Author Topic: g435  (Read 3414 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
g435
« on: Mon, 20 February 2023, 13:30:05 »
Extremely impressed with this thing for $30.

No noise cancelling, has something like a transparency mode, that makes hearing your own voice a bit more natural.

Sound quality is good. Not bass heavy, but I suspect it's due to the small battery. Very light. Comfortable.

Earcups go all the way around ears. Still getting a bit of hot ears, but overall the fabric is breathable. will be getting some covers for it.

Headband is snug, tight without being too tight, no problems.

Works with bluetooth and the lightspeed native adapter.

No significant latency,

Plug the adapter in, Jesus takes the wheel,  literally didn't have to do anything. Just works.

Can see why it's the 2nd best selling headfone on amazon.

296709-0

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
Re: g435
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 February 2023, 14:32:32 »
Might have to get a set of those for my son - he loves the SkullCandy Plyr2's I gave him, but they are older and the battery life is horrible.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 February 2023, 16:30:54 »
battery life supposedly nearly 20 hours tested by rting.

based on the design, i don't expect it to be hard to take apart to replace battery when the time comes, 4 screw holes easily reachable.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 February 2023, 07:45:56 »
Most Logi products are fairly serviceable from my experience.  I do like the fact that they are USB-C for recharging compared to the USB-Mini that is on the current set my son is using.  Just need to find a black set for the $29.99 price-point since the color options other than black are meh.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 21 February 2023, 09:01:11 »
Most Logi products are fairly serviceable from my experience.  I do like the fact that they are USB-C for recharging compared to the USB-Mini that is on the current set my son is using.  Just need to find a black set for the $29.99 price-point since the color options other than black are meh.

from what i can tell, the cups should be removable and you can likely run it under some soapy water, but yea, black is easier and won't look gross over time.  OR there's those earcup washable covers.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 22 February 2023, 19:45:08 »
woah, it can switch between bluetooth and the lightspeed dongle.  so you can switch between pc and fone just holding down 1 button for 3 seconds.

that's so convenient.

scenario:

tp4 plays dat vampire survivor on pc on lightspeed, needs to do costco run for m0ar pepsi, hold button 3 seconds,  connect to fone,  go outside, the headset instantly repels all fellow hughmahns, get sodas, come home, hold button, back on vampire survivors.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 24 February 2023, 10:32:40 »
Been usin' several hours a day now, it's so light. They probably make headphones heavier on purpose to make people think they're getting "more" for their money,  getting used to this, can't imagine I'd ever want to strap a whole pound to my head.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 04:38:48 »
These look cool. But your price is better, here in UK its £75, £50 in promotion...

Hows the sound? good or very good?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 09:35:25 »
These look cool. But your price is better, here in UK its £75, £50 in promotion...

bass heavy.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 10:03:10 »

bass heavy.

cool. Mid and highs ok?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 10:05:55 »
Mid and highs ok?

vocals range has a slight boost, makes sense for gaming,  female vocals (music) will sound a bit peaky.

the second part is deceptive, at first didn't think it was bass heavy because between the vocal and the bass it felt even,  but listening to more of the range, the bass is a bit heavier than initially thought, especially the LOWER bass,