Author Topic: What mice do you use?  (Read 396674 times)

Offline profanum429

Re: What mice do you use?
« Reply #850 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 15:52:11 »
Logitech G303. The size and weight is perfect for me.

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #851 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 23:12:59 »
My Castor just arrived today.

I always thought my Mionix was the best feeling mouse in my hand, but it felt designed for a palm grip, and before the Naos I was mainly a claw gripper. The Castor is perfect for claw grip for me. Although I have seen other opinions that it doesn't suit the claw grip, it definitely works amazingly for me. I don't know how they made the mouse feel this good.
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #852 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 03:40:06 »
My Castor just arrived today.

I always thought my Mionix was the best feeling mouse in my hand, but it felt designed for a palm grip, and before the Naos I was mainly a claw gripper. The Castor is perfect for claw grip for me. Although I have seen other opinions that it doesn't suit the claw grip, it definitely works amazingly for me. I don't know how they made the mouse feel this good.

Even though I don't think the Castor is bad, I still thing their Avior is iconic. And now that they DISCONTINUED the Avior, discontinued all of their products actually except for the Naos QC... I'm bailing on Mionix.

I'm now considering the G403, which is basically Avior/Intellimouse shape a bit tilted to the right with the PWM3366.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #853 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 05:09:15 »
what do you think of zowie mice?

currently using a g502, I really like this, especially the scroll... the weight needed some time

i came from using a roccat kone xtd and i still miss that shape on my hand.

is there a zowie equivalent to roccat kone xtd? (i know they are still available) but in my country/city the price is tpp steep (2x the price i paid for 2-3 years ago) and im not so sure about warranty claims because stocks are limited.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #854 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 06:30:37 »
This:
Speaking of Zowie, I have a problem with them. I've owned a couple of their ambidextrous mice, and the "no-bs" approach appeals to me, but…

All they do is copy classic shell designs (from Microsoft and Logitech), throw generic (although well-regarded) electronics in the mix, and overcharge for this. Actually, I wouldn't mind—I don't need most gimmicks anyway—if their customer service and quality control matched the price. Sadly, that's not the case in practice. Their current recall on models with Omron switches smells like TrulyErgonomic-level bull****, and it's not even the first time they've done this either… remember the 2013 recall, caused by coating issues? Basically, they've managed to **** up an equivalent of $10 OEM mice and sell it for about five times as much. In addition, the reports on quality of their customer service aren't clearly positive either.
So, yeah…
The new Kone EMP is apparently superb.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #855 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 06:59:33 »

And it's 2017 ready with all those rgb leds! Would go great with a tempered glass rgb leds build.

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #856 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 10:36:44 »
This:
Speaking of Zowie, I have a problem with them. I've owned a couple of their ambidextrous mice, and the "no-bs" approach appeals to me, but…

All they do is copy classic shell designs (from Microsoft and Logitech), throw generic (although well-regarded) electronics in the mix, and overcharge for this. Actually, I wouldn't mind—I don't need most gimmicks anyway—if their customer service and quality control matched the price. Sadly, that's not the case in practice. Their current recall on models with Omron switches smells like TrulyErgonomic-level bull****, and it's not even the first time they've done this either… remember the 2013 recall, caused by coating issues? Basically, they've managed to **** up an equivalent of $10 OEM mice and sell it for about five times as much. In addition, the reports on quality of their customer service aren't clearly positive either.
So, yeah…

Thanks!

Does the new kone emp make use of a plastic scroll wheel? that's the only part that broke on my xtd, everything else is still fine.

Offline latvianclacker

« Reply #857 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 11:07:58 »
My Logitech M500 just broke down after about 3-4 year usage, so now I'm stuck with my wireless logitech mouse which is literally squeaking in my hand. It's bad :D

I would really appreciate an advice on a mouse that does not require a running software app (that saves it's RGB colors and modes on a mouse), maybe has a RGB and is around 50$ (please consider the fact that I'm from Eastern Europe, we don't have all the mice that US has, only the most popular and they are more expensive :D )

Right now I am considering Corsair Harpoon RGB - Is it going to be a waste of money?

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #858 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 02:58:44 »
My Logitech M500 just broke down after about 3-4 year usage, so now I'm stuck with my wireless logitech mouse which is literally squeaking in my hand. It's bad :D

I would really appreciate an advice on a mouse that does not require a running software app (that saves it's RGB colors and modes on a mouse), maybe has a RGB and is around 50$ (please consider the fact that I'm from Eastern Europe, we don't have all the mice that US has, only the most popular and they are more expensive :D )

Right now I am considering Corsair Harpoon RGB - Is it going to be a waste of money?
Does it have to have RGB?

Offline latvianclacker

« Reply #859 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 04:25:36 »

Does it have to have RGB?
The Corsair Harpoon has Corsair logo with RGB lighting on i. That's about it. RGB is not that important, but would be nice to have it :)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #860 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 10:17:02 »
Does the new kone emp make use of a plastic scroll wheel? that's the only part that broke on my xtd, everything else is still fine.
It should be the "titan" wheel like on the other mice.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #861 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 17:55:14 »
Since as of today... G403. ****ING AMAZING. Except for the curvature at the bottom... stupid.

Sensor soooo much better than PWM3310. AMAZIN.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #862 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 18:08:09 »
Since as of today... G403. ****ING AMAZING. Except for the curvature at the bottom... stupid.

That mouse looks legit....would you say your 360 no-scope-get-gud-tea-bag ratio has increased as a direct result??

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #863 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 18:09:44 »

That mouse looks legit....would you say your 360 no-scope-get-gud-tea-bag ratio has increased as a direct result??

honestly, I'm noob. Still picking up FPS (BF4). Just tried osu... I SUCK. I don't even know how to not fail! HELLP

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #864 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 04:47:42 »
i'm looking to build my ergopwn wireless based on the g403 wireless..

Kind of a big investment..

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #865 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 04:51:16 »

What is ergopwn?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #866 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 05:00:00 »

What is ergopwn?

i built the ergopwn 9000 below in my sig using logitech g303 w 3366 sensor..

ergopwn 10k will be wireless.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #867 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 05:15:23 »

What is ergopwn?

I guess you like them coz otherwise you won't make / mod them.

Anyway, we have them at the office too. But I really hate them, they don't feel comfortable at all in my hand.

But I guess YMMV and if you are RSI-prone or already have it, it is a great relief to be able to have such mice.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #868 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 06:23:27 »

What is ergopwn?

Anyway, we have them at the office too. But I really hate them, they don't feel comfortable at all in my hand.

But I guess YMMV and if you are RSI-prone or already have it, it is a great relief to be able to have such mice.

So the reason Prophylaxis has become much larger a societal pursuit , is directly due to our increasing life-span..

Since you are a relatively young person today,  you could imagine possibly adding even a few years to your current projected span..

Hands and hand health is overlooked..  many many old people have reduced function in their hands and  as far as living in the human world..  Hand capability is second only to sight..

So you take your wrist..   Now turn it counter-clockwise as hard as you can,  ANY mouse that you could be using  is the --light version-- of doing that to your hand..   It's not good for it, and only a matter of time before that hand becomes semi-crippled.. 

---This is especially accelerated by the only increased computer use as we move ahead..

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #869 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 06:27:36 »

What is ergopwn?

So the reason Prophylaxis has become much larger a societal pursuit , is directly due to our increasing life-span..

Since you are a relatively young person today,  you could imagine possibly adding even a few years to your current projected span..

Hands and hand health is overlooked..  many many old people have reduced function in their hands and  as far as living in the human world..  Hand capability is second only to sight..

So you take your wrist..   Now turn it counter-clockwise as hard as you can,  ANY mouse that you could be using  is the --light version-- of doing that to your hand..   It's not good for it, and only a matter of time before that hand becomes semi-crippled.. 

---This is especially accelerated by the only increased computer use as we move ahead..

Yeah I can see that, you're probably right. But that still doesn't take away the fact that I really don't like the position of those mice, it just feels weird. But perhaps it just takes getting used to and it's much better after that.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #870 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 07:29:06 »

Yeah I can see that, you're probably right. But that still doesn't take away the fact that I really don't like the position of those mice, it just feels weird. But perhaps it just takes getting used to and it's much better after that.

Many of life's situations are hindered by our psychological protection mechanism.

For example, If I just tell someone that they're wasting their time with the Brand New $400 Aluminum flat keyboard they just bought..    Against all of the physical characteristics or potential benefits of the ergonomic keyboard,  THAT person has to face the reality to MENTALLY abandon his most recent , Large purchase ..

$400 is alot of money to some people, and , to accept that uncorrectable reality that this was a waste of their efforts is tremendously stressful..

Because this threat to their mental stability Far exceeds the immediate improvement of their -Hand health- which is a problem either unforeseen or projected to occur much later..   They will arguably CORRECTLY choose to protect their own psychological balance.. rather than rationally re-evaluate their keyboard Mistake..

So, I say to you iLLucionist, as someone who can understand and at least be open on the subject of psychological-self-balming-delusions..     PERHAPS you are amidst of this common psychosis,   which from the third person perspective is only impeding you from moving more --quickly-- onto a superior Mousing and keyboard platform..

Because --iLLuscionist-- recently acquired a G403,  he can not simply Accept that it may be for naught,  therefore he has to emphasize the negative weight of his short and potentially inadequate memory of previous vertical mouse trials..

Thereby protecting his current mental stability, without having to face the reality of having made a sub-optimal decision.

Accepting change and mistakes quickly is for the mentally strong..  and if we treat this as a skill.. You could see how this would be tremendously efficient and powerful in competition to other human adversaries you'd face in the future. !!

And so my explanation here is 2 different gifts to you..  The mouse, and the path to Cognitive dominance. //Friend.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #871 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 14:00:51 »

Many of life's situations are hindered by our psychological protection mechanism.

For example, If I just tell someone that they're wasting their time with the Brand New $400 Aluminum flat keyboard they just bought..    Against all of the physical characteristics or potential benefits of the ergonomic keyboard,  THAT person has to face the reality to MENTALLY abandon his most recent , Large purchase ..

$400 is alot of money to some people, and , to accept that uncorrectable reality that this was a waste of their efforts is tremendously stressful..

Because this threat to their mental stability Far exceeds the immediate improvement of their -Hand health- which is a problem either unforeseen or projected to occur much later..   They will arguably CORRECTLY choose to protect their own psychological balance.. rather than rationally re-evaluate their keyboard Mistake..

So, I say to you iLLucionist, as someone who can understand and at least be open on the subject of psychological-self-balming-delusions..     PERHAPS you are amidst of this common psychosis,   which from the third person perspective is only impeding you from moving more --quickly-- onto a superior Mousing and keyboard platform..

Because --iLLuscionist-- recently acquired a G403,  he can not simply Accept that it may be for naught,  therefore he has to emphasize the negative weight of his short and potentially inadequate memory of previous vertical mouse trials..

Thereby protecting his current mental stability, without having to face the reality of having made a sub-optimal decision.

Accepting change and mistakes quickly is for the mentally strong..  and if we treat this as a skill.. You could see how this would be tremendously efficient and powerful in competition to other human adversaries you'd face in the future. !!

And so my explanation here is 2 different gifts to you..  The mouse, and the path to Cognitive dominance. //Friend.

You refer to two different psychological processes. One is cognitive dissonance, which is this "psychological protection mechanism". Second, this psychological balance of having to admin you are "wrong" refers to ego threat, which invokes self-presentation goals (Leary et al.).

I'm not against those mice. They may be great. I'm only pointing out that those that I've tried simply sucked. Which may be related to the shape and/or sensor in those. I don't know which they supply at my office but I can guarantee you it's cheap junk. Recently I'm supplied with a <= 250 nits TN panel with PWM at the office, so I can't imagine they have proper mice in the light of that information.

Also, what is "ergonomically correct" for you, still may not work. Think of all those "ergonomic chair". Or worse, those "recommended ergonomical work positions" (like 90 degrees elbow, look slightly down on screen, etc.). My point is, everybody's body is slightly different and thus the "average" rule may not apply.

That said, I don't know if I'd like a proper vertical mouse. Never had a proper one.

Likewise, I prefer "horizontal mice" but if you were to give me one from Trust or some other crap brand, I'd probably hate regular mice as well.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #872 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 14:30:20 »

$400? pfft, I wish. I just dropped $600 and I don't have caps or switches for it yet :D

Offline Jaymanlp

« Reply #873 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 12:38:49 »
Currently using a Mionix Castor. First high end mouse I've had and it's a wonder to use.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #874 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 05:52:36 »
I have got a new device at work, this MX Master in beige / white color. I have used before for a few years a G500, which I also have at home. At work I also use sometimes the pen of my Wacom tablet as mouse, which works more or less good, and an Evoluent vertical mouse (but maybe only 2-3 days per month).

For the first day using it I really have to adapt its shape to my hand. But this will be better over time for sure. The scroll wheel has its own life! I have not played with any settings so far. The clearance of the plastics is not so OK everywhere, I think it can be seen in the pictures.

These are all 'mice' together, and the MX Master replaces the G500; the glossy solver finish on the vertical mouse is really ****ty:

« Last Edit: Tue, 25 April 2017, 07:56:50 by madhias »
... ...

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #875 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 11:47:21 »
Still using my G403.. I should have done this waaaay earlier. It's waaay better than the Avior 7000 I've been using previously.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #876 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 21:48:21 »
Still using my G403.. I should have done this waaaay earlier. It's waaay better than the Avior 7000 I've been using previously.

//Cut it up !!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #877 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 21:50:14 »
I have got a new device at work, this MX Master in beige / white color. I have used before for a few years a G500, which I also have at home. At work I also use sometimes the pen of my Wacom tablet as mouse, which works more or less good, and an Evoluent vertical mouse (but maybe only 2-3 days per month).

For the first day using it I really have to adapt its shape to my hand. But this will be better over time for sure. The scroll wheel has its own life! I have not played with any settings so far. The clearance of the plastics is not so OK everywhere, I think it can be seen in the pictures.

Show Image

Show Image

These are all 'mice' together, and the MX Master replaces the G500; the glossy solver finish on the vertical mouse is really ****ty:

Show Image

I had no idea they sell a white one, i have a black one. racist!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #878 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 22:47:56 »

Black one obviously tracks faster...

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #879 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 00:21:53 »

//Cut it up !!

I suppose iLLucionst could write a little nice review of zeh G403.. The mouse is great! And I know a lot mice. As a matter of fact, I know THE best mice in the country and I can say by far, the G403 is the best.

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #880 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 00:34:17 »
Any of you keep up with sales? i am looking for a mice for my dad. Feel really bad hes using a ball mice from 2000's...
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #881 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 01:03:37 »
Any of you keep up with sales? i am looking for a mice for my dad. Feel really bad hes using a ball mice from 2000's...

Gonna buy him an IntelliMouse?

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #882 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 01:11:44 »

...but the white one more precise in desktop publishing or office work. Damn, eveything sounds racist now!

What is correct in English language: mouse or mice? A single one, not more.
... ...

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #883 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 01:14:11 »

...but the white one more precise in desktop publishing or office work. Damn, eveything sounds racist now!

What is correct in English language: mouse or mice? A single one, not more.

MX Master Usain Bolt edition © ?

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #884 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 03:19:33 »

Gonna buy him an IntelliMouse?

Looking to get a gaming mice for him.

Saw the logitech g502 on sale at best buy for 39.99... However, cant find one anywhere near me.

Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #885 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 06:43:43 »

um..

well is his computer at least from 2013 ?

Don't use computers from before 2013

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #886 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 16:07:42 »

um..

well is his computer at least from 2013 ?

Don't use computers from before 2013

coz why? My MacBook Pro is from 2010. I am replacing that though with a new X1 Carbon.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #887 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 16:18:01 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #888 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 03:12:02 »

Show Image

there's 2x racist in there.. faster and  track.. 

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #889 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 04:51:01 »

I'm not racist. I treat everyone equally the same, whether they are black, asian, or normal. // joke

But really.. this gender / race thing in 2016-2017 went too far.

Show Image

there's 2x racist in there.. faster and  track..

Offline ykilroy

« Reply #890 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 22:43:11 »
mx - anywhere 2

I'm very satisfied with this mouse for stable connection and fast response.
Linger, Al-65, M5-92, LSv2

Offline mrduul

« Reply #891 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 04:17:37 »
Logitech G9x, discontinued. Amazing mouse.

Bought 10, all in my closet. They go for $300 now.

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #892 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 08:30:14 »
I quit using my G9x a few years ago because it was making a high-pitched whine. I could hear it from across the room. Whenever I moved the mouse, it would change pitch. Quite distracting.
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline dante

« Reply #893 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 13:30:54 »
I'm still using my Microsoft WMO from a few years ago.  I still like it!  When/If it dies I'll probably buy another one immediately.

Offline mrduul

« Reply #894 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 16:46:11 »
I quit using my G9x a few years ago because it was making a high-pitched whine. I could hear it from across the room. Whenever I moved the mouse, it would change pitch. Quite distracting.

Never had that happen ever, have used about 5 now.

Bizarre!!!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #895 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 00:35:38 »
I'm still using my Microsoft WMO from a few years ago.  I still like it!  When/If it dies I'll probably buy another one immediately.

So true, the mouse to which all others is compared too, even now during 2017.

I bought a whole box of them and they will last till I'm dead and buried.  Trouble is that the WMO is loved with a whole lot of other mice models made and sold today.

I don't have an all time fave mouse because it depends upon the time and my mood, when I post anything here on GH Central.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #896 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 00:37:40 »

Bizarre!!!

That's weird because I've got 8 of them and they all work quietly, no noise at all. 

The Mrs has one in her room and loves it to bits, the free scroll wheel is the best feature of that model  :thumb: .

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #897 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 02:51:19 »

Bizarre!!!

That's weird because I've got 8 of them and they all work quietly, no noise at all. 

The Mrs has one in her room and loves it to bits, the free scroll wheel is the best feature of that model  :thumb: .

Probably has a bad capacitor making some noise. Unfortunately, it was bad enough that I just couldn't use it anymore.

The G9x was a fantastic mouse in its day but it is definitely dated. I think some of the PWM3366 mice have it beat for sure. A lot of Logitech mice still have the free scroll wheel but you no longer need to flip the mouse over and hit a button on the bottom to switch back and forth between free and detent modes. I never used that feature on the G9x because it just isn't convenient to constantly flip the mouse over when you need to switch scroll wheel modes.
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #898 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 12:13:20 »
Probably has a bad capacitor making some noise. Unfortunately, it was bad enough that I just couldn't use it anymore.
…and it was extremely common on high-end laser mice at the time.

Bizarre!!!
Well, that's simple. What's your upper hearing limit?

Offline mrduul

« Reply #899 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 12:17:08 »

Bizarre!!!

The G9x was a fantastic mouse in its day but it is definitely dated. I think some of the PWM3366 mice have it beat for sure. A lot of Logitech mice still have the free scroll wheel but you no longer need to flip the mouse over and hit a button on the bottom to switch back and forth between free and detent modes. I never used that feature on the G9x because it just isn't convenient to constantly flip the mouse over when you need to switch scroll wheel modes.

It is a different grip tho, That is more "Palm style" while I am more "Claw" grip.

I have looked high and low, the G9x in it's form factor is one of a kind. The DPI is fine.

Nothing is dated about the mouse. Just like nothing is dated about a IBM Model F and are still sought after.

Older tech usually has better build quality.