Author Topic: [IC] Thic Thock Marshmallow Switch - GB now live!  (Read 49504 times)

Offline SteffeMK

Re: [IC] Thic Thock Marshmallow Switch - Updated GB info | Big update coming soon
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 07:37:51 »
12-11
Progress:
- Samples have been sent out to Brian aka Top Clack for full board review
- Lubed, full board sound test soon (from Jeff)
Thread update [pink colored]:
- Updated lots of the outdated information
- Added lots of exciting news

So the actuation force was changed to ~50g, does that also mean the spring weight was changed?

Actuation is not Bottom Out force
I know but for example gateron black inks has a acutation force of 60g and bottom out of 70g. So I figured if you changed the acutation you might have changed the bottom out as well.

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A6013 via Tapatalk
We employ progressive spring into Marshmallow, the actuation force is not comparable with Inks or other linear that employs linear spring
Oh okay, I don't think I've tried progressive springs before then. It will be interesting to try out :)

Offline Honey

Re: [IC] Thic Thock Marshmallow Switch - update coming soon
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 08:58:26 »
new to keyboards in general, i love the look of the switches but is it possible to lower the actuation force? would I just swap the spring? :o looking for something similar to reds/yellows but these look lovely.

If you want to lower the actuation force then, yes, all you'd need to do is swap the spring to a lighter spring.

That said, at 68g these should be very close in weight to gat yellows, but heavier than gat reds.

I am a little confused, I was under the impression that gat reds are 45g and yellows are 50g. Am I misunderstanding something regarding the weight of these Thic Thock switches? :o

45g and 50g are probably actuation force, which is usually what switch manufacturers advertise. aftermarket springs are all bottom out force, which is higher. in the case of gateron, i believe gat reds should be 55g bottom out, and yellows 60g bottom out (dont quote me on these numbers tho)

Ahh I understand now, thank you for the clarification and informative responses!

Offline kaisn

Re: [IC] Thic Thock Marshmallow Switch - Updated GB info | Big update coming soon
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 16:04:56 »
*whimsyroar*
Can't wait to get my marshmallows <3
So excited!

Offline cosmo10292

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 17:45:05 »
Just cancelled my Invyr Pandas to get these instead. I still have my Halo Trues coming though....

Might swap a halo stem into one for funsies :D

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
Updates:
14-11
Released huge update
FAQ on #2
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 November 2019, 22:35:31 by senryo »

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
Does this switch have this 'ticking' problem? https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/d0by85/tealios_v2_questions/ez8nveh/

Not that I'm aware of, moreover, Marshmallow is not made from Gateron.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
Does this switch have this 'ticking' problem? https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/d0by85/tealios_v2_questions/ez8nveh/

Are you able to share the manufacturer?
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock

Are you able to share the manufacturer?

Its on the first page :thumb:

Offline cosmo10292

At 5.5 I'm still down. Thank you for taking the time to r&d these to be possibly some of the best switches out there!

Offline kawaiicheung

gateron or jwk???

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
gateron or jwk???
gateron has no part in the manufacturing of Marshmallow
JWK as OEM for manufacturing Marshmallow

Offline SteffeMK

Do you happen to know if the price going to increase on mykeyboard.eu because of import fees?

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
Do you happen to know if the price going to increase on mykeyboard.eu because of import fees?

No, it should be $5.5.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
So these will be functionally equivalent to Durock linears with MP springs. Sounds good for 55c each.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline lolafineday

True endgame would be spring less or dissembled with choice of spring, because one spring weight caters to one group of people

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
Re: [IC] Thic Thock Marshmallow Switch - GB now live!
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 21:59:55 »
Update:

GB now live!
GB thread is under provision, will be up after mod approves!

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 22:01:15 »
Any idea on when the springs will be back in stock? Looking to pick some up with my switches

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 22:01:55 »
Any idea on when the springs will be back in stock? Looking to pick some up with my switches
Should be next week! Thank you for the support!

Offline honoka

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 04:10:06 »
EU vendor seems to only sell in packs of 60. I thought that was moq per order.

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 06:20:30 »
EU vendor seems to only sell in packs of 60. I thought that was moq per order.

We have communicated and there are 2 more options now, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Offline asianfork

• Alice
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 11:20:04 »
Just ordered 80! Excited to see how they turn out!

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 11:28:20 »
Can we get a separate GB thread in the GB forum?

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 11:39:13 »
Can we get a separate GB thread in the GB forum?

Mod hasnt approved it yet.

Offline SteffeMK

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 11:54:26 »
Ordered 120, excited to try these out!

Offline honoka

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 12:52:11 »
Ordered 120, excited to try these out!

Outed as Swedish by your phone :)
Hej hej!

Offline honoka

No, it should be $5.5.

By looking at their prices in Euro and converting it to USD we are in fact paying (at current rates) 10.9% more.
Price of 0.55 Euro is equivalent to 0.61 USD.
Is this something you have communicated with them? I personally don't mind much but your statement is incorrect.

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 02:59:18 »
How does the actuation force compare to browns or nature whites (different spring weights, but similar actuation forces IIRC)?

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock

No, it should be $5.5.

By looking at their prices in Euro and converting it to USD we are in fact paying (at current rates) 10.9% more.
Is this something you have communicated with them? I personally don't mind much but your statement is incorrect.

Hmm, sorry for the misinformation. Yea, this is how it will be.

Offline tuxkey

No, it should be $5.5.

Thanks for bringing it up.. i was thinking the exact same thing. i guess that's the price diff needed to cover the import duties?
Having said that i think the all the work mykeyboard.eu needs to do to join the GB and give us these switches in the EU is well worth the price diff.. only thing i'm considering is the amount i'm going to get. i need 68/70 .. but i don't like having to little of a switch..
so perhaps ill just get 120 and pay the extra €22.. currently typing on lubed Milky Gateron Yellow ... like the soft pillow feeling of them.
a tad on the heavy side .. but my Milky Gateron Reds are way to light so it's Yellow or nothing .. i'm really hoping the progressive nature of these switches are going to feel lighter when just actuating...
That's the main reason why i'm on the fence regarding the amount.. But will be adding a mouse pad for sure. was looking for a lighter color mouse pad and one that has switches on both sides of my keyboard what more can i ask for ;-)

Thank you for giving us this nice switch look forward to getting sum and your future endeavors...
Really like that we have an EU vendor.. 

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 20 November 2019, 11:10:33 »
woo hoo!

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 20 November 2019, 12:21:00 »

No, it should be $5.5.

Thanks for bringing it up.. i was thinking the exact same thing. i guess that's the price diff needed to cover the import duties?
Having said that i think the all the work mykeyboard.eu needs to do to join the GB and give us these switches in the EU is well worth the price diff.. only thing i'm considering is the amount i'm going to get. i need 68/70 .. but i don't like having to little of a switch..
so perhaps ill just get 120 and pay the extra €22.. currently typing on lubed Milky Gateron Yellow ... like the soft pillow feeling of them.
a tad on the heavy side .. but my Milky Gateron Reds are way to light so it's Yellow or nothing .. i'm really hoping the progressive nature of these switches are going to feel lighter when just actuating...
That's the main reason why i'm on the fence regarding the amount.. But will be adding a mouse pad for sure. was looking for a lighter color mouse pad and one that has switches on both sides of my keyboard what more can i ask for ;-)

Thank you for giving us this nice switch look forward to getting sum and your future endeavors...
Really like that we have an EU vendor..
In this hobby switch spring weight should be the least of your worries... everyone is sprong swapping.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Mod Edit: GB Thread is now live!
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 November 2019, 12:58:18 by HoffmanMyster »