Author Topic: [IC] Tsubasa TKL  (Read 6797 times)

Offline anonymous

[IC] Tsubasa TKL
« on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 11:19:12 »

Tsubasa
noun ウィングス wings

A TKL keyboard featuring a side profile with curves that blends well with each other. The goal of the design is to make a less-rectangular board while still maintaining a minimalistic look.

IC Form: https://forms.gle/PAiVyHYjaDjeLDBc9

Case Specifications:
  • F13 TKL
  • Top Mount with an optional o-ring mounting
  • Seamless design (Top case covers the bottom case)
  • Effective Keyboard Height: 22.6mm
  • Front Face Height: 18mm
  • Typing Angle: 7 degrees
  • Internal Weight + External Weight (Brass or SS Steel)
  • Centered USB Port with daughterboard (Unified C3)
  • SKUF Feet

PCB:
We will develop our own pcb but the keyboard case will be compatible with h88 or other similar pcbs. Thickness is 1.6mm with no flex cuts. Solder PCB. Hotswap is being considered.

Plate Materials:
Aluminum, PC, FR4

Colors:
As of now, Silver is the only confirmed color. Other colors will depend on the this interest check.

Protos?
We will produce some prototypes once we have gathered feedback on some aspects (specifically Colors, Plate Materials, Layout (WK, WKL, HHKB), USB port position, Internal/External Screw)

Sale Format:
GB followed by in-stock fcfs sale or just an in-stock fcfs sale

Price:
Our target price is less than 500$. Most likely 400-450$

FAQs:

Who are you?
I am a keyboard designer/vendor from the Philippines. Most of my groupbuys have been local (a lot of pcb, plate, acrylic kit gbs) but I have experience running international groupbuys/sales as well. Some of them are the PH60 (HHKB PC Case), Alter (Alice layout), Paraluman (WKL 60), Octopad Macropad. For this project, I have partners that will help me execute the project and they are the one that will make the in-stock sale possible.

You have other ICs already, why not run them first?
Just like how you want to change your keyboard almost every month, my motivation to give attention to a certain design also varies from time to time. I also had a hard time finding a new manufacturer for the past year that can accommodate my needs, which is mostly the reason why my pending ICs have not proceeded to GBs.

Why a butterfly weight?
At first, I actually did not want to add any character or logo on the case. But the curve of the sides gives me an impression that the keyboard is soaring through the air. At first I added a bird logo, but it didn't look good so I looked for other creatures that are flying. I think that the symmetry of the butterfly's wings is perfect and it blends well with the elegance of the overall design.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 December 2022, 02:20:29 by anonymous »

Offline Skiji

• quite degen
Re: [IC] Tsubasa TKL
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 12:00:25 »
I'll definitely keep an eye on any future developments. Esp since the price bracket is quite saturated.
Skj.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 20:27:57 »
I'll definitely keep an eye on any future developments. Esp since the price bracket is quite saturated.

Thank you for your interest. May I ask what your ideal price is for a keyboard like this?

Offline AnonyMoose_

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 21:21:44 »
hhkb tkl?

Offline anonymous

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 21:35:11 »
hhkb tkl?

Yeah. It's not a common thing to do but some people might want it. HHKB blocker on the 60% cluster

Offline AnonyMoose_

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 21:37:52 »
hhkb tkl?

Yeah. It's not a common thing to do but some people might want it. HHKB blocker on the 60% cluster

huh, seems interesting. Definitely want to see what that looks like.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 05 December 2022, 04:20:54 »
Some interesting poll results. A lot of people prefer WKL over WK. Silver, Center USB port, External Screws are also popular answers