Author Topic: CCnG Round 2! Orders Closed.  (Read 239958 times)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Re: CCnG Round 2!
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 17:18:37 »
Re-filled again.  Thanks for the updated Google form.  Really needed it.  8)

Offline codymaust

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 17:46:20 »
In for a set! 

Offline tauburn

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 17:51:39 »
i really want VCJ + WFK

:(

Offline pasph

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 18:07:11 »
Form filled
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 19:52:05 »
First of all thank you Gupgup for organizing this. I was hoping to get some delicious CCnG keys.
Second of all thank you tjcaustin for helping me order what i want.

I am in for sure for:
1 GoCC base kit
1 CCoG mod kit
1 CCoG tsangan kit

I would be interested in PBT keycaps instead of ABS even if it is niche. I just think I would like to take that extra step and I would be willing to pay a little more for it. If not that is cool I will still order these.

Also what date due you envision for locked in order possibilities? Suck as whether we will have ABS or PBT plastic?

Thanks guys this community rocks.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 February 2013, 20:02:57 by tricheboars »
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline gbohn

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 20:36:29 »
> We will be using VBQ and WCK just as was used in first round!

I had a question on the color. I think I found pictures from the first CCnG buy in the thread at http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=29325.1200, including the one at http://i.imgur.com/QZPrW.jpg.

If I compare the apparent color (in the old thread) against the color swatches in the first Post of this CCnG Round 2 thread, the VBQ swatch seems different. Lighter and a bit more 'Olive' (http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40610.0;attach=14323;image).

Is the CCnG Round 1 picture closer (to the actual color) or the swatch labeled VBQ?

Thanks;

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 23:18:49 »
Just for clarification....

CCoG - Green font on a white keycap
GoCC - White font on a green keycap

And will the 17 key set come with the GoCC modifiers?

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 23:24:35 »
Just for clarification....

CCoG - Green font on a white keycap
GoCC - White font on a green keycap

And will the 17 key set come with the GoCC modifiers?

CCoG means Cream Cheese on Green, so opposite of what your thinking :)

And no, the 17 key set is just the numpad, either CCoG or GoCC

I hope I read and answered your questions correctly, I'm on my phone and half awake :p

Offline YongJK

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 02:25:42 »
Hopefully will hit 50 sets or above !
That's what I can pay for 87 keys  :))
Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline cobraj

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 05:19:40 »
Hopefully will hit 50 sets or above !
That's what I can pay for 87 keys  :))

Yeah, if it hits around 50-100 mark, I can justify getting it :)

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 05:34:30 »
Oh come on people...who doesn't think this will hit around 100?

Place my order for a Base GoCC and Mod CCoG.

Offline sicaine

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 06:01:30 »
Hey,

can you make a few mockups? I think i selected the proper CC on G and G on CC sets but im not sure.

Also: Is the 17 numpad one colered? Other GB have a different mix: CC on G for num / * - + enter and G on CC for the numbers.

That would look way better and i dont have to order 2x17

Tx,

Sigi

Offline sicaine

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 06:04:15 »
Ah yeah and please please please extend the baseset with all F keys! I would love to have one colorcombination for the F-Row

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
CCnG Round 2!
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 07:50:32 »
Hey,

can you make a few mockups? I think i selected the proper CC on G and G on CC sets but im not sure.

Also: Is the 17 numpad one colered? Other GB have a different mix: CC on G for num / * - + enter and G on CC for the numbers.

Tx,

Sigi

The mockups should be ready anytime now, and I'll update OP once I have them!

The 17 pad I am not sure about, I'll have to also wait for the mockups for this questions.

As for your other post, I don't believe it will be possible to get the F keys all the same color. The modifiers have the middle row and the base has the left and right, we would have to offer a "set" for the 4 middle f keys and I'm not sure if this can be done :/

Can someone either correct me or help answer this better?

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 08:22:35 »
Order placed.

CCoG Base
GoCC Modifiers
GoCC Tsangan

(Still shopping for the "ideal" board, wanted to cover all the bases.)

There was an entry on the order form for ISO, what keys are included in that set?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 08:28:48 »
Hey,

Tx,

Sigi

The 17 pad I am not sure about, I'll have to also wait for the mockups for this questions.

As for your other post, I don't believe it will be possible to get the F keys all the same color. The modifiers have the middle row and the base has the left and right, we would have to offer a "set" for the 4 middle f keys and I'm not sure if this can be done :/

As the GB organizer, you can make the sets contain whatever keys YOU want. The sets, as you currently have them, are the way that SP has been selling them, but YOU can tell THEM which keys you want in which sets, and which colors. But you have to be very specific when doing this. These are things that are sometimes covered in an interest check.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
CCnG Round 2!
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 08:30:45 »
Hey,

Tx,

Sigi

As the GB organizer, you can make the sets contain whatever keys YOU want. The sets, as you currently have them, are the way that SP has been selling them, but YOU can tell THEM which keys you want in which sets, and which colors. But you have to be very specific when doing this. These are things that are sometimes covered in an interest check.

Alright, makes sense. In my opinion I think the sets are good how they are, only thing I'd like to add is an optional spacebar purchase.

Offline YongJK

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 08:33:46 »
I have placed my order : Base GoCC and Mod CCoG

However I'm still waiting confirmation whether spacebar is universal ( so it would fit leopold )

Offline sicaine

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 08:42:44 »
Alright, makes sense. In my opinion I think the sets are good how they are, only thing I'd like to add is an optional spacebar purchase.

I don't want you to tell how to make the keys but when you make a google image search with 'CCnG keyboard' you find the version with green f5-f8 and cc f5-f8. I'm not sure what looks better but i thought it is the same as in round 1.

With the 17keys set: The toxic set and DSA have the numpad set as a 27keyset. In my opinion an one colored numpad block doesn't look as appealing as a combination.

Offline YongJK

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 09:45:29 »

Something like this for mods and alphas would be great.

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
CCnG Round 2!
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 10:22:02 »

I don't want you to tell how to make the keys but when you make a google image search with 'CCnG keyboard' you find the version with green f5-f8 and cc f5-f8. I'm not sure what looks better but i thought it is the same as in round 1.

With the 17keys set: The toxic set and DSA have the numpad set as a 27keyset. In my opinion an one colored numpad block doesn't look as appealing as a combination.

It isn't a one colored num pad, it is set just like the original CCnG group buy. I apologize for not having pictures right now. I'll have to ask about the F keys also.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 12:24:15 »
Sorry if this has been answered already, but will there be "GEEK HACK" R4 keys included in this GB?

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
CCnG Round 2!
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 12:29:19 »
Sorry if this has been answered already, but will there be "GEEK HACK" R4 keys included in this GB?

Yes hopefully, I am waiting on a reply from Melissa and plan on asking about that, the optional spacebars, and the options for the numpad being separate colors(which is I believe it is).

Will let everyone know!

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 12:31:14 »
Hello Geek Hackers!

So i filled out the form and placed my order. I am quite excited. However I have a few questions:

1.  I have never done a Geek Hack Group Buy before. How long do these usually take before they hit doorsteps? (I am in no rush since I do not even own the Vortex Pure keyboard I am going to put these bad boys on)
2.  When will the charges to my paypal account go through?
3.  Where do we post the amazing photos of our boards once we receive these badass keys?

Stay gangsta geekhack and keep slappin 'dem keys. bottom 'dem ****ers out width the mad fury boiiii!

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
CCnG Round 2!
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 12:38:47 »
Hello Geek Hackers!

So i filled out the form and placed my order. I am quite excited. However I have a few questions:

1.  I have never done a Geek Hack Group Buy before. How long do these usually take before they hit doorsteps? (I am in no rush since I do not even own the Vortex Pure keyboard I am going to put these bad boys on)
2.  When will the charges to my paypal account go through?
3.  Where do we post the amazing photos of our boards once we receive these badass keys?

Stay gangsta geekhack and keep slappin 'dem keys. bottom 'dem ****ers out width the mad fury boiiii!

1) We will be done taking orders the 23rd of March.

2) The charges will be made probably a week after we close?

3) There are many different places you can post them, I'm on my phone so can't post links, but search post your keyboard or mail and some threads will come up with pictures and what not!

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 13:34:11 »
On another note, we had our first price change! Yay :p

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 15:23:31 »

awwwww yea! so that saves me 10 bucks so far! 

I am hoping 75 people sign up for this. Hopefully last year's group buy made some people jealous of the CCnG styles (i know it made me jealous) and they sign up! Also i bet a few people are waiting a little bit longer for the prices to drop even more.

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 15:25:26 »

I am hoping 75 people sign up for this. Hopefully last year's group buy made some people jealous of the CCnG styles (i know it made me jealous) and they sign up! Also i bet a few people are waiting a little bit longer for the prices to drop even more.

I hope a lot more people than 75 sign up :)

If you are waiting to fill out the form to see if the prices go down, just fill it out now because the prices will drop and your order form will help it. Worst case scenario is that if you don't like the final prices I can cancel it for you!

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 16:12:49 »

I hope a lot more people than 75 sign up :)

If you are waiting to fill out the form to see if the prices go down, just fill it out now because the prices will drop and your order form will help it. Worst case scenario is that if you don't like the final prices I can cancel it for you!

i filled it out right away. I have to get on this.  I felt a curiously strong draw to CCnG caps the first time i saw them. Something so Vintage Retro New Age about them. I dont know how to describe it. I just knew I had to get them.

Also just out of curiosity what boards do you gentlemen plan on putting these caps on?

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 16:55:23 »
Alrighty so for a Pack of GH keys(CCoG and GoCC) it will be around only .60 cents extra if we get to 250 base/modifier sets ordered. The maximum cost it could be would be .90 cents for a pack. I will put these in with every order unless someone tells me they don't want the extra two keys for only a dollar.

Emailing her about the spacebar and F row right now!

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 16:58:53 »
Alrighty so for a Pack of GH keys(CCoG and GoCC) it will be around only .60 cents extra if we get to 250 base/modifier sets ordered. The maximum cost it could be would be .90 cents for a pack. I will put these in with every order unless someone tells me they don't want the extra two keys for only a dollar.

Emailing her about the spacebar and F row right now!

Since my used set didn't come with the GeekHack keys, it looks like I'm going to need to order a reverse set! :-)

Offline YongJK

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 17:15:36 »
Good Progression :)
Come on Geek Hackers ! place your order !

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Re: CCnG Round 2!
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 17:16:37 »

You should put an actual number for each set in addition to the tier you're on for motivational purposes :)

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
Re: Re: CCnG Round 2!
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 17:26:06 »

You should put an actual number for each set in addition to the tier you're on for motivational purposes :)

Great idea :D

Offline YongJK

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 20:09:02 »
Gupgup, could you update again who was in the list and who was not ?
I'm not sure whether I'm in the "new list" since in the first post you said have to refill the form.

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
CCnG Round 2!
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 20:13:10 »
Gupgup, could you update again who was in the list and who was not ?
I'm not sure whether I'm in the "new list" since in the first post you said have to refill the form.

You are on it!

Offline takaki

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 22:21:27 »
shouldn't you let this GB run a little longer so we can hit more orders ? So many GBs, the amount of GBs on geekhack now is a little overwhelming but I'm all in for it !!

Offline mickd

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 03:02:02 »

Generally after the orders close and the money is collected, it takes between 4-8 weeks for SP to produce the sets. After that it gets shipped to someone to distribute (normally the GB organiser). From there it might take between 1-2 weeks to have them all shipped out (varies greatly depending on how much time they have to pack the keys up) and then another few days to a few weeks for them to arrive at your doorstep (depending on where you live).

It is a long process but it is well worth it :)

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 20:22:48 »
Added a imgur link to the mockups I have right now, working on getting reverse color mockups also!

Offline GordonZed

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 23:41:35 »
This is a noobish question but I'm always confused by the number of variations in terms of key widths (shift, modifiers, etc.) and the like... If I want to use this for a Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL, what would my order look like?

Don't you hate noobs ;D
Filco Majestouch Ninja TKL (MX blue)

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 23:49:32 »
This is a noobish question but I'm always confused by the number of variations in terms of key widths (shift, modifiers, etc.) and the like... If I want to use this for a Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL, what would my order look like?

Don't you hate noobs ;D

We were all noobs once, no need to apologize. ;)

You should just need the base set and the modifier set, unless you have an ISO keyboard in which case you'll need an ISO set too. (ISO keyboards have the inverted J-shaped enter key like this.)

Offline GordonZed

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 00:00:53 »

Don't you hate noobs ;D

You should just need the base set and the modifier set, unless you have an ISO keyboard in which case you'll need an ISO set too. (ISO keyboards have the inverted J-shaped enter key like this.)

Cool, thanks. I'm probably going to place my order later, once I've confirmed I can afford it and the jewelery I'll have to buy my better half in order to "justify" the purchase. ;D

Offline YongJK

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 00:29:02 »

Don't you hate noobs ;D

Cool, thanks. I'm probably going to place my order later, once I've confirmed I can afford it and the jewelery I'll have to buy my better half in order to "justify" the purchase. ;D
Place order first and motivate others to place too.
Once we have more order we can gradually get lower price.

I guess I can afford up to 50-sets-tier

Offline GordonZed

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 01:23:00 »
Order placed... dammit. Well, at least my girlfriend doesn't have to know about this until at least March :P

Gupgup, if you get a chance, can you make sure I ordered the regular Base+Modifier set, rather than reverse? I'm about 99% sure I did but I just don't want to end up with the wrong ones 'cause I didn't double check. I want the standard CCnG I've ogled over so many times in the past days. Thanks!

Offline sicaine

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 02:33:56 »
Very nice with the numpad! But what is the normal combination? Does CCnG mean the numbers are in CCnG and / * - + enter will be in GnCC?

Can you please check that i only orderd the normal numpad?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 05:41:37 »
Hoping that at least 100 people will buy a GoCC Base set and a CCoG Mod Set I just placed my order (plus 1x Tsangan, 1x ISO).

I don't wanna spend more than 100$ for everything including international shipping. Any estimates on additional costs for PayPal fees etc?

I assume I have to add like 10$ to the actual prices?!?

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
CCnG Round 2!
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 07:24:36 »
Very nice with the numpad! But what is the normal combination? Does CCnG mean the numbers are in CCnG and / * - + enter will be in GnCC?

Can you please check that i only orderd the normal numpad?

I'm not sure about that either.. I will have to ask but maybe someone that got the original CCnG key set will be able to answer.

Gordon I will check your order after school and work today!

I'm a high school student and go straight to work after school usually, so my main time to update this thread is at night!

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 08:45:38 »
I must have been confused and ordered the opposite of what I intended. My order should be as follows:
  • (1) Base CCoG
  • (1) Mods GoCC
  • (1) Tsangan GoCC

This should basically be the inverse of Round 1 CCnG

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 13:32:12 »
Order submitted for base and mods in both color schemes. It would be nice to get some extra space bars in both colors too... If you add them, you can sign me up for 2 additional bars of each color as well. ;)

Thank you for putting this together! =)
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 February 2013, 13:37:15 by olaph »

Offline adigaforever

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 15:42:07 »
How this will pick up and you guys get to the tier you want :) gl with GB