Author Topic: [FS] Rubber Mats Pads for Keyboard - EPDM dense rubber industrial material  (Read 71446 times)

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
Re: [FS] Rubber Mats Pads for Keyboard - EPDM dense rubber industrial material
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 20:55:37 »
Emailed re: extra-small rubber mat!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 08:21:05 »
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Zealousy

• Twitter
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 01:04:20 »
I'd love a video review of these mats!

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 01:19:04 »
Can they be used as a mosepad if I bought a large one? are they heat resistant for soldering? sorry if dumb questions

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 12:00:12 »
Can they be used as a mosepad if I bought a large one? are they heat resistant for soldering? sorry if dumb questions

I have one and don't think it will make a very good mouse pad.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 07:43:48 »

It would be a terrible mouse pad.

Imagine the material of an inner tube, only quite a bit thicker and stiffer. My ebay description used to say "non-slip" but I got a complaint from one buyer who said that it did not help slippage, so I removed that term. Personally, I do consider it to have good traction and that is why I like it.

I use a piece on my work table sometimes and it is very tough. Incidental drops of solder probably wouldn't hurt it, but you couldn't actually lay a hot iron down on it without melting (and smelling terrible, I would guess).

Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 16:36:54 »
I haven't visited lately.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
still available

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
I still use one of these under my daily driver at work. :thumb:
And at home. : thumb:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 05 October 2017, 06:22:53 »
bump to move this up the list
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 October 2017, 20:24:22 by fohat.digs »

Offline probros69

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 20:10:44 »
Hello,

I just bought a few mats from fohat.digs a few days earlier. 

Attached are pictures of the mat that I have on hand at the moment.  It's not especially slippery or grippy, which is fine for me.

If you are extremely heavy on your keyboard movements, you might actually move the mat slightly sometimes.  I have never had any such troubles, but I could move my keyboard if I give a little extra push.

At first, the mat looks pretty ugly, but after a while, its grown on me, and I don't really see it much.

If you want some cheap mats made to size, I'd highly recommend most people to buy these.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 20:52:16 »
I still use these daily at home and at work.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 20:55:44 »
Hello,

I just bought a few mats from fohat.digs a few days earlier. 

Attached are pictures of the mat that I have on hand at the moment.  It's not especially slippery or grippy, which is fine for me.

If you are extremely heavy on your keyboard movements, you might actually move the mat slightly sometimes.  I have never had any such troubles, but I could move my keyboard if I give a little extra push.

At first, the mat looks pretty ugly, but after a while, its grown on me, and I don't really see it much.

If you want some cheap mats made to size, I'd highly recommend most people to buy these.

Looks simple and functional, which is all you'd want!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 13:24:59 »
Thanks, guys. This is an industrial roofing material so it is not intended to be pretty, but on the other hand is extremely tough since it is made to have a 25-year warranty while exposed to the elements!

It is not soft or grippy like sorbothane, and would be terrible under a mouse, but it is a great utilitarian underlayment.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 13:40:28 »
Yup; still got mine under my Realforce at work. I got one with excess mat with the intention to cut it and fit under the board, but I've kept it on and use the remainder for resting my fidget toys.

Offline Gampela

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 11:16:02 »
I'm wondering if I could save a bit money and buy this instead of the official HHKB Vibration Absorption Mat. Anyone have both to compare? Also would you be willing to cut it in about same dimensions.   A bit undersized and leaving free spaces for front and back feets and the 3 screws in the back. Like this: http://www.smartimports.net/hhkb-vibration-absorption-mat

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 11:28:51 »
I'm wondering if I could save a bit money and buy this instead of the official HHKB Vibration Absorption Mat. Anyone have both to compare? Also would you be willing to cut it in about same dimensions.   A bit undersized and leaving free spaces for front and back feets and the 3 screws in the back. Like this: http://www.smartimports.net/hhkb-vibration-absorption-mat
No reason to cut one of these mats up just use it how it comes for the hhkb.

Offline Gampela

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 11:36:39 »

I was just kinda thinking about attaching it properly on my keyboard so it would need cutouts. But I guess I can do that with normal scissors myself if I ever feel need to.

Anyways do you still have the materials?
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 November 2017, 11:38:33 by Gampela »

Offline probros69

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 19:03:10 »

I was just kinda thinking about attaching it properly on my keyboard so it would need cutouts. But I guess I can do that with normal scissors myself if I ever feel need to.

Anyways do you still have the materials?

The anti-vibration mat from PFU is much thicker and has better grip than the rubber mats that I got from fohat.digs.  I'll attach a  picture to give you an idea of how the anti-vibration mat looks compared to fohat.digs's mats.

Like fohat.digs mentioned earlier, his mats are utilitarian and they are great for preventing more important things from getting damaged.  I like to put it under the PFU mat to keep the foam safe.

Offline Gampela

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 03:48:14 »
The anti-vibration mat from PFU is much thicker and has better grip than the rubber mats that I got from fohat.digs.  I'll attach a  picture to give you an idea of how the anti-vibration mat looks compared to fohat.digs's mats.

Like fohat.digs mentioned earlier, his mats are utilitarian and they are great for preventing more important things from getting damaged.  I like to put it under the PFU mat to keep the foam safe.

Thanks dude. This isn't what I need then. Sorry for spamming here.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 15:29:23 »
PM sent.

Offline biosync

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 08:44:24 »
pm sent!