Author Topic: Hi new to the forum  (Read 2244 times)

Offline MASSKILLA

Hi new to the forum
« on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 14:06:41 »
Hello everyone i am a new member to the geekhack forum.
I am starting a new company dedicated to Custom Keycaps and am always looking for suggestions and ideas such as designs and what is currently missing in the Keycap world.
By no means am i advertising just interested in peoples ideas! :D :eek: :thumb:

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
Re: Hi new to the forum
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 15:43:49 »
Welcome  :D

I think my keycap desires are all covered between Hammer working on BSP PBT reissue and Matt3o with MT3 PBT hipro sphericals

Maybe thick, low profile spherical caps? Haven't even began to think about the logistics... but the feeling of thin ABS turned me away from DSA despite how good it can look.

What boards/keycaps have you been able to try?

Offline MASSKILLA

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 17:39:50 »
I am new to the Keycap industry and am looking for feedback so when i start my production i will have a wide range of products.
I am currently developing a Carbon Fiber Keycap that will have a textured feeling of the carbon depending on the placement and direction of the carbon. It could be a full carbon Keycap or a overlayed Carbon top on basically any material.

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 18:26:28 »
I am new to the Keycap industry and am looking for feedback so when i start my production i will have a wide range of products.
I am currently developing a Carbon Fiber Keycap that will have a textured feeling of the carbon depending on the placement and direction of the carbon. It could be a full carbon Keycap or a overlayed Carbon top on basically any material.

Hey, that's interesting! I've had a carbon fiber case for my phone and the (literally) cool feeling of the material does feel nice to the touch..

This thread may be of interest to you  :thumb:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=27172.0

Offline MASSKILLA

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 14:31:26 »
I have been playing around with carbon for about a year now making my own cell phone cases and various parts for projects and have found different processes to make the carbon feel and look different. I have made a few keycaps and found it very difficult to make the bottom keys for different switches. But have found a way to make it less time consuming. I was looking into 3D printing with carbon but one key would cost like $600.00 because of the material purchase and 3D printer is really expensive.