the anodization? What's the tolerance level you will be achievement? What does "easily adjustable stem" mean (from the look of your stems, they don't seem that much different from typical alu keycap stems). I'm going to guess you mean that typical house tools will allow one to tighten or loosen the stem to fit different stems.

I realize the questions I ask may seem slightly conflict of interest-y but as someone in the same space, that price point seems too good to be true other than if you:
1. Own the CNC machines + anodization (which seems possible considering
2. Literally just paying for material cost
3. Operating in a crazy high volume (which doing the math at 100 sets, doesn't seem super high)
4. You're running your own fulfillment and logistics
5. Not using vendors to help you sell

Anyways. You don't need to answer my questions if you feel you're revealing too much.

Again, if you can pull this off at the price point, I would be incredibly impressed. And I root for you the entire way.

I would be incredibly impressed if you can maintain the alpha sets at $200 dollars. Manufacturing quality metal keycaps is not cheap, especially in high tolerances. I am curious how you're able to maintain such a low price point?

Accounting for machining, sandblasting (which I believe you have), anodizing, and other treatments, that's quite low of a cost per keycap.

I am guessing you are doing all of this in house, which can keep costs low.

Appericate your support on our project! Since I saw that video on Linus Tech Tips showing a full metal caps board really made me wanted one, I mean who wouldn't if the price is reasonable. That has been the starting point for this project. Discussing with multiple manufactures and optimzing the machining process started at the start of this year, the whole process was long and frustrating. Some designs seen on other metal novelty caps have to be left out to control cost (engraving on the inside) although I'm hoping to include in the future group buys.

To shed some light in your questions:
  • We are planning to run fulfillment and logistics by ourselves, keep marketing to the minimum and overheads to the lowest possible
  • Hight volume does allow us to have more leverage with manu to ensure adequate production time frame
  • No vendors for this project since we cannot afford vendor commission at this price point
  • ALL caps regardless its size will be CNC machined, sand blasted then anodized
  • We are thinking about tweaking sand blasting level to give it a slight rougher surface texture but I'm very happy with the proto set I'm currently typing on
  • Stems are easily adjustable with house tools (I've been using small piler and flat head screw driver), we are designing a specialized tool (optional purchase) to be released during GB phase to tighten and loosen stems
  • Anodizing colours are chosen to show off its metallic property hence no E-white or other crazy colours available at this point (will be offered in the future)

:thumb:

Offline yukitoki

just need to add a in a series-00 shiny esc keycap  :eek:

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
just need to add a in a series-00 shiny esc keycap  :eek:

Coming Soon ™  :thumb:

Offline titanium

If you find a way to mimic the scoop/curved F&J home row I will definitely be in. Not a fan of the nub/bar homing unfortunately

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
Re: [IC] Besides Studio Alu Metal Keycaps set - 21st Dec Update & Live Stream
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 06:10:08 »
My good friend and the all around super nice and fun streamer JPermz will stream tomorrow with a prototype set of full metal caps tomorrow at 7PM AEST 22nd Dec (or 3AM EST on  Dec 22nd).  Hope to see you there!

https://www.twitch.tv/jpermz

Offline SaraZera

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 10:40:44 »
These will be perfect for my next build. Now we play the waiting game.
]

Offline snail_typist

• monke w/ mone
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 11:00:30 »
the mods are looking real nice, might get the mods and function keys
word 25 is the best typing test length

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
Re: [IC] Besides Studio Alu Metal Keycaps set - 29 Dec Update
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 10:05:57 »
These will be perfect for my next build. Now we play the waiting game.

The perfect banner combo does exist :cool:

the mods are looking real nice, might get the mods and function keys

Same colour or mix & match?

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Re: Re: [IC] Besides Studio Alu Metal Keycaps set - 29 Dec Update
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 04:53:16 »
On the right egro board these could really pop.  Have you tested how tight they will fit.  The reason I ask is because sometimes RAMA caps are a little loose on the fit.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
Re: Re: [IC] Besides Studio Alu Metal Keycaps set - 29 Dec Update
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 07:31:03 »
On the right egro board these could really pop.  Have you tested how tight they will fit.  The reason I ask is because sometimes RAMA caps are a little loose on the fit.

Cap stem tightness on our one can be easily adjusted. Tho I do notice some switches fits tighter (gat yellows, reds and black, ink series) and some fit slightly less tight (switches made by JWK in general)

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
Re: [IC] Besides Studio Alu Metal Keycaps set - 14 Jan Laser etched sample
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 04:42:56 »
Second last update before GB! Lets go

Offline yukitoki

Re: [IC] Besides Studio Alu Metal Keycaps set - 14 Jan Laser etched sample
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 08:15:22 »
LETS GOOO  :thumb:

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
Re: [IC] Besides Studio Alu Metal Keycaps set - 26 Jan Pre Production samples
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 02:19:02 »

Offline Bantalope

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 16:18:17 »
Getting more tempting with every update.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 08:02:04 »
Starting to look better and better.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Hellenic94

Re: [IC] Besides Studio Alu Metal Keycaps set - 16 Feb Kitting update
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 16:56:33 »
Navy looks amazing. Making me second guess getting striker.

Offline twohands

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 19:18:22 »
Any chance there will be blanks for ergo modifiers available? I would be in for multiple sets if it will be  :thumb:

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 04:25:15 »
Any chance there will be blanks for ergo modifiers available? I would be in for multiple sets if it will be  :thumb:

ergo dox?

Offline Rx003

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 05:02:33 »
Interesting sound test! I would be in if there is an option for frow set only!!! Glwic and wish you all the best for this! :thumb: :thumb:

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 20:40:30 »
F-Row set is available  ;D

Offline twohands

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 12:17:21 »

ergo dox?

Yes Ergo Dox please.

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 20:26:40 »

ergo dox?

Yes Ergo Dox please.

Haven't seen Ergo Dox request coming up in the IC so far, perhaps in the future runs we will attempt to introduce that layout

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 17:53:39 »
Oh gosh cherry profile full alu is happening, i'm totally, definetely, absolutely in on this with legends (on a side note, the legends looks good!) :thumb:
Just not sure if black or blue so i hope to see more photos. 

Will you give us all the info pre-gb so we can rush buy when it starts? 

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 18:55:39 »
Since the legends are being laser etched, and the price point is so premium, would you consider supporting ISO-UK as an option for legends (i.e. perhaps take a small number of orders and have ISO-UK legends instead of ANSI)? It’s looking awesome and I’d love to be able to use these on my daily driver!

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 22:31:04 »
No homing on numpad 5 key?

Offline HelloThisIsDog

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 23:21:43 »
So down for this, can't wait to see more content when these get sent out to creators!

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 06:46:28 »
No homing on numpad 5 key?

There is a homing dot on num 5, just not shown in the new render, this will also apply to blank sets as well

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 06:48:42 »
Since the legends are being laser etched, and the price point is so premium, would you consider supporting ISO-UK as an option for legends (i.e. perhaps take a small number of orders and have ISO-UK legends instead of ANSI)? It’s looking awesome and I’d love to be able to use these on my daily driver!

We might be looking at region support in R2 if our first GB goes smoothly, on the first set we only plan to support ANSI

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 06:49:42 »
So down for this, can't wait to see more content when these get sent out to creators!

TimKeyless have already show them on this stream with more to come :thumb:

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 18:39:25 »
Those dark navy caps look phenomenal.
I would love to have a TKL set with dark navy alphas and gold mods, with legends of course.
But I guess price will be a killer...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline bert039

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 05:26:17 »
Wow this is a game changer, I'm in

Offline Rumblethumps

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 09:41:18 »
I'm in for sure! I've been waiting for a set like this!

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 10:53:08 »
If its like $300 for TKL set, I'm in :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline KeyRelic

• KeyRelic
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 15:09:32 »
Is this red render

is the same as red from here?

Offline Mwbowman

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 21:36:43 »
Will there be any support in the future for ergodox layouts or something similar?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 14:02:14 »
any updates?  :D

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 12:23:39 »
any updates?  :D
Final production prototypes are on its way to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline saam

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 12:49:22 »
I saw another post that is similar to what I am about to say: It would  be nice if you could get this to a rather affordable price. At the end of the day it is metal, and machining and manufacturing will cost a bit more. I do appreciate the kitting and how you can choose what you need rather than making a huge base kit that would cost an arm and a leg. Thanks. Looking forward to see this project go further and further!

Sam E

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 26 June 2021, 10:57:49 »
I'm curious about the reported weight of these. Looking at shift keys for example, other aluminum keys I have are 20-30% heavier. Given the nature of the CNC process it wouldn't be any cheaper to produce caps with thinner walls / less weight so I'm wondering why they are so much lighter than the two others I've tried.

Offline well_cooper

• Thocc Supply
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 26 June 2021, 20:04:00 »
I'm curious about the reported weight of these. Looking at shift keys for example, other aluminum keys I have are 20-30% heavier. Given the nature of the CNC process it wouldn't be any cheaper to produce caps with thinner walls / less weight so I'm wondering why they are so much lighter than the two others I've tried.

We try to have all the keys have a uniform typing feel and with less of a need to change to heavier springs on already building boards.  Desoldering isn't fun.
It is more expensive to produce caps with tinner walls but we are willing to put in the work and design optimization so that it is less work and concern for the end buyer.

Offline stomaha

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 27 June 2021, 18:43:39 »
Do we have any idea as to the anticipated timing for the pre-order?

Offline TK0

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 16:12:51 »
I know I've found this quite late, but hopefully this is very successful and we get a R2 with ergo kits. GL!

Offline Havattack

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 16:32:27 »

We try to have all the keys have a uniform typing feel and with less of a need to change to heavier springs on already building boards. Desoldering isn't fun.
It is more expensive to produce caps with tinner walls but we are willing to put in the work and design optimization so that it is less work and concern for the end buyer.

I'm not a big fan of soldering, but i fined de-soldering to be the funnest soldering i do. Popping that gun is therapeutic for me.

Offline achingfingers

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 20:44:29 »
Just saw the video from TaehaKeyboards and this has really got my interest!  :thumb:

Offline noirbizarre

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 11:54:36 »
Wow, what an awesome keycaps set.  :thumb:

Would it possible to have it for some less mainstream (that's an understatement, lets say exotic) layouts like:
  • ISO-FR aka. azerty ?
  • BEPO
  • Ergo-L

Not related to these keycaps but since you are also presenting yourself, are you intending to do the same for other for other keycaps profiles (DSA...) ?

Offline Pach

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 21:55:10 »
Just found out about this and this looks very neat. I saw the pictures of January samples and it seemed to have some alignment issues (backspace, enter, bottom row Control, alt, etc, shift/caps top left aligned instead of center left aligned, other spacing issues). I'm assuming these will be corrected and the current newest renders are what is going to be on the final product? Classic colors are a great choice, only thing I'm not a fan of is the diamond icon, it kinda disturbs the text-only consistency of the bottom row. I would much rather prefer Menu or Code or any other text alternative but that's just my opinion. I know it's probably too late to consider changing anything. The esc icon looks a bit large from the renders, but if I get the set I probably won't be using icon esc, so it doesn't bother me too much. There's also a few other wierd spacing issues in the renders that I hope isn't on the final product.
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 July 2021, 21:58:02 by Pach »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 11:16:39 »
Still following the IC with high hopes.  Just watched the TaeKeyboards video.  Most things look very good about this product.

Any thoughts on lowering the skirt so that the keycaps don't sit any higher than GMK?  The thing is, many keyboard designers use GMK as a guide when setting bezel height so that the caps sit just at or just slightly below the level of the bezel.  Your aluminum caps seem to sit at least 1mm higher than GMK, judging from the TaeKeyboards video.  Any chance on revisiting that aspect of the design?