Author Topic: Manufacturer of Originative Cyrillic?  (Read 3645 times)

Offline exanile_tabasco

• settling down
Manufacturer of Originative Cyrillic?
« on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 05:54:13 »
So Originative sells this Cyrillic set with black English legends and red Cyrillic legends, in thick Cherry PBT. Does anyone know the manufacturer of this kit? Originative only sells it in a 60% kit.

I read a while back on another GH thread about a cyrillic keyset that the secondary legends were pad-printed and coated with a layer of protective material, while the primary legends were dyesubbed. This kit appears to have all legends dyesubbed; unfortunately I can't get a good picture of the legends, but the top of the cap is completely smooth and the cyrillic legends both look and feel identical to the primary legends.

I can recall that BSP makes beige PBT in Cherry profile as well as EnjoyPBT and one other manufacturer I think, but last I checked I think BSP is a bit different and EnjoyPBT's red Cyrillic kits have red symbols on the modifiers as well (here, mods are all black dye).
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 May 2016, 06:01:23 by exanile_tabasco »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Manufacturer of Originative Cyrillic?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 06:00:24 »
I could be wrong, but it looks like EnjoyPBT.

Wait for a second opinion, as I'm losing track of all the keycap manufacturers now :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 May 2016, 06:12:01 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Tactile

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 16:00:47 »
I've been debating how to say this without sounding like an arrogant ****head - oh heck, I'll just say it.

Don't know if you've noticed but one cap in that set is screwed up. The period & comma on the "?" key should be red instead of black (or did the color just not come through in the photo?). In the photo on the website the cap is correct so it must have been a production error.

I like the set & just ordered the black/pink for myself after seeing your photo. Thanks for the heads-up.
REΛLFORCE

Offline exanile_tabasco

• settling down
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 19:03:08 »
I don't have my D7000 handy, so I'm using my ****ty GS5's camera. Yes, the comma and period on the question mark key are secondary legends and are correctly dyesubbed in red. A combination of poor lighting and poor camera quality made half of the red legends look like black in the photo.

« Last Edit: Fri, 27 May 2016, 19:04:56 by exanile_tabasco »