Author Topic: New 60% board... whatever it is called. +Rumors and speculations.  (Read 50888 times)

Offline shibbyllama889

Re: New 60% board... whatever it is called. +Rumors and speculations.
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 20:38:30 »
Holy **** that FC660M is close to a perfect layout. I'd remap the insert and delete keys to Home and End though. I personally prefer to have Fn where R-Alt normally is, but I could probably get used to it elsewhere. It's a shame those two keys just hanging out there look so odd. It's a neat idea though.

Offline sordna

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 21:01:17 »
It's a waste of space, there above they arrow keys, they need to make it 68-keys. For a long time I've been wishing for a RACE-like keyboard without a F-key row, guess it would be more of a 67% keyboard :-)
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 21:12:32 »
@sorda: 5x16 sounds good. Basically like a Keycool 84 without the Function row (68 keys like you mentioned). It looks like TEX went with a new mold this time and I heard that new mold runs in the 20-30k region. They could have gone with "65%" size while they were at it. It would have made the layout a bit less cluttered and differentiate from other boards.

Edit: I really should get in the habit of replying immediately instead of sitting on an open tab for 15 min before replying. I think the most I ever been ninjaed by is like 30 minutes ;o
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 January 2013, 21:15:28 by laffindude »

Offline calavera

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 04:00:26 »
Damn, I came in here to find out where to get a Poker 2 but now I'm keeping my eye out for the leopold one. Definitely going to buy one. :D

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 05:20:41 »
well, there is one more model call poker s.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 05:24:18 »
I am lazy, can you link me to Poker S?

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 05:30:51 »
I am lazy, can you link me to Poker S?
no prototype right now. And i think poker x and poker s will be delayed because of ducky 2108.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 05:35:45 »
I haven't been following. What exactly is a Poker X and S? I'll update the names if they're one of those I listed.

Offline Sinzz

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 18:32:28 »
Maybe the Poker X is the classic poker, I know for some car models in Japan (like mine) X is the base model.. but then again, it's not japanese made...

would like to hear more info about this X and S and why it's being delayed just because another company is making a keyboard.
Keycool 84 MX Blue | Pure Pro | HHKB Pro 2

Offline sordna

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 23:04:07 »
Poker X is the good old original poker folks, the one so many of us have. Look underneath and you'll see the label, mine says: Poker X KBC, Enjoy your Feeling, Model Name:PFCN6000
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Sinzz

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 09 February 2013, 03:52:38 »
guhh, the more I look at the new Filco one, the more I want it.. but the Poker 2 is going to be my main keyboard, while the Filco will most likely be an on the go keyboard.

now the question is, which one will be Red and which other switch type should I get.. (black or brown)?

Offline ajx

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 23:09:34 »
this is KBT Pure ISO version

http://www.cowcotland.com/news/35445/cowcot-tv-presentation-clavier-kbt-pure-iso.html

big thanks to Attarian who managed to build those keyboard in ISO version
available soon and on several ISO versions such as french, german, uk, ita...
the ANSI empire will be broken soon  >:D

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #112 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 23:19:48 »

I don't think that's the Pure. That looks more like an ISO version of the Poker 2.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #113 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 23:44:46 »

I don't think that's the Pure. That looks more like an ISO version of the Poker 2.

This^ http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.1.USHD72&id=18802468349

Offline Sinzz

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 00:03:00 »
so wait.. is it out already?! because if so, point me in the direction!
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 February 2013, 00:05:39 by Sinzz »

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 00:04:56 »
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's just a pre-order page. They've had 10 of each switch listed for quite awhile.

Offline Sinzz

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 00:08:31 »
D:.. then I guess still no release date? Pictures that we haven't seen before and Video's have been surfacing though..

On the Taobao page, it says that the Pro uses PBT while the II uses ABS and has LEDs

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 06:21:35 »
The Taobao page said the Pro has both PBT version and LED with ABS version.
ISO version of the Poker 2 will probably be called Pure Pro. However, didn't Ducky Nordic say he had Vortex change it to 63 keys (Pure layout but in ISO)? Either that is still the engineering sample, or he failed miserably.

Offline ajx

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 06:45:46 »

from video which i gave link for, it's clearly announced as ''KBT Pure'' an iso version
however it was an pre-released version
final version will be released from mid-march

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 07:27:21 »
There are reasons I call it a Pure Pro. 1. It is called that by brother meat. 2. http://kbtpure.com/

Pre-release version doesn't mean much. Is it the engineering sample or production sample? It is already mentioned engineering sample is in 67 key layout, and production sample will be 63keys. There are 3 explanations for the video: that is the engineering sample, that is a production sample and 63 version dropped, or they are going to make both 67 and 63 key versions.

Offline ajx

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 14:42:51 »
ah misunderstood you, i didnt notice Pure instead of Poker
final release version will be different from that sample.
which modifications? honestly, i dont know much about that
maybe you r right, they will adjust keys.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 15:10:45 »
The gap between Poker and Pure will be non-existent in the coming boards. They'll have shared PCBs, differing only in the key layouts. I believe only US ANSI...ish boards will be called Poker something. ISO may be all Pure Pros. I could find out more if I feel like interrupting people's Chinese New Year vacation.

http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ducky-nordic-keyboards-keycaps-projects-and-misc-stuff-t4718-30.html <= you can see what I am talking about with the Ducky Nordic thing here.

Not sure the PN layer has relevance any more. Brother meat's posts make it seem like the both the top layer and the FN layer are both fully programmable (aside from FN and PN). May be I am being presumptuous, but not mentioning of the 3rd PN layer seems to suggest it doesn't exist any more.

Offline sordna

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 01:51:20 »
Hey I just saw the video now, looks like the new Pure has a plate indeed

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 09:45:25 »
^AFAIK, all these new Vortex boards are going to be plate mounted. The plate is similar to beast's plate in that it is only mounted to the switch.

It is hammer rumor time. 61key (ANSI) version of the new Poker line seems definite, but no time frame yet. I would guess it is going to be programmable. We'll see. 67key that very few people care about will probably be shipping next month. I'll probably pass on this and try to get a sample of the 61 key version.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 10:35:22 »
^AFAIK, all these new Vortex boards are going to be plate mounted. The plate is similar to beast's plate in that it is only mounted to the switch.

It is hammer rumor time. 61key (ANSI) version of the new Poker line seems definite, but no time frame yet. I would guess it is going to be programmable. We'll see. 67key that very few people care about will probably be shipping next month. I'll probably pass on this and try to get a sample of the 61 key version.

Do you know if they plan to make an alu-bottomed version like the pure 'limited'?
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Sinzz

New 60% board... whatever it is called. +Rumors and speculations.
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 10:43:39 »
Still no word on releases date for the poker huh? :(

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 14:55:42 »
I just got a Poker X (the one we all know and love) from MechanicalKeyboads.com yesterday. I bought it because ShakeR has said that they aren't making any more aand they only had one left (MX-Black).

If the new ones are plate mounted and programmable, then that is very interesting and compelling and I can see why they opted to stop making the original Poker. However, if it's anything like the Pure Pro, I'll pass. That board is a disaster.

Offline cobraj

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 16:12:54 »
I just got a Poker X (the one we all know and love) from MechanicalKeyboads.com yesterday. I bought it because ShakeR has said that they aren't making any more aand they only had one left (MX-Black).

If the new ones are plate mounted and programmable, then that is very interesting and compelling and I can see why they opted to stop making the original Poker. However, if it's anything like the Pure Pro, I'll pass. That board is a disaster.

Yeah defs.
Too many keys looks so messy.
And plate isn't really an issue, you can always just get one from The_Beast and have it look so nice as well.

Offline sordna

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 20:33:50 »
And plate isn't really an issue, you can always just get one from The_Beast and have it look so nice as well.

But you have do desolder all the switches to install a plate, ouch. Soldering is fun, desoldering is NOT.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 20:37:40 »

I agree. I would like it if they would release an improved, plate mounted keyboard with the same layout as the Poker. IMO the Poker layout is just about perfect for a 60% board.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 21:03:41 »

But you have do desolder all the switches to install a plate, ouch. Soldering is fun, desoldering is NOT.

BOTH suck.... when you have to do so many switches.... even with a pump...

This is why I am looking for an END ALL board, because I just want to call it... be done with this abyss until some actually "NEW" switch come out.

Cuz, with all the endless iterations so far... between the mx switches,, You're really buying the SAME damn thing OVER AND OVER again..

this is stupid....

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #132 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 14:54:04 »
What is a Poker II, and what is a Pure Pro is settled. Pre pre-order announcement on KBT mentioned that the 67 key ANSI plus 68k ISO will be called Pure Pro. The standard layout boards will be called Poker II. I guess it is just shuffling of product names prior to launch. There is still the Poker Pro. May be got lost in the name shuffle? Or people can't keep their names straight?
The announcement also clarified that both the top and fn layers are programmable. PBT is going to be on the KBT groupbuy, but LED will happen eventually. Pretty much no surprises, other than the name thing.
I could go borrow the sample, but probably won't since care level is very low.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 February 2013, 15:01:21 by laffindude »

Offline Sinzz

New 60% board... whatever it is called. +Rumors and speculations.
« Reply #133 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 15:07:42 »
So the pure is the one with the arrow cluster?

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #134 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 15:13:40 »
Yep.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #135 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 15:32:37 »

Sample of the Pure Pro, or one of the other boards?

Offline aviphysics

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 16:28:46 »
What is a Poker II, and what is a Pure Pro is settled. Pre pre-order announcement on KBT mentioned that the 67 key ANSI plus 68k ISO will be called Pure Pro. The standard layout boards will be called Poker II. I guess it is just shuffling of product names prior to launch. There is still the Poker Pro. May be got lost in the name shuffle? Or people can't keep their names straight?
The announcement also clarified that both the top and fn layers are programmable. PBT is going to be on the KBT groupbuy, but LED will happen eventually. Pretty much no surprises, other than the name thing.

Would you mind linking to the groupbuy? I can't find it for the life of me.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #137 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 22:24:30 »
Group buy hasn't started yet, it is just a pre pre-ordering announcement on the KBTalKing forum (GH would be the wrong place to look ;)).

Offline aviphysics

« Reply #138 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 23:24:16 »
Group buy hasn't started yet, it is just a pre pre-ordering announcement on the KBTalKing forum (GH would be the wrong place to look ;)).

I was looking across the web. I think it was just hard for me to find because of the not being written in English part.

There is some mention of wireless in the machine translate posts. It isn't mentioned in the main post though. Is that going to happen?
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 February 2013, 23:45:09 by aviphysics »

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #139 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 01:13:40 »
Unlikely. Even if Vortex had one made, I would steer a few light years away from it.

I could have sworn I replied @ mashby, but I guess not. Yes @ Pure Pro.

Edit: In the thread, head of KBT claimed the case is incompatible with current Pure/Poker case due to the steel plate. The early engineering sample I had my hands on were mounted in a case exactly like Pure's case, and mounted with 6 screws in the same location. I am not entirely convinced Vortex had a new mold made. We'll see.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 February 2013, 03:27:44 by laffindude »

Offline nullstring

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 11:11:54 »
laffindude, are we now 100% sure that the new pure and poker are going to be 100% programmable.
I've read the announcement above and it's hard to definitively tell from google translate.

It'd be nice if we could hear them explaining about "programmable" means and examples of the stuff you could do with it.
From what I've seen, they could just as easily mean that you can setup macros that will allow you to hit Pn+X, for example, and this will put out a macro of any of the keys (Except Fn and Pn)

Offline sordna

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 12:30:48 »
Hope someone posts a manual soon, that should explain programmability in full.

Offline nullstring

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 16:19:05 »
Hope someone posts a manual soon, that should explain programmability in full.

Couldn't agree more.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 22:01:03 »
laffindude, are we now 100% sure that the new pure and poker are going to be 100% programmable.
I've read the announcement above and it's hard to definitively tell from google translate.
The caveat has been mentioned awhile ago, you cannot program the physical FN and PN key, so it is not 100% programmable. The original KBC annoucement did say updatable firmware. So it theoretically could be fully programmable.

One of the main thing they're pushing is the hardware programmable thing. I believe the programming step to be: (I am doing this from memory from the short time I played with the board, I may be missing a step or 2)
* You press a key combo to set the keyboard into program mode (PMODE on the caps)
* Press the PN key and the key you want to program to program that key
* Press what you want the key to be (include macros) and press PN to end programming the key
* Press the key combo to end program mode

There are limitations (you're limited to what's on the keyboard already) and obviously a little fiddly. There is a way to print out what is programmed on the key as plain text to help you program macros.

On the topic of manual. It'll just confuse you more. The early Chinese programming steps I saw was horrible. I can only imagine the horror of the translated manual.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 February 2013, 22:15:43 by laffindude »

Offline nullstring

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 10:03:56 »
But it will tell us if they actually mean that it's programmable.. or if they mean that every key can be used in a Macro with the PN layer.
Cause as far as I can tell, we can't be certain which one they mean... and these are two very different features.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 10:51:26 »
But it will tell us if they actually mean that it's programmable.. or if they mean that every key can be used in a Macro with the PN layer.
Cause as far as I can tell, we can't be certain which one they mean... and these are two very different features.
可程式化的機能很強大,基本上就是可以任意按鍵指定任意按鍵(真拗口XD),而且還可以錄製複數按鍵,最多可達14個

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 10:58:47 »
I love my pure, but I'm not convinced on the pure pro...
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline sordna

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 12:42:01 »
Hmmm, I'm a bit scared if programming means every customization is a macro. That could mean slow auto-repeat, lost keystrokes when typing fast, or other issues, since macros typically have some built-in delays.
It all depends on how they implement it of course, ah, the suspense till we get some test results !!!

Offline nullstring

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 23:40:15 »
可程式化的機能很強大,基本上就是可以任意按鍵指定任意按鍵(真拗口XD),而且還可以錄製複數按鍵,最多可達14個
That's closer but still not definite.
I guess only time will tell. Thanks.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #149 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 01:13:01 »
We'll see.

@sordna: The key program "output mode" that shows what is programmed on the keys, does not show the break code unless you program more than 1 keystroke into it. It makes sense since breakcode is sent on the release of the key, and not when it is pressed. So I believe it'll behave normally.