Author Topic: [IC] DSA Milkshake (GB live!)  (Read 68695 times)

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
Re: [IC] DSA Milkshake
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 16:11:27 »
Love the milkshake! Cute!

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 16:17:37 »
Love the milkshake! Cute!

If you ever know all the unused icons I made... :D

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 17:21:42 »
When are we gonna be having GB? Great set by the way!

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 17:31:24 »
When are we gonna be having GB? Great set by the way!

In one month :thumb:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 17:32:05 »
The Fruits!! Perfect. :p

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 19:12:07 »

The true question now is… do you want more novelties? :blank:

Offline tigerali

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 19:46:42 »

Always!  :D

I just got this book https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1631063758/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - seems like a good inspiration for any extra novelties.

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 19:52:26 »

Always!  :D

I just got this book https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1631063758/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - seems like a good inspiration for any extra novelties.

Indeed some interesting stuff here. The thing is, it has to to fit with the other icons, so novelties should have the same stroke. So I can’t make detailed design, it has to be minimalist. And DSA Ice Cream already has some Ice and stuff novelties :rolleyes:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 20:12:20 »

If the icons are as good as the others, go for it!

I wonder if it's possible to make them represent numbers, so a full novelty numrow with some correlation could be a thing ;)

Offline monkt

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 20:43:02 »

I wonder if it's possible to make them represent numbers, so a full novelty numrow with some correlation could be a thing ;)

This could be a really cool idea. I do think it would be tough to come up with enough that had sufficient uniformity for it to work well, but I sure would love to see it tried.

Offline Krona

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 02:58:21 »
How about an F row of different flavored milkshakes - choc/van/pistachio.. I'm sure we can come up with 12  :thumb:

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 10:34:06 »

This could be a really cool idea. I do think it would be tough to come up with enough that had sufficient uniformity for it to work well, but I sure would love to see it tried.

How about an F row of different flavored milkshakes - choc/van/pistachio.. I'm sure we can come up with 12  :thumb:

Like this you mean ?

Offline monkt

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 10:49:45 »

Like this you mean ?
Show Image

That's fantastic! Nice color coordination, and attention to detail right there. I think those last two milk-themed ones are brilliant, and my favorites, but I really do like them all.

I actually think a top row of all b&w novelties like that would look so nice on an all b&w board. Not trying to add to the set, but those last two caps look so nice it made that image pop into my head.

Offline Krona

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 12:39:08 »

Like this you mean ?
Show Image

That’s nice too and honestly I have no artistic vision at all, but I meant using only the milkshake icon but in 12 different colors, purposely using colors of flavors - milk chocolate brown, custard vanilla, strawberry, mocha or coffee, banana, mint (Chico chip), etc. Just an idea I guess, might not work with the other kits

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 15:28:13 »
That's fantastic! Nice color coordination, and attention to detail right there. I think those last two milk-themed ones are brilliant, and my favorites, but I really do like them all.

I actually think a top row of all b&w novelties like that would look so nice on an all b&w board. Not trying to add to the set, but those last two caps look so nice it made that image pop into my head.

That’s nice too and honestly I have no artistic vision at all, but I meant using only the milkshake icon but in 12 different colors, purposely using colors of flavors - milk chocolate brown, custard vanilla, strawberry, mocha or coffee, banana, mint (Chico chip), etc. Just an idea I guess, might not work with the other kits

Thank you guys!

Well, I wanna keep the 5 selected colors, 12 would be too much. I could make the same novelty kit without colors but it won't be so attractive imo.

Btw I just fixed the cap of the milk bottle!

Offline DMacKB

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 01:56:29 »
Looking good man! Any chance of a render with more of the coloured mods applied so we can see how they all work together?

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 02:40:19 »
Looking good man! Any chance of a render with more of the coloured mods applied so we can see how they all work together?

Here is a try. It'd even look better on a macropad imo :)

Offline Kapsi

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 04:45:35 »

Show Image

Do you think is possible to add an "Ń" key to the NordeUK Kit to make it "International" insted of only "NORDE"?

Offline reccatyo

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 06:17:00 »
The weirdo looks dope.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 18:33:58 »

Show Image

Loving the F-Row!

To be honest I’m slightly confused by the white (alpha colored) caps in the otherwise colorful f-row tho.

The white milky caps look awesome, but I just feel like it looks inconsistent in the render

Offline monkt

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 18:56:58 »

Show Image

This looks really nice. I like the colors a lot. Although part of me does wish I could buy 6 sets of the novelties just so I could put nothing but white milkshake and milk bottle caps across the top of an all white cap board. Maybe that's weird, or maybe I just want to see the colors put together? I don't know. They all look great, I guess I'm just not sure how I'd use them yet.

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 18:58:10 »

Like this you mean ?
Show Image

that is a novelties/fruit kit for the ages

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 19:02:57 »
To be honest I’m slightly confused by the white (alpha colored) caps in the otherwise colorful f-row tho.

Yeah, I made a color mistake since the render has some lights which changes the color of the legends a bit, my bad! If you talk about legends...

Offline tomwang2011

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 09:56:39 »
Looks like this drop is going dsa again, I feel that the lack of xda caps means less people tried them before and don’t know the difference and just voted for dsa because they are everywhere in the community (since PMK and Chinese sets both make dsa and always available)

As personal experience, once I tried xda I couldn’t go back to dsa because the spherical top is too small and harder to locate compare to sa where the row height helps with location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hahihuhei

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 10:15:17 »
Looks like this drop is going dsa again, I feel that the lack of xda caps means less people tried them before and don’t know the difference and just voted for dsa because they are everywhere in the community (since PMK and Chinese sets both make dsa and always available)

As personal experience, once I tried xda I couldn’t go back to dsa because the spherical top is too small and harder to locate compare to sa where the row height helps with location.

I owned blank PBT DSA and XDA, prefer DSA than XDA, but not by much.

Support DSA for this set, mainly because those cute novelty and the centered legend looks nicer on DSA than XDA(this is very subjective though).

There is a good looking XDA set next door called "Oblique". With that design, I will strongly oppose DSA.

Or R2 of this in XDA?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 10:36:35 »
Support DSA for this set, mainly because those cute novelty and the centered legend looks nicer on DSA than XDA(this is very subjective though).

Yeah, IMO it looks better on DSA too! I know There is like half of the community who would prefer XDA rather than DSA, but I have to choose. I'll close the Poll soon anyways, and post the final results!

Or R2 of this in XDA?

It's a possibility. Perhaps even MT3 (through MD then), who knows…

Also, here's a preview with XDA (I don't have renders with that profile)

« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 13:31:09 by biip »

Offline tomwang2011

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 10:55:37 »
Yeah it’s more of a personal preference more than anything. I probably have fat fingers so xda’s larger surface area feels nicer to me. I’ll put on my dsa set at home for a few weeks and see if I can get used to it, really liking the color of this set so don’t want to write it off just because it is in dsa

Offline Parva Ovis

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 11:24:35 »
To me, XDA's convex minibars make it Superior to DSA, but that only matters to 40% users.

Offline monkt

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 13:10:48 »

Yeah, IMO it looks better on DSA too! I know There is like half of the community who would prefer XDA rather than DSA, but I have to choose. I'll close the Poll soon anyways, and post the final results!

Or R2 of this in XDA?

Show Image

Oh, wow, that XDA is even nicer with the clean look of this design. Every key is like a beautiful little canvas. Now I'm definitely hoping this one wins out.

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 13:27:50 »

Or R2 of this in XDA?

Show Image

Oh, wow, that XDA is even nicer with the clean look of this design. Every key is like a beautiful little canvas. Now I'm definitely hoping this one wins out.

you guys are making it so hard to decide! Thanks for the kind comments :)

Anyways, I finalised the RGBYP kit. It should cover any 60% now, thanks to Oblotzky :

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 14:12:35 »
DSA is smol and cute, XDA feels wider and more pronounced.

I think DSA fits a set as cutesy as this

Offline ullr

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 02:14:44 »
Set looks great. If I had to nitpick, I don't like the consolidation of UK with Norde (I would prefer not to buy a huge ISO kit for the enter key when my plan would be to use the mono kit), and I prefer the original color mod kit only because I think I prefer green shifts. I do understand the justification for both though, and will buy those kits with no changes. I most appreciate you choosing the expanded Granite-style mono kit over the recently common ANSI-only style. Anyway, fantastic design. Looking forward to DSA or XDA.

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 03:18:19 »
Set looks great. If I had to nitpick, I don't like the consolidation of UK with Norde (I would prefer not to buy a huge ISO kit for the enter key when my plan would be to use the mono kit), and I prefer the original color mod kit only because I think I prefer green shifts. I do understand the justification for both though, and will buy those kits with no changes. I most appreciate you choosing the expanded Granite-style mono kit over the recently common ANSI-only style. Anyway, fantastic design. Looking forward to DSA or XDA.

Well, that is what I did months ago with an AZERTY layout: ISO enter (+ left Shift) + Granite mono-legends, and I have to admit that is works. But the thing is, the more kits I do, the more complicated it is to reach MOQs. Maybe I could make an ISO 2-pack.

IMO it's better to have one NorDeUk kit, what are your thoughts here guys?

I'll close the poll and make a new one very soon with the date of the GB and other info like proxies :)
(it will be very soon 🤞 stay in touch!)

I'll also post the results, you guys might be interested!

I'm still working on 40% kit with Oblotzky, the objective is to propose the same options as the RGBYP kit, but for 40%/ortho users.
According to the current results, it seems that people prefer color mods than white ones (no surprise here).

I'll anyways all keep you in touch guys!
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 May 2018, 03:27:29 by biip »

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #133 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 06:32:23 »
Hi, I have some good news!

I was contacted by David from Candykeys in order to run the GB on their site, we ordered some sample, and should receive them in about 2 weeks.

Date: Around June 10th
Manufacturer: Still need to decide between 2…
Price: To be confirmed, depending on the manufacturer
EU Proxy: Candykeys
Asian Proxy: Zfrontier
US Proxy: To be confirmed

Moreover, I just closed the Google poll since the kits have notably changed.

Here are the results:

But they aren't actually accurate since I changed the color kits… Anyways, I keep you in touch, I wish you a wonderful day <3

Offline tomwang2011

Re: [IC] DSA Milkshake (Update + GB announcement)
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 09:52:06 »
Will the alphas and mods be in separate kits? Or will it be one big kit like the dsa ice creams currently running?

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 09:54:49 »
Will the alphas and mods be in separate kits? Or will it be one big kit like the dsa ice creams currently running?

Different kits.

Alphas : https://i.imgur.com/nqESlAt.jpg
Mods : https://i.imgur.com/2Vwj7uE.jpg
Colors mods : https://i.imgur.com/jURrqQC.jpg

Offline Electrum

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 10:30:07 »
Can't wait to see what you do with the numbers for the weirdo kit. Excited for this project :)

Offline tomwang2011

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 10:48:50 »
Awesome, thanks for not bundling the mods so I can go alpha+ortho+something else to fill up the 15 keys in the middle of xd75. I think fruits should work :)

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #138 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 11:01:56 »
Awesome, thanks for not bundling the mods so I can go alpha+ortho+something else to fill up the 15 keys in the middle of xd75. I think fruits should work :)

I'm also working on a 6-pack extra kit which vim users might like 👀

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #139 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 12:13:00 »
I just hopped on this bandwagon, so I never filled out the poll, but I'd kill for this in uniform R3 dye-sub PBT (Like the icecaps I am typing on now)

But I'm probably a sore minority...

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 13:11:27 »
I just hopped on this bandwagon, so I never filled out the poll, but I'd kill for this in uniform R3 dye-sub PBT (Like the icecaps I am typing on now)

But I'm probably a sore minority...

Sorry to hear that. And yeah, SA Row 3 was like 6% of the result...

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 13:29:13 »
I wish people liked it as much as I do!

I'm still down for DSA, though... I just got excited seeing that it was even a teeny-tiny glint of maybe possibly hope.

Not enough uniform SA sets out there.

Offline tomwang2011

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 13:34:44 »
Kinda sucks xda lost to dsa, would have totally get this set over oblique and canvas r2 (already have canvas r1 and really dislike dsa’s small spherical part of the key, ended up hitting the edge of the keys way too often)

Offline Krona

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 14:21:51 »
Please go XDA!

Offline ullr

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 14:25:42 »
Yeah, personally I love XDA because they actually support ISO enter and more spacebar sizes. But I’ll still go for DSA.

Offline Shados

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 00:39:22 »
DSA is smol and cute, XDA feels wider and more pronounced.

I think DSA fits a set as cutesy as this

...Oddly enough, I've always found XDA a lot cuter, because of the more rounded sides and corners.

Offline wongie

« Reply #146 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 02:49:32 »
I have no preference where it comes to the profile itself but after having bought a few XDA Godspeed novelties I found the dye subbing a little fuzzy compared to DSA dye subbing from Signature Plastics which I found more crisp in comparison but I guess it's still not that a big a deal breaker for me though in either case.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 May 2018, 02:57:18 by wongie »

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #147 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 07:53:21 »
It's hard to please everyone with the profile, but as I said it'll look better on DSA profile IMO since the symbols are very rounded. And anyways, DSA won 🤷‍♂️

Btw guys, small update, I added a numrow to the Weirdo kit:

Offline tomwang2011

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 10:53:55 »
I wouldn’t worry about the xda crowd with oblique and canvas r2 releasing soon in that profile. Is SP producing this set?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 12:08:30 »
I wouldn’t worry about the xda crowd with oblique and canvas r2 releasing soon in that profile. Is SP producing this set?

I like this better than either of those, though.  The icons to me are better than micons, and more understandable.