Author Topic: which blue Clack will match a blue Realforce set?  (Read 4891 times)

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
which blue Clack will match a blue Realforce set?
« on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 00:45:11 »
hey guys

i've been searching for a clack that matches the colour of the blue realforce set for a little while, however because of lighting discrepancies between photos online, i'm finding it pretty hard know for sure which colourway i should be after

the best bet i think would be a milk blue, according to a this photo from dangwang (who i understand used to be around here, but is not anymore):

however this photo looks a little dark compared to others and the blue realforce set in front of me, and i don't know if that blue realforce key from the keychain is is the same shade (it probably is) so i'm not totally confident yet

if someone could advise me, or is fortunate enough to have both a blue realforce set (not sure if the esc key from the control+esc set is the same shade as the set) + a milk blue clack (or an F2, EK, etc that might match) that could post a side by side photo, i'd be eternally grateful  :-*

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: which blue Clack will match a blue Realforce set?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 20:19:37 »
F2 clack won't match the RF blue (RF blue is more like powder blue).  As you can see from the pic below, F2 clack is a shade darker (btw, F2 = Factory Second).  I believe CC made a lighter shade of clack for Topre.

Dan's milk blue is probably the closest you'll find.

« Last Edit: Mon, 30 May 2016, 20:22:28 by reaper »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline raymogi

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 20:29:37 »
If the Topre PBT blue spacebar is of any indication, I think milk blue is the closest as well.

Please feed my addiction.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 20:30:08 »
I have two F2 Blues that are different when putting them side by side, so I’d say that each F2 is different and not necessary an indication that it will not match. Unfortunately I don’t have a RF blue set to match though and I don’t even have the HHKB control esc set. I think probably BTCTopre is the authoritative blue guy as he was looking for a match as well.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 20:35:03 »
F2 clack won't match the RF blue (RF blue is more like powder blue).  As you can see from the pic below, F2 clack is a shade darker (btw, F2 = Factory Second).  I believe CC made a lighter shade of clack for Topre.

Show Image

hey board buddy :D

thank you for the photo! that pretty much rules out the F2

If the Topre PBT blue spacebar is of any indication, I think milk blue is the closest as well.

Show Image

ah! thank you! that looks really really close.

i have the blue pbt space bar and it's almost a perfect match (if not perfect) to the set, so even though that photo on my screen looks a little lighter than what i see in real life, seeing it match in that photo makes me pretty confident that that is what i'm after

I have two F2 Blues that are different when putting them side by side, so I’d say that each F2 is different and not necessary an indication that it will not match. Unfortunately I don’t have a RF blue set to match though and I don’t even have the HHKB control esc set. I think probably BTCTopre is the authoritative blue guy as he was looking for a match as well.

yeah it seems that while F2 blues are different (which is probably why they're F2's), they all seem darker than milk blues. it's hard to draw conclusions from individual photos though..
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 May 2016, 20:36:54 by nmur »

Offline raymogi

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 20:37:21 »

i have the blue pbt space bar and it's almost a perfect match (if not perfect) to the set, so even though that photo on my screen looks a little lighter than what i see in real life, seeing it match in that photo makes me pretty confident that that is what i'm after

There was a bit too much light on the top part of the photo anyway so the Clack should be a tad darker IRL. I've traded it away but I remember for sure it's VERY close to the spacebar.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 20:41:59 »

Show Image

hey board buddy :D

Show Image

thank you for the photo! that pretty much rules out the F2

YW and nice board!  Love that blue Reaper.  :thumb:
Din Eli

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 20:47:29 »

There was a bit too much light on the top part of the photo anyway so the Clack should be a tad darker IRL. I've traded it away but I remember for sure it's VERY close to the spacebar.

sweet, that sounds perfect

thanks everyone! now the search begins

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 20:55:13 »
Now the search begins

I wish you good luck in finding a milk blue Topre clack.   :)
Din Eli

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 20:59:59 »
Now the search begins

thank you  :)

from what i understand, it's not a super rare one, so i have high hopes.

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 03:04:44 »
Now the search begins

thank you  :)

good luck man. I was thinking of an f2 or milk blue for my white fox! excited to see some pics :D

from what i understand, it's not a super rare one, so i have high hopes.
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline btctopre

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 13:50:24 »
milk is going to be the closest of the more common blues (f2, milk, iono, ek, historic), but it's still several shades lighter and doesn't have a purple influence like the blue realforce set does. if this is going into a lower light setting, you'll likely be happy though.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 14:37:56 »
Whoa, Milk Blue on the Whitefox would be really close