Author Topic: Hello from the Netherlands!  (Read 797 times)

Offline Pawnerd

Hello from the Netherlands!
« on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 19:06:02 »
I am actually reading geekhack posts for quite some time, but I guess it's time to introduce myself if anyone would like to get to know me a bit better.

A while ago - and I mean back in 2013 - I wrote my first piece of code for a game. The coding language for this game was called 'Pawn'. I was young and liked the concept of coding a lot: Just by using existing building blocks and a bit of imagination, I could make special stuff for me and my friends in a multiplayer game. Anyways, that's the short version on how I got to use the nickname 'Pawnerd'.

Some people think it's a combination of 'Paw' and 'Nerd', for which the second part is probably applicable, but in fact, it's not. A part of my time I am a student - electrical engineering with a focus on artificial intelligence - and during the other part of my time I am running a small start-up with which I develop electronics and software together with and for others. My company is mostly focussed on B2B - business to business - sales. Anything the company does for B2C - business to consumers, which in my case is mostly electronics focussed - is done with the name Pawnerd.

Please feel free to ask more if I somehow peaked your interest!