Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2772942 times)

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #6500 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 14:23:36 »
I really like buckling springs. But MX Blue seems better. :)

If the entirety of the keyboards and switches and know-how to make them were to vanish, and the choice were left up to me. I'd pick Cherry Mx blue to disappear and keep buckling springs.

But I'd probably cry myself to sleep that night.

Thankfully we don't have to pick. I myself can't bring myself to get rid of my Ducky Yellow, it's just been too good a performer, even though I'm BS (Both meanings) full time now.

Thanks guys, I notified the person I wouldn't be buying from them. Going to look for an AT layout one, or see if I can get a new-production model.

The new production models are quite pricey starting at 300 and going up, you can get an older AT for that for sure, though make sure you factor in a Soarers converter for it, which will be an additional 40$ from Orihalcon on ebay, or 20$ and same change if you build one yourself.

I recently got an AT for 200 shipped, and that was from r/Mechmarket and it was totally worth it, that aside, keep a good eye out, everything on Ebay for example right now is running 300-400 bucks, for that, I'd just do the reproductions.

Tell me when you start looking and I'll throw a deal your way if I find one then. I keep my ear to the ground on deals for these.

Just joined the community :cool:

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time around here.  :)

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline bigapplepietart

• Topre Convert
« Reply #6501 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 19:16:41 »
Black Klippe R2 with:

Brass plate
24K Gold screws
Zeal 67g Rosélios
Zeal stabs, clipped and lubed
GMK WoB, icon mods and CMYW kit
Some cheap Anker USB-C cable (only temporary)
Current:
Palmetto (Ultraglides) | Heavy Grail (Purple DES V1) | hiney tkl one PC (Orange SKCM Alps) | Lunar II (Green SKCL Alps) | Sho S60 V2 (45g stock domes) | HHKB Hybrid Type-S

Past:
Razer Blackwidow (MX Blues) | FC660M (MX Blues) | GH60 (Ergo Clears) | 8x mkI (Vintage Blacks) | Klippe (Sakurios) | Equinox (Sakurios) | MGA (Silent Alpacas) | Kei (Creamsicles) | KFE CE (Alpacas) | Rukia R1 (Durock L7) | H60 (Silent Blacks) | E80-1800 (MX Blacks) | Ottantaquattro (Vintage Blacks) | hbcp (Vintage Blacks) | HHKB Pro 2 Stock (45g Topre) | ADK64 (Blue SKCM Alps)

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #6502 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 20:51:35 »
I really like buckling springs. But MX Blue seems better. :)

If the entirety of the keyboards and switches and know-how to make them were to vanish, and the choice were left up to me. I'd pick Cherry Mx blue to disappear and keep buckling springs.

But I'd probably cry myself to sleep that night.

Thankfully we don't have to pick. I myself can't bring myself to get rid of my Ducky Yellow, it's just been too good a performer, even though I'm BS (Both meanings) full time now.

Thanks guys, I notified the person I wouldn't be buying from them. Going to look for an AT layout one, or see if I can get a new-production model.

The new production models are quite pricey starting at 300 and going up, you can get an older AT for that for sure, though make sure you factor in a Soarers converter for it, which will be an additional 40$ from Orihalcon on ebay, or 20$ and same change if you build one yourself.

I recently got an AT for 200 shipped, and that was from r/Mechmarket and it was totally worth it, that aside, keep a good eye out, everything on Ebay for example right now is running 300-400 bucks, for that, I'd just do the reproductions.

Tell me when you start looking and I'll throw a deal your way if I find one then. I keep my ear to the ground on deals for these.

Just joined the community :cool:

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time around here.  :)

I bought an AT from an acquaintance for $75. He said that he had it lying in the closet, unused, and wanted to get rid of it.
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6503 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 20:55:25 »
That's fantastic. That's almost half of what I paid for my first one. Congrats.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #6504 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 20:58:02 »
I bought an AT from an acquaintance for $75. He said that he had it lying in the closet, unused, and wanted to get rid of it.

:eek:

No-one gets deals like that except you!, Count your lucky stars. You stole it for that price.

Throw up some pics when you get a chance. :) Everyone loves seeing a good IBM AT.

I can't recommend Orihalcon's converters for them on Ebay enough if you don't already have one.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline Adieu910

• Crazy about Typing
« Reply #6505 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 21:14:25 »
Ducky One 2 with MX Browns and Ducky Ultraviolets keycaps + Varmilo Valentines ABS dyesub spacebar. I love it. Don't bully me pls haha.

Ducky One 2                   Klippe Alps64

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #6506 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 21:22:22 »
Ducky One 2 with MX Browns and Ducky Ultraviolets keycaps + Varmilo Valentines ABS dyesub spacebar. I love it. Don't bully me pls haha.

My bright yellow keyboard with no legends is the apple of my eye.

I can't hate what I myself am.  ;)

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6507 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 21:25:11 »

I would hope that nobody would. People like what they like. Is that it in your signature? Looks cool.

Offline Adieu910

• Crazy about Typing
« Reply #6508 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 10:25:46 »

It's unique. Is yellow your favourite colour?

I would hope that nobody would. People like what they like. Is that it in your signature? Looks cool.

Yes it is. After I won the typing contest at a meetup, they kept joking that you can only get 180 wpm on MX Browns or a Ducky. :P
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 January 2020, 10:27:25 by Adieu910 »

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #6509 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 12:32:39 »

:eek:

No-one gets deals like that except you!, Count your lucky stars. You stole it for that price.

Throw up some pics when you get a chance. :) Everyone loves seeing a good IBM AT.

I can't recommend Orihalcon's converters for them on Ebay enough if you don't already have one.

I have a Soarer's converter that I purchased. It should work with the F AT, because that is a 5 pin DIN connection.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #6510 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 12:33:54 »

Yes it is. After I won the typing contest at a meetup, they kept joking that you can only get 180 wpm on MX Browns or a Ducky. :P

It's true. You can get unparalleled WPM using MX Browns. They are speedier than speed switches. :)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6511 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 15:58:53 »

It's true. You can get unparalleled WPM using MX Browns. They are speedier than speed switches. :)

Browns good

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #6512 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 21:00:09 »

I got it to match a theme I was going for with my computer at the time, I had noticed that everyone I know that was buying and building their computers, ALWAYS chose either red or blue, rarely green, never white, and somehow even more rarely than that: Purple and Yellow.

I chose yellow and made a theme of it, it lasted for quite awhile, but parts died and I replaced others, so there's only a few yellow parts anymore. My computer glows yellow still, and my microphone is a little yellow. My mouse long since passed from this world, and my ducky is in my closet.

My personal favorite color is green.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #6513 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 21:01:29 »
I have a Soarer's converter that I purchased. It should work with the F AT, because that is a 5 pin DIN connection.

Man, you got everything lined up, please return and tell us all what you think of your AT. :)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6514 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 07:30:36 »
Remember, Soarer originally developed the converter so that he could game with his AT keyboard.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6515 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 09:47:30 »

180 wpm, wow. I need to take some of those tests seriously and figure out where I fit. What's the best/most accurate test of this to begin with? I tried one cursorily the other day and it seemed like I spent an inordinate amount of time parsing the text in my mind before typing it, where I would not normally do so when typing naturally.

Man, you got everything lined up, please return and tell us all what you think of your AT. :)

^ This. I like to build my Soarer's converters myself. Cheap conduit boxes work well, with plenty of room to add reset buttons, multiple inputs, even lock lights if you want. I have recently found that guitar pedal/stomp boxes are cheap on Amazon as well, for being made of solid aluminum.

Remember, Soarer originally developed the converter so that he could game with his AT keyboard.

I didn't even know that. Makes sense.

Offline Adieu910

• Crazy about Typing
« Reply #6516 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 10:18:13 »

I got it to match a theme I was going for with my computer at the time, I had noticed that everyone I know that was buying and building their computers, ALWAYS chose either red or blue, rarely green, never white, and somehow even more rarely than that: Purple and Yellow.

I chose yellow and made a theme of it, it lasted for quite awhile, but parts died and I replaced others, so there's only a few yellow parts anymore. My computer glows yellow still, and my microphone is a little yellow. My mouse long since passed from this world, and my ducky is in my closet.

My personal favorite color is green.

Yeah it's hard to coordinate colours. I imagine finding yellow parts is challenging. Maybe you should choose a green theme next.

180 wpm, wow. I need to take some of those tests seriously and figure out where I fit. What's the best/most accurate test of this to begin with? I tried one cursorily the other day and it seemed like I spent an inordinate amount of time parsing the text in my mind before typing it, where I would not normally do so when typing naturally.

Whatever you do, don't use typingtest.com. Their penalty for errors is wrong. If you make one mistake, they take off 1 wpm which is actually 5 characters. The most consistent typing test is 10fastfingers.com. It is all right to read the text over before you read it, because the test isn't going to be entirely realistic. Typing fast requires you to read ahead and position your fingers for upcoming words. I often try not to get distracted by the text's content; I just mindlessly type the words or syllables.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #6517 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 13:24:38 »

I never knew that, I wonder if he ever checks the forums and just gave up? I'd love to see him back, he's had a huge impact on this hobby.

Yeah it's hard to coordinate colours. I imagine finding yellow parts is challenging. Maybe you should choose a green theme next.

It was a bit of a challenge back then, and I enjoyed the time it was all yellow, I didn't have a ton of people to show it to, so it didn't get a whole lot more than my doting on it.

Truthfully, part of the reason it isn't yellow anymore is more than I've moved on from having to have my setup be "themed" and have gone for more about function. I can't say I'll never return to that, and may very well, but at this point, I'm pretty happy with just upgrading parts to parts with good prices and getting power and ease of use more than the look. (Some yellow peripherals were pretty bad, I got a Sensei gaming mouse in yellow, and I replaced it 4 times on warranty, never again.)

Though honestly nowadays it would be much easier, everything is RGB, I could just set the color and go from there. Finding dedicated Yellow LED's was a challenge back then.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6518 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 16:15:53 »

I wonder if he ever checks the forums and just gave up?

I forget how much churn there is on the forum.

Soarer abruptly disappeared off both GH and DT about what? 3 years ago? 5? and has not been heard from since. We fear the worst. Leading up to his disappearance he had been talking about releasing his source code for some months.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #6519 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 16:47:25 »
Still my HHKB. But I'm taking classes online and the lockdown browser doesn't let you use function keys. Ruh roh.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Adieu910

• Crazy about Typing
« Reply #6520 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 17:29:13 »

It was a bit of a challenge back then, and I enjoyed the time it was all yellow, I didn't have a ton of people to show it to, so it didn't get a whole lot more than my doting on it.

Truthfully, part of the reason it isn't yellow anymore is more than I've moved on from having to have my setup be "themed" and have gone for more about function. I can't say I'll never return to that, and may very well, but at this point, I'm pretty happy with just upgrading parts to parts with good prices and getting power and ease of use more than the look. (Some yellow peripherals were pretty bad, I got a Sensei gaming mouse in yellow, and I replaced it 4 times on warranty, never again.)

Though honestly nowadays it would be much easier, everything is RGB, I could just set the color and go from there. Finding dedicated Yellow LED's was a challenge back then.
[/quote]

I see. That makes sense. RGB is useful in that case.

Offline OtherBarry1992

« Reply #6521 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 22:31:21 »
Currently using a Gon Nerd TKL in a Carbon Fiber case from 1UP. 67g Zealeos and Pulse SA. Love it, been my daily driver for years now. Excuse the messy desk. Also seen is my Ducky Numpad calculator.

« Last Edit: Tue, 28 January 2020, 22:34:15 by OtherBarry1992 »

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6522 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 12:44:13 »
OtherBarry1992, your image doesn't seem to be functioning.

I am using work keyboard #2, a Das Professional 4 with Kailh Box Navies and YMDK "Dolch" caps.

234683-0

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6523 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 11:31:29 »

I am using work keyboard #2, a Das Professional 4 with Kailh Box Navies and YMDK "Dolch" caps.

(Attachment Link)

My school most likely won't allow mech keebs for work

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6524 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 12:02:06 »

(Attachment Link)

My school most likely won't allow mech keebs for work

Then they're heretics.

Offline flurryvelvet

« Reply #6525 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 00:23:21 »
A ZK-4 with Outemu Blues (and the standard ones, although I'm really hungry for the low-travel ones)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6526 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 05:21:47 »
A ZK-4 with Outemu Blues (and the standard ones, although I'm really hungry for the low-travel ones)

I need a clicky switch

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6527 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 07:21:26 »

I need a clicky switch

Boards with Outemus are super cheap, probably feel better than Cherry MX anyway. Grab one.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6528 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 10:58:30 »

I need a clicky switch

Boards with Outemus are super cheap, probably feel better than Cherry MX anyway. Grab one.

Kahils are the worst feeling blues

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6529 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 12:01:20 »

I wouldn't know myself. When I see the generic "blue switch" descriptions, and the obviously Chinese boards, the only time I have bothered to try to figure out what type of knockoff it is is if I am looking around for a dirt cheap hot swap board and want to make sure it doesn't have Outemus in it because of the slightly different pin specs. Pretty sure my AK33's switches say Ajazz on them, lol, so I have no idea offhand who actually made those.

Addendum: Alright, I took the 5 minutes of effort to compare some Chinesium blue switches to the real deal. I have at least one board with Outemu blues, and not sure on that Ajazz AK33. They apparently used to have "Zorro" switches, maybe the newer ones are just the same switches with the Ajazz name slapped on them instead. It would make sense, since whatever is in the board feels pretty terrible even in comparison to the real deal Cherries. The very tactility itself feels like it is up for reinterpretation with each press and has even more of that signature rattle than Cherry. They're also more gritty than Cherries. The Outemu's on the other hand, for being literally the bottom-of-the-barrel switch on Amazon right now, are surprisingly smooth with crisp tactility, certainly much better than Cherry MX. Almost makes me wish I had some run-of-the-mill Kailh and Gateron blues to compare against, even if I don't care for anything MX-like at all anymore.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 February 2020, 16:52:35 by Maledicted »

Offline RoboticRager

« Reply #6530 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 21:44:57 »
Corsair K70 lux rgb with Cherry MX reds

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #6531 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 02:21:33 »
A Filco in office :)

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6532 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 07:22:13 »
Corsair K70 lux rgb with Cherry MX reds

Nice  :thumb:

Classy yet industrial-looking boards.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #6533 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 10:20:26 »

Lubrigrante R2 Wildcard with GMK Skidata.

65G TX Cherry MX silent lubed with 3204.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline OtherBarry1992

« Reply #6534 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 12:11:08 »

Working now?

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6535 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 12:19:43 »

I wouldn't know myself. When I see the generic "blue switch" descriptions, and the obviously Chinese boards, the only time I have bothered to try to figure out what type of knockoff it is is if I am looking around for a dirt cheap hot swap board and want to make sure it doesn't have Outemus in it because of the slightly different pin specs. Pretty sure my AK33's switches say Ajazz on them, lol, so I have no idea offhand who actually made those.

Addendum: Alright, I took the 5 minutes of effort to compare some Chinesium blue switches to the real deal. I have at least one board with Outemu blues, and not sure on that Ajazz AK33. They apparently used to have "Zorro" switches, maybe the newer ones are just the same switches with the Ajazz name slapped on them instead. It would make sense, since whatever is in the board feels pretty terrible even in comparison to the real deal Cherries. The very tactility itself feels like it is up for reinterpretation with each press and has even more of that signature rattle than Cherry. They're also more gritty than Cherries. The Outemu's on the other hand, for being literally the bottom-of-the-barrel switch on Amazon right now, are surprisingly smooth with crisp tactility, certainly much better than Cherry MX. Almost makes me wish I had some run-of-the-mill Kailh and Gateron blues to compare against, even if I don't care for anything MX-like at all anymore.

I know because i did typing for 30 minutes with them on a logitech g board. They feel nothing compared to mx blues

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6536 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 12:37:46 »

Working now?

Show Image

It is, very nice. You obviously put some planning into that aesthetic. The carbon fiber looks great with the caps.

I know because i did typing for 30 minutes with them on a logitech g board. They feel nothing compared to mx blues

Cherry MX blues already feel pretty bad compared to most of the competition though. If they're as bad as those Ajazz ones I have, that would be pretty sad. I'm now looking at that board as a prime candidate for the next board to be gutted and given the gift of Kailh box jades.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #6537 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 13:47:01 »
Just cleaned it up and put back together. My first typing on Model M after 26 years....

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #6538 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 14:54:13 »
Nice and clean Model M! Those were built to last.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6539 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 15:29:36 »
Nice and clean Model M! Those were built to last.

... besides the membranes ... and the plastic rivets. Still cool old boards though.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #6540 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 15:55:33 »
Sure, they were built to last 40 years, not the 200 years of the Model F!

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6541 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 21:43:05 »

You think a Model F will only last 200 years? That sounds like a challenge! :D It is a shame that none of us will be around to see the first of them die of age-related problems.

I would argue, although it is more appropriate for the "unpopular opinions" thread, that the Model M is not a particularly robust design for those reasons, even compared to most modern mechanical keyboards. Sure, the cheap chinesium ones probably wouldn't survive the same sorts of direct physical abuse to the casing, but the switches should all at least feel the same, even if it is broken in half. And even the cheapest of the cheap chinesium boards don't deal with fragile membranes.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6542 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 08:21:40 »

You think a Model F will only last 200 years? That sounds like a challenge! :D It is a shame that none of us will be around to see the first of them die of age-related problems.

I would argue, although it is more appropriate for the "unpopular opinions" thread, that the Model M is not a particularly robust design for those reasons, even compared to most modern mechanical keyboards. Sure, the cheap chinesium ones probably wouldn't survive the same sorts of direct physical abuse to the casing, but the switches should all at least feel the same, even if it is broken in half. And even the cheapest of the cheap chinesium boards don't deal with fragile membranes.

200 years for a keyboard? huh?

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6543 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 16:47:29 »

We were (mostly) joking. The Model F doesn't have much that can go wrong with it though.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6544 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 17:43:33 »

We were (mostly) joking. The Model F doesn't have much that can go wrong with it though.

oh ok

Offline bahamot

• bistropolis - dine with style
« Reply #6545 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 23:43:02 »
Still using poker on FMJ aluminium case

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6546 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 09:58:55 »
[ Specified attachment is not available ]

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #6547 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 10:26:09 »
Damn I really need to finally do that full ANSI and alt key mod to my F AT and get it into the keyboard rotation.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6548 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 10:50:35 »
Damn I really need to finally do that full ANSI and alt key mod to my F AT and get it into the keyboard rotation.

That's still tempting, but between my F ATs, DC-2014s, K-151Ls, etc, and forcing myself to use them at work for a short period, it wasn't too tough to become relatively accustomed to the AT layout.

I would rather not modify an original F AT. It felt weird to me even just putting box jades into a Unitek K-151L. I have at least one of Ellipse's new ones on order though (for now). Do you have an F-122? They're easier to adapt without breaking out power tools.

The only compromise I couldn't make, which many don't even seem to care about, is the lack of a Windows key. Working with teachers, in a school, it is nice to be able to demonstrate the helpful hotkeys that incorporate it, so that I don't have to try to show them how to navigate 3-4+ menus and submenus otherwise. They usually have a hard enough time remembering they can just hit Windows key + P to fix their display settings when docking and undocking their laptops as it is. Those hotkeys are just really nice anyway, especially with the ones they added with Windows 8 + 10.

I got some of those usb foot pedals for that and mapped them to the windows key. Works pretty nicely.

Offline keeboardwarrior

« Reply #6549 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 11:16:41 »
THE60 with lubed Milky Gateron Yellows, lubed GMK stabs and SA Quartz keyset