geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] GMK SNES - Hype slowly rekindling...

(1/216) > >>

intelli78:
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-snes-keycap-set?mode=guest_open

More

Key features of the set:

* Color matching to original SNES plastics - no Pantone chips involved  :D
* Alpha color = light gray of main SNES plastic; Mod color = darker gray of Eject button; Purples = controller buttons; Legends = d-pad
* All R4
* US ISO support
* 60% symmetry \|
* 60%/HHKB add-on kit included in base set
* Dark mod child kitPlease look for any errors in the mockups that I did not catch. The key selection is based on the TA buy, which is designed to strike a balance between affordability and compatibility, however I have eliminated the controversial aspects (mixed profiles) and made small adjustments to modernize legends etc. Please do not ask to add keys for specific layouts like 1800, MX Mini, etc. This set gives you enough keys to cover those keyboards, although you might not get the exact legend you want on every key. Simply put, if you must have an enormous key selection, this is not the GB for you, and I would recommend looking into other GMK GBs.

This also includes a really neat 60% pack inspired by ileben's post here which I am super excited about.

There are also a lot of people who want darker mods. While I don't like the way it looks, and it doesn't really fit into my vision for this set, I am willing to offer the option as a child kit for those who want it.

This will run on MD hopefully as soon as the end of the month. 

PLEASE NOTE: GMK is well aware of complaints about the TA buy related to trays, color inconsistency, etc, and will be improving their process this time around. They are designing new trays, btw. These are not cheap keys and we all deserve to get our money's worth. However, I advise managing expectations, and not losing your mind if there are any imperfections in these keys. We have seen that custom colors present some challenges, so while I expect improvements, I advise healthy expectation management. Also please note that GMK is going to do what it can to make keys fully opaque to backlighting, but this is not, and has never been, a spec'd feature of their keys. So if they let some light through, don't b1tch, because no one promised otherwise!

Old mockups
More
- VS -

sethk_:
+1 for SNES

VinnyCordeiro:
SNES all the way.

nickheller:
I would buy the SNES set!

Sifo:
 cup

Navigation