Author Topic: [SPRiT] R1 R2 (Shipping 92% Completed)  (Read 1783606 times)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
My switches are finally ready to be soldered on.  My build log has been updated...

Here is a teaser...

Show Image

Nice! Love the Yellow stickers.

Ya the yellow stickers go great with the browns.

I think I will use pink stickers with my clears.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder

Where did you get your stickers?  When my Sprit and Viper arrive, I'd like to add stickers to my builds.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded

Where did you get your stickers?  When my Sprit and Viper arrive, I'd like to add stickers to my builds.

Check out techkeys.us =)

http://techkeys.us/collections/accessories/products/vinyl-switch-stickers
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com

Ya, I got mine from jcrouse when he was doing his blowout...

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
Acryl Case ! - All Laser & CNC machined    >>>  Allo!  :thumb:   Laser cut & Computer controlled Machined.     it's 2- or 3- Layered  as in the Fotos,  and 8mm Thick  or 10mm Thick Color Layers.  ;)
(Solid 8T & 10T Structure)

What is this top plate? A plate to match key layout, like HHKB's one? I also don't understand the difference between Model 1 and Model 2.
* Model 1 (70USD) / Model 2 (58USD + Top Plate Layer $22)  >>  Model 2 Cases are slim, 2- layered (cheaper)  & a Top Plate (this switch plate & Top layer supports layouts like HHKB)  You are Absolutely Right !  :thumb:   * Model 2 cases will show Next week.
   Which acrylic finish is less glossy? Matte or smooth?  >>>   Matte is embossy,  a little bit rough surface made from the factory.   When a transparent Acrylic is matte, it can be called as ' frosty'.  IMO.   
Also, from where this item will be shipped and is there a way to calculate shipping prices?   >>>  From Korea,  to EU  by EMS Express shipping costs,  1Kg = $30,  1.5kg = $39,  2kg = $48   

« Last Edit: Wed, 11 June 2014, 12:36:43 by sprit »

Offline bianco

60%   75%   110%   Under Assembly 
(Attachment Link)     (Attachment Link)     (Attachment Link)     (Attachment Link)
* Note :    Clear Frosty  vs  White Frosty  (60%,  Protective Coat not removed yet) 

can't believe i missed this post
that 110% is looking fine!
great job mr sprit!

Offline UnlikeAny

Is there a way to see current order quantities?

Offline Magna224

Sprit, any update on availability of Alps PCB?  Really want to put together 1 or 2 of those.

Me too. I hope it actually goes through or ill be very  disappointed. I want a 87% and a 60% too as long as it fits in a poker case. I'm doing blues and pinks.

If you live in AZ you can try my keyboards. I usually keep plenty of different ALPS and MX and buckling springs.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
Is there a way to see current order quantities?
Hello !

60%  and 87% TKL  PCB  are close to the MOQ.   
When the most of 1st round shipping are out,  I will recheck and start the 2nd Round Invoicing!!
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 June 2014, 06:24:36 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Sprit, any update on availability of Alps PCB?  Really want to put together 1 or 2 of those.
Me too. I hope it actually goes through or ill be very  disappointed. I want a 87% and a 60% too as long as it fits in a poker case. I'm doing blues and pinks.

Hello!  Defect  and  Magna224!   ;)
I was trying to answer Defect on this.  Sorry!!!

One of Alps Fan,  Modern Alps 60%, 87% PCBs are my Dream too.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49407.0    http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49408.0

The PCB and Case will be relatively easy as we know.
But in my opinion, the major Obstacles are,
- Switches  :  I am afraid a possible mass muder of old Alps keyboard to harvest the Old Alps Switches, like alps Pink, Blue, Orange.
                      As I posted last time, I have sampled some Taiwanese Alps compatible simplified switches(including linear, non-clicky), the price and quality seems ok, but the MOQ is 50,000.
- Stabilizers, Keycaps  :  need to meet the MOQ.

If someone wants to harvest all the parts from used Alps boards,  in that case, what we need are PCBs and cases.
As the Alps Custom keyboards are one of my goal,  I will try on this project! 

« Last Edit: Fri, 13 June 2014, 06:27:48 by sprit »

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com

Hello!  Defect  and  Magna224!   ;)
I was trying to answer Defect on this.  Sorry!!!

One of Alps Fan,  Modern Alps 60%, 87% PCBs are my Dream too.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49407.0    http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49408.0

The PCB and Case will be relatively easy as we know.
But in my opinion, the major Obstacles are,
- Switches  :  I am afraid a possible mass muder of old Alps keyboard to harvest the Old Alps Switches, like alps Pink, Blue, Orange.
                      As I posted last time, I have sampled some Taiwanese Alps compatible simplified switches(including linear, non-clicky), the price and quality seems ok, but the MOQ is 50,000.
- Stabilizers, Keycaps  :  need to meet the MOQ.

If someone wants to harvest all the parts from used Alps boards,  in that case, what we need are PCBs and cases.
As the Alps Custom keyboards are one of my goal,  I will try on this project! 

And keycaps. It is not trivial to find alps keycaps that will fit a modern layout (from what I can find anyway). It would suck to finally get everything built and working and not be able to use it because you can't find keycaps. Maybe others know where we could get a set of alps caps for a modern layout?

Offline BlueBär

And keycaps. It is not trivial to find alps keycaps that will fit a modern layout (from what I can find anyway). It would suck to finally get everything built and working and not be able to use it because you can't find keycaps. Maybe others know where we could get a set of alps caps for a modern layout?

Matias is working on it, Tai Hao has molds and so do SP.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com

Matias is working on it, Tai Hao has molds and so do SP.

Any of those have reasonably thick options? I know SP DSC and Tai Hao are very thin. I have never seen Matias keycaps, how are they?

Offline BlueBär

Any of those have reasonably thick options? I know SP DSC and Tai Hao are very thin. I have never seen Matias keycaps, how are they?

I think you might enjoy seeing this: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45483.msg1072587#msg1072587

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

I think you might enjoy seeing this: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45483.msg1072587#msg1072587

Nice remind!  Thanks  BlueBear!  :thumb:   

Some Old Taiwanese Alps Compatible Makers have medium-thick keycap Modern 87 winkey moulds, I have been contacting them.
I have not seen Taihao moulds,  Matias caps are thin, as I seen in Matias keyboards.
and the Switch samples need to be evaluated by GH members before the Groupbuy. 
I just become afraid of mass Mudering of Vintage Alps keyboard for harvesting, and also I am aware, this might be a small excuse.

« Last Edit: Fri, 13 June 2014, 08:03:49 by sprit »

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com

Thanks for the link!  That is definitely interesting.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Ordered some of your new high glossy gold springs  :cool:

Thanks sprit!

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
Will the stabs that you're using for this keyboard hang over the PCB? I just learned the hard way that the KBT Pure case will only fit the PCB if nothing hangs over.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline bladegesnow

Pls check your pm sprit. I sent a message to you couple days ago.
More and more and more...

Offline blighty

So, how close are we to finishing up R1 PCBs?  I just realized we are 7 months in with only a few (SMD-less) boards shipped.  Can we get a percentage done?  I understand the time it takes to do the SMD soldering, but it would be nice to know where things stand.  When I paid for shipping months ago, I thought we were almost there... Could we perhaps a total of boards (60/75/110) ordered in R1, and how many left to fill MOQ for R2?  Thanks!
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline BlueBär

Will the stabs that you're using for this keyboard hang over the PCB? I just learned the hard way that the KBT Pure case will only fit the PCB if nothing hangs over.

Normally PCBs shouldn't have anything hanging over? What kind of PCB did you try to put in your Pure case?

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder

Normally PCBs shouldn't have anything hanging over? What kind of PCB did you try to put in your Pure case?

My Pure Pro has the stabs on the spacebar hanging over for some reason.

Offline BlueBär

That is weird, normally the stabilizer wire should be towards the inside, at least on the 60%s I have seen. This is the case with sprit's PCB, too.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder

That is weird, normally the stabilizer wire should be towards the inside, at least on the 60%s I have seen. This is the case with sprit's PCB, too.

Well at least I am going to sell my pure pro to a friend after my sprit gets shipped to me.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
So, how close are we to finishing up R1 PCBs?  I just realized we are 7 months in with only a few (SMD-less) boards shipped.  Can we get a percentage done?  I understand the time it takes to do the SMD soldering, but it would be nice to know where things stand.  When I paid for shipping months ago, I thought we were almost there... Could we perhaps a total of boards (60/75/110) ordered in R1, and how many left to fill MOQ for R2?  Thanks!

+1

This is really starting to drag out longer than most would have expected.

Offline MrChunky

+1

This is really starting to drag out longer than most would have expected.

+1

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Hello!  blightly   ;)
You ordered  1 75% PCB, and 1 87% PCB (changed to 75% later),  and paid shipping on 20th Jan.
SO Sorry!  I am going to ship 2 PCBs  Next Monday! 

Lest of Diodes soldering is the major factor on Round 1 Now. :(
I am doing focusing on this.    around 50 persons left to ship.    I feel so guilty !   :-X :-\ :-\ 
Anyway I am going to make it !!   I am Not watching the Football.   ;)
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 June 2014, 05:20:56 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
In the Round 2, I will try to drop or fill up the MOQs, to boot GB !
People have been waiting too Long. So Sorry !  :-X >:D :-X

Offline MrChunky

Hello!  blightly   ;)
You ordered  1 75% PCB, and 1 87% PCB (chaged to 75% later),  and paid shipping on 20th Jan.

I am doing focusing on this.    around 50 persons left to ship.    I feel so guilty !   :-X :-\ :-\ 

You can watch football and solder, thats what I do  ;)

Otherwise soldering is a mighty boring job.

Offline blighty

Hello!  blightly   ;)
You ordered  1 75% PCB, and 1 87% PCB (changed to 75% later),  and paid shipping on 20th Jan.

In the Round 2, I will try to drop or fill up the MOQs, to boot GB !
People have been waiting too Long. So Sorry !  :-X >:D :-X

Thanks for the heads up.
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
Thanks for the update, appreciate it.
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
In the Round 1,  The failure of PCB MOQs resulted in Manual soldering,  I waited and tried to gather more orders till mid January.
and The Inspection and Reproductions for some parts took a long long time.   I am so sad.     Apology!!!  >:D
I will try my best to ship out the remaining R1 orders, as soon as possible!!!  >:D

In the Round 2,  I will try to gather enough for the MOQs, if Not,  I will drop it or try to fill it.   This may boost the whole speed.
The Process of Inspecting and Sorting Parts and Springs are much improved during R1, I guess it will be much faster (max. 1 months)
The Small parts are already organized to be ready for Round 2.

Thanks Guys for this Happen!   It was my dream to have things like this.  :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 June 2014, 20:03:30 by sprit »

Offline fatchoi

In the Round 1,  The failure of PCB MOQs resulted in Manual soldering,  I waited and tried to gather more orders till mid January.
and The Inspection and Reproductions for some parts took a long long time.   I am so sad.     Apology!!!  >:D
I will try my best to ship out the remaining R1 orders, as soon as possible!!!  >:D [size=78%] [/size]

In the Round 2,  I will try to gather enough for the MOQs, if Not,  I will drop it or try to fill it.   This may boost the whole speed.
The Process of Inspecting and Sorting Parts and Springs are much improved during R1, I guess it will be much faster (max. 1 months)
The Small parts are already organized to be ready for Round 2.

Thanks Guys for this Happen!   It was my dream to have things like this.  :)

Thanks Sprit. Eager to have the 87 kit with me and the spring and oil. Been waiting for oil to start my other board assembly

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
How long do I have left to order?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
How long do I have left to order?

Hello!  Dear Tactical- Stache!!  :)

Do You mean the Round 2 ?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Well at least I am going to sell my pure pro to a friend after my sprit gets shipped to me.
;)
Sorry for the delayed reply!   ;)
Would You please put a small Spacer piece (plastic would better) into between the Toes of Stabs (under the PCB) ?   
It will help to prevent the PCB-mount Stabs hang over the PCB. 

(added)
Hope this might a proper answer!!   ;)

Stabs has a proper direction, the sliders too.
and the holes in the PCB are small or Larger for the Stabs.
and Metal wire(bar) should be inserted properly into the sliders.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 June 2014, 21:59:58 by sprit »

Offline Defect

• I collect keyboards and keyboard accessories
Sprit, just a heads up, I may be adding more things to my order (friend wants to get in on this game, too).

And please please please tell me that you have a 60% alps I can buy haha.

Not pictured: KeyCool 84 [MX Red] | Focus 2001 [Complicated White Alps]
Endgame Board | Defect's Watermelon Board Build Doc

Offline kakakowie

• Make Love not War
If you're missing the MOQ im quite sure there will be a few who would be willing to make additional orders. I know I would, considering how (relatively) fast this GB can be completed.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Are the stabilizers offered PCB mount type?

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
Are the stabilizers offered PCB mount type?

Yup, PCB-mount stabilizers.

Offline hermith

My 75% PCB is on the way! But I wasn't clever enough to buy stabilizers from Sprit (or maybe they weren't in stock, I can't remember).

Does anyone know a good (and relatively quick :P) place to buy PCB-mount cherry stabs? Seems surprisingly hard to find a place to buy them.

Edit: And yeah, that ships to Norway.

Offline kakakowie

• Make Love not War
My 75% PCB is on the way! But I wasn't clever enough to buy stabilizers from Sprit (or maybe they weren't in stock, I can't remember).

Does anyone know a good (and relatively quick :P) place to buy PCB-mount cherry stabs? Seems surprisingly hard to find a place to buy them.

Maybe you should try deskthority (Europe based) as the shipping would probably be cheaper and quicker

Offline hermith

I've looked around on Deskthority and there aren't any obvious sellers on stabilizers at the moment.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

Does anyone know a good (and relatively quick :p ) place to buy PCB-mount cherry stabs? Seems surprisingly hard to find a place to buy them.

Give IMSTO store a try.

Offline hermith

Give IMSTO store a try.

Sweet! Thanks. Exactly what I needed, ordered a set of stabilizers and a set of o-rings for 12 USD + 10 USD shipping.  :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Give IMSTO store a try.

Sweet! Thanks. Exactly what I needed, ordered a set of stabilizers and a set of o-rings for 12 USD + 10 USD shipping.  :thumb:

I am glad you found what you need.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Sprit, just a heads up, I may be adding more things to my order (friend wants to get in on this game, too).

And please please please tell me that you have a 60% alps I can buy haha.

;)    I love to produce one !!!   but learn need to take time 

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
New Cases   (Updated   July 16th)

-  Model  2  Slim                 (Top  &  2-Layerd  :  21mm  Medium Height  :  Not too skinny)   

Model  3  Super Slim   (Top  &  2-Layerd   :  18mm  Low Height,   but higher than Poker II )   

-   Laser & CNC machined as Model 1 Standard
-   Shares Bottom Platform Layer and Basic Structures with Model 1
-   Top 5mm Plate &  2-Layered  Solid 8T Structure
-   Keycaps and Switch Tops are exposed. 

-   60%  Model 2, 3  supports   :   Face U, W,  GH60, Poker I,  most 60% Custom PCBs  (* Poker II  users need a commnet)
-   75%  Model 2, 3  supports   :   MX-mini U, W PCBs.
-   87%  Model 2, 3  supports   :   A.87 PCBs,   Phantom 87%,  and  Most 87% Custom PCBs.
-  110% Model 2, 3  supports   :  110% A.87 Ext. PCBs,  most 110% Custom PCBs.

68609-0 75%  68597-1 75%  68593-2 75% 68601-3 87%  68603-4  87%  68587-5  60% 68589-6  60%  68681-7 60%  68685-8  60%  68605-9 110%   
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 July 2014, 04:40:44 by sprit »

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
Looking good!  :thumb:
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent