geekhack Community > Keyboards

Most tactile switch

(1/13) > >>

phinix:
I have, use and love my Zealios v2 78g switches.
However I was wondering if there is anything even more tactile?
I prefer bump starting from very top, no pre-travel.

Never tried those, but was considering them:

* Gazzew Boba U4T 68g
* Box Royal
* Durock T1s
* BKE Redux Heavy, or even maybe extreme?

HungerMechanic:
Zealio V2 are among the very most tactile stock switches, so there aren't many more tactile.

The U4T is pretty tactile, but it is more rounded than Zealio V2. It's a matter of preference. I wouldn't call it 'more tactile.' Just different.

The U4 Boba [silent U4T] is impressively tactile, like an EC, as the additional dampening creates more resistance. You can get them stock in 68 G.

T1s are a little less tactile than Zealio V2, IMHO. They are more rounded, and comparatively gentle [although still a large bump.] There are switches that feel like a toned-down T1, like SP Star Purple, but also once that feel 'enhanced.' Definitely try the Kiwi tactile if you can, it may feel like a T1 amped up by 10%.

Novelkeys was selling a 2-stage tactile in the past, the Blueberry. I think it was known for having a definite bump, and then a sort of second-stage. It was definitely a tactile that let you know you had pressed it. There is a similar switch known as the 'Kangaroo,' it has an upstroke bump as well, and you can buy it today. I'm not saying that Blueberry and Kangaroo are more intense than Zealio V2, but I'm saying that they should have a very noticeable tactile experience.

https://www.theremingoat.com/blog/gateron-kangaroo-ink-switch-review

The Kangaroo tactility might be a little more subtle than the Blueberry, which was unsubtle.

BOX Royal used to be known as a highly-tactile, maybe too tactile switch, but the Blueberries and others like it have given it a run for the money.

As always, if you want to go beyond the prescribed factory tactility, you will have to frankenswitch. There were all sorts of combinations like "MX Zilent" and "Zykos" and so on.

Apparently, somebody recently started producing something said to be the equivalent of 'factory Zykos,' so you might want to check that out.

Honourable mention to Huano Banana switches. They aren't as tactile as Zealio V2, but they are really, really snappy. And cheap, might want to purchase a can for $20 and try it out.

phinix:

--- Quote from: HungerMechanic on Fri, 22 October 2021, 13:08:57 ---Zealio V2 are among the very most tactile stock switches, so there aren't many more tactile.

The U4T is pretty tactile, but it is more rounded than Zealio V2. It's a matter of preference. I wouldn't call it 'more tactile.' Just different.

The U4 Boba [silent U4T] is impressively tactile, like an EC, as the additional dampening creates more resistance. You can get them stock in 68 G.

T1s are a little less tactile than Zealio V2, IMHO. They are more rounded, and comparatively gentle [although still a large bump.] There are switches that feel like a toned-down T1, like SP Star Purple, but also once that feel 'enhanced.' Definitely try the Kiwi tactile if you can, it may feel like a T1 amped up by 10%.

Novelkeys was selling a 2-stage tactile in the past, the Blueberry. I think it was known for having a definite bump, and then a sort of second-stage. It was definitely a tactile that let you know you had pressed it. There is a similar switch known as the 'Kangaroo,' it has an upstroke bump as well, and you can buy it today. I'm not saying that Blueberry and Kangaroo are more intense than Zealio V2, but I'm saying that they should have a very noticeable tactile experience.

https://www.theremingoat.com/blog/gateron-kangaroo-ink-switch-review

The Kangaroo tactility might be a little more subtle than the Blueberry, which was unsubtle.

BOX Royal used to be known as a highly-tactile, maybe too tactile switch, but the Blueberries and others like it have given it a run for the money.

As always, if you want to go beyond the prescribed factory tactility, you will have to frankenswitch. There were all sorts of combinations like "MX Zilent" and "Zykos" and so on.

Apparently, somebody recently started producing something said to be the equivalent of 'factory Zykos,' so you might want to check that out.

Honourable mention to Huano Banana switches. They aren't as tactile as Zealio V2, but they are really, really snappy. And cheap, might want to purchase a can for $20 and try it out.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your input:)
Sounds like my Zealios v2 78s might be max I can get.

Maybe this is all we can get cherry wise.

In the past I was topre lover and always had 55g keyboard. Sold them all while back, had a burn-out feeling, couldn't stand them anymore.
However I always wanted to try those BKE redux domes - even now I have a feeling that heavy ones, or even extreme could be something I'm trying to achieve.
I would like to have a switch that needs force to be pressed, strong bump resistance on top - maybe those topre domes would be something like that?

I know that heavy switches are tiring with long typing session, but thing is I do not type for longer than couple of minutes, so I'm not worried about it.
Maybe its time to try and find and buy Novatouch and swap domes? :)

HungerMechanic:
I have seen people selling BKE heavy domes, because they were too tactile.

So this might be the thing for you, if you are bored with 55 G Topre. Get those 65 G domes or something.

I've always wanted to try the 30, 35, and 42 G aftermarket domes, myself. I find 45 G just a little too inflated in weight. The 30 / 35 G in particular should be snappy but reasonable, from what I understand of the BKE redux domes.

I have a Niz 45 G that is pretty good, but I wouldn't mind converting to 30 G. The problem is that such conversions with the Niz are not easy, it's better to use a Topre board. So I should create a nice 30 G aftermarket Topre one day...

Here is a review of the Neapolitan switch, which is supposed to be a factory Zykos:

HungerMechanic:
There's also a brand-new switch called Cream Tactile, which is said to be extremely heavy:

(Personally, I think that they went in the exact opposite direction that they should have with that switch. Should have made it an MX Brown. BOX Cream already feels like a worn-in Browns, so they should have gone all the way...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version