Author Topic: All about me  (Read 2318 times)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
All about me
« on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 20:08:46 »
I wanted to post this after I got my first mech keyboard and here it is in fairly convenient bullet point format for easy reference:

- I'm T.J.
 - I build my own computers and have since my first desktop way back in 2003.
 - I like clicky keyboards (it's why I found and joined this specific community) and I use a Logitech m600 mouse (fantastic)
 - I like other things as well and I'm sure a few of them will randomly come out through interactions.
 - I'm absolutely in love with the CM Storm I bought, even though I've typed on it for less than 20 minutes.
 - There are times I feel like I'm that guy that could rattle off odd facts, tangents and blurbs about most anything 'net related.
 - I need a new desk chair.
 - I seem to have already gotten the build my own custom keyboard bug as I am curious about the feel of MX Greens/Grays.  Blues, I think were the right choice for me, though.  Super clicky without the cacophony of buckling springs.
 - Even though I've not seen much real stuff about it, I want to try building a keyboard using wood that isn't a steampunk build.
 - And lastly, I bought three keycap sets before I even typed my first real sentence with a mech keyboard and the first set arrived at my house before the keyboard they're meant to be on did.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: All about me
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 20:59:20 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Sounds like you are hooked already - mind your wallet ;)

We also discuss chairs from time to time.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 22:18:38 »
And I've already modded my board slightly with a 33key zinc kit.  Metal is different to type on.

Additionally, I want a pure or poker.  But I also want gray or green switches so I may end up waiting until one of the many poker/pure user-designed boards comes out...
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 September 2012, 22:22:05 by tjcaustin »

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 07:49:32 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 08:32:25 »
Hi. I rattle off random facts and stuff about lots of things, normally things that really don't matter :D
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 09:11:45 »
Hi. I rattle off random facts and stuff about lots of things, normally things that really don't matter :D
I'm not entirely sure if this isn't sarcasm, but...

Yay us!

Offline Kalmarauder

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 01:34:57 »
the first set arrived at my house before the keyboard they're meant to be on did.

Same, I bought a set of blank white keys which arrived in a timely manner. But the keyboard was shipped from amazon.com and wouldn't ship to Canada, so I shipped to a friend's mailbox in the US and had to wait weeks for him to pick it up. And just today I learned ncix.ca had the keyboard in stock...

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 02:05:41 »
I'm not entirely sure if this isn't sarcasm, but...

Yay us!
Haha, nah, I was being serious.  :D
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 10:52:19 »
Sweet, rock on