Author Topic: What mice do you use?  (Read 396689 times)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: What mice do you use?
« Reply #900 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 12:37:45 »
G9x had horrific membrane switches under all but main buttons. The braided cable had certain problems—with braiding. The sensor sucked (and I don't mean the overplayed "acceleration" but rather jitter at resolution above ca. 2000 dpi). Some whined.

Offline mrduul

« Reply #901 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 12:42:52 »
Ok you give me a list of mouses similar to it's shape.

Because membrane switches, braided cable and the sensor I have never had issues with.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #902 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 13:33:24 »
Oh, the classic "works for me" fallacy.

Ok you give me a list of mouses similar to it's shape.
Which out of the four anyway?

Offline mrduul

« Reply #903 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 15:10:17 »
Fallacy!!! very interesting take on someones opinion.

Is everything you say suppose to be fact?

Please.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #904 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 15:28:30 »
You said:
Older tech usually has better build quality.
That's a (a) hasty generalization (it's not monotone decline over time), (b) survivorship bias…

The G9x has fairly objective shortcomings, such as the membrane switches that are very stiff, have limited lifespan and cannot be easily replaced (and it case of the side buttons, they hard to use without grips and wiggly with them). Or the sensor jitters even at approximately half its max. resolution. Those are things, that have generally improved in mice over the last few years. And they're typically measurable.

Offline mrduul

« Reply #905 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 16:03:33 »
From hands on experience with the mouse,

I am just letting you know my G9x is going 7 years strong with NO issues, no sensor issues at all. The grip has some wear but they are removable and replaced with other grips.

Got it when I was 20, I am 27 now. Love it, I got 10 in my closet. I am set for life, no regrets.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #906 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 16:19:28 »
Why do you even haven ten of them in the closet, if the "older tech" is so good quality? /s

Offline mrduul

« Reply #907 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 17:10:57 »
OCD? Multiple computers in my home?

Let's just say i'm crazy.

Offline zurikade

• Math Always Wins.
« Reply #908 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 17:17:47 »
After more than ten years using the same incredible Logitech MX518, I saw the Logitech G602 and immediately knew it would be my replacement. It is a truly incredible mouse, wireless, or not. I have never had an issue with input lag, and I change the batteries one every two months. I never turn it off. I'm dumb. 

I use an Extended Glorious Modular mousepad, and wrist rest. Highly, highly recommended. I also went back to the MX518 a few weeks ago and can confirm it still works perfectly. For me, I started to peel some of the covering off, and in my OCD nature, it became unbearable to play with any longer.

Logitech MX518: https://www.amazon.ca/Gaming-Grade-Optical-Mouse-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B0007Z1M50
Logitech G602: http://gaming.logitech.com/en-ca/product/g602-wireless-gaming-mouse[/url]
Keyboard wrist pad: https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/glorious-mechanical-keyboard-gaming-wrist-pad-rest-black-thick
Mouse wrist pad: https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/glorious-gaming-mouse-wrist-pad-rest

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #909 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 20:45:10 »
It is a different grip tho, That is more "Palm style" while I am more "Claw" grip.

I have looked high and low, the G9x in it's form factor is one of a kind. The DPI is fine.

Nothing is dated about the mouse. Just like nothing is dated about a IBM Model F and are still sought after.

Older tech usually has better build quality.

I wasn't bashing the G9x or anything. As I said, I had one and it was a great mouse but I think it's been superseded by some better mice now. Obviously there are no mice that have exactly the same shape. The same could be said about any other mouse. If you prefer its shape, then the G9x is the mouse for you.

The G9x has fairly objective shortcomings, such as the membrane switches that are very stiff, have limited lifespan and cannot be easily replaced (and it case of the side buttons, they hard to use without grips and wiggly with them). Or the sensor jitters even at approximately half its max. resolution. Those are things, that have generally improved in mice over the last few years. And they're typically measurable.

I also had issues with the grips. They never quite fit right and I always had to jam shims under them to get the side buttons to line up and work properly. The outer coating started peeling off a couple months after using it and from what I understand that's fairly common with this mouse.

I'm a big fan of the G900. It fits my fingertip grip and it is very light. Its gently sloped sides make it easy to lift and reposition which I tend to do a lot. After calibrating, its liftoff distance is <1mm. Combined with a PMW3366 sensor, all mechanical switches and near perfect wireless, it's pretty much the perfect mouse for me.

Just out of curiosity, I might pull out my G9x to do a direct comparison. Maybe try to capture the sound of the cap whine.
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline mrduul

« Reply #910 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 21:12:52 »
I would like to see that compare side by side.

Also what anime is your avatar from?

Thanks

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #911 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 00:09:53 »
Also what anime is your avatar from?

Kurumi from Date A Live

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #912 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 04:48:32 »
Why do you even haven ten of them in the closet, if the "older tech" is so good quality? /s

It's called BACKUP sunshine, look it up.

At work here we have over 276 heavy duty vehicles all built superbly by Caterpillar, that can carry anywhere between 200 to 400 tons each.

With all of these vehicles thousands of parts are provided at our local warehouse and each truck needs a minimum of 4 backup parts.  So according to your idiot logic, no one needs extra parts due to using anything, out here in a 24 hour a day operation it's vital and no downtime is allowed under any circumstance.

That is why I have several numbers of the same model, used as back up whether it be keyboards or mice.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #913 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 05:00:35 »
Yeah, because there's no difference between running a large business, and procrastinating on forums from home. /s

Risk assessment…

Offline mrduul

« Reply #914 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 05:21:57 »
It's about consistency for a long period of time. Just in case SOMETHING DID HAPPEN, I got multiple spares, for multiple computers.

I don't want to search for a mouse anymore.

I searched for years for the perfect mouse in my early 20s, I found one and was satisfied (still satisfied 7 years later)

Every single time someone thinks a new mouse dethroned the G9x I bought it, tried it, returned it. The G9x is like a glove that fits just right.

Some people buy 10 black shirts and the same jeans because it's easier to have a consist thing that works every day.

Steve jobs did this with his clothing so does Obama. Consistency. Consistency. Consistency. Consistency.

A quote from jobs

"The funny thing with decisions is that when you make them, you actually expend mental energy. If you make too many decisions in too short a time frame, you significantly reduce your decision-making ability." This is known as decision fatigue.

https://medium.com/personal-growth/why-steve-jobs-wore-the-same-outfit-every-day-f792072f7ecf

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jacquelynsmith/2012/10/05/steve-jobs-always-dressed-exactly-the-same-heres-who-else-does/#2fa02835f53d

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #915 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 05:39:10 »
Every single time someone thinks a new mouse dethroned the G9x I bought it, tried it, returned it. The G9x is like a glove that fits just right.

You may just be really used to its shape after using it for seven years. Each time I've tried a new mouse, it's always kind of clumsy and uncomfortable at first until I get used to it. It takes a couple weeks of use for the brain to acclimate to the new shape (with a couple notable exceptions in my case).

I find the same thing happens in the headphone hobby, and even in keyboards to some extent. Hence the whole "you have to use the HHKB for a couple of weeks to truly appreciate it" adage.

Offline mrduul

« Reply #916 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 05:50:40 »
Yes you are right.

Maybe my hand formed into the G9x LOL.  ;D

I will have to give the HHKB a serious try one of these days.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #917 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 06:14:25 »
It's about consistency for a long period of time. Just in case SOMETHING DID HAPPEN, I got multiple spares, for multiple computers.

I don't want to search for a mouse anymore.

I searched for years for the perfect mouse in my early 20s, I found one and was satisfied (still satisfied 7 years later)

Some people buy 10 black shirts and the same jeans because it's easier to have a consist thing that works every day.

Steve jobs did this with his clothing so does Obama. Consistency. Consistency. Consistency. Consistency.

A quote from jobs

"The funny thing with decisions is that when you make them, you actually expend mental energy. If you make too many decisions in too short a time frame, you significantly reduce your decision-making ability." This is known as decision fatigue.
On a related note, Jobs' consistent (and stupid) diet also significantly contributed to his health condition—and death.

That's actually somewhat relevant here, because lack of variance in motions and grips puts load and strain on the same body parts, which may result in certain overuse-related injuries in the long term.

I will have to give the HHKB a serious try one of these days.
Jeez…

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
« Reply #918 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 13:15:25 »
MX Master, Zowie EC-1(All time favorite), Logitech G502, Razer Mamba Torniment Edition.

Offline Blanched_Almond

« Reply #919 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 05:43:24 »
magic mouse for imac :0)

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #920 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 14:41:30 »
Currently switched my long time daily G602 to the Corsair M65 RGB Pro and loving it thus far, A Rubber armed Mouse bungee makes all the difference in the world with a wired mouse.

No bungee = ULTRA drag feels like ****

Metal arm bungee still slightly too much drag feeling

Rubber armed Bungee = Feels like a personal assistant holding the cord giving you just enough slack with no drag
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #921 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 06:19:03 »
Currently switched my long time daily G602 to the Corsair M65 RGB Pro and loving it thus far, A Rubber armed Mouse bungee makes all the difference in the world with a wired mouse.

No bungee = ULTRA drag feels like ****

Metal arm bungee still slightly too much drag feeling

Rubber armed Bungee = Feels like a personal assistant holding the cord giving you just enough slack with no drag
Where would you recommend picking up a rubber armed bungee?

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #922 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 06:55:02 »
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XRYVW2L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the one I use, Prime eligible under 15 shipped and has a USB 2.0 hub.  The rubber is so soft I often forget the mouse is corded which coming from me means a good bit, as usually cords drive me INSANE on mice.
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #923 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 06:57:07 »
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XRYVW2L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the one I use, Prime eligible under 15 shipped and has a USB 2.0 hub.  The rubber is so soft I often forget the mouse is corded which coming from me means a good bit, as usually cords drive me INSANE on mice.
Wow, that's pretty cheap. Thanks!

Offline Auk

« Reply #924 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 07:09:10 »
If you didn't already consider it, some gamers strip the braid from their mouse cables to make it lighter and freer.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #925 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 07:38:09 »
If you didn't already consider it, some gamers strip the braid from their mouse cables to make it lighter and freer.

Iv'e tried mice with pure rubber cables as well and have reviewed several from the Deathadder to the Steelseries rival etc and iv'e found (personally) be it braided or rubber makes little difference.  It still exhibits excessive drag without a bungee and still unacceptable drag with a traditional bungee the rubberized bungee is the only solution I have found to my own comfort levels.  Without it I would likely still insist on wireless or bust.
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #926 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 07:49:14 »

Iv'e tried mice with pure rubber cables as well and have reviewed several from the Deathadder to the Steelseries rival etc and iv'e found (personally) be it braided or rubber makes little difference.  It still exhibits excessive drag without a bungee and still unacceptable drag with a traditional bungee the rubberized bungee is the only solution I have found to my own comfort levels.  Without it I would likely still insist on wireless or bust.
The Xtrfy XG-M2 I'm using atm has a braided cable and I hate it.
It drags against the edge of the mouse pad and sometimes would even get stuck. I had to add tape to the edge of the mousepad for it not to do it.
I'll consider stripping it.

Offline Auk

« Reply #927 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 08:08:03 »
I haven't stripped the braid off my mouse cables yet, but it is definitely an annoyance when it catches on the edge of the pad so I did consider it. The only thing that stopped me was a plan to sell my mouse for something different.

One alternative solution I had was to run a USB extension to near the desk, mounted on a small metal hook 2' - 3' above. With the mouse cable plugged into that it can leave enough slack floating to stop it catching. Ungainly looking but it works pretty well.

If you've got room for a bungee they can work really well, but each small improvement you make can add up to a much more pleasant experience overall.

Offline Gouty

« Reply #928 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 09:13:37 »
I have a G9, best mouse I have owned.  Don't like the look of more modern ones.

Offline Treasure

• Industrial Designer / Inventor / Maker
    • Design & Eng
« Reply #929 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 03:17:56 »
I have a Logitech MX master.
Bluetooth (Non dongle required, great if you only have 1 usb port), Good looking, nice battery life

Offline typo

« Reply #930 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 05:34:24 »
I had made a post which did not attract any interest above this currently. I see many of you are hardcore. Using Linux with 2 button ball mice Etc. I am relegated to the Microsoft platform but I consider myself no less hardcore. A gaming moust just happens to have he button count I can make use of. Plus many have sensors with enough DPI to glide across 3 32" displays without any acceleration. I hardly game but I do not enjoy acceleration or moving the windows slider above 5.

I saw someone much earlier in this thread said in bold colors that the G903 is the best Etc. It is not the best if it does not work for you from an ergonomic standpoint. That should be first and foremost ones criteria for choosing their rodent friend. That is probably why many of you use small, classic mice and trackballs/points. For me I find no better than the G502. Which incidentally is mentioned in this thread much more than the G903, G90 and G700 combined. It does every single thing the G903 does with the same sensor. Albeit with a cord which is a tossup. Neither are corded or cordless perfect IMO. I do not get hung up though. It glides smoothly. I actually appreciate the weight and place the weight in the G903. Feels to me hollow and cheap. the only plus with the G502 was them not being concerned with weight. the wheel will spin longer due to the higher mass creating more inertia.

My issue with Logitech's cordless mice is the height due to the batter making them uncomfortable for me. plus I prefer dedicated right hand. You are most likely going to lose usage of Two buttons on the G903 with either hand. Hence the dummy caps. I use a low claw grip but low enough to be bothered by the "bump". I know many of you would not even delve into a mouse this advanced but really any pointing device whatsoever is subjective. The G502 fit's me best from the current crop. with the G402 being to low. The MX518 was honestly better for me or even The G9x. I personally feel either way that Logitech is at the tp of the current game as far as manufacturers go, Plus their CS is stellar.  I have many mice and Trackballs but this is what I am using right now. It is not perfect but it shall suffice. I do not feel you can say the G903 is better being virtually the same thing hardware wise but that again is subjective. It depends what fits your hand, and offers the features you wish for. they are basically Two different approaches to something very similar. I can completely see why some may prefer one or the other but I could not say one is clearly "better" than the other since from a hardware standpoint they offer exactly the same thing. Heavy Vs. lite Etc then comes into play which is all subjective. there are many choices from many manufacturers both old and vintage. Ultimately this will boil down to what appeals to you.

while we were on the topic I wonder what happened to that large metal trackpad that I think was made by Logitech. I will go check if they still have it. some at the time stated it could cause RSI but like a mouse cannot. I however, have had no trouble in many years.

I find the hump in the MX master too big as well, go figure. It is a very nice business oriented mouse however. You may just get more out of a gaming mouse but once again that is completely subjective.  am surprised this thread is so many pages. Since this is really a personal item we are speaking of and will strictly depend on each individual. That is evidenced by how many different devices you can find mentioned herein.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #931 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 09:13:31 »
I had made a post which did not attract any interest above this currently.

Man... No one's going to want to read walls of text when there are many responses to read.

Offline typo

« Reply #932 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 13:45:38 »
You know I saw a lot of people complained about big pics too. What do you call high bandwidth? I am on 1mbit. I do understand I get carried away though. It is a problem with typing nearly 200WPM lol. I am not being a jerk. At that speed before I know it a page is full. I will try to limit myself. Sorry.

Offline typo

« Reply #933 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 08:58:42 »
Something else interesting. I am not bashing the 903, I wish I could use it. People are misinformed that the 903 has better buttons. It does however have a different configuration. Therefore, if you tap it very fast and jump off it they chatter. The 502 absolutely does not do this. So much for better buttons. Since I can see those of you that play FPS doing such a thing often. If you are right handed I would highly recommend the 502 but it is up to each individual. It is not really heavier because it has lower friction. Plus cordless is not even allowed in tournament play. So that should tell you something about wireless regardless of what they say. It does in fact glitch, lag periodically

Rom, I apologize if this too is long as well. I have nothing against you really I am sure others share your sentiment. On the other hand I dot have to, nor did I read 20 pages of "What is your favorite mouse". I suppose there are bigger Geeks than myself If you can fathom. I mean I do wear a pen protector!.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #934 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 09:10:50 »
Still using an old white logo EC1-A made before Zowie was bought by Benq.
REΛLFORCE

Offline typo

« Reply #935 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 10:14:50 »
I want to apologize for a slight error on my part because I try to be honest. The "chattering" I was speaking of above can occur when ones hands are sweaty pretty much only. However the 502 will exhibit this as well, albeit to a lesser degree. It has to do with the "framed" buttons Vs. "frameless". The open type will naturally exhibit this more because the buttons are in fact rubbing on the sides. That is not a bad thing though, it is just as fast.

I do not get about the weight however. I use no weights in the 502. It has a cord of course and the Grams people quote are without the cord. When I use a 903, I do so exclusively with the cord attached. I also add the 10G weight. In this scenario the 03 is actually a drop heavier! Considering I will only use the cord and that cord has the large plastic piece even without the 10g weight the savings is 8g at best. So I really do not see an argument to be made about weight. Since no one can really notice 8g. However if you use it wireless there is like a 30G difference so that in fact is a big deal. You cannot compete wirelessly so the truth is it is not a bg difference. Since if you do not compete and play cassualy it really should not matter anyways IMO.

There are of course other arguments to be made about both. I have several of both. I just have my preference and everyone is entitled to theirs. I will argue that one is not superior. It depends on the feel and your needs. TBH, I would take a G9x or MX518 over either I am limiting this to what one can obtain new now.

I am not intending to just spit out random garbage here. I hope this helps someone. As simply judging by price is not correct in this case. Simply put the wireless technology is more expensive and that is all. The 903 does not have some super special parts or abilities increasing it's cost. Simply the Wireless setup and perhaps a bit on the magnets.

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #936 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 01:55:58 »
BenQ EC1-A
I have longggggg fingers and I find it absolutely perfect, nothing to complain. :thumb:

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #937 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 06:28:58 »
Using an Zowie FK1. I've got really long fingers as well do they make mice that are bigger than this that are simple and don't have 300 buttons? I always feel like my mouse is too dinky.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 September 2017, 06:31:18 by Shapey Fiend »

Offline typo

« Reply #938 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 13:00:22 »
I am using the 903 right now. It is not bad, I just prefer the 502. Subjective. Like what kind of undies you like. I wonder if there is a unanimously better mouse though? Everyone has a different opinion of what the best rodent is. That is to be expected though. I will say I want as many buttons as possible and not gaming. On the 903 with both sides it is difficult not to hit them. It is difficult not to hit a wrong button on the 502 too to be fair. I just cannot do a trackball due to the screen real estate here. Currently at 8400DPI and just right.

I wondered if that 16,000DPI sensor is better than the 12,000DPI. Or if the former has any issues? Since it seems the 12,000 is still preferred. I do not know who makes them, Pixart or whatever. I am not talking about the amount of DPI but the overall accuracy of the sensor.

Offline Boskr

« Reply #939 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 08:53:15 »
Work: Logitech MX Master
Home: Zowie FK1+, just recently switched from a G502.

I wondered if that 16,000DPI sensor is better than the 12,000DPI. Or if the former has any issues? Since it seems the 12,000 is still preferred. I do not know who makes them, Pixart or whatever. I am not talking about the amount of DPI but the overall accuracy of the sensor.

Not to worry, Sensor quality and Max DPI are independent. There are many mice with incredible sensors that don't go above 2400, partially because many pros don't and won't ever go above 1600 but still need to have the most accurate sensors.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 September 2017, 13:43:46 by Boskr »
Levinson split 40%, Gat Greens, DSA Blank
GH60, Cherry Browns, OEM Granite
Razer BWX TE, Gat Blacks+RGB, DSA Blank, No Logo (522 Solder Joints!!!)
Razer BWX TE, Razer Greens+RGB, All Stock (girlfriend's)
MagicForce 68, Cherry Reds, TaiHao Dasher
Corsair K70, Cherry Reds+RGB, Stock Caps

Ask me about Soldering/Assembly/Other services in NC!

Offline typo

« Reply #940 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 02:37:26 »
No, I was asking because I have read the 3367 has some issues. It also has some important the 3366 lacks. Of course DPI that high is not a selling point but the quality and features. The 3366 is darn near perfect even though it lacks a few new features and tracking technology in the 3367. There must be a reason Logitech did not switch to the 3367. Even though he 3367 would seem like an evolution it may not be. 12k DPI is still relevant of course so Logitech has o reason to switch is they do not feel it is superior.  I like the new features, namely 1 DPI increments. I am not sure at this point if it is as good as the 3366. You cannot believe everything you read on the internet LoL. There were some bad sensors that had prediction Etc. The 3366 was the best sensor thus far. I do not know about the 3367. I guess I will just wait a while until the actual story emerges.

I can actually use the 903 fine. Even with buttons on each side. To me is just feels like a cheaper mouse than the 1/3rd priced 502. The 903 is not that light either. Lighter than the 502, certainly. For FPS I would forget either one. They should be sited to MMO however. I hardly game and at that only play NFS and GTA using a controller. In fact I would say the 502 is akin to the Xbox One Elite controller, and the 903 to the standard. Of course YMMV. This, just like keyboards is subjective on many levels.

On OCN people are removing he battery in he 903 to save weight. I am not that extreme and it is already much lighter than what I usually use(502).  Logitech sort of have an unwritten warranty of lifetime. They just send you a new one, no questions asked. Unless you keep doing it they know something is up. they never even want the old unit. Harmony they can lock. Regardless, I would rather have the warranty than remove the battery. Some people are much more hardcore than myself I admit.  Especially that it is said the fet on the 903 wear quickly. They do feel different so perhaps glad for their great warranty. Logitech is a nice company for CS and I really like some of their products,. Both the 02 and 903 are fine depending on which one prefers. As for harmony, of course URC is better, just as there may be better mice. You know, I think I said that here like 8 years ago HAHA.

Offline Boskr

« Reply #941 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 11:05:19 »
No, I was asking because I have read the 3367 has some issues. It also has some important the 3366 lacks. Of course DPI that high is not a selling point but the quality and features. The 3366 is darn near perfect even though it lacks a few new features and tracking technology in the 3367. There must be a reason Logitech did not switch to the 3367. Even though he 3367 would seem like an evolution it may not be. 12k DPI is still relevant of course so Logitech has o reason to switch is they do not feel it is superior.  I like the new features, namely 1 DPI increments. I am not sure at this point if it is as good as the 3366. You cannot believe everything you read on the internet LoL. There were some bad sensors that had prediction Etc. The 3366 was the best sensor thus far. I do not know about the 3367. I guess I will just wait a while until the actual story emerges.

Ah, my apologies. When I read the first part asking if the 16K sensor would potentially be better than the 12K, I thought you were asking purely from a DPI perspective, as I hadn't seen the sensors in question named yet.
Levinson split 40%, Gat Greens, DSA Blank
GH60, Cherry Browns, OEM Granite
Razer BWX TE, Gat Blacks+RGB, DSA Blank, No Logo (522 Solder Joints!!!)
Razer BWX TE, Razer Greens+RGB, All Stock (girlfriend's)
MagicForce 68, Cherry Reds, TaiHao Dasher
Corsair K70, Cherry Reds+RGB, Stock Caps

Ask me about Soldering/Assembly/Other services in NC!

Offline yuppie

« Reply #942 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 12:34:15 »
Logitech G500 with max weight

"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline typo

« Reply #943 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 22:32:30 »
yuppie. I have a few around here and they are nice. Newer is not always better. Mice have gotten huge. The 903 is a top end mouse indeed but it just does not jive with my hand like the 502 does. It is lighter but the feet are not as good so it has more friction anyways. Either one is plenty good. Whatever fits your hand is most important. It seems Logitechs right handers have always been best for me, with each release. anyways, The 502 is functionally the 903 sans wireless.

I am glad to see Max weight too! I actually prefer a heavier mouse as far as newer ones go.

Offline typo

« Reply #944 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 23:19:42 »
903 is not bad. I could use the 903 or 502 fine. Right handed the 502 is probably better if you are going to put the buttons on both sides of the 903. Plus I use it wired only. So not sure he extra cost is worth it. At first the 903 felt larger than the 502 but I am pretty sure the 502 is larger. I could remove the battery and be pretty happy. Many people did that. Makes for a very light high end mouse. You do not get the features on the 403. Many like it for fps as it is so light.

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #945 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 01:44:33 »
I use the G900 right-handed and I prefer it very much over the G502. I believe the G900 is a few grams lighter than the G903 since it doesn't have the inductive charging thing built in.

Offline typo

« Reply #946 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 15:17:11 »
It is. 107g Vs. 110g but that is marginal really. Unfortunately I do not have room for their mouse pad. Wireless might change my mind. Unplugging it is going to leave it plugged in half he time anyways. However I really do find the buttons on the 502 better located only if using both sides on the g903. That is difficult. Overall it is a nicer mouse than the 502 but if you need that many buttons right handed the 502 might be better. It is in fact smaller where I originally thought it was larger. It is a nice size. I thought I preferred heavier but with he cord attached the 903 is heavy enough. I have a device so there is no drag on the cord it does not get hung up and is fine. Wireless might be a different ballgame but I am not going to use it half and half. It is a shame I don't have room but I really would not use that much surface anyways. My mouse rug is like 7x10. Even with my display real estate t 8400 dpi I barely move it. It is actually great that it goes to 12000. Many say who would use that. Anyways I think I will just keep using the 903 wired because it is in fact a better mouse. The quality just feels higher. Some may balk at Logitech but Mice are their forte. They know how to build a mouse. You can mess with Razer, Steel Series, Corsair Etc. but at the end of the day I think the majority of people are using Logitech if they use a mouse. Their new trackball looks nice but it will be too slow. For trackballs I would go elsewhere but not Mice. Although the 518 is the most popular track ball.

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #947 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 22:15:07 »
I run at about 900 dpi. I like to have more precise aiming in games.

Not sure why you'd have to use it half-and-half. Battery life is 32 hours. Just plug it in at the end of each day and you're good for another full day or three. I've never had to use mine in wired mode.

Offline Rodde

« Reply #948 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 23:09:35 »
Hoping to get an MX Master S2 soon!

Offline typo

« Reply #949 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 01:26:32 »
Well, because I really do not sleep. It happens with old age but even when I was 50 or so I hardly slept. Besides, I just have too many responsibilities. No sleep can be very bad but Doc told me if I am not fatigued or passing out in the afternoon it is okay. I do not set alarm. Enough about me, I use 8,400 dpi because I am not gaming but coding and making wireframe models. I am going across 3 32" displays. I am concerned about injury. This way I do not move the mouse more than a couple of inches in any direction. The precision of this at this dpi is a breakthrough for people like me. last generation went that high but not with the precision. I can land on a pixel and pinpoint it with no adjustment but it takes a lot of practice to get there You have to take into account my display real estate. If I had a single 24" display I would probably be around 1,000 or less. On the other hand some gamers use as low as 20 dpi in fps so I am told. The thing is with the precision this offers if you are practiced at it dpi does not really matter. The lower dpi at this point is due to the user not this mouse. Maybe in my mind but I find the 903 even more precise than the 502. Perhaps that is just due to the sensor location. Also it is optical much thanks and not laser. As I am sure you know laser is bad news for accuracy. Logitech are at the top of their game and many agree any of their mice are the best in their category.  Of course plenty of people will favor other brands as well. I am trying to figure out if the pixart 4467 is as precise as the 4466. Apparently not or I am sure Logitech would have used it. I do not need 16,000 dpi anyways. I have set 1,800, 3,200, 4,800, 5,200, 8,400. The 502 fits me better but the weight and quality of the 903 seem to have won me over. I have used it exclusively for 3 weeks now. It really is better than the 502 but it all depends what fits an individual. The 502 fits me a little better but I am willing to make that sacrifice in favor of the 903. I am sure it would help if I did not have buttons on both sides but I have use for them. At first the right buttons were difficult but I got the hang of it.

I would like to know how I use Gshift with 21 buttons? I do not see that in the software and no mention made of it. That is strange as I would think it is one more selling point.