Author Topic: What mice do you use?  (Read 396665 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: What mice do you use?
« Reply #950 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 05:34:59 »

I would like to know how I use Gshift with 21 buttons? I do not see that in the software and no mention made of it. That is strange as I would think it is one more selling point.

Can you not assign a gshift button? Then it will show up as configurable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline typo

« Reply #951 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 23:45:05 »
Yes I assigned a Gshift button with the check circle you show. Now, how do I program the alternate buttons and how do I access them? I am sorry to be stupid of all people but you would think they would show this somewhere. The old software was much more intuitive IMO. Thank you for posting it.

I also wanted to ask something. No offense against you whatsoever just curious. why does everyone take a screen picture when you can just take a screen shot?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #952 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 05:30:40 »
Yes I assigned a Gshift button with the check circle you show. Now, how do I program the alternate buttons and how do I access them? I am sorry to be stupid of all people but you would think they would show this somewhere. The old software was much more intuitive IMO. Thank you for posting it.

I also wanted to ask something. No offense against you whatsoever just curious. why does everyone take a screen picture when you can just take a screen shot?
Well I'm posting from my phone and it was easier to take a photo of the screen at the time.

As far as the gshift goes, once you assign the gshift button then you go back to the configuration screen and there is a toggle for gshift when you toggle it then you can assign gshift functions.

To access the gshift functions you hold whatever button you assigned as the gshift button then press whatever other mouse button is assigned the secondary commands.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline typo

« Reply #953 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 22:14:59 »
Thank you so much! I totally missed the toggle! Honestly, IMO the G903 or 502 are the only game in town. This just adds to it. I might as well unplug the cable already and see how I like it. I do not have room for the inductive charging pad.

Offline typo

« Reply #954 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 07:04:02 »
Well, the 903 won me over go figure. It is abetter mouse than the 502 after all imo. I have now realized my mouse rug which is not for hardcore usage has a lot of drag to it. Put it on laminate and it glides much better than the 502. Well, of course it is much lighter. I may take out the battery since I only use it corded. I would use it wireless for sure if I had room for their charging mat. It is pretty large. I guess for gaming that is what they like. I prefer the smallest mouse pad possible and the mouse rug looks great. The drag has now become an issue with a much lighter rodent.

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #955 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 05:54:04 »
Should be no problem to use wireless even without the charging mat. You can get a solid 30+ hours on a charge which is obviously much more than you need for a day of use. Pop it on the cable to charge at the end of the day and you'll be ready for tomorrow. Most modern PCs will even let it charge via USB when the PC is powered off.
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #956 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 15:53:54 »
Any suggestions for best palm-grim? My Castor has failed me, which is a shame after performing so admirably for the past 8 months. (Having issues with non-registering clicks now with left and middle-mouse clicks.)

Offline shishkabablover83

« Reply #957 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 13:36:01 »
Deathadder Chroma and a Logitech m100.
Somewhere over the rainbow..

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #958 on: Sat, 30 September 2017, 19:44:31 »
G502 all the way. replaced my g9x a few months back and ive never been happier.
hi.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #959 on: Sat, 30 September 2017, 20:47:23 »
Logitech G703 with Power Play mouse pad

Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #960 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 14:23:58 »

Show Image

Love the concept..  terrified of hand-cancer..

hahahahahaha

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #961 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 20:54:01 »

Show Image

hahahahahaha

Then you shouldn't be pulling yourself, late at night  ;) .

Offline Landcaps

« Reply #962 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 00:32:50 »
razer diamondback for 2.5 years
razer deathadder for 4 month (chattering)
G502 for 2 years now never been happier built in quality just superb. never buy razer anymore

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #963 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 06:17:06 »

Show Image

hahahahahaha

Hand Cancer? But why?  :eek:
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline Landcaps

« Reply #964 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 12:36:52 »

Show Image

hahahahahaha

there are some science news about the radiation emitting from wireless device that can cause cancer. like put your phone near your head while sleeping can cause brain cancer.
but i'm not sure if this scientifically true or not.   

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #965 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 23:00:07 »

Show Image

hahahahahaha

there are some science news about the radiation emitting from wireless device that can cause cancer. like put your phone near your head while sleeping can cause brain cancer.
but i'm not sure if this scientifically true or not.

Inductive charging uses electromagnets. Wireless devices like cell phones use radio waves, which are non-ionizing. Neither of these pose any danger of causing cancer.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #966 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 12:08:27 »

Inductive charging uses electromagnets. Wireless devices like cell phones use radio waves, which are non-ionizing. Neither of these pose any danger of causing cancer.

I eat all vegetables.. So I'm not worried about dying from it..   

I'm merely pointing out,  if you start adding routers, everyone's phones,  transmitter towers..  It's quite a big bath..

The consequences are not known.. so if it's not absolutely necessary, maybe think twice.

Offline yuppie

« Reply #967 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 12:58:49 »
Logitech MX Master at work
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #968 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 15:37:54 »

I eat all vegetables.. So I'm not worried about dying from it..   

I'm merely pointing out,  if you start adding routers, everyone's phones,  transmitter towers..  It's quite a big bath..

The consequences are not known.. so if it's not absolutely necessary, maybe think twice.

What about electromagnetic radiation that comes from all that are electronics? Does that actually matter?

DOES MY COMPUTER RADIATE MORE WHEN I BENCH OR LOAD THE CPU? Serious question.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline dmac

« Reply #969 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 15:16:40 »
Mice:

Trackballs:
Mx Ergo plus
m570
OG trackman wheel

Trackpoints:

Touch Pads:

Offline Shenpai

• always found
    • padoru
« Reply #970 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 19:28:57 »
I am using a Logitech G203.
Nunu | KR FC660C

Offline maylily

• Custom keyboard | Artisan keycap
« Reply #971 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 00:05:36 »
Alienware Tactx Mouse ( logitech  G9 oem )
 :cool:

Offline Bucake

« Reply #972 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 23:19:26 »

Show Image

fancy!

i'm using a left-handed razer deathadder. it's the only non-mmorpg left-handed mouse i know of O_o
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #973 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 13:31:58 »

Show Image

fancy!

i'm using a left-handed razer deathadder. it's the only non-mmorpg left-handed mouse i know of O_o

The G900 can be reconfigured for left handed operation. The buttons can be replaced with blanks and are on both sides of the mouse. You just blank out the side you don't want the buttons on. Pretty nifty.
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #974 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 13:50:45 »
Any symmetrical mouse can be used left-handed, but the resulting wrist posture sucks, because it's rather flat.

There are only a few proper left-handed mice: the deathadder/naga (by razer though) and a bunch of ergonomic ones (there are common compromises in quality or sensing though)—I've mentioned a few (DXT, Contour, Handshoe) earlier in this or the other thread.

Offline Calza

« Reply #975 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 11:20:28 »
Just moved over to Trackball,got a LogitechM570 and I dont think I could ever go back to a normal mouse

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #976 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 11:40:29 »
Recently moved away from a corded trackman marble to an EVGA Torq 5. Looks clunky and needed to replace the scrollwheel. However I like the shape/size/weight and the sensor is not half bad. Zowie would have been the better left handed option but I enjoy punishment.

Offline typo

« Reply #977 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 23:51:02 »
I originally hated G700,G90x and was set on 502. Now I will not look back from 903 until they introduce a new one. Logitech feed their rodents something special before they are adopted :)

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #978 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 01:27:26 »
The Logitech MX 510. Over 10 years with everyday use and it is still going strong.

| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline beko1987

« Reply #979 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 06:31:13 »
I have a Logitech MX Revolution! Bought it in 2009, and it's still going well! Quite worn now, the thumbwheel is worn almost smooth, and the rubbery coating on the right hand side is almost worn off, but it's great. Doesn't hurt my hand after 8 hours of use!

Is looking a bit sorry for itself now though, so I bought a new battery and new skid pads for it, and plan to take it home soon and strip it down, clean out 8 years of gunk from it and service it, ready for another 8 years of use...

The USB reciever is not great though, it looses connection if you move it which isn't a huge issue, but alightly annoying as you can't buy them anymore! I did look at the current crop of Revolution mice, but they don't quite seem to do it for me, the thumb wheel is great, as working in Excel alot I have it mapped to copy, paste and paste special values, the top search button mapped to bring up outlook, browser forward to bring up firefox and the browser back button left as is. The newer ones also seem to not have the hybrid scroll, which I use alot on massive spreadsheets!

Will post some pictures of it during the refurb if anyone wants?

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #980 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 14:46:02 »
The new ones do still come with hybrid scrolling (only really on the MX Master series, the gaming ones have both notched and notchless scrolling but you cannot make them switch between modes automatically depending on the force of the scroll, it's a discrete switch to change modes).
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #981 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 18:11:27 »
I am using an HP mouse made by LOGITECH right now.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Cynamin

« Reply #982 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 07:45:23 »
Corsair Harpoon on my desktop, normal trackpoint on my laptop. The harpoon has some bad paint though and there are clearly spots around the logo where the light can shine through, which is a little annoying

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #983 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 00:20:47 »
I am using an HP mouse made by LOGITECH right now.

:cool:LOGI GANG:cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Kavik

« Reply #984 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 03:26:45 »
At home, I've been using the Mionix Castor for about a year. Before that, I used the Mionix Naos 7000 briefly, but the finger grooves drove me crazy, so I gave it to my brother. Buying both of these was an attempt to replace my Logitech G500 (it still works; it's just not comfortable, and it doesn't feel as smooth now that I've used the Mionix mice [maybe it's the difference between laser and optical?]).

However, I am still not completely satisfied with the Castor's shape, so I've ordered a Zowie EC1-B and SteelSeries Rival 310 in hopes that one of them will have a more comfortable shape (they also have slightly better sensors apparently). They have yet to be shipped though.

At work, I can't stand using a mouse for some reason, so I switch between Logitech M570 and CST L-Trac trackballs.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #985 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 10:58:43 »
At home, I've been using the Mionix Castor for about a year. Before that, I used the Mionix Naos 7000 briefly, but the finger grooves drove me crazy, so I gave it to my brother. Buying both of these was an attempt to replace my Logitech G500 (it still works; it's just not comfortable, and it doesn't feel as smooth now that I've used the Mionix mice [maybe it's the difference between laser and optical?]).

However, I am still not completely satisfied with the Castor's shape, so I've ordered a Zowie EC1-B and SteelSeries Rival 310 in hopes that one of them will have a more comfortable shape (they also have slightly better sensors apparently). They have yet to be shipped though.

At work, I can't stand using a mouse for some reason, so I switch between Logitech M570 and CST L-Trac trackballs.

I'm still waiting on the Steelseries Rival 310 (just shipped yesterday), but I received the Zowie EC1-B yesterday. I really like it. The shape is MUCH more comfortable than the G500, Castor, or Naos 7000. The mouse feet are smooth as butter also.

I really like the simplicity of it: the polling rate and CPI settings are controlled by buttons on the bottom, and there are only four fixed CPI settings to choose (Do I really need 50-100 CPI increments?), which display a color coded LED on the bottom. There's no software to install, not even a "new device detected" pop-up, true plug and play. No LEDs or anything (besides the indicators on the bottom), just a neat small logo on the back.

The scroll wheel steps and click are nice, despite what I've read in reviews. The clicks on all the buttons are very positive and crisp (the Castor's left click was just mushy enough that I sometimes had accidental discharges in game). The side buttons do have a little too much pre-travel, which I had read/heard in many reviews, but they aren't too bad. Just like every single other mouse, I can't reach the Mouse 5/forward button with my grip (hybrid fingertip/palm grip). I wish the mouse 4 and 5 buttons were vertical instead or at least shifted farther back, but this is an issue I have with every mouse I've used.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that one of the downsides is that the plastic is rather slick, so any sweat on the hands makes it slippery and a tad harder to hold onto.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 January 2018, 11:55:51 by Kavik »

Offline Kavik

« Reply #986 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 12:37:52 »
I got the Steelseries Rival 310 a couple days ago. Initial impression is that I like the Zowie EC1-B more. The shape of the EC1-B is more comfortable. The side buttons are definitely better on the Rival, clickier and no pretravel, although it's harder to reach mouse 5/forward. I just really hate the overly aggressive shape of right-handed mice, I guess. Maybe the Sensei would feel better, but no point in spending more money if I like the EC1-B. I will say that the aggressive design maybe makes it a bit easier to pick up, but less comfortable overall. The materials handle sweat better though.

The Rival is perceptibly lighter weight (a good thing IMO), the scroll wheel is lighter both in click and scroll steps, and the left and right buttons are lighter. I do like the lower slope of the left and right buttons though, or maybe I just like switching back and forth between the two mice so that my hand doesn't feel stagnant. The feet are not as smooth the EC1-B. That's not to say they are bad; the EC1-B is just exceptionally smooth.

As far as sensor performance, I'd say they are equal. The Rival maybe feels a bit "looser" at the same CPI if that makes any sense, but I like them both. EC1-B has a 3360 sensor, and the Rival a "TrueMove3". Both feel very good.

There's more granularity in settings on the Rival such as 100 CPI increments and assigning macros, but they must all be done through software. I also don't use any of those. I basically stick to 1600 CPI and adjust in game sensitivity.

Overall, they're both great mice, but I prefer the shape and simplicity of the EC1-B. I'll continue using them both for a while to determine for certain which one I prefer. I may just keep both though.

Offline Alya

« Reply #987 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 09:30:57 »
SS Kinzu V1 because it has a nice shape and I'm broke.

Offline proto

« Reply #988 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 12:38:13 »
I am currently using a Razer Naga Epic

Offline onlyabyte

• tekbyte
« Reply #989 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 19:45:14 »
Rival 100 because it has a nice shape and doesn't look like a replicator.
Akko 3087 SA Retro (45g Pink Linears) || Tecware Phantom Cherry BoW (45g Red Linears)

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #990 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 23:08:50 »
Currently rocking a Logitech G203.

I've read several reviews online, and the Mercury sensor on this model seems to perform close to the ADNS3366.

It's size is comfortable for my fingertip grip style, and it was only $26 at Best Buy!

Very happy with the purchase.
There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #991 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 23:48:43 »
can someone reccomend an upgrade to the mionix castor? Or should I just buy another one

Offline seva1385

« Reply #992 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 17:43:49 »
CST L-track
Kinesis Advantage2

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #993 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 09:57:56 »
Logitech G502 at home, G602 at work. Have a random Chinese brand wired mouse that I carry with me when I am doing work out of office.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #994 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 12:07:33 »
This is going to be an unpopular opinion.

I like heavy mice with a high dpi. I also love competitive shooters, and I have found my preference here so polarizing, I keep it to myself.

I have my reasons though. When under pressure, I have always had problems with accuracy because my muscles begin not knowing their own strength, and it is difficult to calm them. This is a normal problem, but there are 2 legitimate ways to address this problem. The first is to slow the mouse WAY down so you need more movement. But you can also make the mouse weightier and achieve the same thing, and then you don't have to fling the mouse around like a madman all the time.
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline mattbox

« Reply #995 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 13:43:10 »
I've been rockin the logitech G900 for almost a year now, I'll admit it's overpriced but I love that free-wheel scrolling

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #996 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 20:45:54 »

I like heavy mice with a high dpi. I also love competitive shooters, and I have found my preference here so polarizing, I keep it to myself.

I have my reasons though. When under pressure, I have always had problems with accuracy because my muscles begin not knowing their own strength, and it is difficult to calm them. This is a normal problem, but there are 2 legitimate ways to address this problem. The first is to slow the mouse WAY down so you need more movement. But you can also make the mouse weightier and achieve the same thing, and then you don't have to fling the mouse around like a madman all the time.

Low DPI isn't typically used to prevent accidental movements, it's used so you can make very small movements and get very precise, pinpoint control. Using a large mousepad and "flinging the mouse around like a madman" is simply a side effect of gaining that precise control. That control would be lost if you use high DPI because a small movement will always result in quick, jerky ones on screen.

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #997 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 11:07:54 »

Low DPI isn't typically used to prevent accidental movements, it's used so you can make very small movements and get very precise, pinpoint control. Using a large mousepad and "flinging the mouse around like a madman" is simply a side effect of gaining that precise control. That control would be lost if you use high DPI because a small movement will always result in quick, jerky ones on screen.
It is the same because it takes more power to move the mouse. You can be more precise with a heavier mouse. But like I said, no one agrees with me so I keep it to myself. You do you and I will do me. No one has ever realized my DPI is high when spectating me.

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #998 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 10:12:26 »

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #999 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 17:04:17 »
Show Image

Show Image

the Ultralite is so sexy..  But tp4 saving up for dat G305 atm..