Author Topic: Modding cherry MX switchs for eshtetic purpose !  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Djuzuh

Modding cherry MX switchs for eshtetic purpose !
« on: Wed, 15 August 2012, 02:31:04 »
Hi all,

Has anybody before tried to mod switchs only to make them look prettier ? Or thought of it ? Or maybe got a cool idea?

The colored stickers is a nice step, but maybe we can bring it a step furter?

By painting the switch for example

I do know it is useless, but fun nevertheless ! And who doesn't love useless stuff !

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Modding cherry MX switchs for eshtetic purpose !
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 22:33:00 »
I've seen some people dye the stems and the newer clear housings to match keysets. Pretty crazy idea but some people go hard or go home.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 22:36:34 »
I've seen some people dye the stems and the newer clear housings to match keysets. Pretty crazy idea but some people go hard or go home.

I just wonder if dyed stems keep their size and form after the hot immersion process.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 22:39:02 »

I just wonder if dyed stems keep their size and form after the hot immersion process.

I'd say as long as they don't get too hot but it would be interesting to test....with some junk keycaps of course just in case.

Offline Targa-TV

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 03:51:33 »

I'd say as long as they don't get too hot but it would be interesting to test....with some junk keycaps of course just in case.

The tiny rubber pads of the Matias Quiets and MX Silents definitely wouldn't survive, right?
Filco MJ2 Black - MX Red | VA88M - MX Brown | Cherry G80-3000 -
  MX Blue | Cherry G80-3000 - MX Black | XD75re - MX Silent Red

[image]http://i.imgur.com/our8YUc.png[/image]