Author Topic: [IC] DSA BlackBack  (Read 1628 times)

Offline jackyl

[IC] DSA BlackBack
« on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 19:54:53 »
Due to a lack of keysets with WhiteFox compatibility, I've decided to design my own keyset specifically for the WhiteFox. Introducing DSA BlackBack, this keyset is inspired by the coloration of another beautiful canid: the black-backed jackal.

153765-0

The base kit is based on the TrueFox layout, but can easily be converted to any of the other WhiteFox layout with just a few simple additions, available in the Conversion Kit. (Note: the ISO keys may not be correct; the layout given on the website includes duplicate +/= keys. I've been told that the key to the left of the enter is a pipe, and pictured in the layout is the </> key to the right of the left shift)

I would also like to add a kit of alternate homerows, for gamers or vim users:

The keyset will be made of dye-sublimated PBT keycaps in DSA profile courtesy of Signature Plastics. Though the colorway is not particularly adventurous, the legends are in that on the modifiers they are lowercase, aligned to the bottom left, and printed in Fugue2_i3 (http://keycapsdirect.com/pdfs/LineFont.pdf), and on the alphas are centered in upper case; a bold aesthetic that foils the sly legends of the mods. The colors used for the keyset are as follows: all legends are black, the alphas are GDL, the modifiers are GQT, and the keys along the edge are GRZ.

Thanks for looking, please leave your thoughts below!