Author Topic: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Complete)  (Read 228845 times)

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
Re: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Shipping - 60% done)
« Reply #600 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 05:14:05 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:59:17 by Khers »

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #601 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 08:47:11 »

091   Shipped   smart5088
092   Shipped   seblove
093   Shipped   -pineapple- @GH
094   Shipped   priyadi

095   Paid   Khers
098   Shipped   ipee9932cd
099   Paid   kubiedo
100   Paid   Asbrodeus
So close...

Yet so far :p
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #602 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 12:17:21 »

091   Shipped   smart5088
092   Shipped   seblove
093   Shipped   -pineapple- @GH
094   Shipped   priyadi

095   Paid   Khers
098   Shipped   ipee9932cd
099   Paid   kubiedo
100   Paid   Asbrodeus
So close...

Sorry!!! I ran out of international shipping supplies and need to go and get more boxes.  I hope to do that tonight and ship yours out tomorrow!  I felt bad when I was just one international package away from catching up with domestic!  Doing my best!

Matthew

Offline wodan

« Reply #603 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 12:35:46 »
Got mine :)

Thanks manifex, took a while but you stayed responsive and delivered. Would participate again.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #604 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 12:41:59 »

Thanks manifex, took a while but you stayed responsive and delivered. Would participate again.

Sorry about the delay, production time (12 weeks) was out of my control, and I received them right around the holidays.  If I am to do this again, I'd try and get the keys delivered in the summer instead so that my holiday plans don't affect shipping.  This was my first GB and also didn't really conceive of the amount of work this takes!  Glad you like them.  Did they arrive safely?

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #605 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 13:36:32 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:59:11 by Khers »

Offline wodan

« Reply #606 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 14:00:21 »

Sorry about the delay, production time (12 weeks) was out of my control, and I received them right around the holidays.  If I am to do this again, I'd try and get the keys delivered in the summer instead so that my holiday plans don't affect shipping.  This was my first GB and also didn't really conceive of the amount of work this takes!  Glad you like them.  Did they arrive safely?

No worries, it's all good. Staying responsive and making reliable statements is all I need.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #607 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 16:44:22 »

No worries, it's all good. Staying responsive and making reliable statements is all I need.

And don't forget those beautiful shaped pieces of colored plastic!  Thanks for your support!

Offline Aqoush

« Reply #608 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 16:42:25 »
Hey Manifex,

Thanks for running the GB!

I received my set today and ran through all my keys and unfortunately there are some defects with my "Y" and "U" key (see attached photo).

They keys don't have scuffs, rather it seems like a problem with the doubleshot process.

Is there a way to remedy this problem (ticket to GMK I assume)?

Offline tuba section

« Reply #609 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 18:05:23 »
Was pleasantly surprised to get my set today! Doubly so since my name wasn't crossed out on the front page. Thanks a ton Manifex, I'll get some pictures up soon

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #610 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 18:50:40 »
Hey Manifex,

Thanks for running the GB!

I received my set today and ran through all my keys and unfortunately there are some defects with my "Y" and "U" key (see attached photo).

They keys don't have scuffs, rather it seems like a problem with the doubleshot process.

Is there a way to remedy this problem (ticket to GMK I assume)?

Yes, I'll PM you my e-mail address and we will get this taken care of with GMK.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #611 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 18:56:11 »
Was pleasantly surprised to get my set today! Doubly so since my name wasn't crossed out on the front page. Thanks a ton Manifex, I'll get some pictures up soon

It is now!  Just shipped out another group of sets.  The store ran out of my international boxes, so I could only ship out 4 more international orders.  I most likely will do two or three more shipments to finish up.  76% done!  Wooooot!   :p

Offline padath

Re: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Shipping - 76% done)
« Reply #612 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 14:18:47 »
Received my set yesterday. Amazingly well packaged - the best packaging of any group buy I've participated in :thumb:

A heartfelt thank-you MaNiFeX for running such a great group buy. You've kept everybody informed throughout with constant updates - no disappearances or lame excuses. If only all group buys were run so well.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #613 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 22:26:52 »
Received my set yesterday. Amazingly well packaged - the best packaging of any group buy I've participated in :thumb:

A heartfelt thank-you MaNiFeX for running such a great group buy. You've kept everybody informed throughout with constant updates - no disappearances or lame excuses. If only all group buys were run so well.

Awesome!  I thought my packaging was pretty 'barebones,' but I wanted it to be effective.  Glad to hear the group buy lived up to standards.  I wanted this to be the opposite of Miami Nights...  and with $15,000 of other people's money, the least I can do is be communicative. 

Thank you for participating!

Offline luckynet

« Reply #614 on: Sun, 05 February 2017, 10:02:59 »

the packaging man, the ****ing packaging man, is amazeballs! i was like, sweet jebus

also, great group buy!

thanks manifex! I pray many good things happen to you for making this GB buttery smooth.

grats on the new wifey as well. hope your kids are doing well!! they've got a great dad
Realforce 104U - HHKB Pro 2 dental band - HHKB Pro 2 Hasu's bluetooth controller - CM novatouch silent mod - Royal Kludge Topre clones
Filco Magestouch 2 Brown - Duckyshine 9008s Brown - QFR white - Plum MX 96 Blue - KBT Race Red - SS 7G Black - Poker blue - ducky shine 69
IBM Model M SSK
Matias quiet pro - V60 matias clicky

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #615 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 11:47:17 »

the packaging man, the ****ing packaging man, is amazeballs! i was like, sweet jebus

also, great group buy!

thanks manifex! I pray many good things happen to you for making this GB buttery smooth.

grats on the new wifey as well. hope your kids are doing well!! they've got a great dad

Aww, thanks.  I'm definitely blushing.   :-*

If my packaging keeps a set safe going all the way to Malaysia, I'm pretty sure I did OK!  For any of you interested, I used 'packing paper' to wrap the set similarly to a butcher wrap (see below).  I then filled the remaining space with bundled packing paper to keep the set tight in box.  For domestic, I was able to do a butcher wrap the approximate size of a small flat rate box in order to keep the set from moving/getting damaged.

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #616 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 11:58:13 »

112   Shipped   Proyoyo
113   Shipped   lovestream1989

114   Paid   Gajible
115   Shipped   gamer179
116   Shipped   luckyryan333@GH

117   Paid   koops finalarcadia and Zeneraith

RIP Gabe.
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #617 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 12:17:49 »

112   Shipped   Proyoyo

114   Paid   Gajible
115   Shipped   gamer179

RIP Gabe.

Going out soon!  My store ran out of the supplies I use.  F Gabe's L.   :-[

Offline Gajible

« Reply #618 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 12:28:48 »

112   Shipped   Proyoyo

114   Paid   Gajible
115   Shipped   gamer179

RIP Gabe.

I see how it is! Top skam! Report. You'll be b& m8.

In all seriousness though, thanks for running such a smooth GB  MaNiFeX! I can tell you that Fictiouz and I appreciate the **** out of you.  :thumb:

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #619 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 12:35:27 »

112   Shipped   Proyoyo

114   Paid   Gajible
115   Shipped   gamer179

RIP Gabe.

In all seriousness though, thanks for running such a smooth GB  MaNiFeX! I can tell you that Fictiouz and I appreciate the **** out of you.  :thumb:

Thanks gajible.  It's my first GB, had to really push for it to hit MOQ.  I didn't want to mess it up.  Lots of logistics.  Had a couple mis-shipments, a few QC issues that I've had to resolve, but for the most part, it's gone well on my end, too.  Looking forward to finishing up shipments this week and maybe into next week. I haven't bought/modded/played with keebs during the GB to keep myself focused.  Looking forward to getting back in the game.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #620 on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 11:56:22 »
Finally restocked my boxes at the store.  Will ship out more tomorrow.  Hope to finish the rest of packing over the weekend and finish shipping on Monday!  OMG, it's happening!!!  :eek:

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #621 on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 18:55:18 »

112   Shipped   Proyoyo

114   Paid   Gajible
115   Shipped   gamer179

RIP Gabe.

Alright!  Got some more packages shipped out.  I will most definitely be done next week at this rate.  Thanks for all who have been patient.  It was my goal to be done with this within 6-9 months.  Looks like we are going to make it.

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #622 on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 19:09:46 »

112   Shipped   Proyoyo

114   Paid   Gajible
115   Shipped   gamer179

RIP Gabe.

Alright!  Got some more packages shipped out.  I will most definitely be done next week at this rate.  Thanks for all who have been patient.  It was my goal to be done with this within 6-9 months.  Looks like we are going to make it.

Gajible does not lie, you're the man! Also mine's only a day away, but there's a big storm coming so fingers crossed it shows up tomorrow :))
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #623 on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 20:08:43 »

112   Shipped   Proyoyo

114   Paid   Gajible
115   Shipped   gamer179

RIP Gabe.

Gajible does not lie, you're the man! Also mine's only a day away, but there's a big storm coming so fingers crossed it shows up tomorrow :))

Thanks Fictiouz!  Only 25 more left.  Hoping to get all packed this weekend and shipped next week.  :thumb:

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going have to use $300-500 of my own funds to finish shipping due to my international shipping miscalculation.  I based it on shipping to Canada which is $10 cheaper than overseas shipping.

Any International Buyers that can pay me an extra $10, it would really help out! 
Send funds to matthew_t_west [at] yahoo [dot] com!  Thanks all that have done so already!

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
Re: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Shipping - 82% done)
« Reply #624 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 12:06:59 »

112ShippedProyoyo
113Shippedlovestream1989

114PaidGajible
115Shippedgamer179
116Shippedluckyryan333@GH

117Paidkoops finalarcadia and Zeneraith

RIP Gabe.

Thanks Fictiouz!  Only 25 more left.  Hoping to get all packed this weekend and shipped next week.  :thumb:

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going have to use $300-500 of my own funds to finish shipping due to my international shipping miscalculation.  I based it on shipping to Canada which is $10 cheaper than overseas shipping.

Any International Buyers that can pay me an extra $10, it would really help out! 
Send funds to matthew_t_west [at] yahoo [dot] com!  Thanks all that have done so already!
I already sent 20 and am in Canada. If I wasn't so tight for cash I would send another 20 more!

My package is on the truck and going to the post office as we speak. Can't wait to see the set in person!

Thanks again for hosting a kick ass group buy, Matthew! Next GB should be a novelties pack. ;)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #625 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 14:28:46 »

112ShippedProyoyo
113Shippedlovestream1989

114PaidGajible
115Shippedgamer179
116Shippedluckyryan333@GH

117Paidkoops finalarcadia and Zeneraith

RIP Gabe.

I already sent 20 and am in Canada. If I wasn't so tight for cash I would send another 20 more!

My package is on the truck and going to the post office as we speak. Can't wait to see the set in person!

Thanks again for hosting a kick ass group buy, Matthew! Next GB should be a novelties pack. ;)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Dude, you didn't need to do that!  You are one of the few that I didn't need that from!  Appreciate it so much!  Per the next GB, I really got to think about leading another!  I wanted to do something a little smaller, but shipping to 150 people (or more) is challenging!  Maybe if I had a European/Asian proxy, it would make it a little less daunting.

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #626 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 09:21:47 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:58:56 by Khers »

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #627 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 13:03:17 »
Sent you another $10, MaNiFeX

Thanks for the GB!

You guys are awesome.  I'm packing up the rest of the sets this weekend.  Will post progress!  Hoping to be 100% shipped by either the 13th or 15th.

Offline renne

« Reply #628 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 20:18:37 »
Just received the replacement of my broken '5' and 'H' keys. Thanks a lot!

Offline Tally810

« Reply #629 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 22:02:50 »
I'm not even part of this gb but I sent you a ten spot to help see you through the end of this one.  Too many group buy leaders end up stalling the buys when they run out of funds to ship and won't admit a miscalculation on their part.  I assume with how shipping costs change its an easy mistake to make.  Good luck!

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #630 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 22:05:32 »
I'm not even part of this gb but I sent you a ten spot to help see you through the end of this one.  Too many group buy leaders end up stalling the buys when they run out of funds to ship and won't admit a miscalculation on their part.  I assume with how shipping costs change its an easy mistake to make.  Good luck!

That's freaking awesome, brother.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #631 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 12:43:42 »

That's really dope of you.  ****in' diamonds and hot chicks, RiFf RaFF style!  Thanks for your support!

Offline Tally810

« Reply #632 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 12:49:31 »

That's really dope of you.  ****in' diamonds and hot chicks, RiFf RaFF style!  Thanks for your support!
:thumb:

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #633 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 13:00:21 »
Just received the replacement of my broken '5' and 'H' keys. Thanks a lot!

Fantastic!  Glad to hear.

Offline neon_tom

[GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Shipping - 82% done)
« Reply #634 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 13:52:35 »
Got my set the other day and I'm super impressed. Packaging was fantastic and the caps look even better than I expected.

I have one tiny issue with one cap that I'll PM you about MaNiFeX but otherwise, I couldn't be happier with this GB. :-)

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #635 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 22:55:21 »
All orders packed. I hope to get them all shipped tomorrow.  Thanks for those that threw in the extra cash for the group buy.  I really appreciate it.

MaNiFeX

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
Re: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Shipping - 99% done)
« Reply #636 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 15:35:17 »
OK!  All but one packaged shipped (awaiting address confirmation)!!!   :eek:

After shipping the last package, I will be keeping the thread open for replacement needs.  Looks like I'm only about $150 in the hole for the project, so pretty happy about that!  Thanks to all that helped make this happen.

MaNiFeX

« Last Edit: Mon, 13 February 2017, 15:44:02 by MaNiFeX »

Offline PerniciousPony

Re: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Shipping - 99% done)
« Reply #637 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 16:26:07 »
Just got my shipping info this morning  :thumb:

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
Re: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (100% Shipped)
« Reply #638 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 12:59:52 »
100% Shipped

OK, everyone.  You should be getting your keycaps soon if you haven't already!  Pending some replacements, this group buy is over!  Thank you all who made this possible. 

"These aren't the droids we're looking for."

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #639 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 15:47:28 »
Picked up my set today and did a quick check. No scratches or damage. Very good packaging job, 10/10 would buy again (please please please would you consider adding 1800 support for your future GBs please please please :) )

These may not be the droids I'm looking for, but it's definitely the keyset I am looking for :D

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #640 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 16:20:11 »
Picked up my set today and did a quick check. No scratches or damage. Very good packaging job, 10/10 would buy again (please please please would you consider adding 1800 support for your future GBs please please please :) )

These may not be the droids I'm looking for, but it's definitely the keyset I am looking for :D

Yes, that was my one realization after launching this: I should have included 1800 support.  :rolleyes:  Glad you got your set and like it!

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #641 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 18:16:44 »

Yes, that was my one realization after launching this: I should have included 1800 support.  :rolleyes:  Glad you got your set and like it!

The set already includes most of the major pieces for 1800 layout: small right shift, 1u Numpad '0' and the split numpad +/- keys, really the only things missing are the 3x1u keys for the cluster at the top.

In any case, I now face the difficult decision of what board to actually put these caps on or build a new board just for this set :-|

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #642 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 23:45:37 »

The set already includes most of the major pieces for 1800 layout: small right shift, 1u Numpad '0' and the split numpad +/- keys, really the only things missing are the 3x1u keys for the cluster at the top.

In any case, I now face the difficult decision of what board to actually put these caps on or build a new board just for this set :-|

Hmmm.  Your QFR would display them nicely.  I have mine on a Leandren R5 HHKB right now, but might put them on the Exent or my VA68M.  Tough decisions!!!

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #643 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 06:02:39 »

Hmmm.  Your QFR would display them nicely.  I have mine on a Leandren R5 HHKB right now, but might put them on the Exent or my VA68M.  Tough decisions!!!

They'd look super clean on a black Exent. Actually any Exent for that matter...

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #644 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 13:07:28 »
Received them and everything looks great, thanks Manifex  :thumb:

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #645 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 13:17:53 »
One beautiful set of keys just made it to the desert SW... Will look through them tonight, but thanks again Manifex for a smooth and fun GB. Very nicely done all the way through!!  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #646 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 13:40:57 »
Received them and everything looks great, thanks Manifex  :thumb:

One beautiful set of keys just made it to the desert SW... Will look through them tonight, but thanks again Manifex for a smooth and fun GB. Very nicely done all the way through!!  :thumb: :thumb:

Woooohoooo!  Glad to hear it, guys!  I'm so glad everyone is getting their sets and is happy.  Makes the whole process worthwhile.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #647 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 13:50:05 »

I'm thinking I should build a new White themed 60% just for this :D

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #648 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 13:53:08 »

I'm thinking I should build a new White themed 60% just for this :D

Please post if you do!!!

Let the pictures of people's setup commence!!!

Offline luumii

• A day in life without Keyboard SA
« Reply #649 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 13:56:02 »
Such a shame that I missed out on this  :(

If there ever is another run of this I'll be super interested!