geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[In-Stock] LM60/LM65- A 60/65% CNC aluminum gasket mount case/keyboard

(1/11) > >>

daviddgm:
LM60/LM65 Group Buy
UPDATE Nov/29 - Just a few LM65 available, If Will have demand we Will make the 4th round of them.

GB Name

LM60 - LM from initials letters of Liz Maria (My daughter's name. She is five years old and already help me with keycaps in buildings and like mechanical kerboards)

Inspiration

I started this hobby late, with mechanical keyboards in July/2020 and custom keyboards in May/2021. After mount my first custom keyboard, a KPrepublic PSD60, I desired to buy more two popular boards, Bakeneko60 and later Keychron Q1, but for both the final price would be double due the shipping fee and Customs fee. So I started to think on my own project. I tried to quote on the local market a glass case and after a marble powder case with Italian company that I already have business, but neither of them prospered. In Mar/2022 I designed this project of case to be made by CNC process and I contacted more than ten companies, the most of them quoted the price near to the same that I desire to sell. When I was thinking to giving up, I got excellent quotation price for the sample and for the bulk order. I have made the first sample in Apr/2022 and more a few samples, after little adjustments, in Jul/2022. Now I invite you to this group buy that have excellent cost benefit.

Start and End Date

Aug-10-2022 to Sep-07-2022

Estimated Fulfillment Date

1-2 months,  after GB ends. Q4 2022.

Details

* Case Angle: 6.5 degrees
* Mounting: Poron gasket mount
* Case Material: 6063 aluminum
* Making process: CNC - sandblast - anodizing
* Front Height: 19mm
* Back Height: 21mm (with chamfer) and 31mm (before chamfer)
* Weight: ~1300g and ~1840g (mounted with brass plate)
* Plate:  Aluminum, Brass or PC
* Gaskets: D65 poron gaskets (65x4x3mm)
* PCB Compability: GH60 style (GH60, DZ60, BM60, etc)
What is included

* Top and bottom aluminum parts
* Plate (aluminum, brass or polycarbonate)
* D65 Poron Gaskets
* M3 x 8mm screws
* Solder or Hotswap PCB (Optional)

Photos

Video - First sample with typing sound test

Typing test from customers.

GB Order Form and link

https://forms.gle/XJrSrG6avmgcapKK6

Price

USD 105 more shipping fee.

Best Regards,

Eng. David Martinz (and Liz Maria) - LM Keyboards

DirtyGingy:
glad to see the GB runs into next month so I don't have to miss it

Lovekb:
Great price. You have a lot of possibilities like adding brass weights and experiment with the design (not a fan of huge bezels), I'm interested in your future projects.

BlivionIaG:
Hi,

Could you please explain the shipping options ?
It's quite confusing, why paypal + ali is 125, but Paypal + dhl account has no pricing.
Also on the aliexpress store there is no option to do wkl except on grey 2.

daviddgm:
Hi!

The options Fedex/UPS/DHL do not include shipping fee, you need to have the shipping accounts (fee paid on delivery), but If you want DHL to pay on the order we can quote it to you.

Grey WKL is the "Grey 2". This Aliexpress Store is our partner/forwarder, he made this mistake when listed the item. If you choose Fedex/UPS/DHL the case Will be sent from the factory.

--- Quote from: BlivionIaG on Sun, 14 August 2022, 13:38:10 ---Hi,

Could you please explain the shipping options ?
It's quite confusing, why paypal + ali is 125, but Paypal + dhl account has no pricing.
Also on the aliexpress store there is no option to do wkl except on grey 2.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version