Author Topic: [IC] GMK Greypunk (yep, again)  (Read 4629 times)

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
[IC] GMK Greypunk (yep, again)
« on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 13:12:09 »
Where to start?

Last year this keyset was started by Puddsy, if you want to check it out, take a look at the original IC thread.

Normally I can be pretty long winded, but there isn't a whole lot to say here, so I'll try to be brief (no one really likes reading crazy long first posts anyway, right?).

I really liked the set, but during the initial development a render was shown of all MG1 legends on N9, and I fell in love with that look. Puddsy said that he wasn't going to run that kit, and that if people wanted it, they could buy it at OCo.
Well, OCo was sold out of that kit, so I started considering running just that add on kit after Greypunk dropped. Eventually Puddsy stopped working on the set in favor of another project and offered this one to anyone who wanted to take over. I saw it as a perfect opportunity, so I reached out and Puddsy turned the set over to me.  Puddsy is no longer involved in the development of this set.

And so, here I am, rerunning the IC for GMK Greypunk.

I played around with it for a while, and felt that it would look nice as a more full featured set (and there were a few things I wanted to see added to accommodate my own boards).
Now I'm bringing it to you all, to show you where I'm at, and to ask for your input. We have a great community, and I'd like to involve everyone.
I'd like for this to stay a fairly simple set. I was never planning on adding ergo/ortho kits, novelties, hiragana, or any of the other crazy things other sets are adding.

I also understand that there are some big sets coming soon (Oblivion, Waves, Metropolis, etc.), so I'm not trying to rush this out. Lets give the wallets a break. 

Colors are stock GMK colors N9 & MG1

So, please, take a look at the current state KLE below, fill out the IC form, and also leave some feedback here.

GMK Greypunk
213769-0

GMK renders and community renders will come in the near future.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 February 2019, 14:38:07 by jrfhoutx »

Offline jrfhoutx

Re: [IC] GMK Greypunk (yep, again)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 13:12:56 »
reserved

Offline HamKenobi

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 13:14:51 »
Hell yeah, ill be in for an all dark base set and mods.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 13:18:36 »
I'm still going to call this set BlackPink! Stinks that there is an actual GMK BlackPink set out there...

Offline txclack

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 13:18:55 »
nice

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 15:13:56 »
nice

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 17:26:04 »
Nice pink modifier.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 19:26:25 »
nice
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline megaforce

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 19:35:38 »
kit comp is a little....yikes to say the least

people who wants the all dark (like myself) are gonna get boned, but nature be like that sometimes.

good colours tho
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 20:40:45 »
nice

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 15:24:26 »
kit comp is a little....yikes to say the least

in what way?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 00:17:32 »
before anyone else PMs me to complain, i have no involvement in this iteration of the set and i don't care to have any

i got too much else going on
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 13:14:34 »
before anyone else PMs me to complain, i have no involvement in this iteration of the set and i don't care to have any

i got too much else going on

Yes, Puddsy is no longer involved in the set. He handed it over to me. I thought that was pretty clear in the first post, but I guess not.

I tried to keep the base set as close to his last render as possible. I changed a few keys, and added a few keys to the base set (things I wanted to see, but did not add too many). I did not want to change up the base set very much at all.

I did add the extra kits, things that I like to see in sets, and things I thought should be added (and that proved to be very popular in some group discussions). But none are guaranteed to be run, and what does run will be based on the feedback provided here.

Please do bring up any complaints, issues, concerns, suggestions, recommendations, whatever.
They can be brought up here or you can PM me (though I think having them brought up in the thread would be more productive since everyone can discuss them).

Seriously, say what you want to say, I'm not going to get mad about it and I'm not going to ignore people's input.
That's what ICs are for aren't they, for the community to voice their opinions on a design and to have an impact on it's evolution?

This is not the only project I have going on right now either, but it's something that I want to see get made, and not fall to the wayside as just another set that dies in IC.
The only way that happens is if there is interest in the set being made and enough people want to buy it.
And the only way that happens is if you all give me feedback on changes that you want to see.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 14:03:39 »
Alternate F row kit? So that one can have entire R1 in bubblegum pink, btw what are the color codes for this drop.

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 14:38:48 »
Alternate F row kit? So that one can have entire R1 in bubblegum pink, btw what are the color codes for this drop.

stock GMK colors
N9 & MG1

Offline equalunique

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 20:00:20 »
Would love to see that on my pink planck from massdrop, but no ortho keys...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk