geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

OLED for PC gaming (LG 48CX) - new question: burn-in process

<< < (2/11) > >>

Coreda:
I've read that even with the new LG CX series marketing a 100,000 hour screen lifespan owners consider just a 'few years' of peak operation as more realistic, which seems crazy to me given the expense.

While tp above suggests that lowering the max nits helps. I'd be interested in more testing if I were to trust something will last. For something like PC use I would think having a different display type would be better and reserving the OLED for games/films with less static content.

jeaneallenn:

--- Quote from: phinix on Fri, 06 November 2020, 19:29:42 ---
I was looking at some cheapest OLEDs, like around £900, like 55" Philips 55OLED754.
That new LG CX 48" looks good, but its more expensive.
Reason is Iw ould like to change something in overall gaming experience, more vivid colors, amazing blacks etc.

--- End quote ---
I wish it can really help you. LG is the best choice. I will suggest you buy LG electronics OLED55E7P 55-Inch. It's expensive but durable.
https://mediaelites.com/best-65-inch-4k-tv-under-1000/

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: Coreda on Sat, 07 November 2020, 01:43:57 ---I've read that even with the new LG CX series marketing a 100,000 hour screen lifespan owners consider just a 'few years' of peak operation as more realistic, which seems crazy to me given the expense.

While tp above suggests that lowering the max nits helps. I'd be interested in more testing if I were to trust something will last. For something like PC use I would think having a different display type would be better and reserving the OLED for games/films with less static content.

--- End quote ---

Oled as a technology is just not suitable for persistent huds.   But China moves fast enough such that it may not be a big deal, because you'll buy another one for $200 in 5 years.

Imagine 10 years ago,  a 65" tv for $230,   Impossible.

phinix:
It would be a lot easier if they made OLED monitors... for less money.
or at least 40" TVs.

Maybe this Samsung  43" Q60T QLED 4K would be better?

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: phinix on Sat, 07 November 2020, 11:11:07 ---It would be a lot easier if they made OLED monitors... for less money.
or at least 40" TVs.

Maybe this Samsung  43" Q60T QLED 4K would be better?

--- End quote ---

That model doesn't have the gaming features.  Variable Refresh, and 120hz input.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version