Author Topic: [IC]Sanctuary Rebirth-Diablo-Inspired Exocet Keyset [Waiting for samples R2]  (Read 185913 times)

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
I disagree with greek or katakana sublegends. It goes against the idea of the set and will add cost to an addon that might not hit MOQ if included. I'd rather we focus on getting down the core concept of the set (diablo theme) then talking about potential addons, if at all.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
If one were to do sub-legends - especially considering custom legends are easier with dye sub - then the 33 runes from Diablo II would be ideal.

Sorry for the low quality image, but this best displays all the runes with their respective names.
There are exactly 33 keys occupying the main alpha area in the center of the keyboard which just makes the idea make that much more sense and work so much more perfectly.
The only concern is that the keys on the right hand side already have sub-legends to fit two different symbols.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
I agree, having sub-legends just for the sake of having sub-legends makes no sense. The driving point of this set is the Diablo "Exocet" font.

(gallery)
(btw i'm seeing potion and tportal novelties I forgot Sanctuary had lol)

Having sub-legends would muddy the focus of the set. I do like the idea of an alternative rune set though, that's very on-brand.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
I agree. If it was just a red and black set, then katakana or something else would look good, but it doesn't make sense with the Diablo focus of the set.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline p_blaze

I dunno, I like the look of symbols but I need my lettering
I guess we can always try to make a mockup and see the appeal

Offline Vigrith

I must be missing something. What in the world would Japanese/Greek sublegends do to this set? The runes suggested by Frosty would potentially be a really cool idea and worth testing out in render form but... alternative alphabet legends? For a set that already has Exocet font as its main appeal?

What.

Offline Remsky

If one were to do sub-legends - especially considering custom legends are easier with dye sub - then the 33 runes from Diablo II would be ideal.
Show Image

Sorry for the low quality image, but this best displays all the runes with their respective names.
There are exactly 33 keys occupying the main alpha area in the center of the keyboard which just makes the idea make that much more sense and work so much more perfectly.
The only concern is that the keys on the right hand side already have sub-legends to fit two different symbols.
I really like this idea. After the typeway/font gets finished up we should def take a poll to see if there would be interest in rune sublegends.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
runic sub legend will take the time too much. I guess i can do it but i can't promise a thing.

As for sir blaze, i think remsky's opinion already represented my opinion that katakana/greek sub legend goes against the idea of this set, so i won't add those sub legends in this run, sorry :(
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline p_blaze

runic sub legend will take the time too much. I guess i can do it but i can't promise a thing.

As for sir blaze, i think remsky's opinion already represented my opinion that katakana/greek sub legend goes against the idea of this set, so i won't add those sub legends in this run, sorry :(

Yeah, i was just tossing ideas in. I personsonally prefer the runic ones if it is a possibility, and I think that would attract a lot of buyers.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
I would potentially be interested in the runes, but not if it increases the price of the kits too much. Otherwise, I think sublegends is against the spirit of this set.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
if there's a possibilities, i'm gonna run another separate run for runic i guess. i need time for that because typesetting runic legend is going to take some time. maybe another IC after this, because i want to focus without sub legends for now.
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline HotRoderX

This is just my 2 cents but I think this run should be keep pure.. just do the set as intended no sub legends. when this set does nicely then mock up a set using just the rune's as legends and have that be a Sanctuary Rekindled set are something. Since dyesubbing is far more flexible then double shot. I would think it even be possible to do custom modifier's based off runes combos found in the game. I think it would make a interesting set to say the least. That would be something down the road to explorer.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
after i seeing the runes in details.. it will be too weird for using the runes as alphas. i have other plans for this.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 April 2018, 01:29:17 by Dymloslouire »

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
i posted a little update at post #2. but for some of you who are lazy, i'll post at this as well.

xx(forgot when)/3 - Purchased fonts. (I don't want exocet creator to sue me). a selection of novelties are selected. 4 of them being diablo's [X] on esc, a  Potion for Q, Town portal for T (keeping the original concept), diablo skull on Esc, and Sanctuary for enter.
there's a little surprise coming for F row. so that's 17 novelties in total. maybe i'll add 3 more for Print screen, scroll lock and pause. also Blue orb and Red orb for each 1u and 1.25u. totalling frikkin' 24 keys.

Offline sevenseacat

Love it!

Offline HotRoderX

i posted a little update at post #2. but for some of you who are lazy, i'll post at this as well.

xx(forgot when)/3 - Purchased fonts. (I don't want exocet creator to sue me). a selection of novelties are selected. 4 of them being diablo's [X] on esc, a  Potion for Q, Town portal for T (keeping the original concept), diablo skull on Esc, and Sanctuary for enter.
there's a little surprise coming for F row. so that's 17 novelties in total. maybe i'll add 3 more for Print screen, scroll lock and pause. also Blue orb and Red orb for each 1u and 1.25u. totalling frikkin' 24 keys.

I am a bit confused by your post and what you mean? Are you saying the alphas will be different from whats in the renders? Also will the set include non novelties for Q,T because I would prefer standard letters/numbers I do like the Red and blue orbs thought that's a must. Don't forget the buff potions if you needed any substitute novelties. So far really loving this set I can't wait. Hopefully it still shoots in at the sub 120 dollar range.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire

I am a bit confused by your post and what you mean? Are you saying the alphas will be different from whats in the renders? Also will the set include non novelties for Q,T because I would prefer standard letters/numbers I do like the Red and blue orbs thought that's a must. Don't forget the buff potions if you needed any substitute novelties. So far really loving this set I can't wait. Hopefully it still shoots in at the sub 120 dollar range.

umm, where is the part that you are confused? if it's about font, i'm just buying the license for exocet to use it commercially.

and yes, the set will include the ordinary Q and T.

buff pots are cute tho. i'll see what i can do, but 24 novelties are more than enough, i suppose.

--
about the price, as the set will be divided by smaller kit, so if you're just buying what you need i guess the price are not going to rise up by much  :))

Offline Chimera

in for these

Offline mogo

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear on it and I hope the fee for the font wasn't too bad, but it's good to be safer than sorry! I'm excited to see what you've got coming for all the novelties.  :thumb:

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
time for an update.

===
to be edited

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
right, i have updated the image at page 1. it should be more clear now.

we are scheduled to run after terminal r2 gb. that's around 4 weeks from now. i'll update the exact date when the terminal r2 begins.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro

we are scheduled to run after terminal r2 gb. that's around 4 weeks from now. i'll update the exact date when the terminal r2 begins.
Pro kit needs a fix. Alt on left should be Alt not Alt Gr

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire

Pro kit needs a fix. Alt on left should be Alt not Alt Gr

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

thanks for the very quick response! edited.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 April 2018, 07:23:14 by Dymloslouire »

Offline pvd

It looks pretty good, but seeing “Caps Lock” and “tab” spelled out in Exocet looks so wrong. Seeing something so mundane spelled out in a cool font ruins the vibe for me. I would strongly prefer the icon modifiers of the DCS set.

Offline Remsky

I take that back, I really dont think Icon mods work well with exocet text. It just looks out of place.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 April 2018, 10:15:29 by Remsky »

Offline ipley

im in
Opened When..??!?

And.. Winkey angel and demon Not Incloud??
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 April 2018, 13:40:25 by ipley »

Offline mogo

Fantastic! Not long now. Also, you may wanna spell check your signature line...  :-X

Offline M

scheduled to run after terminal r2 gb. that's around 4 weeks from now.

It might be hard to get a lot of this set sold because of the large amount of other sets that are planned to release soon, but I'm confident the low MOQ will help towards the set being successful seeing how many people are interested in it.

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/

It might be hard to get a lot of this set sold because of the large amount of other sets that are planned to release soon, but I'm confident the low MOQ will help towards the set being successful seeing how many people are interested in it.

any sets you had in mind actually? since Terminal is delayed and then TKC is actually also planning to run GMK Skidata R2 (name tbd), so I'm guessing this may come at the same time or maybe even after so thats actually quite a ways away. If this is the case, it kinda steer clear of sets coming till like mid to late Q3-ish tbh so won't clash with any sets coming 'soon'.

I do kinda prefer to believe this is the case as that would mean there will be time to sort out even further things for GB like more proxies etc.

Alps64 w/ Orange Alps | SatanGH60 Gartistotles

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
I take that back, I really dont think Icon mods work well with exocet text. It just looks out of place.

+1. see below.

im in
Opened When..??!?

And.. Winkey angel and demon Not Incloud??

ETA 4 weeks.

it will be different. outlining novelties is harder than i thought  :'(

any sets you had in mind actually? since Terminal is delayed and then TKC is actually also planning to run GMK Skidata R2 (name tbd), so I'm guessing this may come at the same time or maybe even after so thats actually quite a ways away. If this is the case, it kinda steer clear of sets coming till like mid to late Q3-ish tbh so won't clash with any sets coming 'soon'.

I do kinda prefer to believe this is the case as that would mean there will be time to sort out even further things for GB like more proxies etc.

terminal is supposed to run this week. but it's delayed because one of the TKC founder are very busy with his personal problem right now.

yeah, i'm still discussing about proxies and such. more proxies will be announced soon, I hope. i'm looking somewhere around EU as we speak.

Fantastic! Not long now. Also, you may wanna spell check your signature line...  :-X

HAHAHA. yeah i'll edit it soon  :p

It looks pretty good, but seeing “Caps Lock” and “tab” spelled out in Exocet looks so wrong. Seeing something so mundane spelled out in a cool font ruins the vibe for me. I would strongly prefer the icon modifiers of the DCS set.

nah, icon mods of the DCS set is kinda out of place as well. if i were to make an icon mod out of it, i need to make it from the scratch again to match the font. and that takes time.... it's very time consuming. (i have already typesetted each of the font here and that's why you see a long interval between the updates).. maybe R2. i have some plans for this set as well.

the MOQ is (kinda) low, and i have planned that the release of this set won't overlap the others. with the low price as well, i'm confident this set can make it through  :))

Offline tanvir175

Always down for some black/red. Hope pricing is in my budget. What are people's opinions of DCS?

Offline Remsky

Always down for some black/red. Hope pricing is in my budget. What are people's opinions of DCS?
This isn't DCS, its 5 way pbt dyesub. Cherry profile.

Offline tanvir175

This isn't DCS, its 5 way pbt dyesub. Cherry profile.

Oh, didn't really read through the entire thread. Saw original link with DCS and thought it would be the same this time. Thanks!

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
A small request and I'm not sure if this is even doable, but if there could be a pack with 10-20 or so single caps (maybe novelties) to put on macro keys that would be great. My Gamdias has 5 on the side, 6 on the bottom and 2 next to the arrow keys so they look kind of out of place if the other keys don't match.

Offline tanvir175

A small request and I'm not sure if this is even doable, but if there could be a pack with 10-20 or so single caps (maybe novelties) to put on macro keys that would be great. My Gamdias has 5 on the side, 6 on the bottom and 2 next to the arrow keys so they look kind of out of place if the other keys don't match.

OP's latest update said that novelties are being worked on. Not sure how many it'll be but since they won't require new molds, hopefully it won't be too expensive to have 10-20 novelties.

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/

terminal is supposed to run this week. but it's delayed because one of the TKC founder are very busy with his personal problem right now.

yeah, i'm still discussing about proxies and such. more proxies will be announced soon, I hope. i'm looking somewhere around EU as we speak.

mykeyboard.eu have recently been so active in being EU GB proxy for many different sets, not sure if they've got their hands full but they might be willing :)
Alps64 w/ Orange Alps | SatanGH60 Gartistotles

Offline crystalhand

Big fan of the way this set looks.  Diablo was an instrumental part of my childhood.  I dont have any boards to use it on as its a little sparce for dactyl/manuform.

Offline HotRoderX

is this still slated to run with thekeycompany? I mean as of the moment seems all there project's are on hold due to real life issues. I would be cool with just ZFrontier running it they seem to have a good proven track record. Are allowing someone else other then Kono in the community to take the reigns of selling it. Still really really excited this is hands down one of my favorite sets for 2018

Offline Remsky

is this still slated to run with thekeycompany? I mean as of the moment seems all there project's are on hold due to real life issues. I would be cool with just ZFrontier running it they seem to have a good proven track record. Are allowing someone else other then Kono in the community to take the reigns of selling it. Still really really excited this is hands down one of my favorite sets for 2018
Its still with TKC rn, set will still happen, its still slotted for after terminal R2.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
Big fan of the way this set looks.  Diablo was an instrumental part of my childhood.  I dont have any boards to use it on as its a little sparce for dactyl/manuform.

thanks! i tried to accommodate boards with weird layout and this is as far as i can get  :(

yeah, due to IRL issues. but i have high trust to them already, so I think i don't really want to switch from them (and beside i know what real life issues that they are going about right now, so i know the severity of it and the possibility of messing this up, which is kinda low.)
Zfrontier is a must for me, it helps me reach out those chinese ppl to reach MOQ needed.

thank you for your support!

mykeyboard.eu have recently been so active in being EU GB proxy for many different sets, not sure if they've got their hands full but they might be willing :)

thanks for the tip. i'll try to reach out to them somehow.

novelty is still on the works. don't you worry.

Its still with TKC rn, set will still happen, its still slotted for after terminal R2.

yep.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek

Offline wangledorf

• Formerly pewing
Haven't been paying much attention to GH lately so I'm just now seeing this thread but dear god I am so stoked for this set to run again!

Also, I get why they won't be in the first run but I really hope rune alphas are considered in the future! For people with non-standard layouts or those who don't use qwerty it would make covering a board much easier.  :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 May 2018, 21:13:02 by pewing »

Offline Remsky

I still got hype in me for this set  :)

Offline Chimera

Is the estimated date for GB still on track, or delayed? I really want this set

Offline lumpofunworth

• I’m a guy, that does stuff, with things, for fun.
Looks really cool, if I have the money come group buy time I’m in :)
I like keyboards like I like people... I like keyboards a bit more come to think of it... nvm

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
Assuming the price isn't to the moon, I'm definitely in.

Offline Krona

I would get an icon-only set for this. Ideas for novelties - health globes with the demons (the health bar and mana bar for each character below) - and of course the ring gfx (blue stone, etc.)

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
I would get an icon-only set for this. Ideas for novelties - health globes with the demons (the health bar and mana bar for each character below) - and of course the ring gfx (blue stone, etc.)

That's already been discussed.

Offline Remsky

Is the estimated date for GB still on track, or delayed? I really want this set
This set was linked to TKC, so I think you can imagine why it has been delayed so long lol.

Offline Chimera

This should run before r2 of terminal. I prefer it way more so I'm biased haha. Please don't let this set die! It's one of the best on IC imo