Author Topic: [GB] ESPECTRO  (Read 68477 times)

Offline runsamok

Re: [GB] ESPECTRO - ORDER CONFIRMATIONS - CHECK YOUR EMAIL!!!
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 13:58:02 »
Does anyone want to take my spot in this GB? I ordered 2 dark grey kits.

Can the order be split? I'd take one but not both.

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 14:31:20 »
Forgot to ask earlier (doesn't matter now) but does the plate support switch top removal?
Hey buddy! It does support switch top removal :)

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 16:50:32 »
Does anyone want to take my spot in this GB? I ordered 2 dark grey kits.

Can the order be split? I'd take one but not both.

Not sure, I'll email him and see how I can sell the spots separately.
FC660C | FC980C

Offline runsamok

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 17:07:44 »

If it helps, I'm willing to pick it up in-person as I think gas money from Edmonton to Calgary would be cheaper than Canada Post!

But seriously, I'm Canadian & am more than willing to work out something if I gotta pay the difference between a combined two-board order to wherever you are & a one-board order to me & a one-board to you or wherever else.

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #154 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 17:52:32 »

If it helps, I'm willing to pick it up in-person as I think gas money from Edmonton to Calgary would be cheaper than Canada Post!

But seriously, I'm Canadian & am more than willing to work out something if I gotta pay the difference between a combined two-board order to wherever you are & a one-board order to me & a one-board to you or wherever else.

Ah ok, that would prolly make it easier since I only paid for one shipment. I'll lyk after I hear back from Dave.
FC660C | FC980C

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 11:30:28 »

So it seems like he wants me to collect payment from the buyers and forward your name, mailing address, etc to him. It seems kind of weird to do it like that, instead of refunding me and charging you separately for it. I'm gonna try to clarify if that's what he wants me to do, but I would prefer you pay him instead lol.

You can pm me your info and I can forward it to him if you want, or just pm me and I'll give you his email so you can talk to him directly as well. He hasn't gotten back to me about being able to pick it up though.
FC660C | FC980C

Offline runsamok

« Reply #156 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 11:36:03 »
So it seems like he wants me to collect payment from the buyers and forward your name, mailing address, etc to him. It seems kind of weird to do it like that, instead of refunding me and charging you separately for it. I'm gonna try to clarify if that's what he wants me to do, but I would prefer you pay him instead lol.

Ugh. I'm a bit apprehensive about the transactions if this is how it's gotta shake out.

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 16:06:20 »

Ugh. I'm a bit apprehensive about the transactions if this is how it's gotta shake out.

Yea I'm guessing it's due to the PayPal refund fee he'll have to eat if he refunds me. I'll try to get him to refund me though and send you an invoice instead, as I'd rather wash my hands of this completely lol. Will keep you updated.
FC660C | FC980C

Offline runsamok

« Reply #158 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 16:13:03 »
...I'd rather wash my hands of this completely lol. Will keep you updated.

I'm guessing he wants a minimum of fuss & muss since he's stepping away from the business for an unspecified period for unspecified reasons. Not sure if I want a keyboard from a closed-up shop with only discord for support, but keep me in the loop nonetheless.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #159 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 03:08:34 »
Any updates on if the payment went thought on this? I mean don't get me wrong JMD seems like a outstanding guy but his last updates.. has left me a bit nervous about the entire transaction.

As of 4/10/2018

Espectro: Payment Submitted - waiting for bank wire to clear, once cleared production starts. This is taking a little longer than I wanted.

SA BTS: Payment Submitted - Production to begin Q4 2018. We got pushed back on our production, so that they could accommodate more popular sets.

I am stepping away from the business for an undetermined amount of time. If you require help. support, etc please check the discord. There will be people there who can assist in my absence.

If you have an issue with your order(s) leave an email, they will be read on every Monday. (Once a week).

Thank You.

Offline LostInInaka

« Reply #160 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 04:58:39 »
Just saw an update on Discord earlier that stated that payment was finally sent and accepted so production will start immediatel.

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 10:52:26 »
...I'd rather wash my hands of this completely lol. Will keep you updated.

I'm guessing he wants a minimum of fuss & muss since he's stepping away from the business for an unspecified period for unspecified reasons. Not sure if I want a keyboard from a closed-up shop with only discord for support, but keep me in the loop nonetheless.

I sent him another email, but still haven't received a response. It looks like I'm just going to have to wait to receive the units and then sell them, but will update if he responds.
FC660C | FC980C

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 11:06:09 »
He said he'll check emails once a week on mondays so will probably just be on a delayed communication schedule
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline JMD

• All we want is happiness.
    • Mech Keys
« Reply #163 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 00:13:54 »
I want to explain my break from the business, but I also do not wish to air laundry over the internet.

However here are the updates.

1) After the group buy ended, and all payments were collected and submitted the factory raised the cost of production. This was a time set back.

I added the additional thousands that they wanted, but before that i also needed a week to think things over. It was either go out of pocket to see the project through, or refund everyone - start over, or scrap it completely. Instead of disappointing you all, I opted to eat the bullet.

2) I submitted payment March 28th. My bank decided they wanted every type of information about me, and the bank draft beneficiary. I was preparing to provide dna samples and first born children, it was rather ridiculous.

Payment was received on april 19th by the factory.

3) Production started April 20th. 20 to 30 days for completion. We're currently looking at around 3 more weeks before they start shipping to me.

4) Some people wanted refunds, however with the added loss of thousands of dollars and no profit gained from this project from the factory raising it's prices I am opting to not offer this for people. If you wish to sell your spot, send an email, we will sort it out. This week things are looking to clear up, no more dr and vet visits and I will be able to get back to my excellent communications with you all.

5) There will be 24 extra keyboards for sale after all customer orders are built and shipped. $350 each.  A giant box of Zeal switches are in my posession as well.

6) Once I have something more to update you all with I will do so, thank you for understanding. Thank you for being patient. I hope everything is well for each and every one of you.
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline MikeTheTiger

Re: [GB] ESPECTRO - ETA TO SHIP 3 WEEKS as of 4/28/2018
« Reply #164 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 01:22:51 »
I want to explain my break from the business, but I also do not wish to air laundry over the internet.

1) After the group buy ended, and all payments were collected and submitted the factory raised the cost of production. This was a time set back.

I added the additional thousands that they wanted, but before that i also needed a week to think things over. It was either go out of pocket to see the project through, or refund everyone - start over, or scrap it completely. Instead of disappointing you all, I opted to eat the bullet.

2) I submitted payment March 28th. My bank decided they wanted every type of information about me, and the bank draft beneficiary. I was preparing to provide dna samples and first born children, it was rather ridiculous.

3) Production started April 20th. 20 to 30 days for completion. We're currently looking at around 3 more weeks before they start shipping to me.

4) Some people wanted refunds, however with the added loss of thousands of dollars and no profit gained from this project from the factory raising it's prices I am opting to not offer this for people. If you wish to sell your spot, send an email, we will sort it out. This week things are looking to clear up, no more dr and vet visits and I will be able to get back to my excellent communications with you all.

5) There will be 24 extra keyboards for sale after all customer orders are built and shipped. $350 each.  A giant box of Zeal switches are in my posession as well.

6) Once I have something more to update you all with I will do so, thank you for understanding. Thank you for being patient. I hope everything is well for each and every one of you.

Dave, I'm glad to hear things are starting to get back to normal a bit for you. That's crazy that the factory would do something like this. I think you can expect our support and well wishes for everything you do for us in the community.

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys
« Reply #165 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 01:37:50 »

Dave, I'm glad to hear things are starting to get back to normal a bit for you. That's crazy that the factory would do something like this. I think you can expect our support and well wishes for everything you do for us in the community.
I apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks for your support.
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #166 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 01:45:26 »
No need to apologize Dave. Things happen. In the end, we'll have some beautiful boards to add to our collections.  ;)

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #167 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 01:59:16 »
Glad to hear everythings ok.  Real life comes first.  Thanks for the update.  Real ****ty of the factory to do that, was this the one you had used previously?
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys
« Reply #168 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 02:06:24 »
Glad to hear everythings ok.  Real life comes first.  Thanks for the update.  Real ****ty of the factory to do that, was this the one you had used previously?
Same one as Mechmini 2 yes.
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #169 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 02:08:20 »

That's some serious bs you went thought JMD I am sorry got a little worried wish I would have known. I always figured the prices where locked in once the prototype was done. To know that a company can just raise the prices on ya like that out of the blue is seriously bs. I hope since you don't want to say out in public. That you would let other group buy runners know what happened. That way they can avoid that manufacture! I hope your business comes back online and better then ever soon! I know my confidence has been seriously restored. This will be my second group buy. I noticed suddenly Candykey's, Zfrontier, The Key Company and A few others just suddenly just went quiet.. put messages up saying they where going to be stepping away.. Its been sorta worrying. I wondering now if they hit situations like you hit. Suddenly you got manufactures increasing a price after the fact.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 April 2018, 02:10:06 by HotRoderX »

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #170 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 02:21:02 »
That makes it worse that they would try and screw you over like that.  Really do appreciate the communication.  Can't wait to build it!

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #171 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 10:54:41 »

That's super ****ed. I'm sorry to hear that.

Thanks for going so out of your way to realize this project. It's very appreciated.

Offline spyruf

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 09:12:00 »
Looking to purchase an extra or take someone's spot who isn't interested anymore let me know!

Offline runsamok

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 12:45:47 »
Looking to purchase an extra or take someone's spot who isn't interested anymore let me know!

Check with bizzy11. I was going to buy one of his slots, but due to the inordinate amount of time it's taken to coordinate the swap-over thanks to JMD's completely understandable limited engagement with the project due to personal issues I've gotten myself a Melody96 spot that opened up instead.

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys
« Reply #174 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 14:52:58 »

Check with bizzy11. I was going to buy one of his slots, but due to the inordinate amount of time it's taken to coordinate the swap-over thanks to JMD's completely understandable limited engagement with the project due to personal issues I've gotten myself a Melody96 spot that opened up instead.
I was an email away. I think I recall suggesting at one point for interested parties to email me to arrange payment and transfer ownership.

I emailed bizzy11 and told him as well, the interested parties just have to get ahold of me, so that I can take their payments for the board. And at that point, I would offer him a refund.

I also offered to do this as a favor to you guys as well, as usually it is up to you guys to orchestrate this on your own accord and have the money exchange your own hands, instead of coming in and being refunded on my end.

- mechkeys - ca -

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys
« Reply #175 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 14:53:29 »
There will be extras coming.
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline runsamok

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 15:40:05 »
I sent you a PM here asking a question & identifying myself as one of the people looking to buy one of bizzy11's slots & got no response.

On the other hand, I left a comment regarding extras in a months-old reddit thread on the Melody96 & when one came up the vendor contacted me & the entire transaction was concluded through a half-dozen emails inside half an hour.

I'm sure you'll blame me for not contacting you through the appropriate channels (again) so you could do me the favour of selling me your product, but it's entirely academic at this point since I've secured what I feel to be a superior solution elsewhere.

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys
« Reply #177 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 20:24:15 »
I sent you a PM here asking a question & identifying myself as one of the people looking to buy one of bizzy11's slots & got no response.

On the other hand, I left a comment regarding extras in a months-old reddit thread on the Melody96 & when one came up the vendor contacted me & the entire transaction was concluded through a half-dozen emails inside half an hour.

I'm sure you'll blame me for not contacting you through the appropriate channels (again) so you could do me the favour of selling me your product, but it's entirely academic at this point since I've secured what I feel to be a superior solution elsewhere.
You go ahead and do whatever makes you happy, while my customers who were present during the time of the group buy, and wanted to support an amazing 96 will enjoy theirs.

At the end of the day it's your money, and not mine - and I have been more than accommodating. Afterall, it's not my responsibility to make sure you can buy someone elses order - it's yours. I was just trying to be nice and offer assistance.
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline MikeTheTiger

Re: [GB] ESPECTRO - Production almost done. ETA 1 week as of 5/12/2018
« Reply #178 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 22:07:47 »

You go ahead and do whatever makes you happy, while my customers who were present during the time of the group buy, and wanted to support an amazing 96 will enjoy theirs.

At the end of the day it's your money, and not mine - and I have been more than accommodating. Afterall, it's not my responsibility to make sure you can buy someone elses order - it's yours. I was just trying to be nice and offer assistance.

What's wrong with dude? I can't wait for my Espectro.  ;)

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #179 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 00:51:02 »

Wow why don't you just come off as spoiled and entitled a bit. I mean don't get me wrong I understand being mad at a vendor if you can't get something but this is just to far. First off it was a GROUP BUY.. what that means is that it was a group of people going in to buy a product together. Typically when those happen there might be some extra's at the end but there limited. There also a limited time for you to get into the group buy.

Once its over! no one is going to feel any sympathy if you missed it. I mean sure people might post there sorry but genuinely most don't care. They only post such things to raise there karama points on the forum to look like a nice person! Which most are genuinely nice people  :thumb:. Just its like Amazon service rep saying there sorry you had a issue. They really don't give 2 flips about your issue. They are only dealing with you for a paycheck.

Second off Superior solution that is kinda comical, cause I mean correct me if i am wrong but the other board your talking about isn't out of production yet? How do you know if its superior or inferior? I mean for the most you know the entire order could be in shambles like the recent Southpaw buy! Which you gotta feel bad for that runner! I mean dang.

So that just comes off as speculation by someone not getting there way.

I also wanted to point out you make it sound like JMD is making a profit which.. if you read the thread you know is not even close to the case. JMD was pretty transparent about some of the issues he faced. including having to sink thousands of dollars from his own pocket into the product to get it produced. I am sure after the units ship he will have some left overs. That he will most likely sell on his site. Point is he not making any profit he just trying to recoup some of the money he spent at this point.

So next time try to be a bit more understanding otherwise go to Amazon one of there customer care reps sure would just dolt all over you.

One other point noticed 90% of groupbuy's WILL NOT do slot transfers! .. there are the rare ones that will but most refuse.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #180 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 00:52:17 »
JMD when you say one more week is that one more week till they ship to you are 1 more week till they finish production! cause honestly I am not prepared  :eek: .. I was expecting these to ship June.. mid june or late june! I don't even know what switches I want to use yet or anything.

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys
« Reply #181 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 15:18:30 »
JMD when you say one more week is that one more week till they ship to you are 1 more week till they finish production! cause honestly I am not prepared  :eek: .. I was expecting these to ship June.. mid june or late june! I don't even know what switches I want to use yet or anything.
Heya, I'm expecting this to happen.

Next weekend (around the 20th of may) the order to ship from the factory, to my QC agent.

QC agent will take 2 to 3 days to pack/assemble/qc my order. And then it ships out to me.

I do expect to start shipping these to everyone before the end of the month - however - please keep in mind, this timeline could stray off course.

As far as your switches and stuff go - I know what's going in mine, Zealios :)
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #182 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 16:57:28 »
Heya, I'm expecting this to happen.

Next weekend (around the 20th of may) the order to ship from the factory, to my QC agent.

QC agent will take 2 to 3 days to pack/assemble/qc my order. And then it ships out to me.

I do expect to start shipping these to everyone before the end of the month - however - please keep in mind, this timeline could stray off course.

As far as your switches and stuff go - I know what's going in mine, Zealios :)

Question for ya the Zealios are the 78g switches like MX Clears? Cause I thought about taking the plunge into Zealios for this! Why scrimp on the finer details of the board. I also thought about silence switches

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #183 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 17:30:02 »
They have a slightly crisper tactility and even without lube are not as scratchy.  In terms of weight though 67g might be more similar to ergo in feel.  All the weights feel decently good though

Offline elmateo487

Re: [GB] ESPECTRO - PCB's Complete - Case PC Complete - Case ALU 85%
« Reply #184 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 11:25:08 »
Hey all,

My order number isn't showing up on the orders google sheet. And I can't seem to be able to get in contact with anyone at mechkeys. Any idea how to talk to someone? Emailed them using their website emailer about a week ago (since I know they only read emails on monday per their website) and got no response.

Any ideas?

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #185 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 11:35:39 »
Hey all,

My order number isn't showing up on the orders google sheet. And I can't seem to be able to get in contact with anyone at mechkeys. Any idea how to talk to someone? Emailed them using their website emailer about a week ago (since I know they only read emails on monday per their website) and got no response.

Any ideas?

It’s probably a good idea to join their Discord.

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #186 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 14:52:17 »
Can you link the discord here?

Offline MikeTheTiger

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #188 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 08:57:05 »
I did some searching but didn't find it, is the Espectro the same length as other 96 keyboards (Redscarf for example)? I want to get a wrist rest that is the proper length

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #189 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 20:08:06 »
I did some searching but didn't find it, is the Espectro the same length as other 96 keyboards (Redscarf for example)? I want to get a wrist rest that is the proper length

I spoke with JMD earlier on this matter, the width of the board he gave me is exactly 15"

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #190 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 20:10:30 »

I spoke with JMD earlier on this matter, the width of the board he gave me is exactly 15"

Okay great, thank you!

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #191 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 20:31:17 »

Okay great, thank you!
Your welcome :D

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Offline driftingbunnies

« Reply #192 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 08:17:06 »
Any update on when the extras will be for sale? :)

Offline Bzn

« Reply #193 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 11:16:04 »
An update in general on the GB would be cool since the last one was 25 days ago and it said there was 7 days or less left on production.

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #194 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 11:38:37 »
An update in general on the GB would be cool since the last one was 25 days ago and it said there was 7 days or less left on production.

He updated the title in the last week, Bottoms and PCB are finished, 85% finished with alu tops

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys
« Reply #195 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 20:30:39 »
Updates will always be on the first post and in the title.

Cases are still under production. I have nothing to update as of today. Let's hope the factory cooperates on monday and gives up some good news.
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #196 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 20:48:52 »
Getting anxious and pumped for my espectro when production wraps up!

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #197 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 21:59:00 »
Hello everyone! Im Dave from mechkeys.ca and i present to you our newest in-house project, Espectro.

UPDATES

June 4th Update

My factory producing Espectro was met with some troubles with the Chinese gov't regarding pollution control. The shared space that they were using was violating their new pollution laws, and they had to relocate - thus affecting every project inside of said space. Espectro has been delayed a couple weeks, and my new production end date I've been told is one half month from today.

Greatly greatly sorry for this - I know everyone is itching to get their boards, unfortunately there is nothing I can do with this - it's completely out of my hands and my control and I'm just along for the ride at this point alongside all of you. I will update when I have more news.

The PCB's, plates, and poly carb bases are all 100% completed, we're just waiting for the rest of the cases to wrap up - and then anodizing.

Thanks

That's unfortunate. One and a half months or just half a month?

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 16:03:02 »
Hello everyone! Im Dave from mechkeys.ca and i present to you our newest in-house project, Espectro.

UPDATES

June 4th Update

My factory producing Espectro was met with some troubles with the Chinese gov't regarding pollution control. The shared space that they were using was violating their new pollution laws, and they had to relocate - thus affecting every project inside of said space. Espectro has been delayed a couple weeks, and my new production end date I've been told is one half month from today.

Greatly greatly sorry for this - I know everyone is itching to get their boards, unfortunately there is nothing I can do with this - it's completely out of my hands and my control and I'm just along for the ride at this point alongside all of you. I will update when I have more news.

The PCB's, plates, and poly carb bases are all 100% completed, we're just waiting for the rest of the cases to wrap up - and then anodizing.

Thanks

That's unfortunate. One and a half months or just half a month?
One half month would be approx. two weeks. In China, they do not divide their month by days/weeks but by pieces (half month).
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #199 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 00:59:07 »
One half month would be approx. two weeks. In China, they do not divide their month by days/weeks but by pieces (half month).

Just wanted to make sure it was one half month and not a typo for one and a half months