geekhack Community > Off Topic

They're probably already here.

<< < (2/3) > >>

phinix:
I think tp4 is one of them...
He now started a thread on one of the most known and popular forums on internet to check if humans know about his existence.
I'm telling you.
:D

Anyway, I could assume that they are or were here already, being here they must have been superior to us, and by that, they would have a rule not to interfere with our lives, so would never show themselves or "help" with some technological inventions to let us evolve faster etc
Other theory would be that they are somewhere there, but not evolved enough to travel the distance, same as us.

Findecanor:
If they are here then it is for assessing what kind of threat we are.

The fact that they have not revealed themselves is because they think we are going to destroy ourselves.

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: phinix on Tue, 16 August 2022, 03:31:57 ---Anyway, I could assume that they are or were here already, being here they must have been superior to us, and by that, they would have a rule not to interfere with our lives, so would never show themselves or "help" with some technological inventions to let us evolve faster etc
Other theory would be that they are somewhere there, but not evolved enough to travel the distance, same as us.

--- End quote ---

we may be projecting sci_fi,  whether they're "very" superior, or a "little" superior,  there's no galactic police that ensures they have a non_interference doctrine.  Life in the universe may be plentiful such that it hardly matters.

<or maybe> there is galactic police. There's no convincing evidence at this point it's one way or the other.

--- Quote from: phinix on Tue, 16 August 2022, 03:31:57 ---I think tp4 is one of them...
He now started a thread on one of the most known and popular forums on internet to check if humans know about his existence.
I'm telling you.
:D

--- End quote ---

LIEs.s....... Tp4 = 100% hughmahnnn..  he even eats hughmahn food (watermelon/onions), and do most of the hughmahnn activities.  (unfortunately)

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: phinix on Tue, 16 August 2022, 03:31:57 ---
not evolved enough to travel the distance

--- End quote ---

Would they "evolve" to exist outside of matter and space and time? There are many "anomalies" in space and time that we know about, and certainly many more that we don't (and may never) recognize or understand, but the vastness of the universe is sure (or almost sure) to be an insurmountable obstacle to interstellar travel.

We have fun writing science fiction about flying a space ship into a "wormhole" and popping out unscathed countless light years away, but even if there are valid stable wormholes, could a tin can full of fragile living organisms survive the journey through it? I don't see it.

And those gigantic inter-generational flying arks surviving centuries-long trips where even a grain of sand could rip right through it at near-light speeds - and are they not likely to encounter even tiny chunks of matter that would eventually erode any amount of shielding?

From where I sit, I just don't foresee visitation - but I can see communication as a possibility.

tp4tissue:
All the captain has to say is, Divert all power to forward shields,  those grains of sand wouldn't stand a chance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version