Author Topic: 87 key using Pro Micro  (Read 1487 times)

Offline xmagusx

• QWERTY is hateful.
    • The Ergonomic Zone
87 key using Pro Micro
« on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 10:16:10 »
I was reading up on this: https://hackaday.io/project/8282-alpen-clack/log/27475-use-a-pro-micro-in-a-keyboard

And was wondering if anyone around here has done this, or had luck "reclaiming" those two IO pins on a pro micro board. The description on the page, "we only have to remove the two resistors and solder wires in their place, and we have 20 pins for our disposal" seems straightforward right up until I'm looking at my chip and find myself wanting more certainly before I start attempting to solder and desolder parts.

Just hoping for a guide or video of someone who has performed the operation successfully.

Online Tactile

Re: 87 key using Pro Micro
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 12:42:02 »
I was reading up on this: https://hackaday.io/project/8282-alpen-clack/log/27475-use-a-pro-micro-in-a-keyboard

And was wondering if anyone around here has done this, or had luck "reclaiming" those two IO pins on a pro micro board. The description on the page, "we only have to remove the two resistors and solder wires in their place, and we have 20 pins for our disposal" seems straightforward right up until I'm looking at my chip and find myself wanting more certainly before I start attempting to solder and desolder parts.

Just hoping for a guide or video of someone who has performed the operation successfully.

What they're talking about makes sense and, from looking at the schematic, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
REΛLFORCE

Offline xmagusx

• QWERTY is hateful.
    • The Ergonomic Zone
Re: 87 key using Pro Micro
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 07:15:46 »
What they're talking about makes sense and, from looking at the schematic, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
I agree that it makes sense, I was just hoping to find someone who had performed it successfully as a point of emulation before I made my attempt.