geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] Tai-Hao White on Black and Vintage Alps

(1/4) > >>

Versaknight:
Hello thoccers,

I wanted an alps keyset for my custom so I have been in communication with taihao to expand their kitting to fit both modern and older vintage boards. They have agreed to do a GB run for 2 colourways: Vintage and WOB.  I initially just wanted to do a small run for the sgmk community but I noticed a lot of interest from international buyers so I have gotten the help of Hex keyboards to be a vendor for this groupbuy. Without further ado, here is the kitting:

Here are the details:
Group Buy Dates: Apr 15, 2022 - May 6, 2022

Pricing - $71 SGD (roughly 52 USD) (Shipped from Singapore)

LINK : https://hexkeyboards.com/products/taihao-cubic-alps-doubleshot-keycaps

Things to note:

1) These are taihao alps keycaps so they are thin doubleshot ABS keycaps as shown below:

2) Stabs: All the stabilized keys are going to be ALPS mount EXCEPT the spacebars and the BAE (The iso and ansi enters will be alps).
The 6.25u Spacebar is only going to support mx mount stabilizers while the 7u Alps will support both alps and costar (as shown in the above picture). The BAE is as shown below:

3) The control alt and shift will be coloured red, blue and green respectively in the vintage set as a homage to vintage alps boards that had this.

4) These are cubic profile and not cherry so please note the difference.

5) The lead time from taihao is expected to be 6 weeks after the groupbuy ends (so you'll have to add a couple of weeks more after to ship to singapore and then your location).

6) This is expected to be in-stock on taihao's website at a later date (price unconfirmed) so there will be other chances to buy it as well.

7) There are no renders since these are basic colours and I do not have the time or money to get someone to make custom models for cubic profile.

DESKMATS

None.

I hope that keycaps arent a limiting factor to people who want to try alps and alps style switches on customs.

suicidal_orange:
Approval bump :)

Ensaum:
Oh man. I wish you had gone with cherry stabs for all the stabilized caps :( This would have been an insta buy for me if you had.

Rob27shred:

--- Quote from: Ensaum on Fri, 15 April 2022, 08:28:08 ---Oh man. I wish you had gone with cherry stabs for all the stabilized caps :( This would have been an insta buy for me if you had.

--- End quote ---

While I agree with you I can see how it's a tough call to go one way or the other with stabs mounts on modern ALPS sets. Use traditional ALPS mount stabs & they need harvested from a board, use MX mount stabs & you're basically locked into a custom ALPS build to use the caps with. I am very happy to see that at least on the 7u space they give the option for both mounts. Gonna grab a set of these & will report back on how they are.

nu_types:

--- Quote from: Rob27shred on Fri, 15 April 2022, 10:03:10 ---
--- Quote from: Ensaum on Fri, 15 April 2022, 08:28:08 ---Oh man. I wish you had gone with cherry stabs for all the stabilized caps :( This would have been an insta buy for me if you had.

--- End quote ---

While I agree with you I can see how it's a tough call to go one way or the other with stabs mounts on modern ALPS sets. Use traditional ALPS mount stabs & they need harvested from a board, use MX mount stabs & you're basically locked into a custom ALPS build to use the caps with. I am very happy to see that at least on the 7u space they give the option for both mounts. Gonna grab a set of these & will report back on how they are.

--- End quote ---

Matias alps mount stabs are readily available. You don't necessarily have to harvest them from an old board.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version