geekhack Community > Off Topic

TikTok Stealing User Data?? SHOCKING!

(1/5) > >>

noisyturtle:
To the surprise of absolutely no one:
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/privacy-2/2022/07/tiktok-is-unacceptable-security-risk-and-should-be-removed-from-app-stores-says-fcc/

tp4tissue:
this is no different than what apple, google and microsoft tracks.  unless we stop using everything, taking one of these companies out of the rotation is pointless, there will be more.

we should go back to low tech phones. delete all social media.

fohat.digs:
I don't believe it. That would be like saying that most Twitter traffic is bots and spam.

pixelpusher:
I just watch Instagram reels... it's all TikTok content but now I hand my data to Meta/Facebook instead.  BRILLIANT  :p

pixelpusher:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Tue, 19 July 2022, 00:13:59 ---this is no different than what apple, google and microsoft tracks.  unless we stop using everything, taking one of these companies out of the rotation is pointless, there will be more.

we should go back to low tech phones. delete all social media.

--- End quote ---

Or enforcing agencies could be even more diligent about what can and cannot be tracked and enforce laws.  It's like you're saying we should all ride bicycles because the highways are filled with people going whatever speed they choose.  When putting up speed limit signs and enforcing them fixes a lot of the problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version