Author Topic: [IC] ORI 87 by ORI.CLUB // CUSTOM GASKET // PROTOTYPE V3 ARRIVED!!  (Read 111557 times)

Offline logo4poop

• Talk to me on discord @logoooo
Re: [IC] ORI 87 by ORI.CLUB | GASKET | update image prototype !
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 21:10:27 »
Just curious but I thought the designer simply gives the permission to vendors to do gb(collecting money from buyers and send it to manufacture), like keycaps gb, without permission from Olivia for example, we wouldn't have GMK olivia++, so it is not like selling one's design, right?

Yeah, as I understand it, working with a vendor is more about money collection and sorting distribution costs to different regions, not actually selling someone's design or other form of intellectual property. GMK still produces GB GMK sets, no matter if it's Cannon Keys or zFrontier collecting the funds.
Usually yeah, but there is a few exceptions. Some people don't want to worry about it so they just have someone take it over.
LCK75 so lit

Offline dhung97

« Reply #301 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 21:14:44 »
even if he isn't a scammer, why would anyone buy a board with practically a huge nazi sign on the bottom part of the case?

Man comparing it to a nazi sign is mighty long bridge. I can understand where you might believe it looks like the Imperial Flag but it's still a stretch. Are we just going to start calling every circle with lines a symbol on the level of the nazi swastika? It's nonsensical because that weight doesn't really look like it.
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dhung97

« Reply #302 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 21:21:49 »
By the way, everyone here who is defending them is on the Ori discord talking to the creator. They are all connected lol. I got banned after I said Hi All. Oh well

Lol. I'm on his discord talking to him. Time to quit your conspiracy theory ****. I mean all of it is probably true, but your turning into a massive drama queen. Is it that shocking that people who are defending him are also wanting to buy his keyboard and on his discord (which was started during this IC)? Good lord. And of course you'd be blocked. I doubt you'd last 5 minutes before bringing up this ad nauseam again.
Don’t be rude buddy. I’m firmly stay here at the middle of this thunderstorm.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #303 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 21:26:10 »
By the way, everyone here who is defending them is on the Ori discord talking to the creator. They are all connected lol. I got banned after I said Hi All. Oh well

Lol. I'm on his discord talking to him. Time to quit your conspiracy theory ****. I mean all of it is probably true, but your turning into a massive drama queen. Is it that shocking that people who are defending him are also wanting to buy his keyboard and on his discord (which was started during this IC)? Good lord. And of course you'd be blocked. I doubt you'd last 5 minutes before bringing up this ad nauseam again.

I'm sorry but when people start making assumptions like everyone defending him must be on his private server and therefor part of the scam is taking it a little too far. The other guy calling people retarded is taking it much further than I am...

Offline dhung97

« Reply #304 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 21:27:43 »

I'm getting most of my information from friends, I am tired of this and am only going to respond to questions others asked. I hope someone in the vietnam community who has worked with him can respond. I didn't really want this to be debated. Heck, I only posted it because someone told me to. I just wanted to tell people to not support this guy. I hope he ships to his customers, and we can trust him for future buys. I just don't think he can be trusted, and he is open about disliking his local community. Their community doesn't like him, and I think there is a reason for that. Please PM me on geekhack or discord if you want to talk more.
Have you read my response  yet or just reading and remembering what you wanna debate mate? Scroll up a lil bit. I’m your Vietnamese collector who have observed since this design have been given birth infancy and I truly believe they are no longer related to the other. The other here who took all the funds seems like the one who ran the C21 GB.

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #305 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 21:28:08 »

I'm sorry but when people start making assumptions like everyone defending him must be on his private server and therefor part of the scam is taking it a little too far. The other guy calling people retarded is taking it much further than I am...
That was just me being stupid.
LCK75 so lit

Offline logo4poop

« Reply #306 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 21:31:45 »

I'm getting most of my information from friends, I am tired of this and am only going to respond to questions others asked. I hope someone in the vietnam community who has worked with him can respond. I didn't really want this to be debated. Heck, I only posted it because someone told me to. I just wanted to tell people to not support this guy. I hope he ships to his customers, and we can trust him for future buys. I just don't think he can be trusted, and he is open about disliking his local community. Their community doesn't like him, and I think there is a reason for that. Please PM me on geekhack or discord if you want to talk more.
Have you read my response  yet or just reading and remembering what you wanna debate mate? Scroll up a lil bit. I’m your Vietnamese collector who have observed since this design have been given birth infancy and I truly believe they are no longer related to the other. The other here who took all the funds seems like the one who ran the C21 GB.

I meant someone who has bought stuff from him or made stuff for him.
LCK75 so lit

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #307 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 22:05:51 »

That was just me being stupid.

Haha, all is forgiven. Again. I truly appreciate the info. It was valuable for anyone interested in this to have. Now they have to just make a decision.

Offline aodaliya1234

« Reply #308 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 22:28:29 »
I don't think there is a need for people to "attack" (used loosely here) that guy that warned us of this designer's past actions. As much as this is a community and we want good relationships, a GB when it comes down to it is strictly a seller and buyer deal. Maybe the guy has a more negative attitude towards this thing or wants to "stir up ****" but in the end it will be beneficial for the buyers if he really discover something. There is no need to attack this designer as well but there isn't a need to defend him either, he's an adult and can handle himself and when he does deliver the board that will be insane as well to proof the people that doubted him wrong and wash his name clean. Or he doesn't deliver, as obviously the things his done is sus af, he seems so proud of his designs refusing to sell to vendors but it was his design that scammed so many after all. I'm unsure as I don't have the old thread open when I'm typing this but I don't think people's that dumb to join a GB when there's no pictures of prototypes, so the fact that his presenting prototypes shouldn't be a point of reassurance as well. Really the only way to go that would be the safest is to partner with someone else reputable; people will still storm the gb no doubt but they run the risk of falling for a scam orcastrated by someone who was involved with one in the past.

Offline noorejji

« Reply #309 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 23:57:00 »
I'm out. If people wanna risk it, I sincerely wish you good luck.

But comparing that bottom weight to genocide and swastika is ridiculous, get a grip.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #310 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 01:07:00 »
I won't answer you again, because the focus of this conversation is one thing. You want me to end, and you want me to take responsibility for what I don't do.
You argue here not because of the keyboard, nor because of everyone. You are here because you believe you are justice, and those you consider to have every sin must pay for your ego.
The ORI design is mine, and will be owned by me from start to finish. Even if it's this hard. I've put all my effort into doing everything I can.
I won't say anything more about drama, and just update here about prototypes.
In the end, when everything was done. Money is in everyone's hands, and it's up to everyone to decide whether or not to buy it.
So you are ghosting and will not help anyone if they have issues. Nice.
you should shut the **** up.
wow nice arguments you got there kiddo. really grown up discussion. not.

lmao.

Offline KMPLSV

« Reply #311 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 01:13:51 »

Dear all,
I create this topic to explain all problems. First, wading back to the time of MAB, MAB consists of 3 members: Tuan Anh, Vu and me.
I was invited into the team as a designer. Vu (make pcb) joined the team later only when beginning opening GB R96.
It is the fact that my role is only to design, Vu’s is to make pcb and Tuan Anh is totally in charge of machining.
The cash flow of MAB was set: Paypal (mine) -> currency conversion -> give Tuan Anh to pay for machining factory.
I GAVE ALL THE MONEY RECEIVED TO TUAN ANH with a promise of 10% GB but never ever happened.
And I never ever receive any money of R96, 60S, rose.
Matter arising when finishing anodizing R96, some of pieces was failed and had to remake. During that time, Tuan Anh on his own sold R96 for others (even though who hadn’t follow GB)
It resulted in short of goods and money is only Tuan Anh knew.
Then, opening new GB of 60S to make up for R96 loss.
(Even at this time, I didn’t receive any money as salary or commission)
My paypal now is claim up to -3700$ but contacting Tuan Anh just receive nothing.
After 60S, I left MAB (If still called a team) because I didn’t agree with that working way. And I have worked in another field for a long time and didn’t think about making keyboard anymore.
I want to make clear that I never ever received any money of any GB of MAB and have no idea of cash flow at that time.
If I open GB ORI just due to money or scam or something else, I don’t have to use my true account? I can stand under another’s name, is it much more easier?
About ORI, I have done 2 prototypes and nearly get 1 more to make sure about the quality.
 ORI is my design and LOKA is manufacturer. In addition, LOKA and I signed legal contract.
I have talked all what related to me above. I lost money, lost reputation, lost time. For the time beings, even in difficulty I didn’t bring this story to get the community’s tear. But this time, everything goes too far, when some people don’t consider or maybe hate me and try to ruin me.
Now, it does not influence only me but also LOKA that support me very well.
In conclusion, this is my first as well as my last time to make an explanation about MAB and me. Everything is true or not, many people know.
As long as he did not receive any money seems to be somewhat innocent.

we don't really know whether he did or not. all we know is that he was involved with a scandal and he never got in front of the issue with an explanation. he's only offering an explanation now after being exposed. you think he would've offered an explanation if no one had brought his past to light in this thread? no way.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #312 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 05:24:42 »

Dear all,
I create this topic to explain all problems. First, wading back to the time of MAB, MAB consists of 3 members: Tuan Anh, Vu and me.
I was invited into the team as a designer. Vu (make pcb) joined the team later only when beginning opening GB R96.
It is the fact that my role is only to design, Vu’s is to make pcb and Tuan Anh is totally in charge of machining.
The cash flow of MAB was set: Paypal (mine) -> currency conversion -> give Tuan Anh to pay for machining factory.
I GAVE ALL THE MONEY RECEIVED TO TUAN ANH with a promise of 10% GB but never ever happened.
And I never ever receive any money of R96, 60S, rose.
Matter arising when finishing anodizing R96, some of pieces was failed and had to remake. During that time, Tuan Anh on his own sold R96 for others (even though who hadn’t follow GB)
It resulted in short of goods and money is only Tuan Anh knew.
Then, opening new GB of 60S to make up for R96 loss.
(Even at this time, I didn’t receive any money as salary or commission)
My paypal now is claim up to -3700$ but contacting Tuan Anh just receive nothing.
After 60S, I left MAB (If still called a team) because I didn’t agree with that working way. And I have worked in another field for a long time and didn’t think about making keyboard anymore.
I want to make clear that I never ever received any money of any GB of MAB and have no idea of cash flow at that time.
If I open GB ORI just due to money or scam or something else, I don’t have to use my true account? I can stand under another’s name, is it much more easier?
About ORI, I have done 2 prototypes and nearly get 1 more to make sure about the quality.
 ORI is my design and LOKA is manufacturer. In addition, LOKA and I signed legal contract.
I have talked all what related to me above. I lost money, lost reputation, lost time. For the time beings, even in difficulty I didn’t bring this story to get the community’s tear. But this time, everything goes too far, when some people don’t consider or maybe hate me and try to ruin me.
Now, it does not influence only me but also LOKA that support me very well.
In conclusion, this is my first as well as my last time to make an explanation about MAB and me. Everything is true or not, many people know.
As long as he did not receive any money seems to be somewhat innocent.

we don't really know whether he did or not. all we know is that he was involved with a scandal and he never got in front of the issue with an explanation. he's only offering an explanation now after being exposed. you think he would've offered an explanation if no one had brought his past to light in this thread? no way.
I mean he did say in this IC first post that he was full of regret about his involvement and was sorry. He may have not explained it in detail, but it's not like he said nothing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline cptbubbles

« Reply #313 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 05:50:03 »
I'm out. If people wanna risk it, I sincerely wish you good luck.

But comparing that bottom weight to genocide and swastika is ridiculous, get a grip.

It's an extremely sensitive topic in most of Asia, even more so I would say than Europe is with Nazis. (some wounds still left open)
If enough people are seeing the connection, you shouldn't just dismiss it as being ridiculous.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 May 2020, 05:51:54 by cptbubbles »

Offline Onnimar

« Reply #314 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 06:52:42 »
The weight design looks very little like the old Japanese flag to me. How else are you meant to portray a rising sun geometrically? Next people are gonna say all things related to a rising sun are offensive when it should be beautiful. I am not a fan of the old Japanese flag but this just doesn't look like it. The Sun and rays are not red. The rays do not expand closer to the edges. They do not go 360 degrees around the sun. It just sounds like a wild witch hunt to me by some individuals who want to see this project fail and love drama because they have nothing better to do with their time.

As for the other drama, the information is out there and buyers can now make their own decisions.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #315 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 07:20:49 »
The weight design looks very little like the old Japanese flag to me. How else are you meant to portray a rising sun geometrically? Next people are gonna say all things related to a rising sun are offensive when it should be beautiful. I am not a fan of the old Japanese flag but this just doesn't look like it. The Sun and rays are not red. The rays do not expand closer to the edges. They do not go 360 degrees around the sun. It just sounds like a wild witch hunt to me by some individuals who want to see this project fail and love drama because they have nothing better to do with their time.

As for the other drama, the information is out there and buyers can now make their own decisions.

Wild witch hunt may be part of it, but it was brought up earlier in the thread too by someone else. In the end if Bruce is OK redesigning the weight, I'm sure he'll come up with something else that's awesome, and it's an easy way to just avoid the issue.

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
« Reply #316 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 08:52:49 »
Alright folks, I'm going to try to give a full story here, at least from my own perspective.

I am the founder of Team Mechlovin'. You may know us as runners of PCB Group buys, including the Hannah 910, Infinity CE and Adelais (Alice). I hope this adds credibility to my input.

I first came in contact with the OP 3 years ago, when he was still working for MAB (MakeABoard), which of course, is now considered the ultimate scam by the local community. We hardly ever talked because he came out as a reserved (and somehow arrogant) personality, which I didn't have a problem with because all designers I knew were like that. In fact, I was in much more regular contact on a personal basis with that team's PCB designer, who is now my sole partner and technical consultant on Team Mechlovin's projects.

At the time, I was interested in getting a R96, and was told by the then MAB leader (Tuan Anh) that they had an "extra". Of course, I realised months later that it was probably someone's GB unit...I had also purchased some random custom from them a few months  before that, and for both times, every communication related to money went through Tuan Anh, not the OP (Bruce). When things fell out and MAB was exposed by the local community, Bruce was trying to defend his team and having heated arguments with other members, and he said some unsavoury things, which led to personal grudges until these days. From time to time, his name is brought up in online conversations as THE scammer, although his role in making MAB's financial decisions is very much up to debate. From my point of view, many of those personal attacks are merely fueled by the mentioned grudges.

A few months ago, he came to me for advice on this project due to the fact that I have been working with his former teammate on many successful GBs, and that I'm now the admin of a local mech community, separate from the one he fell out of favour a few years back. It's important to note that I had previously had face-to-face sessions with my partner about his involvement in MAB's shady business because I needed to understand who I was to work with, and naturally, Bruce's name came up as well in our conversations. From my partner's side of story, he was simply working for MAB as a PCB designer and never had any say in the financial aspects of the business. I trust my partner, completely. Later on, when I heard Bruce's story, many things checked out, including the part where he's still in debt worth thousands of USD in the form of Paypal chargeback, and he never received support from the one actually in charge of sales and finance, namely Tuan Anh.

So, how much did he know about the scamming activities and was he the one to blame in the total sh*tshow named MAB? I don't know for certain, and though I have information that forms my personal opinion towards this whole thing, it doesn't mean it has to be reflected onto yours. My first and only advice to him when he decided to come back, is that he must COME CLEAN and let the community decide. In his defence, he did mention where he comes from in the original post, but again, I agree that he should have told a clearer story right from the start, and he surely needs to work on his communication skills. One thing I can be certain of, is he's serious and passionate about this project, and excited about the prospect of coming back to the community.

That's all I have to say. In all honestly, if anyone is to give an objective input in this cluster of drama, I believe it's me, because of my knowledge of the people involved, and that I actually have something to lose here, namely my reputation as a GB runner. The rest, of course, is still up to you to decide.
Jane V2 | Jane CE | Jane V2 CE | Police | Kaze | KMAC 2 | BRG Haus | Sessantacinque | Ori CLS-2 FE | Dalco 959 Mini | Mechlovin' Unikorn | G81-3100 SAV | Model M SSK

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #317 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 09:02:37 »

Wild witch hunt may be part of it, but it was brought up earlier in the thread too by someone else. In the end if Bruce is OK redesigning the weight, I'm sure he'll come up with something else that's awesome, and it's an easy way to just avoid the issue.

Yeah but my issue with that is apparently no one saw that connection when the weight design change was made. The new design was lauded as a great one but then more than a week later the old GB drama starts and now we have a problem with the design? It just feels like the carriage started catching fire and people just toss more tinder in there. At least that's how it feels from my end. I understand people may not have seen it or whatever but it still smells a bit.

--->Ahh snap not meaning to detract so please read post above mine, very informative.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 May 2020, 09:06:08 by CrazyAssMonkey »

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #318 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 09:04:17 »
Alright folks, I'm going to try to give a full story here, at least from my own perspective.

I am the founder of Team Mechlovin'. You may know us as runners of PCB Group buys, including the Hannah 910, Infinity CE and Adelais (Alice). I hope this adds credibility to my input.

I first came in contact with the OP 3 years ago, when he was still working for MAB (MakeABoard), which of course, is now considered the ultimate scam by the local community. We hardly ever talked because he came out as a reserved (and somehow arrogant) personality, which I didn't have a problem with because all designers I knew were like that. In fact, I was in much more regular contact on a personal basis with that team's PCB designer, who is now my sole partner and technical consultant on Team Mechlovin's projects.

At the time, I was interested in getting a R96, and was told by the then MAB leader (Tuan Anh) that they had an "extra". Of course, I realised months later that it was probably someone's GB unit...I had also purchased some random custom from them a few months  before that, and for both times, every communication related to money went through Tuan Anh, not the OP (Bruce). When things fell out and MAB was exposed by the local community, Bruce was trying to defend his team and having heated arguments with other members, and he said some unsavoury things, which led to personal grudges until these days. From time to time, his name is brought up in online conversations as THE scammer, although his role in making MAB's financial decisions is very much up to debate. From my point of view, many of those personal attacks are merely fueled by the mentioned grudges.

A few months ago, he came to me for advice on this project due to the fact that I have been working with his former teammate on many successful GBs, and that I'm now the admin of a local mech community, separate from the one he fell out of favour a few years back. It's important to note that I had previously had face-to-face sessions with my partner about his involvement in MAB's shady business because I needed to understand who I was to work with, and naturally, Bruce's name came up as well in our conversations. From my partner's side of story, he was simply working for MAB as a PCB designer and never had any say in the financial aspects of the business. I trust my partner, completely. Later on, when I heard Bruce's story, many things checked out, including the part where he's still in debt worth thousands of USD in the form of Paypal chargeback, and he never received support from the one actually in charge of sales and finance, namely Tuan Anh.

So, how much did he know about the scamming activities and was he the one to blame in the total sh*tshow named MAB? I don't know for certain, and though I have information that forms my personal opinion towards this whole thing, it doesn't mean it has to be reflected onto yours. My first and only advice to him when he decided to come back, is that he must COME CLEAN and let the community decide. In his defence, he did mention where he comes from in the original post, but again, I agree that he should have told a clearer story right from the start, and he surely needs to work on his communication skills. One thing I can be certain of, is he's serious and passionate about this project, and excited about the prospect of coming back to the community.

That's all I have to say. In all honestly, if anyone is to give an objective input in this cluster of drama, I believe it's me, because of my knowledge of the people involved, and that I actually have something to lose here, namely my reputation as a GB runner. The rest, of course, is still up to you to decide.
Thank you! This was exactly the kind of input I was looking for. Definitely a level headed outsider take on the situation.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 May 2020, 09:10:10 by Zeelobby »

Offline kaisn

« Reply #319 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 09:26:32 »

Thank you for your input and time to write this down
Appreciated

Offline BruceDinh

• Explorer | Artist | Petrolhead
    • ORI CLUB
« Reply #320 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 09:30:39 »
Thank you everyone for giving me the opportunity to be my favorite.
Now back to the ORI topic

Some people are dissatisfied with the shape of the weight part, saying that it is related to sensitive issues of history. I decided to avoid it aside.
Design is one thing, but I respect everyone's feelings.

UPDATE DESIGN:
* change design weight part v3

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
Re: [IC] ORI 87 by ORI.CLUB | GASKET | WEIGHT DESIGN V3 update !
« Reply #321 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 12:57:55 »
I trust 1911/Team Mechlovin.
If they ran this, I'm sure it'd be smooth.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 May 2020, 13:46:44 by Jaxxstatic »

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #322 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 14:48:08 »
I much preferred the design purity of the circles and did not have a problem with it.  I appreciate you might want to change but I just wanted you to know that from a design perspective, your 1st idea was better.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #323 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 15:27:39 »
Ok, I edited my first reply, but screw it.
It's pertinent.
And design-wise, a penis drawn in the golden ratio would have "purity," but is still a stupid thing to put on a keyboard.
So is anything alluding to Japanese imperialist symbols.
243652-0

Offline EST4R

« Reply #324 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 19:08:23 »
It's pertinent.
And design-wise, a penis drawn in the golden ratio would have "purity," but is still a stupid thing to put on a keyboard.
(Attachment Link)

Well said.

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #325 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 21:08:22 »
+ add some mark in bottom case

Offline cemoon

« Reply #326 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 22:06:55 »
IMO the previous weight design with the circle looks better than the new one.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #327 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 22:24:42 »
I like the square better anyway. More of an origami sun.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline deathwalker113

« Reply #328 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 22:30:39 »
I wish the internal weight would be wider for more refined acoustic typing sound

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #329 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 12:30:08 »
It's pertinent.
(Attachment Link)

I do understand your point, I just preferred the way the circles looked.  I can live with whatever.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #330 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 10:52:44 »
I am very pleased to be working with GMK Sumi on social media. Thank you FaKe_VirTual (host gmk sumi) for trusting me.

Below is a combination of GMK Sumi and Ori 87, please enjoy.
Image rendered by kingk22.

ORI X GMK SUMI

Album: https://imgur.com/a/Qp1P5M1

More update for ORI 87:

Currently, I am still waiting for the 3rd prototype to be completed so I can test it again, recording video for sound tests.

Therefore, GB will not have a calendar if my product is not complete, if necessary will have a fourth prototype.

But, I will still predict the day for you to follow along:
 - 12/6 : pick up prototype v3
 - 13/6 : assemble
 - 16/6 : Video sound test
 - 18/6 : GB

Expected price : 550$ ( kit + TX bag )

The raffle will include:
 • 15 slots for Worldwide [ Western union // Paypal ]
 • 5 slots for local market ( VN) [ Western union // Cash ]
 Vickrey Auctions :
• 2 slot after GB ( not sure )

Thank you for reading.  :thumb:

Offline BloodyMarvel

« Reply #331 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 12:02:42 »
Love, love, love this keyboard design.

Not too keen on the new diamond shaped sun.
While I can't ignore the feelings of those who understandably relate an Origami (Japanese) logo, combined with a red sun with rays emanating from it, to the Japanese naval flag or Japan's war crimes in WWII, I think maybe a semi-circle design could resolve this issue.

The centerline of the keyboard base basically functions as a horizon anyway, so showing a full circular sun seems a bit off designwise.

Another option might be something like this, where the bottom half is a kind of reflection in water:

Offline LordOwen

« Reply #332 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 13:07:38 »
I am very pleased to be working with GMK Sumi on social media. Thank you FaKe_VirTual (host gmk sumi) for trusting me.

Below is a combination of GMK Sumi and Ori 87, please enjoy.
Image rendered by kingk22.

ORI X GMK SUMI
Show Image

Album: https://imgur.com/a/Qp1P5M1

More update for ORI 87:

Currently, I am still waiting for the 3rd prototype to be completed so I can test it again, recording video for sound tests.

Therefore, GB will not have a calendar if my product is not complete, if necessary will have a fourth prototype.

But, I will still predict the day for you to follow along:
 - 12/6 : pick up prototype v3
 - 13/6 : assemble
 - 16/6 : Video sound test
 - 18/6 : GB

Expected price : 550$ ( kit + TX bag )

The raffle will include:
 • 15 slots for Worldwide [ Western union // Paypal ]
 • 5 slots for local market ( VN) [ Western union // Cash ]
 Vickrey Auctions :
• 2 slot after GB ( not sure )

Thank you for reading.  :thumb:

Every new image and bit of information keeps my hope alive for this project! It's been a joy to follow all this time ^_^

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #333 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 10:09:23 »
Love, love, love this keyboard design.

Not too keen on the new diamond shaped sun.
While I can't ignore the feelings of those who understandably relate an Origami (Japanese) logo, combined with a red sun with rays emanating from it, to the Japanese naval flag or Japan's war crimes in WWII, I think maybe a semi-circle design could resolve this issue.

The centerline of the keyboard base basically functions as a horizon anyway, so showing a full circular sun seems a bit off designwise.

Another option might be something like this, where the bottom half is a kind of reflection in water:

Show Image

I will study, this is a good idea.

Offline outterspacetits

« Reply #334 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 18:59:44 »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAkH_B3AcbE/

Take a look at my prototype. With the way of making wire edm to get this logo, the price for TOP plate is extremely expensive and if there are only 5 boards, my sponsor has no way for me to do that. Because I promise there will be at least 10 boards when I open gb.
You did not respond to what I said, could you work with a trusted vendor and not have any part with handling money or work with the manufacturer.

Of course it is, obviously being sponsored by a vendor is terrific. But who? Who wants to do with someone who is in position like me?

To my understanding you're looking to sell 22 boards, correct?

I /know/ they don't cost $550 USD but the entirety of the cost comes out to $12,100 USD + whatever shipping costs

22 spots, lets presume 50-70 USD in shipping -- maybe more.

The shipping can be done after we have products in hand.

If you can get me in touch with the manufacture and there's a way for you to legally involve me in both cost and contract, I will provide the entirety of the cost of the manufacturing process up front directly to the manufacture. Not to you. To the manufacture. If the money can be moved through a 3rd party, such a novelkey, prime, TX, whatever, the better.  You said you cannot get any vendors to work with you, then work with me and let me ask around. I don't have any reputation here but if the manufacture can accept debit card (VISA), I can pay it all without an issue and I'm certain a vendor won't mind hosting it if we're reasonable with negotiations.

You can collect funds from people after the product has arrived and passed a quality check. If you can contact Novelkeyz, explain to them the situation, and have them offer to sell it on their website after I've paid the GB in its entirety and it goes up for sale to the public. There's probably a work around here.

Like I said, I can pay it. All of it. Up front.

We can discuss the rest in private.

Edit: To be clear, you can forward me not only my portion of the money once the GB concludes and everyone is equally protected by their PayPal rights because they can pay when the board is ready to be shipped but as well an agreeable % for me covering cost.

If you keep your group-buys small and honest, such as this one, I will gladly fund them until the community has confidence in your person.

If this makes the community feel more at ease, then I am willing to contribute.

In gist:

Give me design files + protos + manu contact. I want to see what I'm working with.

I will pay up front.

I find a 3rd party vendor to work with.

I'll pay someone experienced in the community and reputable with GB's to help with QC before taking money from people.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 June 2020, 19:48:34 by outterspacetits »

Offline Hugs94

« Reply #335 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 20:27:02 »

Take a look at my prototype. With the way of making wire edm to get this logo, the price for TOP plate is extremely expensive and if there are only 5 boards, my sponsor has no way for me to do that. Because I promise there will be at least 10 boards when I open gb.
You did not respond to what I said, could you work with a trusted vendor and not have any part with handling money or work with the manufacturer.

Of course it is, obviously being sponsored by a vendor is terrific. But who? Who wants to do with someone who is in position like me?

I /know/ they don't cost $550 USD but the entirety of the cost comes out to $12,100 USD + whatever shipping costs

If you can get me in touch with the manufacture and there's a way for you to legally involve me in both cost and contract, I will provide the entirety of the cost of the manufacturing process up front directly to the manufacture. Not to you. To the manufacture. If the money can be moved through a 3rd party, such a novelkey, prime, TX, whatever, the better.  You said you cannot get any vendors to work with you, then work with me and let me ask around. I don't have any reputation here but if the manufacture can accept debit card (VISA), I can pay it all without an issue and I'm certain a vendor won't mind hosting it if we're reasonable with negotiations.

You can collect funds from people after the product has arrived and passed a quality check. If you can contact Novelkeyz, explain to them the situation, and have them offer to sell it on their website after I've paid the GB in its entirety and it goes up for sale to the public. There's probably a work around here.

Edit: To be clear, you can forward me not only my portion of the money once the GB concludes and everyone is equally protected by their PayPal rights because they can pay when the board is ready to be shipped but as well an agreeable % for me covering cost.

If you keep your group-buys small and honest, such as this one, I will gladly fund them until the community has confidence in your person.

In gist:

Give me design files + protos + manu contact. I want to see what I'm working with.

I will pay up front.

I'll pay someone experienced in the community and reputable with GB's to help with QC before taking money from people.

https://imgur.com/a/CglZEvf

I feel like this image encompasses the fact that we can trust you about as much as the GB runner. No evidence at all of being a long standing member, no evidence of running a GB before. Really makes me think.

Offline outterspacetits

« Reply #336 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 20:47:45 »

In gist:

I will pay up front.

I feel like this image encompasses the fact that we can trust you about as much as the GB runner. No evidence at all of being a long standing member, no evidence of running a GB before. Really makes me think.

Absolutely correct!

1 ) I am not asking you a cent before the final product arrives
2 ) Only valuable source of info and credibility I have is a long standing reddit account with 17+ trades (some over 1.5k-2k) in mechmarket
3 ) I am not associating with shady people.

https://www.reddit.com/user/outterspacetits

You can maybe risk going with his gb or help guide me to an experienced vendor and GB runner, I FRONT the cost of production, and you guys pay when final product is in.

One of those has less risk than the other.

Anything else?
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 June 2020, 20:51:14 by outterspacetits »

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #337 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 21:48:32 »

In gist:

I will pay up front.

That make me stun for a few seconds.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #338 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 22:06:42 »

In gist:

I will pay up front.

that's 550 usd after production which is probably like 350-400usd

get proper numbers first don't just throw money at the problem

also if you're gonna front a board front a good one
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline L8T

« Reply #339 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 23:29:35 »
Im confused, the GMK Sumi render shows WKL Ori but ur layout picture says it doesnt do standard WKL, only the modified WKL.

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #340 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 03:37:56 »
Im confused, the GMK Sumi render shows WKL Ori but ur layout picture says it doesnt do standard WKL, only the modified WKL.

0.75 blocker is old design.

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #341 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 03:38:36 »

In gist:

I will pay up front.

That hurt ,really

Offline outterspacetits

« Reply #342 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 06:14:41 »

In gist:

I will pay up front.

Yup. I mentioned not knowing what the cost was and went with retail as a basis.

The point was while expensive, I think it’s really manageable.

You’ve been here for a while, so why is it not worth it? “Better board?”

What do you mean?

And what would you suggest if I were trying to help it succeed.

Thanks for your input.

Offline foundpeasantry

« Reply #343 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 06:19:23 »

Absolutely correct!

2 ) Only valuable source of info and credibility I have is a long standing reddit account with 17+ trades (some over 1.5k-2k) in mechmarket

You can maybe risk going with his gb or help guide me to an experienced vendor and GB runner, I FRONT the cost of production, and you guys pay when final product is in.

Anything else?

Talk is cheap. Get a vendor on board first and then, just maybe, your offer might be taken into consideration. I have a hard time believing any of the vendors would entertain your offer especially with how outlandish your claim of fronting the cost is but feel free to prove me wrong.

Also, what's in it for you? What would make one want to take a 12k usd loss if things go wrong? Unless this is secretly a wsb thread it seems too good to be true and comes off as a scam, not to say that this whole gb doesn't have the chance of not being one.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #344 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 06:29:56 »
That hurt ,really

It's art, not everyone is going to appreciate it :thumb:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline outterspacetits

« Reply #345 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 07:08:49 »

Absolutely correct!

Anything else?

Talk is cheap. Get a vendor on board first and then, just maybe, your offer might be taken into consideration. I have a hard time believing any of the vendors would entertain your offer especially with how outlandish your claim of fronting the cost is but feel free to prove me wrong.

Also, what's in it for you? What would make one want to take a 12k usd loss if things go wrong? Unless this is secretly a wsb thread it seems too good to be true and comes off as a scam, not to say that this whole gb doesn't have the chance of not being one.

Absolutely correct. It’s not for fact that a vendor would work with me. Until OP tells me costs, puts me in contact with manu, and I speak with a vendor and experienced GB runner, nothing is solid.

Which is the precise point of this community and people coming together to make it happen.

I genuinely believe I can help if someone guides me and you can take my posts and see me say and ask several times, get me in contact with a vendor or advise me on how to proceed with one.

I claim willing to front if I am able to work with a vendor, get in contact with manu, and the long post I made detailed what I was after. Bruce and I have talked on discord and we are seeing what can be done. I am reaching out to vendors now and still ask for help.

So if you want to advise me in that direction, please do.

Everything you’re saying I am trying to do now.

Thank you for your post.

Offline Solotov

« Reply #346 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 07:54:53 »
Can't wait for the GB. Hope I can snag one  :thumb:
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline andmetoo

« Reply #347 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 07:57:06 »
I'm in. The design is very beautiful, it is a pity that there are so few keyboards  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #348 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 09:24:55 »
That hurt ,really

It's art, not everyone is going to appreciate it :thumb:

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #349 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 09:48:50 »

Why are the responses to this offer so standoffish?  If I were a vendor, I'd jump at someone offering to take all financial risk off my shoulders.  Is it a crazy thing for someone to offer to do?  Absolutely.  But if he flakes and nothing comes of it, then what was lost aside from some time emailing back and forth?  Don't get me wrong, I could see some vendors keeping their distance because it seems a bit odd, but that's no reason to fire back at the guy with such an intimidating tone.