Author Topic: RS84 version3 75% kit (Salvage Update)  (Read 106353 times)

Offline mbrown559

Re: RS84 version3 75% kit
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 19:36:26 »
Does anyone know what kind of stabilizers to use with this guy? I ordered one awhile back and paid the invoice.

Does it use cherry stabilizers? (I did buy a plate if that matters)

you need Cherry pcb mounted stabilizers.

Cool that's what I ordered. If anyone else is looking for a set of stabilizers let me know. I think I have time to add another set. I believe it was $8+shipping buying through taobao.

Offline SuperBo

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 00:11:13 »

Here is what the silver plate looks like, the silver feet are similar.
Show Image

There is one question. Can I put ANSI layout on this plate?

Offline Glissant

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 00:39:58 »
That looks like a universal plate, so yes you can make it ansi

Offline dav1k

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 00:52:40 »
The first post on the page has a legended render of the keyboard with some alternative bottom row arrangements. It is specifically shown with the ANSI enter key.

Offline inkwell

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 15:02:59 »
Damn, it looks like i missed this.  Any chance of this returning?  I would love to get my hands on one. 

Offline ys9527

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 17:03:06 »
I recently just moved, what do I need to do in order to change the shipping information????

Offline Glissant

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 09:57:51 »
You need to send an email to the owner of Tom's Hardware requesting the change of address form, then you'll send that to the Cuban embassy in Canada to be verified. After you get it verified with the official Kappa seal of approval you'll have to hand deliver the document to the crown princess of Sweden. She will process your change. Hopefully you'll make it in time.

Or just contact the group buy organizer IvanIvanovich via private message here on the forum.

Offline Wannabe

• Independent Adjudicator
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 09:21:36 »
Any updates for this? I got in all my parts for this build and am excited to get soldering!
I liek keyboards

Offline Jixr

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 09:56:42 »
dang, i should have bought a plate to see if it will fit my redscarf, these pcbs are like jelly and going plateless on them causes massive flex in the case.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 10:03:32 »
dang, i should have bought a plate to see if it will fit my redscarf, these pcbs are like jelly and going plateless on them causes massive flex in the case.

I'll have an extra plate, if you're ever interested.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline ika

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 10:42:21 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 March 2016, 10:20:25 by ika »

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 11:34:42 »
Do we have much of a timeline on this? Not in a hurry, just excited to build another board!

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline Metr0

• HHKB or nuttin
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 06:28:29 »
Do we have much of a timeline on this? Not in a hurry, just excited to build another board!

I'd also like to know!
[WTB] BLANK PINK HHKB ARROW CLUSTER

Offline Glissant

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 17:57:47 »
Ivan mentioned something about the stuff being done or with him some time in September. Nothing else has been said.
I'm sure we'll see some information when it's available.

Edit: He might not even have mentioned September actually, so strike that.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 September 2015, 17:59:31 by Glissant »

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 19:24:16 »
Attaching my keymap.eep file as requested.

Offline Bloo

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 19:40:10 »

Offline Glissant

« Reply #116 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 11:57:55 »
Will it be possible to get an update?

Offline dav1k

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 05:14:10 »
Well, according to information on the forum, Ivan was last seen here on Mon., Sept. 14, 2015; just about 2 weeks ago.

I agree with many of you, an update is very much in order.

I do hope we can learn some positive information soon.

Offline Metr0

• HHKB or nuttin
« Reply #118 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 11:17:07 »
An update would be really nice

Offline Jixr

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 12:22:15 »

Ivan only updates when he has hard news.

He is running a few buys right now, and basically the only thing he could tell you right now is the obvious "in production"

I'm glad he does not fluff his buys with info that constantly leads people on and on like most organizers here do.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 12:55:45 »
I would take a simple "in production" update at this point. It's nice to know that the group buy is moving at least.
Even a post to say he's still alive would be excellent after not logging in since the 14th.

I think there's a big difference between fluffing a group buy and updating with relevant information.

Offline Wannabe

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 12:59:40 »

He is running a few buys right now, and basically the only thing he could tell you right now is the obvious "in production"

I'm glad he does not fluff his buys with info that constantly leads people on and on like most organizers here do.

Orders closed on August 10th so it's been almost 2 months without any updates at all. It's great to not over promise on dates that can't be met, but at this point even just an acknowledgement that its still on going and that something is happening with the GB moving forward, even if it is just an "In Production" from Ivan himself, would be appreciated.
I liek keyboards

Offline Data

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 13:00:00 »

Yeah, you wouldn't want to have a group buy with too much info in it.

Offline ika

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 14:28:30 »

Why's that? Risk of overpromising? Giving out info that you probably shouldn't be giving out? Or is this a sarcastic comment that I didn't get?

Also note that Ivan hurt his arm in an accident a while ago and has been dealing with that. Since he's running a few buys right now I expect everything to be delayed.

That said, I'm quite glad Ivan is a trustworthy member.

Offline Data

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 15:07:01 »

Why's that? Risk of overpromising? Giving out info that you probably shouldn't be giving out? Or is this a sarcastic comment that I didn't get?

Also note that Ivan hurt his arm in an accident a while ago and has been dealing with that. Since he's running a few buys right now I expect everything to be delayed.

That said, I'm quite glad Ivan is a trustworthy member.

I was being sarcastic.  Oversharing is the opposite of a problem when people's money is involved.  The idea that group buy organizers are filling their threads with "fluff info that constantly leads people on and on" is easily the most absurd thing I've heard all day.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 15:14:25 »
its tons better than all the people saying "expected delivery next week" which turns into months, and even year + in some cases.

Ivan's on point, when he knows, you'll know.
Waiting is part of the group buy game
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 September 2015, 15:16:17 by Jixr »

Offline Wannabe

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 15:34:38 »
its tons better than all the people saying "expected delivery next week" which turns into months, and even year + in some cases.

Ivan's on point, when he knows, you'll know.
Waiting is part of the group buy game

I would have to disagree. At least when a group buy has a lot of "fluff" in it there's some confidence that the runner is still active and paying attention and that the group buy is still progressing in some form or other. In the case of this one, there has been no activity or updates at all since the closing of the buy, and Ivan's last post in the thread was on Aug 5th. There has to be some sort of middle ground between providing too much information that turns out being inaccurate and providing absolutely no information or status updates at all. Everybody accepts that waiting is part of the game, but I don't think it's unreasonable for people to want at least one update 7 weeks after orders were closed.
I liek keyboards

Offline Jixr

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 19:42:34 »
I guess some of the new people don't know ivans good history, but if it matters he stated in one of his other threads that he broke his hand, so i'm sure he's dealing with that right now.

But don't worry, I have several perfect orders from ivan, and once he knows, he post, and his shipping is always top. He's one of the few GB people I have no issues giving tons of money to.

Offline dav1k

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 06:59:04 »
I guess some of the new people don't know ivans good history, but if it matters he stated in one of his other threads that he broke his hand, so i'm sure he's dealing with that right now.

But don't worry, I have several perfect orders from ivan, and once he knows, he post, and his shipping is always top. He's one of the few GB people I have no issues giving tons of money to.

Jixr,

Thank you for providing this information. This gives me confidence. I'm new to the community here and this is one of my first couple group buys. I think some other satisfied clients of his posted laudatory comments as well; that helped with the initial commitment.

I guess I will simple sit back and await any news. I hope to be another satisfied client =P 

Offline Wannabe

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 08:51:12 »
Did not see that he broke his hand. Thanks for the info! Very excited about this buy...can't get enough 75%.
I liek keyboards

Offline Glissant

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 09:53:22 »
Asking for an update was never about not trusting Ivan. I am simply excited about getting the kit so I can build a cool board. Getting a single thumbs up after the buy was closed would even have been something.
So just that it's clear; Ivan is absolutely to be trusted with or without an update, but it doesn't change the fact that it would be nice to hear something about an exciting product that we are getting.

And I hope Ivan is doing well considering.

Offline Metr0

• HHKB or nuttin
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 20:54:13 »
Any updates......?  :'(

Offline Glissant

« Reply #132 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 09:19:00 »
If anybody has direct contact with Ivan it would be great if you reached out to him to see what's going on with him.
He hasn't been logged in to his account since 14 September and he isn't replying to private messages, so even if Jixr is completely confident that nothing is wrong, experience dictates that when people disappear like this there is something wrong.
Hopefully Ivan is doing well, but I think it's time for people to hear that he's alive at least.

Keep in mind this isn't the only buy he is running at the moment.

I am primarily asking because I need to change my address before November. Secondarily I'm actually worried that Ivan is out of commission because of something worse than his BMX injury.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 October 2015, 09:22:09 by Glissant »

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #133 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 09:52:19 »
I'm in on a different group buy and I am starting to wonder.  A month is a long time to be inactive.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Metr0

• HHKB or nuttin
« Reply #134 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 11:41:46 »
If anybody has direct contact with Ivan it would be great if you reached out to him to see what's going on with him.
He hasn't been logged in to his account since 14 September and he isn't replying to private messages, so even if Jixr is completely confident that nothing is wrong, experience dictates that when people disappear like this there is something wrong.
Hopefully Ivan is doing well, but I think it's time for people to hear that he's alive at least.

Keep in mind this isn't the only buy he is running at the moment.

I am primarily asking because I need to change my address before November. Secondarily I'm actually worried that Ivan is out of commission because of something worse than his BMX injury.

I'm in on a different group buy and I am starting to wonder.  A month is a long time to be inactive.

This is getting beyond ridiculous... :'(

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #135 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 09:54:06 »
great, now Ivan is gone... I think I'm ****ing done with GB's from now on...
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Metr0

• HHKB or nuttin
« Reply #136 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 16:25:54 »
great, now Ivan is gone... I think I'm ****ing done with GB's from now on...

This is my first proper group buy  :'(

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 16:21:58 »
Just chill guys. These GBs take a long time, and it is not uncommon to have no update for a month. People have things to deal with, and maybe something came up for Ivan.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Glissant

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 17:31:03 »
There is no need to try to mediate here.
Ivan hasn't logged in to his geekhack account in over a month, which is extremely strange for a group buy organizer that is running several gbs at once. Not to mention he is a global moderator too.

God forbid something is actually wrong with Ivan, but if we just let this go on without actually finding out, we will all be out of the money we invested if something has happened that will prevent him from fulfilling the group buy.
Just letting stuff like this slide is what has made a lot of group buys sour for a lot of people lately.
It's time to stop giving the excuse "group buys take time, so don't ask for updates".

Ivan last said something 5th of august in this thread. Ivan mentioned something specific about the group buy 30th of July, so it's clearly way over two and a half months since we had any updates.

Edit: OK guess I'm not getting the kit. Hope you guys get your kits. Doesn't seem like Ivan even wanted to talk about changing my address so he just refunded me straight up without a reply.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 October 2015, 19:02:42 by Glissant »

Offline ika

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 18:36:53 »
As an aside, about a week after RS84 was supposedly closed, I noticed the GB form was still open. I submitted it, I got an invoice in a couple of days, then the form was closed when I checked again a few days later. Shortly afterwards he posted about his accident. So even if he didn't post about it, things were most likely moving forward.

That's not to excuse the incommunicado, but to hopefully shed some light on his activity towards the end of the GB. Not sure how much it helps.

Offline Metr0

• HHKB or nuttin
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 19:42:59 »
As an aside, about a week after RS84 was supposedly closed, I noticed the GB form was still open. I submitted it, I got an invoice in a couple of days, then the form was closed when I checked again a few days later. Shortly afterwards he posted about his accident. So even if he didn't post about it, things were most likely moving forward.

That's not to excuse the incommunicado, but to hopefully shed some light on his activity towards the end of the GB. Not sure how much it helps.

Good to hear that at least something has happened, but at least a "They're ordered" or such from Ivan would set a lot of people's minds at ease and would easily buy him 1 to 2 months more time if he had any serious problems that we are not aware of.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #141 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 13:51:19 »
OK. For the people wondering. It seems like Ivan at least is checking his email/paypal because he pretty much instantly refunded me even though I only asked for an address change.
Hope you all get what you're looking for.

Offline Metr0

• HHKB or nuttin
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 17:33:05 »
OK. For the people wondering. It seems like Ivan at least is checking his email/paypal because he pretty much instantly refunded me even though I only asked for an address change.
Hope you all get what you're looking for.

He's refunding people then??? D:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 18:16:17 »
Please no, not again. I was sure that an Ivan GB would be a sure bet.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Glissant

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 18:18:21 »
I didn't want to post again in this thread, but I have to.
Ivan is not refunding out of nowhere. I opened a dispute to cover my bases if he didn't reply about my address change. Ivan or someone that has access to his paypal decided to just refund me instead of just talking to me and changing my address.

Offline fliptrik

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 00:38:52 »
This is a bummer. I was hoping for some sort of signal that he's still alive.

Offline ika

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 01:02:12 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71507.msg1905753#msg1905753

Here's to hoping we'll get an update from the man himself soon!

Offline Metr0

• HHKB or nuttin
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 14:48:09 »
sigh... Has anyone heard anything?

Offline duckness

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 23:51:12 »
sigh... Has anyone heard anything?

see:

And I did speak to him briefly the other day; he said he is working on group buy things, and will be updating once he makes some progress.  I'm not sure if we can assume he has caps in hand or not, but he is not off on an island with our cash.  :D
I emailed Ivan a few days ago about adding spacebars to an order that was transferred to me and he replied pretty quick saying I should ask again once he has received the keys. He is pretty busy at the moment.
I talked to Ivan and like I said, No news is good news with him!!!

It's just down to waiting...

Offline Wannabe

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 10:49:09 »
How long is an acceptable amount of time to wait for this? I am fully aware of the situation with Ivan's injury, however going this long without any sort of update or activity at all does not instill confidence.
I liek keyboards