Author Topic: Decided my pok3r needed some Artisan love also  (Read 4912 times)

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
Decided my pok3r needed some Artisan love also
« on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 18:59:44 »
136326-0

While my HHKB's may be my current daily drivers and i love them so, my pok3r was my love before that and since it still sees use with my iPad i felt he could use a little dressing up.   My first Keycap from Hot Keys Project and likely won't be my last really impressed for the price i paid from Mechanicalkeyboards.com.  Only small complaint it was a VERY tight fit on the stem, would hate to see if i tried to fit it onto one of my old Clears boards instead of the Blues it went onto which seem to generally be looser fitting.

Very clean look and i feel it matches the keycaps very nicely while not being overly distracting like some designs can be IMO.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
Re: Decided my pok3r needed some Artisan love also
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 20:20:49 »
(Attachment Link)

While my HHKB's may be my current daily drivers and i love them so, my pok3r was my love before that and since it still sees use with my iPad i felt he could use a little dressing up.   My first Keycap from Hot Keys Project and likely won't be my last really impressed for the price i paid from Mechanicalkeyboards.com.  Only small complaint it was a VERY tight fit on the stem, would hate to see if i tried to fit it onto one of my old Clears boards instead of the Blues it went onto which seem to generally be looser fitting.

Very clean look and i feel it matches the keycaps very nicely while not being overly distracting like some designs can be IMO.

Nice cap, I like that HKP! Artisans are a slippery slope, I've spent an embarrassingly large amount of money on caps and I don't even buy aftermarket. If you do start getting into collecting I'd recommend setting a monthly $ or cap limit, it's what I have to do to stop myself from buying too much :p

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 20:23:35 »
(Attachment Link)

Nice cap, I like that HKP! Artisans are a slippery slope, I've spent an embarrassingly large amount of money on caps and I don't even buy aftermarket. If you do start getting into collecting I'd recommend setting a monthly $ or cap limit, it's what I have to do to stop myself from buying too much :p

I generally don't like more than one Artisan per board IMO so i doubt i'll be that bad......Famous last words.
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 20:25:31 »
(Attachment Link)

I generally don't like more than one Artisan per board IMO so i doubt i'll be that bad......Famous last words.

I'm the same way actually, but then you start buying for future builds or for a numpad and it just snowballs... It's honestly just enjoyable collecting caps, fun collectible art that comes from such a niche hobby

Offline rurushu

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 21:10:59 »
(Attachment Link)

true words indeed, am in the middle of implementing self-restraint on this to prevent it from overwhelming.

Offline Malenky

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 05:54:05 »
If you do start getting into collecting I'd recommend setting a monthly $ or cap limit, it's what I have to do to stop myself from buying too much :p

Some may say a cap cap.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 14:20:39 »
(Attachment Link)

I'm the same way actually, but then you start buying for future builds or for a numpad and it just snowballs... It's honestly just enjoyable collecting caps, fun collectible art that comes from such a niche hobby

You just HAD to mention the numpad....**** now i need one for my Kinesis Numpad.
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 15:36:59 »
(Attachment Link)

You just HAD to mention the numpad....**** now i need one for my Kinesis Numpad.

They go so well on numpads! Here's mine at the moment, pretty happy with how it's come together. A lot of the less functional artisans that look really cool do well on numpads

Offline dunglefinker

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 10:33:17 »
Sweet board bud! Welcome to the artisan community!  :D

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 19:28:43 »
Think....i'm in trouble...just bought a White Warmaster with Red eyes for my KBP V60 also =/
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 02:11:40 »
Think....i'm in trouble...just bought a White Warmaster with Red eyes for my KBP V60 also =/
And it has begun already.

Offline Brannan

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 23:18:38 »
dude nice! Is a costom cable worth it? I mean Id probably rather get a budget pbt set instead of a cable. love you channel btw!

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 02:53:56 »
dude nice! Is a costom cable worth it? I mean Id probably rather get a budget pbt set instead of a cable. love you channel btw!

First of all thank you =)

Secondly is a custom cable worth it?  Very subjective of course though quality wise they are of course way better than the cheap generic ones that come with most boards.  But mostly a custom cable is purely about looks,thing is once you end up getting keycaps you like, Artisans you like...etc etc.  You start looking for other things to do or add to the board and that's one of the next most practical steps,that said the one in my picture isn't "custom" it's just a cheap Coiled silver one from Lindey i paid 9$ or so for?

http://www.amazon.com/Lindy-Coiled-Cable-Transparent-31925/dp/B003BMS5LK  Price is a little higher right now since they were selling like crazy for awhile there.

Eventually i plan to order an actual custom one from a place like http://pexonpcs.co.uk/  Where you can really get custom and pick whatever you want the cable to look like from the ground up.  But generally that's the order i usually buy stuff in also.

Good board,Keycaps,Artisans,Cable (possibly an aftermarket case if the stock one is crud)
Current Daily Driver/s