Author Topic: [IC] PBTfans™ Pyga / R3 Prototype photoshoot updated  (Read 43399 times)

Offline zhol

• zhol
Re: [IC] PBTfans™ Pyga / Sample pictures added
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 16:21:03 »
I assume that's just sampling tech more than the colors, and they'll match against the legend color later
i'm zhol

Offline Lingula

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 16:25:08 »
Yeap, agree with the previous post, the text color is a bit plain white. I would like to see it lean to champaign-beige or at least double cream instead of white.

Offline irithyll

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 16:36:56 »
Samples look better than I expected.

Offline Friendship

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 16:54:24 »
Text color looks white in samples as opposed to beige

i do kinda like the whiter legends, maybe something in the middle would be a sweet spot IMO
Collection: LZ GHv2, Esheu Fallacy, Moesode Bliss, Daji Ocho Cuatro, Ace Saturn60, Bolsa Midway60, MLI NUM1, MLI VISION, PW ROTR

Offline WaynaPawiasek

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 16:54:59 »
1) why is there no "alpha" under the a for example; aren't there a few sublegends missing?
!
2) will there be an international kit?

3) samples look much better than expected! Glwic

Offline max.clacks

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 17:20:36 »
1) why is there no "alpha" under the a for example; aren't there a few sublegends missing?
!
2) will there be an international kit?

3) samples look much better than expected! Glwic

Good choice on removing the japanese subs. I've created a greek sublegend file on the KRK discord server legend repository that is open source. Your main options are: Capitalized partial (see GMK evil eye for example, though GMK molds have minor issues) or slightly different variations of lowercase full sublegends (see ePBT Kavala, ePBT Hellas for a couple of variations). Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or would like assistance choosing between the options on Greek sublegends.

The "lack" of sublegends is likely due to the use of the capitalized partial, Greek sublegends.

Offline less_blank

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 18:23:59 »
Samples look good, remind me of those red plastic cups you'd get at a restaurant.

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 18:40:33 »
sample pics are great quality

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 21:31:04 »

I must agree with you that the legend colour looks a little desaturated in person. However, I have already taken action and decided to change the colour code. I will make sure the next round of samples will look considerably similar to the renders. Thank you.

Offline nakaru

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 13 August 2022, 21:04:54 »

I must agree with you that the legend colour looks a little desaturated in person. However, I have already taken action and decided to change the colour code. I will make sure the next round of samples will look considerably similar to the renders. Thank you.

Thank you for this change, i much prefer the more cream-colored legends, especially compared to those white looking legends in the samples.

Offline lootega

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 13 August 2022, 22:12:46 »
Really wish the keycaps weren't transparent, the holes in em kinda ruin the aesthetic

Offline antifocus

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 13 August 2022, 22:58:24 »
Yeah I hope they can keep the beige/goldish legend color

The white color looks flat to me

Offline leexy

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 14 August 2022, 01:23:50 »
samples looking good. white legends look better than yellow legends

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 14 August 2022, 12:38:42 »
I'm holding off on if white or gold is better until we see samples of both. From the way these are made the bottom shot might alter the entire color of the keycap depending on if it's darker or not. White legends made the keycap a lot lighter of a red, and hopefully the gold color won't affect it too much.

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 16 August 2022, 08:51:33 »
I'm holding off on if white or gold is better until we see samples of both. From the way these are made the bottom shot might alter the entire color of the keycap depending on if it's darker or not. White legends made the keycap a lot lighter of a red, and hopefully the gold color won't affect it too much.

I totally agree with you that colour of the bottom shot will have an influence to the overall colour. I will make sure to upload the R2 samples photos once I got them. The legend colour has been changed from RAL 1015 to RAL 1014, which is a more saturated beige.

Offline KeyBros_

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 16 August 2022, 08:54:20 »
This

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 16 August 2022, 10:52:56 »
Looking forward to these ass caps.   :p

290273-0

I do like me some rump tho.  So it's really a compliment.

Offline synthtastic

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 16 August 2022, 19:32:56 »
Great looking samples. This is pretty damn cool. Any love for 40s?
Expensive plastic makes me sigh.

Offline Rumblethumps

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 18 August 2022, 08:15:25 »
The holes actually look less prominent than expected on the samples. Of course that could depend on the lighting, but it's encouraging!

The whiter legends in the samples looks nice, but the original beige in the renders looks more unique and stands out more imo.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 August 2022, 10:09:32 by Rumblethumps »

Offline Hawkenfreude

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 18 August 2022, 09:40:16 »
Were any samples of larger keys made? The 1u caps look great, but I'd also like to see modifiers and bars.

Offline Scriba

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 19 August 2022, 04:17:53 »
Looks good

Offline lemanh97

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 22 August 2022, 20:55:37 »
Gold Legend and burgundy caps looks so good! I feel more power already. Looking forward to the set!
If there is any renders of the set on red/burgundy case would be great! 'cause I bet many would buy the set for a red/burgundy keyboard.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 August 2022, 21:03:51 by lemanh97 »

Offline TekNiq

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 23 August 2022, 02:43:31 »

Is the goal to still be closer to gold? Something that I have issues with often is that renders look gold, but they end up looking beige. Any way we can get a color code to confirm?

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 23 August 2022, 15:03:06 »

Is the goal to still be closer to gold? Something that I have issues with often is that renders look gold, but they end up looking beige. Any way we can get a color code to confirm?
renders look beige to me.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 23:45:57 »
Looking forward to these ass caps.   :p

(Attachment Link)

I do like me some rump tho.  So it's really a compliment.

This is hilarious :D :D

Offline nakaru

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 27 August 2022, 16:50:48 »
I'm so excited to see what the next samples with the more saturated legends will look like as I'm much more interested in that gold/beige color over the more white color.
Also any hints about those similarly beautiful switches that are in the teasers? Having a set of switches that matches the colors of the keycaps would be *chef's kiss* (would like them to be tactile personally but I'd probably get them regardless.)
Thank you again for making this IC and I can't wait for them to go on sale! (please please please have an all in one bundle <3 )

Offline lonewolf4

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 11:03:06 »
Love it, buying for sure if there is ISO-PT support.

Offline aiglatsonstudio

Re: [IC] PBTfans™ Pyga / International Kit added
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 01 September 2022, 07:05:56 »
As per your requests, the international kit had been added to the set  :D

Offline lonewolf4

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 01 September 2022, 16:08:04 »

Thank you, would you consider adding the ç for Portugal and the ń for our Spanish brothers? I think it is all that's needed to fully support ISO-PT and ES

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 01 September 2022, 20:57:26 »

40's?  :-*

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 19:58:24 »

Currently, there is not a lot of interest in the 40's kit from what I see in the IC form. However, if there is enough demand, we would consider adding it  :).

Offline ale210

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 09 September 2022, 01:13:41 »
International kit doens't has support to spanish...sorry about that... The market is growing.

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 08 October 2022, 19:53:11 »
Hello hello. Here's a little update of the project. We have already received the second round of prototype; however, we are not fully satisfied. The legend is still undersaturated and the overall colour is too bright. We apologies for the delay, but please rest assure that we are working very hard with kbdfans to make sure that this set is as stunning as the renders came out. We appreciate you patient and promise will give all of you an update as soon as there. Thank you.

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 08 October 2022, 22:43:06 »
Samples look great. Please do text only R3 Control, the text+icon R3 control is horrible.

Also these don't belong in base imo.
Show Image

bumping this
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline antifocus

Re: [IC] PBTfans™ Pyga / New updates
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 08 October 2022, 22:52:00 »
Thanks for keeping us updated, eagerly looking forward to this, also hope you would reconsider those mods in the base kit.

Offline firimp

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 08 October 2022, 23:04:35 »
If you look at the back of the keycaps, you'll see that the legends are already beige in color, but due to a visual error, the legends still look like white when viewed from the front, which I believe is the main problem with the current samples (image from kbdfans's qq)

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 08 October 2022, 23:21:05 »
If you look at the back of the keycaps, you'll see that the legends are already beige in color, but due to a visual error, the legends still look like white when viewed from the front, which I believe is the main problem with the current samples (image from kbdfans's qq)

Thank you for explaining this so well. The under looks beige; however the legend somehow looks desaturated and brighter when exposed to natural light. Therefore, we have decided to change the legend color to RAL 1001 instead of RAL 1014. Hopefully, this will solve the problem we are currently facing 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Offline arr1

• Ń supporter
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 09 October 2022, 06:51:36 »
Simply amazing. Good luck with the IC and GB

Offline marcusant

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 09 October 2022, 15:34:03 »
Samples look great. Please do text only R3 Control, the text+icon R3 control is horrible.

Also these don't belong in base imo.
Show Image

I agree with Ankit that text-only R3 Control would look significantly better

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 09 October 2022, 16:25:53 »

Bumping this

Offline aiglatsonstudio

Re: [IC] PBTfans™ Pyga / Artisan Keycap Added
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 21:04:43 »
Hello hello. Long time no see 😁. We are finally back with some exciting updates about PBTfans™ Pyga. First of all, colour matching has been completed. After three rounds of prototyping, we finally achieved a look similar to the renders. We have to say that the latest samples look incredibly lovely on hand. Photoshoot of the prototype will be updated soon. Moreover, in collaboration with PBTfans™ Pyga, we are proud to introduce you to this gorgeous brass artisan keycap. It comes in R1, 1U Cherry profile with sandblasted surface finishing. We hope you all like what you see 😍.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 22:15:32 »
Oh wow, the artisan sounds pretty epic.  Looking forward to seeing the final results.

Offline caughtquick

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 23:55:55 »
Really digging the medieval, almost gothic font on this one. GLWIC

Offline arr1

• Ń supporter
« Reply #93 on: Sat, 29 October 2022, 02:21:23 »
Excellent set. Glad it now has greeksublegends.

Offline Nuap

« Reply #94 on: Sun, 30 October 2022, 01:12:14 »
Very epic  :thumb:

Please please remove the icon from R3 control, command, and stepped command. It looks really out of place and crowded.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 02 November 2022, 11:09:27 »
Hard not to buy this set. 
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 04 November 2022, 08:58:10 »
Excellent set. Glad it now has greeksublegends.

Really digging the medieval, almost gothic font on this one. GLWIC

Very epic  :thumb:

Please please remove the icon from R3 control, command, and stepped command. It looks really out of place and crowded.

Thank you. We appreciate all your compliments. Just a little update for you guys, we have decided to add the 40s kit and the set is now ready for production ;)

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Re: [IC] PBTfans™ Pyga / Vendors Announced
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 06 November 2022, 04:53:32 »
Could I request that a 1.5U and 1.25U space bar be also added.  It is rare that this is the case, but I love to have a split space on the left of most of my ergo builds and usually end up having to use a 1.25 ALT or CRTL cap instead of an actual space bar.

Other than that and with UK ISO covered in the International kit, I love this set.  Keep it dark, as dark as the renders.  Too many sets are too light in colour when compared to their renders.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline aiglatsonstudio

Re: [IC] PBTfans™ Pyga / R3 Prototype photoshoot updated
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 14 November 2022, 06:45:56 »
R3 samples photoshoot has been uploaded. PBTfans™ Pyga is also now production and it will be ready for the in-stock sale real soon. Thank you.

Offline makikatze

• The Real Cat™
Re: [IC] PBTfans™ Pyga / R3 Prototype photoshoot updated
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 14 November 2022, 08:17:39 »
Really nice, the legends look much better than in the first round and more like in the renders. Can't wait to get a set as soon as it hits the vendors :)